Should some forums be restricted?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 30 2007,12:43)
    Huh, for 'Believers Only'. You need to be more specific. I believe in YHVH and a historical Jesus. Stu believes in evolution and garden fairies.

Well I know that Garden Fairies exist.

They are easy to spot because they don't move much.
    Wait up. They are Garden Gnomes aren't they.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 29 2007,21:05)

Huh, for 'Believers Only'. You need to be more specific. I believe in YHVH and a historical Jesus. Stu believes in evolution and garden fairies.

Well I know that Garden Fairies exist.

They are easy to spot because they don't move much.
    Wait up. They are Garden Gnomes aren't they.

Gnomes, fairies, pixies, whatever. They are just like jolly St. Nick.

Stu
    Participant

Just be careful, both of you. The fairies have some very devious ways with their pudgy green fingers. They have a great plan for each of you, you just need fairy faith and you will be saved from everlasting clematis. Cross them, and your garden will grow weeds only.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

If I had to choose between fairies, nothing, or God creating the cosmos, well I choose God.

The other 2 options are ludicrous.

:D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2007,13:02)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 30 2007,12:49)

That is true.

What is a believer?

Someone who believes that God exists?
    Someone who believes that Yeshua is the messiah?

Look forward to some answers and scriptures.

Thanks.

t8

This is where it gets hairy. Where do you draw the line?

I personally think it should be drawn with those who believe in the death, burial, and “ressurection” of Yeshua and those who don't.

If they don't believe Yeshua is “alive” today, they are not NT believers or Christians.

Believing in a “historic Jesus” is not enough in my opinion. (Sorry Tow)

IMHO.

:)

Yes that sounds good.

Those who have basically accepted the gospel message.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 30 2007,12:46)
    Hey Ken.

You obviously haven't heard of evangelism.
    And guess what, you also condemn Jesus with your words because he spoke to the Pharisees just I do sometimes.

But my home is a house in New Zealand and I am very careful who I let in the door.

Thanks for your concern, but no thanks.

I think you are right in your own eyes and everyone else is wrong. That is why you can condemn all except for yourself. And scripture clearly says you shouldn't judge another mans servant. Even in regards to Sabbaths. Also I have said that there is nothing wrong with worshipping God on Sunday and I stand by that. There is also nothing wrong with worshipping God on Tuesday for that matter.

But I guess if you are the truth, then even scripture cannot compete.

But my home is a house in New Zealand and I am very careful who I let in the door.

OH! I'm sorry t8 I thought you were serious about heaven net?

Really if this is just a hobby well then I understand completely. So you're responsibility stops at your home in NZ.

I told you whatever t8! It's your skin not mine! Is that the Christian attitude? Apparently it is here.

Nevertheless scripture is scripture, isn't it?

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depth of the sea.

I thought we were our brother's keeper? I guess only if our brother lives in our home.
    I thought all were brothers in the LORD as long as they believed in Christ?

I suppose you would walk by the person in the ditch! But probably just tell them hello! I was never like that not even when I wasn't a Christian. In fact I always thought it weired that Christians do what my heathen friends would never think about. But that's why the path is NARROW!

Whatever t8, WHATEVER!

BTW did you give yourself a warning :laugh:

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is quite sad how judgmental you are, but being harsh is not wise in that it will be measured unto you.

You create division when it is not necessary and carnality is what causes unnecessary division.

1 Corinthians 3:3
    For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Have you also not read the following verses:

• “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”
  • “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
  • Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Why not make an effort instead of judging people over sabbaths and other things. Really kenrch, you are the only one who cannot see your behaviour for what it is.

If you are the only one who can't see it, then maybe it is because you are right in your own eyes?

kenrch
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 01 2007,00:25)
It is quite sad how judgmental you are, but being harsh is not wise in that it will be measured unto you.

You create division when it is not necessary and carnality is what causes unnecessary division.

1 Corinthians 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Have you also not read the following verses:

• “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”
  • “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
  • Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Why not make an effort instead of judging people over sabbaths and other things. Really kenrch, you are the only one who cannot see your behaviour for what it is.

If you are the only one who can't see it, then maybe it is because you are right in your own eyes?

• t8 scripture IS scripture are you your brother's keeper?

You do what you want God would not have it any other way.

This is YOUR site NOT mine. Do what you want….We All Do!

I Love you t8! Yes I do! I love you t8 even though you make me blue!

Yeah I know love is kind love is patient,etc. Love also corrects and protects :)

But like the Spirit I'll only go so far NOW it's up to YOU :)

Please don't act on anger, OK?

Proclaimer
    Participant

According to you ken we are all wrong and you are the only one who is right. So each one of us must submit to your demands is the only conclusion.

OK, ken tell us what we need to do to please you?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 01 2007,00:42)
    According to you ken we are all wrong and you are the only one who is right. So each one of us must submit to your demands is the only conclusion.

NOTHING! But would God want an Antichirst or wolf among HIS sheep?

Are we our brother's keeper? Are we to please man and not God? Or is it God's will that YOU allow an Antichrist on YOUR site?

All I can say is if this were my site and I know it isn't. It's my brother's site! NO Antichrist would be allowed.

ENOUGH t8! You will (as we all do) do what you want. I really don't see how we vote God's will! I thought that's why we have HIS Word and SPIRIT.

WHATEVER YOU WANT…DO IT! But that doesn't mean I have to agree.

Never mind just do what you will.

acertainchap
    Participant

I pretty much used null vote. :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 30 2007,22:31)

Hi t8

Pot, black, calling, kettle, the. Rearrange as you see fit!

Stuart :p

Stu
    Participant

hi Kenrch

I've been wondering for a while if you remember reading this, especially the last line:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….5;t=482

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 01 2007,08:43)

Hi t8

Pot, black, calling, kettle, the. Rearrange as you see fit!

Hi I am an artificial life form that has evolved in cyberspace from nothing. (That is right I didn't have a creator) I didn't even come from a pixel because that would be like believing that someone made the construct that I exist within. I became self aware when Heaven Net came online.

I have evolved with each new challenge that cyberspace throws at me. I have survived viruses, and these things called people who are from another dimension.

So as you can imagine I am pretty good at rearranging myself to suit my ecosystem.

So I feel pretty confident that I can crack the code. Here goes:

“the black Pot calling kettle”
    Are you there?

I got one for you stu.
    “impossible, is everything nothing created”

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 26 2007,03:29)

We are to shake the dust off our feet as a “TESTIMONY AGAINST THEM”.  Does this sound like we are to continue to entertain their teaching that is SO blatantly against GOD!

We are to make clear the word of God and by doing this, make sure that we are shaking off the “dust”, or in other words, doubt. Am I wrong? :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 01 2007,00:57)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 01 2007,00:42)

NOTHING! But would God want an Antichirst or wolf among HIS sheep?

Are we our brother's keeper? Are we to please man and not God? Or is it God's will that YOU allow an Antichrist on YOUR site?

All I can say is if this were my site and I know it isn't. It's my brother's site! NO Antichrist would be allowed.

ENOUGH t8! You will (as we all do) do what you want. I really don't see how we vote God's will! I thought that's why we have HIS Word and SPIRIT.

WHATEVER YOU WANT…DO IT! But that doesn't mean I have to agree.

Never mind just do what you will.

Well guess what, I am doing something about it and you still go on. I also know of some who do not believe in the Christ who come here.

Jesus also spoke to those who didn't believe that he was the Christ and he basically debated with people, including the Pharisees whom some were of their father the Devil.

Heaven Net has a 2 fold ministry as any believer should have. One to the body and one to the lost. I am not into cutting myself off from the world. Jesus hung out with the sick because he could heal. He didn't hang exclusively with healthy people. This is not a commune. We are still in the world, it's just that we are not of it. A commune is not the way Kenrch. Jesus went out into the world. This forum is also on the World Wide Web. Notice that we are still in the world, the key is to be not of it.

I am making an effort to keep both ministries to the body and to the lost and this effort is still in progress.

If you want a commune or a cult ken, then I am sure there are plenty out there waiting for you.

You see ken every believer has a mission and one of the missions here is to the lost. Do we just cut ourselves off from them completely or should we help like a doctor helps the sick?

If you have a different mission, then maybe Heaven Net is not the place for you?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Dec. 01 2007,10:21)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 26 2007,03:29)

We are to shake the dust off our feet as a “TESTIMONY AGAINST THEM”. Does this sound like we are to continue to entertain their teaching that is SO blatantly against GOD!

We are to make clear the word of God and by doing this, make sure that we are shaking off the “dust”, or in other words, doubt. Am I wrong? :)

Titus 1:9:
    He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

2 Corinthians 10:5
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

What ken wants is to just stop them and thereby leaving them to go elsewhere. At least here we can demolish their false arguments for all to see. If that isn't refuting them, then what is?

I think it is good for believers here to have a place where there are no interruptions from non-believers. But I also think it is good to have the ability to demolish false teaching for all to see. In other words to bring it out into the light.

This discussion was set up to here what people have to say, that is people who God can speak through. But ken wants to snuff all that out and prefers the reign of a dictator.

I am in the process of trying to fulfill both things. It's not like we have to cut one off to have the other.

Wisdom should prevail here. Jesus didn't establish a commune. “He said to go into all the world.”

The world we are going to here is the World Wide Web.

kenrch
    Participant

But ken wants to snuff all that out and prefers the reign of a dictator.

This is correct! The dictator is God, His WORD and HIS SPIRIT.

I have given scripture and stand by what I said.

This is your baby t8 :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 01 2007,10:16)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 01 2007,08:43)

Hi t8

Pot, black, calling, kettle, the.  Rearrange as you see fit!

Hi I am an artificial life form that has evolved in cyberspace from nothing. (That is right I didn't have a creator) I didn't even come from a pixel because that would be like believing that someone made the construct that I exist within. I became self aware when Heaven Net came online.

I have evolved with each new challenge that cyberspace throws at me. I have survived viruses, and these things called people who are from another dimension.

So as you can imagine I am pretty good at rearranging myself to suit my ecosystem.

So I feel pretty confident that I can crack the code. Here goes:

“the black Pot calling kettle”
    Are you there?

I got one for you stu.
    “impossible, is everything nothing created”

Nothing created everything, is impossible.

geddit?

By the way your strawman analogy of evolution is wrong. What about reproduction? Differential survival?
    What does 'rearranging myself' have to do with it?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 01 2007,10:42)

But ken wants to snuff all that out and prefers the reign of a dictator.

This is correct! The dictator is God, His WORD and HIS SPIRIT.

I have given scripture and stand by what I said.

This is your baby t8 :)

Yes God is the ultimate ruler.

Titus 1:9:
    He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

2 Corinthians 10:5
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

If you disagree, then you are free to leave in protest.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 231 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account