Stages of life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,18:30)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 25 2007,11:05)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,14:15)
    Hi Tow,
    So Mary and Joseph knew but did not tell the world.

As did Elizabeth, her husband, the shepherds, the wise men, and Simeon.

The prophecies of John will find their fulfillment in the judgement when those who did not respond to the Son meet the wrath of God.

Don't hold your breath.

The Son of God was not anointed with the Spirit and power till the Jordan

Really? Give me proof that his anointing took place at his baptism.

Hi Tow,
    Since you do not accept the OT.

What does Jesus have to do with the OT?

And you do not accept the power of God.

I certainly do. You get confused with exaggerated accounts and what is supposed to be the power of G-d. The power of G-d is found in His creation. Look around and be awed. You can see that and there is little denying what you see as proof. Yet you are willing to believe words that cannot be backed up with proof.

And you reject the saviour Christ sent by God
    do you really expect us to prove anything to you?
    Go seek.

Sorry but your savior was not sent by YHVH. If he was, why didn't G-d speak of him in Tanakh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Topw,
    You think our God Who created all things is not able to recreate in miracles?
    Have you not found Jesus in the OT?
    He showed the men on the road to Emmaeus all the hidden references.
    Men of truth recognised their kind and loving God on earth at work within him.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2007,19:33)
    Hi Topw,
    You think our God Who created all things is not able to recreate in miracles?

He can do anything He desires. But I must ask why we have no record outside of scripture of G-d moving in similar miracles? Does G-d only move in such a manner so it could only be recorded more that thousands of years ago.

Have you not found Jesus in the OT?

Deuteronomy 13.

He showed the men on the road to Emmaeus all the hidden references.

Too bad he didn't show the rest of Christendom so you'd be able to give me answer.

Men of truth recognised their kind and loving God on earth at work within him.

Different god that YHVH then since Jesus was not spoken of in Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The Spirit of our God has fallen on men since the time of the first prophets and God has been able to be known through His words and actions. If you were a true Jew you would know these things to be true but you have denied these recordrd works of the Spirit of God calling them parlour tricks.

Christ continued these works and the mercy shown men in terms of raising the dead, healings and deliverances showed his anointing was greater than any other prophet. Again you demonstrate your lack of fear of God risking eternal unforgiveness by your contempt for God and His work done through His Spirit.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,11:44)
    Hi Tow,
    The Spirit of our God has fallen on men since the time of the first prophets and God has been able to be known through His words and actions. If you were a true Jew you would know these things to be true but you have denied these recordrd works of the Spirit of God calling them parlour tricks.

You mean it takes some spirit to believe such? What kind, the one in a bottle?

Christ continued these works and the mercy shown men in terms of raising the dead, healings and deliverances showed his anointing was greater than any other prophet. Again you demonstrate your lack of fear of God risking eternal unforgiveness by your contempt for God and His work done through His Spirit.

Oooo, now I'm really scared.

I have no contempt for G-d, you do. You say He copulated with a human and now shares his throne with that human. You also believe that G-d told people to slaughter others but won't accept that Christians killed so many and said that their god told them to do it. I find that attitude very hypocritical.

Towshab
    Participant

Correction: you say G-d copulated with a human and now shares His throne with the offspring of that human.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    God had a son by Mary.
    As scripture says God sent a prophet drawn from among men alike to Moses.
    But if you do not believe in Moses how would you know these things and be prepared for him?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,13:56)
    Hi Tow,
    God had a son by Mary.
    As scripture says God sent a prophet drawn from among men alike to Moses.
    But if you do not believe in Moses how would you know these things and be prepared for him?

I wonder how many more times you will try to misrepresent what i have said on here, but it won't work. You think it wins some type of points but only in your own mid and perhaps among others who think only Christianity has it right.

I believe in Moses. I believe much of what was written about him. Yet you feel that if one does not believe all, all must be thrown away. Again, please apply this attitude in all of your life and you will end up a very lonely man. Maybe you already are.

So please, try this sometime. Every person that has ever lied to you, even once, drop them from your life. If you do not, you are being hypocritical here.

Finally, the prophecy about prophets was fulfilled many times, not in Jesus. It was fulfilled by Isaiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Jeremiah, Micah, Malachi, Amos, etc. All that prophecy means is that G-d would continue to speak through certain servants and that is how many would hear about G-d.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Why do you believe in Moses if you only believe some things about him from the bible?
    It is not your bible to pick and choose sections from.
    You should not call God's work parlour games.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,15:33)
    Hi Tow,
    Why do you believe in Moses if you only believe some things about him from the bible?
    It is not your bible to pick and choose sections from.
    You should not call God's work parlour games.

Who decided on the canons of the Tanakh and GT? Men. Who wrote the words in both? Men. What am I? A man.

Case closed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Towshab,
    Your treatment of the sacred words of Israel is barbaric and they would shun your godless ways.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 25 2007,11:06)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 24 2007,15:44)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 24 2007,16:13)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2007,22:58)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 24 2007,15:57)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2007,21:37)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 24 2007,13:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2007,18:54)
    Hi Tow,
    Do you believe this God has spoken to men?

Audibly? No.

Not to Moses? Not to Abraham?

It is written, but not proven. Has G-d spoken audibly to you?

Yes, He has!!!!

Really? You should have recorded it because without proof, you come up lacking.

You will have your proof when I receive the anointing that He has promised me.

How will that be proof?

I can say I am right in what I a teaching, and I believe that I am, but when God confirms what I am teaching, it will be Him that is saying that what I teach is correct.  

I have told you that God has spoken to me in an audible voice.  Whether or not you believe me I know that it is a fact.   If He confirms what I am teaching with the same miracles that He did through the ministry of Jesus, then you should know that I am telling you the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So the prophets fulfilled the prophecies as well as speaking them?
    Interesting.
    And prophets did speak of knowledge of the future
    which are abilities foreign to natural men
    yet the works of power done were only parlour tricks?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,15:59)
    Hi Towshab,
    Your treatment of the sacred words of Israel is barbaric and they would shun your godless ways.

Not all of them, just likely the Hasidic, the Orthodox, and perhaps some Conservative.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 25 2007,16:00)
    I can say I am right in what I a teaching, and I believe that I am, but when God confirms what I am teaching, it will be Him that is saying that what I teach is correct.

How will G-d confirm what you are teaching?

I have told you that God has spoken to me in an audible voice. Whether or not you believe me I know that it is a fact. If He confirms what I am teaching with the same miracles that He did through the ministry of Jesus, then you should know that I am telling you the truth.

So you will be raising dead people, healing blind men, casting out demons, walking on water, feeding multitudes with just a little food, calming storms, and turning water into wine? Where do you live, I'd love to witness this.

Seriously though, what miracles are you speaking of? If you are just talking about getting people to convert to Christianity, I would not consider that to be a miracle.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    How many lepers were on the streets at the time of Elijah?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,16:06)
    Hi Tow,
    So the prophets fulfilled the prophecies as well as speaking them?
    Interesting.

Huh?

And prophets did speak of knowledge of the future
    which are abilities foreign to natural men
    yet the works of power done were only parlour tricks?

Or exaggerations by those who were easily impressed.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2007,17:30)
    Hi Tow,
    How many lepers were on the streets at the time of Elijah?

Is this a trivia question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So works of power were all lies but prophecies genuine?

Towshab
    Participant

Only if they come true.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account