Scriptures only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

We are here to discus scriptures,this is how we,the true seekers will gain knowledge.There will always be disagreements,but lets stay with the scriptures,and dont ever start picking up stones like they did back then.
    We will never learn that way; The christian spirit we must keep in us,and not follow that spirit of this world.(control)

Stay humble,and open those ears and eyes,and compere scripture with scripture; not doctine with doctrine,there are many doctrines floating around, all contra each other.
    We have one Holy Bible,(the word of God )this and only this is our weapon,our sword, not stones and abusive words.
    For we, true christians dont have that inside us.

For we are loving,full of kindness,humble,patient,longsuffering.
    These are the fruits of a true christians.
    So lets learn,and feed ourselves with the word of God;for this is life.Have an open mind,but watch,and always asking genuine questions,avoid silly questions.Be serious,no playing with words, no dancing with words.I am glad to answer your questions.

God blees you.

wakeup.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Wakeup,
    I'm always open to honest open discussion, wanting only truth.

Wm

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 01 2012,16:00)
    Wakeup,

Wm

You will find seekingtruth.
    but ask questions,and always check them out with scriptures.

God bless.

wakeup.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 01 2012,16:33)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 01 2012,16:00)
    Wakeup,

Wm

You will find seekingtruth.
    but ask questions,and always check them out with scriptures.

God bless.

wakeup.

For that you started a new column?

You tell others to stick to scriptures while ignoring your own advice.

You are about as phony as they come.

Georg

seekingtruth
    Participant

Wakeup,
    What are your thoughts on God knowing the future. My current understanding is that God does not know with absolute certainty the details of the future but can with certainty proclaim an outcome based on His power, and His wisdom to move the pieces on the board (so to speak) to arrive at His desired conclusion.

Sounds good but is it true? Do you know of any scripture(s) that should be considered that I may have missed?

Thanks,
    Wm

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 01 2012,21:28)
    Wakeup,
    What are your thoughts on God knowing the future. My current understanding is that God does not know with absolute certainty the details of the future but can with certainty proclaim an outcome based on His power, and His wisdom to move the pieces on the board (so to speak) to arrive at His desired conclusion.

Sounds good but is it true? Do you know of any scripture(s) that should be considered that I may have missed?

Thanks,
    Wm

Hi Seekingtruth

Here are some scriptures for you to read.

ISAIAH 46:10,11
    ISAIAH 48:5

bless you Seekingtruth
    Wakeup

seekingtruth
    Participant

Thank you for the verses wakeup.

The one verse states: “What I have said, that I will bring about” to me this indicates that God was stating “I have the wherewith-all to bring what I say to past”.  

At least to me it does not indicate that God knew what was going to happen, beyond what infinite wisdom and understanding would tell him.

I used to believe that God knew every detail from beginning to end (my name, who I would marry, kids names, what I had for lunch, etc.) but decades of study have left me pondering what is the truth of the matter.

My opinion – Wm

journey42
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 02 2012,04:32)

The one verse states: “What I have said, that I will bring about” to me this indicates that God was stating “I have the wherewith-all to bring what I say to past”.  

At least to me it does not indicate that God knew what was going to happen, beyond what infinite wisdom and understanding would tell him.

I used to believe that God knew every detail from beginning to end (my name, who I would marry, kids names, what I had for lunch, etc.) but decades of study have left me pondering what is the truth of the matter.

My opinion – Wm

Hi seeking truth

God does know everything that will happen, even with us…He knows what we are going to have for breakfast next week and at what time. Nothing can get past him.

God is all knowing. He knows the end in the beginning and all the fine details in-between. That means he knows everything in advance

Luke 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

If God knows how many hairs on our head, he knows everything. He's telling us that.

God is too intelligent and magnificent to be underestimated, or limited. There is no limit to his abilities and power. There is nothing he cannot do.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wm, here's another (Psalms 139:2-6)…

2 Thou(YHVH) knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
    3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
    5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 02 2012,04:32)

My opinion – Wm

Seekingtruth.

Do you know the scripture that says; God is yesterday today and tomorrow? God is not in our time zone,he is not bound by time,as we are. Tomorrow is today for him and yesterday is today,and to day is today.
    isiah 9;6 —-What is EVERLASTING mean to you?( no beginning and no end)
    when God is prophesying,he is telling us what will happen before it happens; thousands of years ahead. I know its not easy to comprehend,since we are bound by time.

wakeup.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Wakeup,
    No I don't know the verse God is yesterday today and tomorrow? I know the one Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Is that the one your thinking of or is there another one?

Thanks – Wm

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 05 2012,21:41)
    Wakeup,
    No I don't know the verse God is yesterday today and tomorrow? I know the one  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Is that the one your thinking of or is there another one?

Thanks – Wm

Hi Seekingtruth.

Yes that was the scripture; i shoulld have said “Jesus''.
    But if Jesus is, than God is,but rather: If God is Than Jesus also is, for they are one.
    My apologies.

wakeup.

seekingtruth
    Participant

wakeup,
    That verse states that He is the same (as in unchanging character) not that He knows the details of the future.

What I'm looking for is scripture like Genesis 22:12 “Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son” which to me says God did not know ahead of time how Abraham would react.

I know that people who believe God knows all the details of the future say that God was actually showing Abraham what he would do, but that is not what it says.

Also if we “know” that God has all the details of the future, wouldn't satan have “known” that also. Then why would he want to test Job? I mean if God agreed to the test shouldn't satan of thought well never mind if God's agreeing and He knows the future then the test will fail.

As I've said, I believed that God knew all details of the future for decades, I have only recently re-evaluated this position and am still trying to make sure I haven't gone off the path and as you stated at the beginning of this thread we need to stick with scripture.

Thanks – Wm

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wm,

I agree, it was a show for all the angels. (1Cor.4:9)

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 06 2012,23:34)
    wakeup,
    That verse states that He is the same (as in unchanging character) not that He knows the details of the future.

What I'm looking for is scripture like Genesis 22:12 “Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son” which to me says God did not know ahead of time how Abraham would react.

I know that people who believe God knows all the details of the future say that God was actually showing Abraham what he would do, but that is not what it says.

Also if we “know” that God has all the details of the future, wouldn't satan have “known” that also. Then why would he want to test Job? I mean if God agreed to the test shouldn't satan of thought well never mind if God's agreeing and He knows the future then the test will fail.

As I've said, I believed that God knew all details of the future for decades, I have only recently re-evaluated this position and am still trying to make sure I haven't gone off the path and as you stated at the beginning of this thread we need to stick with scripture.

Thanks – Wm

God does know the end from the beginning.

Isa 46:10 “””Declaring the end from the beginning”””, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

That is how he can prophecy the future.

Georg

seekingtruth
    Participant

Georg,
    Thank you for the scripture, hope you and Irene are doing well.

I believe the scripture could go either way, which is why I'm looking into it.

Isaiah 46:10 “In the beginning, I told you what would happen in the end. A long time ago, I told you things that have not happened yet. When I plan something, it happens. I do whatever I want to do.

I believe this verse tends to indicate that God laid out a general plan for the ages to come, confident in His ability to see it come to pass. Perhaps that is why when God is revealing into the far distant future its with symbols.

My opinion – Wm

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 02 2012,14:46)
    Hi Wm, here's another (Psalms 139:2-6)…

2 Thou(YHVH) knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
    3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
    5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

God bless

Hi Wm,

What about these verses,
    you didn't comment on them yet?
    Don't these sum up the matter for you?

God bless

seekingtruth
    Participant

Ed,
    Sorry I missed your post, been busy.

Psalms 139:2 You know when I sit down and when I get up. You know my thoughts from far away. 3 You know where I go and where I lie down. You know everything I do. 4 LORD, you know what I want to say, even before the words leave my mouth. 5 You are all around me—in front of me and behind me. I feel your hand on my shoulder. 6 I am amazed at what you know; it is too much for me to understand.

I believe that this scripture has more to do with the awareness that God has, rather than with knowing it in the past.

My opinion – Wm

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 06 2012,23:34)
    wakeup,

Thanks – Wm

Hi Seekingtruth.

Do you recall When GOD asked adam after they ate of the fruit; He asked adam ''where are you? God knew where he was. dont you think so?
    And is egypt; God send moses to the pharao;but he hardens the pharaos heart. ex.4;19. 9:7. 35. 110:20.27. 14:4.17.Romans 9;17.rev.17:17.
    yes, he is in control of everything.

Dan.2:1 God gave the king in syriack a dream.and it all was fulfilled. Everything is like putty in Gods hands.he can shape it as he wishes; therefore he knows the outcome of everything.
    Not forgetting,that he is not in our time zone.

I understand what exactly your question is; can he know before things happen.But cant you see that things dont happen by it self? unles he makes it happen.Can you understand this. NOTHING CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT GOD;THEREFORE HE CAN SEE THE OUTCOME,THEREFORE HE KNOWS EVERYTHING.

Isiah41:4. 44:24. 45:12. 13.
    Just remember this; NOTHING CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT GOD; THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE THAT CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN,GOD MAKE ALL THINGS,AND MAKE THINGS HAPPEN FOR HIS PURPOSE,AND HE WANTS US TO KNOW WHAT THAT PURPOSE (PLAN) IS. When we can see that picture clearly, then we can say ''I know the whole truth. The we have the spirit of truth(Holy spirit)

peace.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Seekingtruth.

God created Lucifer also for his purpose; he created him with full of wisdom; But God knew that this one cherub is going to be a rebeller; BUT THAT WAS GODS PLAN,THERE WAS NO EVIL IN HEAVEN, BUT GOD WANTS THE ANGELS TO KNOW EVIL ALSO.IF ONE DOES NOT KNOW EVIL THAN HOW CAN ONE KNOW GOOD? AND EVIL CAN NOT BE MADE MANIFEST IN HEAVEN,CAUSE THEY ARE ALL SPIRIT CREATURES,STRONG AND THEY CAN SEE LUCIFER,SO GOD CREATED FLESH FOR LUCIFER TO DOMINATE, AND TO BRING OUT THAT EVIL THAT IS IN HIS HEART ; AND EVIL WAS BORN IN THE GARDEN.Since then, satan has taken over mankind and led them to evil continuously. But God also has send man to bring them back to the right path.Then later his own Son.Evil must reach to the top,then it will be destroyed forever.

you take care.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account