Sophia for moderator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

LU,

your name does not suit you at all. if you want to be right, then be right in your own eyes. i am ok with it, really doesn't bother me. you think the text you posted is supposed to do what?

please, try again. perhaps tithing would be better, having a bit of trouble with that, or giving my time to the needy, that would be another. keeping a humble and loving heart in tact at all times is the biggest one right now. find the texts that support those and you just might have something, other than that………….

do take care lu, and hey lighten up

karmarie
    Participant

Kathi,

Quote Princess;

apparently i have hurt you in some way, if so my apologies.

Quote you soon after;

Princess and Sophia has done nothing wrong ??
    Open your eyes Karmarie.

Maybe (just a suggestion) you should say something similar to Princess, just in case?

karmarie
    Participant

I'm out of here :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Princess,
    You advise a humble and loving heart…I take that to mean that you are sorry for smearing gossip that you heard. Ok, so I am just imagining that you might humble yourself. That is better than nothing. I'll go with that. Peace.

karmarie
    Participant

Princess, if anyone here has ever hurt you, you are loved by me. Don't ever feel otherwise. OK?

kerwin
    Participant

Kathi,

You should consider how the godly should take criticism.  We are told not to do tit for tat but rather to test ourselves to see if the accusations are true.  We should also be a good listener, a careful speaker, and slow to anger.  If we do get angry we should be careful not to sin.  We should rejoyce if we are insulted.

If your brother sins rebuke him but remember the proverb a soft word turns away the wrath.  

These things and more I hope to live according to one day for they are the fruits of the Spirit of Love.

Just like you though Sophia words were harse so others thought your own to Sophia were.  

Use the situation to gain wisdom in pursuit of God and his righteousness.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 08 2011,13:39)
    I personally love Princess. So please all, leave her alone. Shes done nothing wrong and neither have I and neither has Sophia.

It is not noble when you publicly make a judgement against people with no proof and when you hold them to account for what they said, they then play the victim card. Why, because it is expected that you help the person you are rebuking or judging and also because the real victim is the one who has been judged or treated harshly.

So I have to disagree with you K.

And it is not about doing something wrong, it is about doing things in the right spirit. There is a clear spiritual way of doing things and posting a random post and then leave so you don't have to be accountable for your words is not fair on those that she judged.

At least Kathi didn't publicly treat her in the same way that Sophia treated Kathi. Kathi emailed her about it and it looks like she just ran. But Sophia should have spoken to Kathi about why she thought what she thought because if you give a rebuke or judgement, then back it up so you can help that person. If you just take off, then what value was the rebuke or judgement worth in the first place? Often people run when they have no answer or substance.

Kathi also made her own email public and if you think that she was nasty then say so. But did you read that PM, because it looks pretty reasonable and fair to me. It also had all the hallmarks of someone who actually cares.

princess
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 08 2011,14:38)
    Princess, if anyone here has ever hurt you, you are loved by me. Don't ever feel otherwise. OK?

Kar

dear one, you know i speak the same for you. as always when you need me i will be here for you. take care of yourself woman of god. peace be with you.

much love to you and your family.
    princess rene

Istari
    Participant

T8,
    Is your post as a Moderator (Enforcing forum rules and directions to Godliness) or as a personal comment?

Can I suggest that, as Moderator, it would carry more weight (Perhaps post as 'Heaven' or add '[Moderator]' under your post)

– just a thought!:O

karmarie
    Participant

Thanks Princess, you too.

===============

T8, I put this post on another thread just before, but I'll put it here also. maybe to explain my view. Just using a few examples.

Once, a member here got me so angry my hands were shaking at the keyboard. If i had posted, it wouldn't have been nice. But instead, I stopped, I thought about what the person said, and I prayed, and I searched my own conscience and realised the person was right. And I thanked the person for helping me to see that. And we have got on fine ever since.

Another time, another member, something happened that had me really upset, I prayed for help because I knew it was wrong. I asked the persons forgiveness if I had upset them, anyway, And felt God was the persons Judge, not me. We each have to answer for ourself. I felt calm after doing that and right. I didn't care what anyone else thought about me. God knew the truth. I prayed again and asked for a verse, for Gods words, because I needed the comfort. I was given Psalm 11, so I looked it up, and it said;

“In Yahweh, I take refuge. How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain!”
    For, behold, the wicked bend their bows. They set their arrows on the strings, that they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
    If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?
    Yahweh is in his holy temple. Yahweh is on his throne in heaven. His eyes observe. His eyes examine the children of men.
    Yahweh examines the righteous, but the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.”

Even after that, the problem didn't go away straight away, eventually it did though.

Another thing to bear in mind, is Christ “He was oppressed, yet he humbled himself and opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before her shearers is dumb; yea, he opened not his mouth.” (Isaiah 53:7)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (princess @ April 08 2011,12:32)
    t8,

wow, third time, does that make me a charm, well of course it does. due to i am so charming, what more does one expect, being a princess and all.  

so should you add to the rules that pm's now stand for public memo's.

take care t8.

Well this is telling.

I never mentioned you by name and yet you identified yourself in my words.

And about your Public Memos comment.

You have the right to post your own words on the forum, PM, or email. You just don't have the right to publicly post other people's words said in confidence.

karmarie
    Participant

t8, whoever Sophia was, maybe she spoke for others here, and was brave enough to say something? And now we're all coming out to say how we really feel? Just a thought.

Istari
    Participant

Expansion of T8's comment above:

Publish and [expect to] be slammed – unless you first ask and gain permission from the author!

karmarie
    Participant

And one more thing,

luke 18:9.

He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. “Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Istari
    Participant

Hey, hi Kar! Fancy some lunch… It's midday over here!

Istari
    Participant

Kar,
    At the risk of offtopicness.. I was just reading that verse… Weird eh?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ April 08 2011,22:06)
    T8,
    Is your post as a Moderator (Enforcing forum rules and directions to Godliness) or as a personal comment?

Can I suggest that, as Moderator, it would carry more weight (Perhaps post as 'Heaven' or add '[Moderator]' under your post)

– just a thought!:O

Good point Istari.

I tend to post as a member and think of my moderation duties as one who receives complaints from members about another member and has to do something about it behind the scenes and via PMs.

When I say things publicly in a post it is as a member.

Even a rebuke for breaking the rules is done as a member and other members have the exact same right to talk about the rules like that too.

I will think about the Moderator Tag though. It might be better. I do however already have 2 logins. One as the Admin for technical stuff and the other as a member who also moderates. Maybe 3 IDs is too much for one person. I have enough problems with 2. E.g., I make a post as a member and then it shows up as the Admin and I have to copy it, delete it, log out, log back in, post the copied content into a post.

OK, it is not always that bad. I do sometimes log in as each in 2 browsers. But 3 browsers? That might mean I have to resort to IE, after Chrome and Firefox. Not sure I could do that.

:D

karmarie
    Participant

Ok Istari,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 08 2011,22:19)
    t8, whoever Sophia was, maybe she spoke for others here, and was brave enough to say something? And now we're all coming out to say how we really feel?  Just a thought.

Yeah that is possible. But no matter what, I still think that if you are brave enough to say this publicly, then you should also be brave enough to stick around and say why.

Otherwise it is not fair on those who are judged.

For what it is worth, I actually agreed with her words, but that is not the point. I just thought she was wrong with some of the people on her list.

To me it is not fair on those people.

Could she not say the same thing if she saw Jesus talking to the Pharisees and didn't see all the times the Pharisees opposed Jesus? I mean she could just as easily say the same thing about Jesus could she not?

BTW, I wasn't on her hit list, but maybe after speaking what I think, I might be added now.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Did anyone notice that KJ wanted her as a Mod and yet KJ was on her hit list.

What's up with that KJ? Do you want a tile?
    I can sell you one if you are interested.

OK, at least we can have a laugh.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account