Son?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    That does not answer the question.
    Is the trinity equal in persons?
    Do you worship the trinity as a unity or individual deities?
    Do you pray to the trinity ?
    If so in whose name?

Hi W,
    That does not answer the question.
    Is the trinity equal in persons?
    Do you worship the trinity as a unity or individual deities?
    Do you pray to the trinity ?
    If so in whose name?

NH

Does God the Father dwell in you?

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Does Jesus the Son dwell in you?

II Cor 13:15
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Does the Holy Ghost dwell in you?

Rom 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is your answer my friend.

One God, Father Son and Holy Ghost. :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You you have three spirits within you?
    Is the Spirit not ONE as scripture says?
    What of the other questions i asked??

Hi W,
    You you have three spirits within you?
    Is the Spirit not ONE as scripture says?
    What of the other questions i asked??

NH

This is an easy question. Does the Father Son and Holy Spirit dwell in you?

Ill post it again.

NH

Does God the Father dwell in you?

II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Does Jesus the Son dwell in you?

II Cor 13:15
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Does the Holy Ghost dwell in you?

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is your answer my friend.

One God, Father Son and Holy Ghost.  
    ??? ??? ???

Why do you turn from the obvious.

Jer 32:33
    And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

So the Spirit is one.
    I agree.
    Two beings enjoined in one Spirit, the Spirit of God

Hi H,
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

So the Spirit is one.
    I agree.
    Two beings enjoined in one Spirit, the Spirit of God

Sorry NH.

The scriptures speaks of three beings.

Matt 28:19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    One Spirit.
    We are united in one Spirit.
    If you say there are three spirits which is it that unites us as one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Hi H,

So we are only in the Spirit if the Spirit of God dwells in us.
    Is that two so far?
    We can be in the Spirit but not have the Spirit of Christ then in which case we are not in the Spirit at all?
    In that case we are really not in the Spirit and the Spirit of God does not dwell in us after all.

Sorry but you can have all this mumbo jumbo.
    I prefer the simplicity of the Spirit being ONE.

Hi W,
    One Spirit.
    We are united in one Spirit.
    If you say there are three spirits which is it that unites us as one?

NH

Just as you say the Father and the Son are one Spirit.

The three beings, Father Son and Holy Ghost are one.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So close.
    The Father and Son are one Spirit in the Spirit of the Father God.

Hi W,
    So close.
    The Father and Son are one Spirit in the Spirit of the Father God.

NH

Jesus said 3.

Why do you deny this?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    That scripture has a dubious history according to Eusebius.
    The apostles baptised in ONE name Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in whose name they healed and raised people from the dead.
    The Holy Spirit has no name to baptise in being of God.

Hi W,
    The apostles baptised in ONE name Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in whose name they healed and raised people from the dead.

Ah there we go. Throw out scriptures again!

Jesus commanded them to baptise in the Godhead. Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The Apostles new of this and baptised in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

All the fullness of the Godhead being in him.

Scarry NH when you start throwing out scriptures. :O

You should accept all the scriptures.

david
    Participant

Sorry NH.

The scriptures speaks of three beings.

The scriptures speak of three. Your Bible has “holy ghost” trying to show that the holy spirit is a person. If we translated “spirit” as ghost everywhere in the Bible, no one would read it out of fear.

The Bible several times speaks of three: Peter, John and Paul, etc. Listing three together doesn't prove that they are equal or God. It shows that we can count to three. Congrats on that, by the way. (I'm only kidding here. I hope you know that.)

People who have been indoctrinated with the words “God, the Son,” and trinity and everything else have to realize that the words “God the Son” doesn't occur, but the Son 'OF' God does. And so, such people who have been told this story over and over, see three things listed and … wow, that's three. That's like the word “trinity.” Numerous times three things are listed together. The fact that this scripture occurs only once, almost is an argument against the trinity. If the three are the trinity, wouldn't this be mentioned once or twice? Here, we only have the three being mentioned together. Yet so many people say: Ah ha, see, three.
    Ya, three. So? If that's the kind of thing that constitutes proof, there are trinities everwhere, in the Bible and out.

What is the holy spirit's name?

I have always looked at that scripture and understood it to mean that we recognize the authority or role's that these play.

In the name of decency…in the name of all that is good and true…
    Stop, in the name of the law.
    The “law” has no name. Here, the word “name” means authority. It doesn't indicate personage.

david

Hi W,

So tell me NH.

If men can take scriptures and throw them out if they dont fit their belief, then what have we done different than the JWs or the Mormons or any other cult or religion.

We believe….
    II Tim 3:16
    All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You should believe the scriptures and stop trying to make them say what you want.

You open yourself to decieving spirits and doctrines of devils.
    :O

The scriptures speak of three.  Your Bible has “holy ghost” trying to show that the holy spirit is a person.  If we translated “spirit” as ghost everywhere in the Bible, no one would read it out of fear.

The Bible several times speaks of three: Peter, John and Paul, etc.  Listing three together doesn't prove that they are equal or God.  It shows that we can count to three.  Congrats on that, by the way. (I'm only kidding here.  I hope you know that.)

People who have been indoctrinated with the words “God, the Son,” and trinity and everything else have to realize that the words “God the Son” doesn't occur, but the Son 'OF' God does.  And so, such people who have been told this story over and over, see three things listed and … wow, that's three.  That's like the word “trinity.”  Numerous times three things are listed together.  The fact that this scripture occurs only once, almost is an argument against the trinity.  If the three are the trinity, wouldn't this be mentioned once or twice?  Here, we only have the three being mentioned together.  Yet so many people say: Ah ha, see, three.  
    Ya, three.  So?  If that's the kind of thing that constitutes proof, there are trinities everwhere, in the Bible and out.  

What is the holy spirit's name?  

I have always looked at that scripture and understood it to mean that we recognize the authority or role's that these play.

In the name of decency…in the name of all that is good and true…
    Stop, in the name of the law.
    The “law” has no name.  Here, the word “name” means authority.  It doesn't indicate personage.

David Im with you on the Title Holy Ghost. I would rather say Holy Spirit.
    But they are the Same and have the same greek word.

However you are wrong about the Holy Ghost not being a person.

Jesus speaks of the Holy Ghost many times using the pronouns, Him, He, Whom. The Holy Spirit speaks, thinks, teaches, guides, comforts, sees, hears, can be grieved, has feelings, can be blasphemed, can be sinned against, can be lied to.

Thats just to mention a few of the attributes of the Holy Spirit.

Without a doubt anyone who denies the Holy Spirit as a person has turned his face from the scriptures.

Acts 5:
    3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?
    4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
    5And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Lied to the Holy Spirit and lied to God.

This is proof that not only is he a person but he is God, One with the Father and the Son. :O

charity
    Participant

Hi WorshippingJesus

Some things to add; I know it takes some consentration to understand what we are all trying so hard to find peace in

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, even those whom God annoited to deliver the word first which christ prformed not forsaking the fathers.
    Jhn 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

I beseech you to consider this! This father maybe David Christ’s seed father who was sanctified who the word of God came to us by faithfulness
    Jhn 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    Jhn 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

God is the father of us all above all; also Abraham a father; they must be glorified within us within the language of the seeds

Desiring we could arrive here

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Pondering these words
    God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

God bless

charity

Participant

Hi WJ:

My understanding of Matt. 28:19 is that the emphasis is “in the name of” of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and that name is Jesus which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

They are two souls, the soul of the Father and of the Son.  They are one in the Spirit of Holiness and are united in the God's purpose for this world which is the salvation of God's children from the consequence of sin as the meaning of the name Jesus indicates.

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name witten in their foreheads”. (Rev. 14:1)  Having their Father's name implies that they have their Father's character. As Hebrews 1:3 states of Jesus that he is the express image of God's person.

“This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the Corner.  Neither is there salvation in any other: for none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”. (Acts 4:11-12)

The Apostles baptized solely in the name of Jesus.  (Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16)

Hi  WorshippingJesus

Some things to add; I know it takes some consentration to understand what we are all trying so hard to find peace in

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, even those whom God annoited to deliver the word first which christ prformed not forsaking the fathers.
    Jhn 10:35  If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

I beseech you to consider this!  This father maybe David Christ’s seed father who was sanctified who the word of God came to us by faithfulness
    Jhn 10:36  Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    Jhn 10:37  If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

God is the father of us all above all; also Abraham a father; they must be glorified within us within the language of the seeds

Desiring we could arrive here

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Pondering these words
    God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

God bless

Charity

Thanks. Pondering these words. :D

charity
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 20 2006,01:03)
    Hi WJ:

My understanding of Matt. 28:19 is that the emphasis is “in the name of” of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and that name is Jesus which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

They are two souls, the soul of the Father and of the Son.  They are one in the Spirit of Holiness and are united in the God's purpose for this world which is the salvation of God's children from the consequence of sin as the meaning of the name Jesus indicates.

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name witten in their foreheads”. (Rev. 14:1)  Having their Father's name implies that they have their Father's character. As Hebrews 1:3 states of Jesus that he is the express image of God's person.

“This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the Corner.  Neither is there salvation in any other: for none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”. (Acts 4:11-12)

The Apostles baptized solely in the name of Jesus.  (Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16)

Hi 942767
    great post

considering this now!

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
    Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Same soul taken from prison; I find it hard to believe God took Christ from prison at the cross,
    Also is soul is made and offering to justify many is the cross and the point of prolonging his days; And he shall see his seed after he has been taken from prison,
    How may we have a righteous belief that we may Glorify God in truth here?
    Isa 53:10 ¶ Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

charity

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account