Son of God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 141 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 06 2009,19:12)

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 06 2009,18:26)
    Kerwin You say it is difficult to give up ideas that you have conditioned with through our culture. Well then I must be an odd ball, because coming out of the Catholic Church, was no problem for me. Once I saw how Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian operated, I had no problem given it all up.
    What I do have a problem with is that I cant fellowship with anybody right now. All are Trinitarian here. So sad. Even our Family.

Peace and Love Irene

Where are we told that we cannot fellowship with other Christians (Unitarians, Trinitarians, Baptists, Methodists….)?

I have never understood this line of reasoning, I'm sorry.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy you need to read that line again, because I am saying that ” I ” cannot fellowship with anybody. I never said that we are told not to too. I said that I had problems with it. I just cant get it how you read that I said……….
    Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 07 2009,07:33)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 06 2009,19:12)

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 06 2009,18:26)
    Kerwin You say it is difficult to give up ideas that you have conditioned with through our culture. Well then I must be an odd ball, because coming out of the Catholic Church, was no problem for me. Once I saw how Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian operated, I had no problem given it all up.
    What I do have a problem with is that I cant fellowship with anybody right now. All are Trinitarian here. So sad. Even our Family.

Peace and Love Irene

Where are we told that we cannot fellowship with other Christians (Unitarians, Trinitarians, Baptists, Methodists….)?

I have never understood this line of reasoning, I'm sorry.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy you need to read that line again, because I am saying that ” I ” cannot fellowship with anybody. I never said that we are told not to too. I said that I had problems with it. I just cant get it how you read that I said……….
    Irene

Why do you have problems with it?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 07 2009,06:07)
    Jesus is not mentioned in these passages because Jesus wasn't who the Son was at that time.

Hi Kathi,

Reread your quote above…..

It's very confusing. I mean, the concept is confusing.

It's so much easier to just believe what is actually written. To trust that process and what it means. We are not specifically told that “Jesus” is any more complex than he lived and he died. The rest we piece together by our logic and ideas, imo. I see how you can do that – I've done it. But I'm wondering….should we?

I'll look more at what you shared tonight when I have more time to myself.

Love,
    Mandy

kerwin
    Participant

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

It's very confusing.  I mean, the concept is confusing.

It is not really confusing if you remember who God is and what he wants of His people.   I am convinced the scripture makes the point that Jesus is not an angel which is to say a heavenly being.  The writers of scripture have a reason for making that point and that reason seems to be that those believing that Jesus is an angel will have their faith, in the fact that he was tempted by evil even we are but without sin, weakened.  The problem we find in scripture is that we are expected to understand that reasoning without being told.   Remember Jesus told parables to the crowds but only explained them to his disciples.  Why did he do that?

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote in response to Not3in1(Mandy)

Irene

Actually I personally am of two minds on this issue since scripture does say not to fellowship with the ungodly but it also provides examples of Jesus and his disciples doing just that in order to spread the message of gospel.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18(NIV) reads:

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

“Therefore come out from them
     and be separate, says the Lord.
      Touch no unclean thing,
         and I will receive you.”
    “I will be a Father to you,
         and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

My solution to the dilemma is to go by the assumption that those who claim to be Christians are seeking for the true gospel even though they have not found it yet.  That is my hope anyways.

kerwin,
    blessings to you and yours, what you have shared in this thread has helped me understand and brought peace to an issue i have been having lately.

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 27 2009,17:27)
    I am of the opinion that at the present time God has withdrawn the gifts from mankind since scripture tells us that such a time would come

your quote noted, if you could reference scripture towards this it would be greatly appreciated, i believe in the book of genesis we are told his spirit will not always be with us…

if you would share with me any understanding you have of this, i would welcome the teaching.

much love

kerwin
    Participant

Wild_Olive_Branch wrote:

If you would share with me any understanding you have of this, I would welcome the teaching.

Zachariah 13:1-6(NIV) reads:

“On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity. “On that day, I will banish the names of the idols from the land, and they will be remembered no more,” declares the LORD Almighty. “I will remove both the prophets and the spirit of impurity from the land. And if anyone still prophesies, his father and mother, to whom he was born, will say to him, 'You must die, because you have told lies in the LORD's name.' When he prophesies, his own parents will stab him. “On that day every prophet will be ashamed of his prophetic vision. He will not put on a prophet's garment of hair in order to deceive. He will say, 'I am not a prophet. I am a farmer; the land has been my livelihood since my youth. ' If someone asks him, 'What are these wounds on your body ?' he will answer, 'The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.'

This scripture only speaks of the gift of prophecy banished during the time of the Messiah but it makes sense if one gift is banished then they all will be.  You will notice that the real prophet not only denies his gift but has “wounds” on his body which seems to make it clear he is a true Christian.  I cannot be sure but this scripture seems to fit the situation we have today.

I also came across this one a few days ago and I ask myself if the gift of healing was among the people then why are some blind and others lame.

Jeremiah 31:8(NIV) reads:

See, I will bring them from the land of the north and gather them from the ends of the earth. Among them will be the blind and the lame, expectant mothers and women in labor; a great throng will return.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2009,17:55)
    Cindy(Irene) wrote in response to Not3in1(Mandy)

Irene

Actually I personally am of two minds on this issue since scripture does say not to fellowship with the ungodly but it also provides examples of Jesus and his disciples doing just that in order to spread the message of gospel.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18(NIV) reads:

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

“Therefore come out from them
     and be separate, says the Lord.
      Touch no unclean thing,
         and I will receive you.”
    “I will be a Father to you,
         and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

My solution to the dilemma is to go by the assumption that those who claim to be Christians are seeking for the true gospel even though they have not found it yet.  That is my hope anyways.

Good way to look it!

Thanks bro,
    Mandy

thank you kerwin

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (wild_olive_branch @ Mar. 10 2009,07:07)

thank you kerwin

You are welcome though I want to make clear it is only my opinion as I myself am no prophet.

thetruth
    Participant

Wild olive read and seek Scripture truth for yourself, seek out someone who believes in the Scriptures, all the Scriptures, talk with someone who has fellowship in Christ with other Christians, and take what Kerwin says with a grain of salt, just as you should any of us. Pray and it will be revealed to you from our Lord, Jesus Christ. Kerwin is a good man, do not get me wrong. He however, has Scripture issues. You should never take one person's opinion as truth. Seek the opinions of others also, and of a good Bible teaching church. That I am afraid is something my friend Kerwin does not believe in. When was the last time you were in church Kerwin? I think all here would like to know, since character is part of the issue.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thetruth @ Mar. 11 2009,08:30)
    Wild olive read and seek Scripture truth for yourself, seek out someone who believes in the Scriptures, all the Scriptures, talk with someone who has fellowship in Christ with other Christians, and take what Kerwin says with a grain of salt, just as you should any of us. Pray and it will be revealed to you from our Lord, Jesus Christ. Kerwin is a good man, do not get me wrong. He however, has Scripture issues. You should never take one person's opinion as truth. Seek the opinions of others also, and of a good Bible teaching church. That I am afraid is something my friend Kerwin does not believe in. When was the last time you were in church Kerwin? I think all here would like to know, since character is part of the issue.

Thank you for emphasizing my point that it is just my opinion. A person should always test what they hear against the nature of God and what God states. Scripture calls the Beareans noble for doing so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You quote Zech 13
    Zachariah 13:1-6(NIV) reads:Quote

“On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity. “On that day, I will banish the names of the idols from the land, and they will be remembered no more,” declares the LORD Almighty. “I will remove both the prophets and the spirit of impurity from the land. And if anyone still prophesies, his father and mother, to whom he was born, will say to him, 'You must die, because you have told lies in the LORD's name.' When he prophesies, his own parents will stab him. “On that day every prophet will be ashamed of his prophetic vision. He will not put on a prophet's garment of hair in order to deceive. He will say, 'I am not a prophet. I am a farmer; the land has been my livelihood since my youth. ' If someone asks him, 'What are these wounds on your body ?' he will answer, 'The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.'

In context it comes after the return of Jesus in Zech 12
    10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

There will only be false prophets after the return of Jesus as all prophecy is fulfilled in his return.

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree with that post brother Nick. Yes it talks about Jesus' second coming.

Peace to you
    Adam

Viewing 14 posts - 141 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account