Something Happened to me…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dcman
    Participant

I think I will keep this as brief as possible…to be honest I do not know were to begin. I am a believer, but have been away from God for a lot of years now…but in all this time I have never stopped believing in Him. God has always been in my thoughts, has always been near me.

It does not matter why I fell away, but what is important is that I do not miss out any more of my life without Him in it (me following Him).  

Hello, my name is David, and I live in Northern Alberta Canada. The other day while on my way to work something happened…a couple of weeks ago now. I was crossing Hwy 43 at my usual crossing…now I usually just cross right over to the far lane if there is no traffic coming, but for some reason that morning I stayed in the near lane when I crossed the Hwy… something, perhaps someone, kept me in the near lane that morning.

…I didn't see it coming; it came out of nowhere.

A semi trator-trailer (tanker) hauling two tanks of fuel came flying past me. I don't know why I did not see it coming…I looked as I crossed the hwy and saw NO traffic coming, and so I proceeded in crossing. If I had done what I normally do in the morning on the way to work, and crossed into the far lane, it is most certain that I would not be alive today writing this to tell you about it.

What was so odd about that experience is that it had no affect on me emotionally. Normally I would have been freaked out by such an experience, heart pounding, hands shaking…but I remained calm…I came so close to death.

…that's not the only strange event that occured. I work in an office and sometimes I have to go out to meetings. Well, I was on my way to one of these meetings listening to the radio. Now I usually listen to 630 CHED talk radio in the mornings to catch the news. I had arrived at my destination and turned the radio off while I parked my car…it is what happened when I finished up my meeting that the second event occured.

The meeting was quick, in and out in ten minutes…I was picking up some drawings on a job I was tendering. Well, I got back into my car, drove out of the parking lot and turned the radio back on…only it wasn't the station I had it on. A Christian Radio station was on…and THAT is when I started to freak out!

At first I thought it was a mistake…that maybe I bumped one of the pre-sets or something…but no pre-sets had been set. I then thought, my hand must have hit the tuner by accident…but the station was tuned to 930 on the AM DIAL…I would have to had hit the tuner several times in either direction to get it over there. The car is electronic so the vehicle has to be turned on to change the station, so that rules out anyone breaking into my car and putting it on that station, and besides, I was only gone 10 minutes.

What was on the radio station was very interesting. I don't remember the name of the show, but it was a sermon about anger…that the anger of man does not do the righteousness of God. The speaker went on about the root causes and were it can lead to…needless to say this spoke to me in a very profound way!

It seems to me that God really wants me. Words fail me here, I am in tears writing this.

I started to pray again…

About the 2nd night from the event, at night while driving home from the city, I must have prayed though…I say this because something very powerful came over me…I started to weep uncontrollably, it felt like every nerve in my body, every ounce of my life's energy (spirit) cried out to God in one big energy burst that lasted well over 20 minutes…indiscribable!

There is more to this story…God started to deal with me about a year and a half ago (another event)…but, It wasn't until now that I finally woke up to His call.

So, now having writen these things down, I want to solicit those who would pray for me…to lift me up in prayer that I may find a church home.  

Thank-you for your time, and for your prayers.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey dcman.

Great to hear this. God really loves us. Sounds like he is truly calling you to him.

I will certainly pray for you.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dc,
    Yes God has His ways of reaching those He has chosen.
    But the response must be to seek salvation and that is by rebirth of water and the Spirit.

Participant

Quote (dcman @ Dec. 12 2007,05:43)
    I think I will keep this as brief as possible…to be honest I do not know were to begin. I am a believer, but have been away from God for a lot of years now…but in all this time I have never stopped believing in Him. God has always been in my thoughts, has always been near me.

It does not matter why I fell away, but what is important is that I do not miss out any more of my life without Him in it (me following Him).  

Hello, my name is David, and I live in Northern Alberta Canada. The other day while on my way to work something happened…a couple of weeks ago now. I was crossing Hwy 43 at my usual crossing…now I usually just cross right over to the far lane if there is no traffic coming, but for some reason that morning I stayed in the near lane when I crossed the Hwy… something, perhaps someone, kept me in the near lane that morning.

…I didn't see it coming; it came out of nowhere.

A semi trator-trailer (tanker) hauling two tanks of fuel came flying past me. I don't know why I did not see it coming…I looked as I crossed the hwy and saw NO traffic coming, and so I proceeded in crossing. If I had done what I normally do in the morning on the way to work, and crossed into the far lane, it is most certain that I would not be alive today writing this to tell you about it.

What was so odd about that experience is that it had no affect on me emotionally. Normally I would have been freaked out by such an experience, heart pounding, hands shaking…but I remained calm…I came so close to death.

…that's not the only strange event that occured. I work in an office and sometimes I have to go out to meetings. Well, I was on my way to one of these meetings listening to the radio. Now I usually listen to 630 CHED talk radio in the mornings to catch the news. I had arrived at my destination and turned the radio off while I parked my car…it is what happened when I finished up my meeting that the second event occured.

The meeting was quick, in and out in ten minutes…I was picking up some drawings on a job I was tendering. Well, I got back into my car, drove out of the parking lot and turned the radio back on…only it wasn't the station I had it on. A Christian Radio station was on…and THAT is when I started to freak out!

At first I thought it was a mistake…that maybe I bumped one of the pre-sets or something…but no pre-sets had been set. I then thought, my hand must have hit the tuner by accident…but the station was tuned to 930 on the AM DIAL…I would have to had hit the tuner several times in either direction to get it over there. The car is electronic so the vehicle has to be turned on to change the station, so that rules out anyone breaking into my car and putting it on that station, and besides, I was only gone 10 minutes.

What was on the radio station was very interesting. I don't remember the name of the show, but it was a sermon about anger…that the anger of man does not do the righteousness of God. The speaker went on about the root causes and were it can lead to…needless to say this spoke to me in a very profound way!

It seems to me that God really wants me. Words fail me here, I am in tears writing this.

I started to pray again…

About the 2nd night from the event, at night while driving home from the city, I must have prayed though…I say this because something very powerful came over me…I started to weep uncontrollably, it felt like every nerve in my body, every ounce of my life's energy (spirit) cried out to God in one big energy burst that lasted well over 20 minutes…indiscribable!

There is more to this story…God started to deal with me about a year and a half ago (another event)…but, It wasn't until now that I finally woke up to His call.

So, now having writen these things down, I want to solicit those who would pray for me…to lift me up in prayer that I may find a church home.  

Thank-you for your time, and for your prayers.

Hi dcman:

This is a wonderful testimony.  God loves you and has gone to some extreme measures to show you that.

I will certainly pray for you.  

In order to overcome anger(or any fault) we must be faced with things that make us angry and we overcome by resisting the temptation to get angry.  Actually, it is not a sin to get angry if there is a reason for it, but when we get angry sometimes we say things to someone which we should not say.  We can kill with the tongue.  Also, we must not let this anger become bitterness.

Jas 5:16
    Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

God Bless

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account