Son?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 337 total)
  • Author

Hi W,
    Do you think there are three Spirits?

Where does scripture say Jesus sent himself?

Only trinity theory enables God to send God and God to be anointed by God with God and we abhor such imaginative folly.

Then who did he send Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God sent his only begotten Son.
    Then he sent His own Spirit to His Son becoming in him the Spirit of Christ
    Then on the return of Jesus He sent the Spirit of Christ in the name of Jesus to the body of Christ.
    Then He will gather in all the sheep to Himself unto eternity

Hi W,
    Then on the return of Jesus He sent the Spirit of Christ in the name of Jesus to the body of Christ.

Hi Nick

So based on your statement above. God has a Spirit and Jesus has a Spirit, and God sent Jesus Spirit would you say on the day of Pentecost?

Hi W,

Actually Nick

Is it that he sent Jesus Spirit the same one that Jesus refferred to as another Comfortor that Jesus said that he would send! Or do we have Gods Spirit and Jesus spirit.

Seems like to me the trinity best defines who God is!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 22 2006,04:37)

Hi W,

Hi Nick

So based on your statement above. God has a Spirit and Jesus has a Spirit, and God sent Jesus Spirit would you say on the day of Pentecost?

Hi W,
    What does scripture say?
    Christ had a spirit, just as we have and was filled with the Spirit of God, just as we can be.

Jn 15
    “even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,”

The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ is of the Spirit of God and proceeds from God.

Jn 7
    ” 39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) “

Jn 16
    7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”

Jn 15
    ” 26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: “

Jn 14
    “16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; “

Jn 14
    “26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. “

acts 2
    4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ is of the Spirit of God and proceeds from God.

Hi Nick

Bare with me, Im trying to understand.

Is the Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit which is of the Spirit of God and proceeds from God?

Spirit of Christ – Holy Spirit =Same?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    God poured His Spirit into His son.
    God poured of His Spirit into his Son.
    God, the everlasting Source of the Spirit, does not lack Spirit because of the pouring.

Then Jesus became the one who poured the Spirit into his body on earth.

Jn4
    13Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Jn 7
    ” 37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Jesus, the Spirit filled Son of God, became the one to baptise in the Spirit

“29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.”

The Son became the source of the water of life unto eternity.

1Jn 5
    “11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.:”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 22 2006,04:45)

Hi W,

Actually Nick

Is it that he sent Jesus Spirit the same one that Jesus refferred to as another Comfortor that Jesus said that he would send! Or do we have Gods Spirit and Jesus spirit.

Hi W,
    Man's fabrications are not a valid fallback option if you cannot grasp the truth from scripture.

The Spirit is ONE and proceeds from God but has many appellations.

Hi W,
    Man's fabrications are not a valid fallback option if you cannot grasp the truth from scripture.

NH

I havnt fallen back on anything, I just havnt fallen for A Father God who has a Son who is a lessor God who has a Spirit that has no personality.

Sorry! Not convinced!

Is 1:18
    Participant

I agree WJ…
    A couple of other things to consider:-

• Given that 'like begets like kind' (an overtly biblical precept), how could one being beget another being of different and lesser ontology?
  • If the writer of Hebrews attests that Yahshua is “the express image (exact representation) of his (the Father's) person (substance/essence)” how could it be legitimately argued that His (Yahshua's) substance/essence is inferior?? It would not be exact then, would it….

:)

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
Why should we make God work according to the rules of our understanding?

Hi Is 1.18,
Why should we make God work according to the rules of our understanding?

Exactly my question NH!???

NickHassan
Participant

Hi w,
So you agree we should only form doctrines about God from what He has revealed about Himself in scripture, rather than developing our own theories or applying puny human measures to our God?

Proclaimer
Participant

Hi WorshippingJesus.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 22 2006,23:45)

Hi W,

Actually Nick

It also seems that a statue of Mary can define Mary.

But then that is what an idol is. An idol may suit our physical definitions of things, but spiritually they fall short and demons can actually use them.

Proclaimer
Participant

To WorshippingJesus.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 23 2006,02:21)

Hi W,

NH

I havnt fallen back on anything, I just havnt fallen for A Father God who has a Son who is a lessor God who has a Spirit that has no personality.

Sorry! Not convinced!

But you did fall for the explanation that says that God is one substance and 3 personalities. Therefore when we refer to God as one indentity as “I AM”, HE, HIS, etc, you are addressing the substance.

But if you were addressing all personalities you should use words like “them”, “they”, etc.

This faulty explanation is what you have fallen back on. The problem is it cannot hold the the truth. It falls over when scripture is applied.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Scripture shows that the Trinity is a false doctrine. The son is not God, he is the Word of God and the son of God.

He is clearly not God, the Father is.

It also seems that a statue of Mary can define Mary.

But then that is what an idol is. An idol may suit our physical definitions of things, but spiritually they fall short and demons can actually use them.

T8

So what are you saying t8? How do you define the invisible God? Jesus is the express Image of the invisible God.

So you have a delima here Jesus is the Image of the Father.

Its amazing that you accuse those who hold a Trinitarian view of having three Gods, which is not the Trinitarian view, for we believe in The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as one God.

However you have 2 a greater one and a lessor one and a Holy Spirit that is simply a force or power with no personality!

henotheism
Müller stated that henotheism means “monotheism in principle and a polytheism in fact.”

So explain to me how you can worship a greater God and call him Father and pray to and bow down to and serve a lessor God calling him Lord and Master, and be obeying the first commandment.

Deut 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
[7] Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
[8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Unless you hold to the view that God created another Image of himself for us to serve. Why would God break his own commandment?

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
[5] And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
:p :)

But you did fall for the explanation that says that God is one substance and 3 personalities. Therefore when we refer to God as one indentity as “I AM”, HE, HIS, etc, you are addressing the substance.

But if you were addressing all personalities you should use words like “them”, “they”, etc.

This faulty explanation is what you have fallen back on. The problem is it cannot hold the truth. It falls over when scripture is applied.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Scripture shows that the Trinity is a false doctrine. The son is not God, he is the Word of God and the son of God.

He is clearly not God, the Father is.

T8

You say:
But if you were addressing all personalities you should use words like “them”, “they”, etc

T8 by your own words you condemn yourself.
By your teaching you don’t see God as one Identity. With your mouth you say one thing and practice another. You say you have One God the Father, but then to explain away what you cant understand about the scriptures concerning Jesus and the Spirit; you make Jesus into a lesser God and the Holy Spirit as a force of Power with no personality. I repeat, where is this scriptural.

To you Jesus is the mighty God but the Father is the almighty God.

Unscriptural. The Bible teaches one God! Jesus is the express image of that One God, the embodiment of the Father intricately entwined together with the Holy Spirit as one.

Galatians 4:8-9
8Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

There is the Creator (the ONE true God), and all else is creation. This truth cannot be disputed!

Jude 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

See t8 I can show scriptures that Jesus is God also. By the way you say he was the Word. Which he is and which is God. Do you believe that the Word that was God ceased to be God. Or is this the lesser God deal?

???

Hi w,
So you agree we should only form doctrines about God from what He has revealed about Himself in scripture, rather than developing our own theories or applying puny human measures to our God?

Amen!

NickHassan
Participant

Hi w,
You say
“Unscriptural. The Bible teaches one God! Jesus is the express image of that One God, the embodiment of the Father intricately entwined together with the Holy Spirit as one.”

Now God is the Father as Jesus said.
Jesus is the image of God and has become united with Him in eternity in that Spirit.
But first he was a Son, and then the Son became united with God.
That is real, agreed, and significant unity.

Quite unlike the natural unity between God and His finger.

Hi w,
You say
“Unscriptural. The Bible teaches one God! Jesus is the express image of that One God, the embodiment of the Father intricately entwined together with the Holy Spirit as one.”

Now God is the Father as Jesus said.
Jesus is the image of God and has become united with Him in eternity in that Spirit.
But first he was a Son, and then the Son became united with God.
That is real, agreed, and significant unity.

Quite unlike the natural unity between God and His finger.

NH

HUH? Could you clarify for me please!???

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account