Seventh Day Adventists.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Following the lead of catholicism they got sidetracked into attempting to please God by obeying the Jewish law. There are many denominational versions of this error.

Lightenup
    Participant

Christians are also to keep the Sabbath but it is no longer a seventh day but it is the day when believers make Jesus the Lord of their life and this day doesn't end so it is not celebrated over and over every seven days. The new creation that believer's become is no longer the old creation where the seventh day is observed. Those who have yet to put their faith in Jesus as the Lord of their life remain in the old creation and follow the seventh day Sabbath laws. The followers of Christ are no longer in the old creation.

My opinion,
    Kathi

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 06 2006,15:02)
    Hi,
    I have been given a book about the beliefs of the 7th dayers called “Desire of Ages” They know about God and His Son and many of their teachings are seemingly quite sound.

Their emphasis on the Sabbath stems from their attitude to the Law. Sadly they believe we are all still under the Jewish Law and thus the Sabbath is the watershed of that legalism.

p288
    “Man's destiny will be determined by his obedience to the whole Law”

Unaware of the fulfillment of the Law by Christ and thus the righteousness obtained for those in him too they still strive to pleaee God in their own strength thus nullifying the value of that perfect sacrifice.

“You foolish Galatians”

Paul said to those attempting a similar path.

The huge influence of a woman “prophet” also rankles in their history.

Nick.

THe sevent day adventists roots is a woman by the name of ellen G white.(freemasons back ground.)(like the jws back ground.)

wakeup.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 17 2012,21:37)
    Nick.

THe sevent day adventists roots is a woman by the name of ellen G white.(freemasons back ground.)(like the jws back ground.)

wakeup.

Wakeup,

“Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness.
    I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.
    For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.
    Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty”.

This goes back to the Jewish ways.  And if I remember rightly, in the Early Church, they followed this strictly, (In the Orthodoc Church even to this Day, the Woman are on the left and the Men on the Right Etc)… and in the Early Church, they had only Woman Prophetesses but they were only to speak to their Husbands, at home.  Something like that. I will find it and post it here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Yes men love the false comfort of human religion.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 19 2012,12:41)

Nick.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.
    For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.
    Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty”.

This goes back to the Jewish ways.  And if I remember rightly, in the Early Church, they followed this strictly, (In the Orthodoc Church even to this Day, the Woman are on the left and the Men on the Right Etc)… and in the Early Church, they had only Woman Prophetesses but they were only to speak to their Husbands, at home.  Something like that.  I will find it and post it here.

Shimmer.

I agree; but why is it so?

Because God is represented as the husband, and his church his woman. and his church can never be above God.

greetings to you.

wakeup.

Marlin1
    Participant

Kenrch,

just as you have said God has made the law spiritual.

1 example.
    To look at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already.

Those that are in Christ are just like sheep.  And just like sheep don't have to do anything to produce wool.  So it is with those in Christ, the Spirit of Christ in them produces good works.

Were all the commandments spoken of by Jesus.  No they weren't, were they.  What did He say about the 4th commandment?

Thank you for your reply
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Sabbath means a day of resting from your work.

Is there scripture that changed the Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday?
    None that I can fine.

Does that mean that we should be worshiping God from Friday night at 6 to Saturday night at 6.
    NOPE……

Just as Jesus changed the other commandments, made them spiritual, he did the same to this one.

Here is what Jesus said about the Sabbath.

MAT 11:28 †     Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    MAT 11:29 †     Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    MAT 11:30 †     For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus is the Sabbath and He said come to Him and He will give you REST.

HEB 3:10 †     Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    HEB 3:11 †     So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

HEB 4:4 †     For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
    HEB 4:5 †     And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
    HEB 4:6 †     Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

The church met on the 1st day of the week to celebrate the risen Lord Jesus.
    ACTS 20:7 †  And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

They also met on the 1st day of the week because it is a type of the 8th day, an eternal day.

God Bless
    Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 16 2012,00:03)
    Christians are also to keep the Sabbath but it is no longer a seventh day but it is the day when believers make Jesus the Lord of their life and this day doesn't end so it is not celebrated over and over every seven days. The new creation that believer's become is no longer the old creation where the seventh day is observed. Those who have yet to put their faith in Jesus as the Lord of their life remain in the old creation and follow the seventh day Sabbath laws. The followers of Christ are no longer in the old creation.

My opinion,
    Kathi

Hi Marlin1,
    I said something similar to what you posted in the quote box. I agree with you and glad that someone else sees this.

Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 20 2012,09:44)

Nick.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

This goes back to the Jewish ways.  And if I remember rightly, in the Early Church, they followed this strictly, (In the Orthodoc Church even to this Day, the Woman are on the left and the Men on the Right Etc)… and in the Early Church, they had only Woman Prophetesses but they were only to speak to their Husbands, at home.  Something like that.  I will find it and post it here.

Shimmer.

Because God is represented as the husband, and his church his woman. and his church can never be above God.

greetings to you.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup.

I'm a woman, I have spent about two years on this forum now, and I KNOW that I should not be posting, or at least not trying to teach anything.

I believe what God said through the Apostle Paul.
    I see nothing wrong with trying to help a truly lost person.
    However, a woman should not be teaching, fullstop.

The reason I say this too is because of what Apostle Paul says:

Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness.

For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor”.

As a woman I agree with this.

Also Apostle Paul said:

1 Cor 11.14:

“But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God”.

I'm trying not to post.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 20 2012,12:25)

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 20 2012,09:44)

Nick.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Shimmer.

greetings to you.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup.

I'm a woman, I have spent about two years on this forum now, and I KNOW that I should not be posting, or at least not trying to teach anything.

I believe what God said through the Apostle Paul.
    I see nothing wrong with trying to help a truly lost person.
    However, a woman should not be teaching, fullstop.

The reason I say this too is because of what Apostle Paul says:

Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness.

For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor”.

As a woman I agree with this.

Also Apostle Paul said:

1 Cor 11.14:

“But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God”.

I'm trying not to post.

Shimmer,

Are you teaching or are you seeking to learn?

I was brought up in the Seven Day Adventist faith. It is the teachings that I am concerned about and not the custom of the behavior when gathered together. I have found errors in their teachings.

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Kerwin, how are you?

I don't need to learn from anyone here, because God is my teacher.  

If I have a husband, in the flesh or the spirit, and he is a believer, follower of Christ, then, he is my head, and I need to obey him.  And as a woman, it feels right, and as Apostle Paul said, a woman should be quiet!  Alone with her husband, yes – by all means speak.  But, otherwise, be obediant to their husband, and to God.  And to help (others) where ever they can.

A woman on a Internet forum, will always (eventually) seek to be the centre of attention, especially when she gets attention.  I don't believe a woman should be on an Internet forum full of men.  There is always the Jezebel risk.  Jezebel leads her men into error and untruths, (through seduction and control), so rather than risk becoming a Jezebel myself, I will obey God, and will not post anymore.  And it feels good and the right thing to do, despite the addiction to feel the need to say something (post).  So may God help me to NOT say anything myself anymore!! (perhaps to help the lost Muslim down in Skeptics place, but that is all).

Yes, Adventists are good, I went to a Church too Kerwin, for about a year, and was raised on their kid's story books – but I saw their errors, or at least, what I think are errors, and no longer go.

God bless. (Let this be my last post!) Take care.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 21 2012,07:12)
    Hi Kerwin, how are you?

If I have a husband, in the flesh or the spirit, and he is a believer, follower of Christ, then, he is my head, and I need to obey him.  And as a woman, it feels right, and as Apostle Paul said, a woman should be quiet!  Alone with her husband, yes – by all means speak.  But, otherwise, be obediant to their husband, and to God.  And to help (others) where ever they can.

A woman on a Internet forum, will always (eventually) seek to be the centre of attention, especially when she gets attention.  I don't believe a woman should be on an Internet forum full of men.  There is always the Jezebel risk.  Jezebel leads her men into error and untruths, (through seduction and control), so rather than risk becoming a Jezebel myself, I will obey God, and will not post anymore.  And it feels good and the right thing to do, despite the addiction to feel the need to say something (post).  So may God help me to NOT say anything myself anymore!! (perhaps to help the lost Muslim down in Skeptics place, but that is all).

Yes, Adventists are good, I went to a Church too Kerwin, for about a year, and was raised on their kid's story books – but I saw their errors, or at least, what I think are errors, and no longer go.

Hi Shimmer,

I didn't know you were a she.

I had that same battle you are going through with this subject.

A church is organised. The preacher/priest/pastor/teaches and directs the flock. God gave that authority to man. The man represents Christ, and the congregation the woman. A woman is not allowed to take the place of a pastor in a church. She cannot stand up and direct the flock, this is the role given to a man only, in the church. There are many female pastors out there, and they are going against instructions, making up all sorts of excuses.

I would hardly call the internet a church. It is a chat forum. There is no organisation on the forum. Just people coming together and speaking their views. Nobody is following anyone or leading anyone. The internet is used for evil, but it is also used for good. Like minded people can communicate and ask questions and learn, right from their own homes.

A woman can preach, but she cannot be a leader in a church. Theres a big difference. Don't hide the light in you under the bed. Bring it out and let it shine.

I admire you for your fear in the Lord. You do not want to speak up because you afraid you are doing the wrong thing. I really admire that, and I think it's ok to chat. You're not a leader here, in a high position, controlling the flock. Can you see my point.

Regards
    Journey

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Journey. Yes I'm a woman. I try not to advertise the fact though, example, I don't have an avatar, and if someone calls me a brother or a sir, I don't say anything (about it), and I don't sign off with my name (which is feminine). I have felt that I was doing the wrong thing, by posting. This is just me, though. I have learnt so much lately.

Thats enough from me (here!)

God bless you Journey.

NickHassan
    Participant

We would love you to keep posting Shimmer

shimmer
    Participant

Thank you Nick, I appretiate that.  I'm really trying to give up a bad addiction (Posting on Forums), and I KNOW it was not right with God.  So, please, let this be my last post!

Good to have you back here Nick too.

Ok, i'm quiet now!

God bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Ok Sh,
    Just cut down to one for a while.

shimmer
    Participant

Nick, NO! One will become many!!

But thanks,

Take care Nick.

Everyone know that I will not be replying to another post. (Not deliberately snobbing anyone!).

God bless.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 21 2012,02:12)
    Hi Kerwin, how are you?

shimmer,

God chooses to speak as he may. He uses people, animals, and events. He is always speaking. You have just watch out for the corrupting interference of sin.

So there are things God can teach you on these forums or in other places. So test the spirits and learn from that which is from above.

Note that Priscilla and her husband Aquila are both credited with teaching Apollos and that Debra was a judge of the people.

kerwin
    Participant

Shimmer,

Thank you for your concern for my health. I am doing a lot better than I was but their seems to be a little room for improvement.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account