Seventh Day Adventists.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

Hi

For those that are wondering about the SDA. I have the following links from Wikipaedia. This is an un-biased view of the denomination.

Seventh Day Adventist

28 Fundamentals of SDA

SDA Baptismal Vows

Prophetic Gift of Ellen White

NOTE: By posting these links I am not claiming that SDA is a the true Remnant.

Hugs
    Phoenix

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is one thing to listen to a prophet and another to listen to a denomination.

I think it isn't wise to promote further division by advocating or offering any denomination.

Where do we see such activity in the New Testament?

Why then is it the main activity of Christians today?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,01:41)
    Hi P,
    I will happily judge any human doctrine according to the Word of God.
    Prophets are testified to by God through their prophecies coming true.

YOU da JUDGE, YOU da MAN.

God judges through His word. Not man's word!

I will happily judge any human doctrine according to the Word of God.

Then that leaves out the Ten commandments “human doctrine” like the POPE's. With the word of God? Don't you mean “twisted word of god” your god and spirit that has not the truth.

What was that you said I could quote scripture till I was blue :D

You remind me of a bull fight. You know where they stab the poor bull until it's almost dead then they finally kill the animal.

So it is with you the word has been stabbing you. Your god and spirit can no longer serve you. The sad thing is you won't repent too much pride the killer, the last stab that finishes the animal!

How long will it be O LORD my God!

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

ummm

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,22:07)
    ummm

HAH! Nothing you can say but you must say something. You absoulety have too, your spirit makes you. Reject that spirit and accept Jesus Nick. Worship in Spirit and Truth not spirit and Pope. The Father and Son or one. Jesus said nothing but what the Father said.

Joh 12:49 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

So when Jesus spoke it was the Son and Father you cannot separate the two and be saved.

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

God's Ten Commandments are the Son's Ten commandments that is why we MUST worship in Spirit and Truth.

Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

And what is truth? Is it empty words? Or scripture pulled out of context?

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

God's WORD is Truth. Paul the very apostle who people claim said the Law (God's Word) was done away with. Was NOT without the Law of God.

1Co 9:21

(ASV) to them that are without law, as without law, not being without law to God, but under law to Christ, that I might gain them that are without law.

(CEV) And when I am with people who are not ruled by the Law, I forget about the Law to win them. Of course, I never really forget about the law of God. In fact, I am ruled by the law of Christ.

(DRB) To them that were without the law, as if I were without the law, (whereas I was not without the law of God, but was in the law of Christ,) that I might gain them that were without the law.

(ESV) To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

(GNB) In the same way, when working with Gentiles, I live like a Gentile, outside the Jewish Law, in order to win Gentiles. This does not mean that I don't obey God's law; I am really under Christ's law.

(GW) I became like a person who does not have Moses' Teachings for those who don't have those teachings. I did this to win them even though I have God's teachings. I'm really subject to Christ's teachings.

(KJV) To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

(KJVR) To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

(LITV) to those without Law as without Law (not being without Law of God, but under the law of Christ), that I might gain those without Law.

(MKJV) To those who are outside Law, I became as outside Law (not being outside law to God, but under the Law to Christ), so that I might gain those who are outside Law.

Was Paul keeping God's Law the Ten Commandments?

Paul worshiped in Spirit and Truth.

SPIRIT:

Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace:

TRUTH:

Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

The mind set on flesh IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAW OF GOD!
    NEITHER INDEED CAN IT BE!

If your mind is set on flesh you will not keep the Law of God.

Therefore no one who does NOT keep the Commandments of God (God's Law) is NOT worshipping in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; Rev 18:5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

How are these people in her? They keep her doctrines and traditions. Her doctrines go against the very word of God.
    Her clergy are called father. Jesus said call no man FATHER for you have one Father HE who is in heaven. They used to worshipped images and new it was wrong so changed the forth to the third commandment and did away with graven images. How should we pray the apostles asked Jesus answered PRAY IN THIS MANNER: “OUR Father Who art in Heaven..” We do not pray to any apostle or Mary!

These and more I'm sure are the Doctrines of the Harlot the Mother of Harlets. All these some know, but the most obovious they do not know. The Harlot has changed the law of God. All in her keep “HER FIRST DAY” instead of God's day The seventh day Sabbath of God. Even if you are in one of her daughter's you keep the “FIRST DAY OF THE HARLOT” and are IN THE WHORE OF BABYLON.

So scripture proclaims “today” COME OUT OF HER!

What is the BIG deal? It's just another day? Then keep the forth Commandment! Why break a Commandment of God! Why is it SO HARD! Who would tell you NOT to keep the WORD of God?

Oh you don't have to keep that day. All days are the same. The Ten Commandments are for Jews only. Eve you can eat from that tree God knows if you eat from that tree you will be as God “YOU SURELY WILL NOT DIE”. You don't have to keep that day. You are in God's rest don't you have forgivness of Sin?! Aren't you under grace?! If you sin you are forgiven! Do you really think that gives you permission to MURDER, Steal, commit Adultery? Then why would it give you permission to break the FORTH COMMANDMENT?!

Ignorance will be no excuse! Where does it say that if you believe God is a Trinty you will be saved or thrown in Hell?

Jesus said those who commit “lawlessness” HE WILL REJECT! Mat. 7:21-23

You decide which is MORE important!

IHL,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    The OT law is about things we DO, or DO NOT DO.
    Men love having boxes to tick but doing so does not require the heart to be involved.
    So they are just a shadow of the reality.

The law of the Spirit, which is the law of love.

Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

Act 5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Have you received the Holy Ghost Nick?     Are you obeying???

The commandment to love was written in the Old Testament and part of the Old Covenant.

LOOK!

Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deu 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

These two love principals lay alongside and at the very heart of the Ten Commandments in the Old Testament, and lie alongside and at the heart of the Ten Commandments in the New Testament.

Jesus described them as a new commandment, because it was new to the Jews who became entrenched in legalism and had forgotten that God's Law was a law of love.

The first four commandments when kept showed man's love for God.

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The last six Commandments when kept demonstrated man's love for his fellow man.

Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Nick. If you or anyone are willfully breaking any of the Ten Commandments then you do not love God or your fellow man, because if you break one, you break all.

Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jam 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

2 Timothy 4:3   For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  
     4:4   And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Are you yet of the law of the Spirit of love?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,01:48)
    Hi kenrch,
    The OT law is about things we DO, or DO NOT DO.
    Men love having boxes to tick but doing so does not require the heart to be involved.
    So they are just a shadow of the reality.

Jam 2:16 and one of you say unto them, Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; and yet ye give them not the things needful to the body; what doth it profit?
    Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

If you say I love God but don't keep His law then you have no love for God.

1Co 9:21 to them that are without law, as without law, not being without law to God, but under law to Christ, that I might gain them that are without law.

Paul was NOT without God's law bcause Paul loves God.

When we love God we establish God's law.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish the law.

If your mind is on the flesh then you cannot keep the law of God. If you don't keep the law of God then it is impossible to please God.

Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:
    Rom 8:8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

When you love someone you want to please them. If the person you love wants you home on Saturday are you going to make sure that you are NOT home? Surely if you do that then you don't love that person.

I love you honey but I won't work or provide for my family. That's just empty words is it not? LOL!

The longer you wait the harder it will be for you to “come out of her”.

IHL,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    So I love God and I will tick all the boxes to prove it is good enough?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,18:36)
    Hi Kenrch,
    So I love God and I will tick all the boxes to prove it is good enough?

Nick you can do whatever you want. If you want to break the Commandments of the God you claim to love go ahead.

1Jo 5:2 Hereby we know that we love the children of God, “when we love God and do his commandments”.

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Do you mean all the commands of God including those brought by Jesus?
    Which commandments do you judge that I break?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,18:52)
    Hi kenrch,
    Do you mean all the commands of God including those brought by Jesus?
    Which commandments do you judge that I break?

Nick you didn't catch your tale yet? OR maybe you have!

You really should go back and read the posts again that's where I foud your answer. :D

Joh 12:49 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Seems the Father gave Jesus what to say and Jesus “spake not from myself”.

Hang on Pharaoh :D

IHN,

Ken :D

Faith First
    Participant

What do the scriptures say about Sabbath and Sunday in the Bible?

Did the Creator bless the Sabbath? Yes!  Genesis 2:3. Did He bless Sunday? No!

Did He hallow the Sabbath? Yes!  Exodus 20:11. Did He allow Sunday? No!

Did He command the keeping of Sabbath? Yes!  Exodus 20:8-11. Did He command the keeping of Sunday? No!

Did He rest on the Sabbath? Yes!  Exodus 20:11. Did He rest on Sunday? No!

Did He call the Sabbath His Holy Day? Yes!  Isaiah 58:13. Did He call Sunday His Holy Day? No!

Does He offer great reward to you for keeping holy the Sabbath? Yes!  Isaiah 58:13-14. Does He offer great reward for keeping holy Sunday? No!

Will the Sabbath be kept in the New Earth? Yes!  Isaiah 66:23. Will Sunday be kept in the New Earth? No!

Should the saints pray about the Sabbath? Yes!  Matthew 24:20. Should the saints pray about Sunday? No!

Did holy women keep the Sabbath according to the commandments? Yes!  Luke 23:56. Did holy women keep Sunday according to any commandment? No!

Was it the Saviour's custom to keep the Sabbath? Yes!  Luke 4:16. Was it the Saviour's custom to keep Sunday? No!

Was it Paul's “manner” to worship on Sabbath? Yes!  Acts 17:2. Was it Paul's “manner” to worship on Sunday? No!

Were people punished by God for Sabbath breaking? Yes!  Jeremiah 17:27. Were people punished by God for Sunday breaking? No!

Will some little horn power think to change Divine time? Yes!  Daniel 7:25. Will the Almighty ever change? No! Malachi 3:6.

Are those who keep the commandments of the Almighty blessed? Yes!  Revelation 22:14. Are those who keep the traditions of men blessed? No! Matthew 15:3.

Do scriptures say that the Law would NOT be abolished or changed by Messiah? Yes!  Matthew 5:17-18. Do they say that Messiah would abolish or change His laws? No!

Are there six working days? Yes!  Ezekiel 46:1. Is the Sabbath one of these working days? No! Exodus 20:8-11.

Did Paul make tents on the six working days? Yes!  Acts 18:3. Did Paul make tents on the Sabbath? No! Acts 18:4.

Is the Sabbath a sign of our sanctification? Yes!  Ezekiel 20:12. Is Sunday a sign of our sanctification? No!

Does scripture say that the Saviour is the Ruler, Master, Owner of the Sabbath? Yes!  Mark 2:28. Do they say that the Saviour is the Ruler or Master or Sunday? No!

Is teaching for doctrines the commandments of men vain worship? Yes!  Matthew 15:9. Is teaching for doctrines the commandments of the Almighty vain worship? No! Matthew 19:17.

Are we not under the Law, but under Grace? Yes!  Romans 6:14. Does Grace allow us to transgress the Law? No! Romans 6:15, 3:20.

Does Faith establish the Law? Yes!  Romans 3:31. Does Faith annul the Law? No!

Did Jesus say that we should teach others to observe the Law? Yes!  Matthew 5:19. Did He say that we should teach others to break the Law? No!

Saturday is still named 'Sabbath' in the Greek language (Sabato) as well as in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and in over 100 languages of the world. In Italy it is called Sabbato, in Spain Sabado, in Portugal Sabbado, in Russia Subbota and Poland Sobota. All of these names mean “Sabbath” or “rest day” in their various languages. This proves that when these languages originated at Babel in Genesis 11, Saturday was recognized as the Sabbath day and was incorporated into the very name of the day. Except for languages that have adopted the pagan names for the days of the week, the seventh day is still called the Sabbath as the Lord named it at creation.

Then where did SUNday worship originate?

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change” (Sabbath to SUNday) “was her act. And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.”      HF Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons (Catholic Church).

“Sunday is our MARK or authority…the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.”     Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1 1923.

“From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord's day, she has handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, inadequate as it of course is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church.”-D. B. RAY, “The Papal Controversy,” 1892, page 179.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Are you of the SDA or are these your own gleanings??

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

kenrch
    Participant

The Seventh Day Adventist are no different than any other denomination. They have Truth (the Sabbath Day) and Lies just like the Baptist, the Mormans,the JWs ETC.

NickHassan
    Participant

For KW.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who do not know the OT law was for the Jews become confused in their loyalties and cannot grasp the way of grace in Jesus while striving to serve the Jewish schoolmaster.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account