SCRIPTURAL COMMON SENSE Vs CONFUSION

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Cubes.

That verse seems to be moving around the page quite a bit.

1Jo 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Cubes
    Participant

Before Trinitarians write me regarding the names of Jesus, and their meanings, I'd like to just say: It was God, his Father, who gave him his names. Not the other way around.

The identities of parents are long established before their sons and daughters are born therefore, pet names may be given parents by their children, but the actual naming process is generally an honor reserved for parents and highly honored individuals.

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 18 2006,11:16)
    Hi Cubes.

That verse seems to be moving around the page quite a bit.

1Jo 5:21  Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

He he.

Ha, ha!  I think it's trying to catch up with some people that have ran clear away after the false teaching of the Laodicinean…hmmm hmmm… I mean the Nicene group!  

Warp speed!

Seriously though, we need to redeem the time as the days are wicked.

david
    Participant

Now that we have

discovered the magic of marquees

things are going to get weird

Cubes
    Participant

THE NAMING PROCESS:

Of the Father:

• Jhn 12:28  Father, glorify THY name. Then came there a voice from heaven, [saying], I have both glorified [it], and will glorify [it] again.
  • Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for HIS name.

• Of the Christ:  

• Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
  • Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
  • Hbr 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

• Of the redeemed:

• Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].
  • Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
  • He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.
Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 19 2006,01:52)
Now that we have

discovered the magic of marquees

things are going to get weird

He he

That is funny.

:)

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Aug. 19 2006,01:53)
Of the Christ:

# Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Amen Cubes.

God has named the whole family in heaven and earth and he has given Jesus the name above all names.

Cubes
Participant

Mar 14:61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, ART THOU THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE BLESSED?

Mar 14:62  And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see THE SON OF MAN sitting on the RIGHT HAND of POWER, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?

Trinitarians say that this dialogue shows that the Jews understood Jesus to mean that he is in fact God, for which reason they killed him.

If this is the case then they killed him justly since obviously, the scriptures have never portrayed Jesus as God Almighty.

I daresay that they killed him unjustly because for one thing, they couldn't even get the accusation right.  It was never prophesied that God should come and die for anyone.  Correct me if I am wrong!  

They asked if he is the son of the Blessed, he said he was, and it was for that reason that they killed him, not that they were killing God or his Father.  This directly correlates with Jesus own teaching, the parable of the owner of the Vineyard whose heir was killed by the workers.  

Killing him was unjust on several levels, among which is that,
Messiah was widely spoken of in the scriptures to be sent by God to come, and seeing him, they failed to recognize or accept him.  

Thus, the Trinitarian perspective actually justifies the death of God's anointed and innocent son… ascribing to him claims he never made of himself!  Subsequently, another error of the Trinity doctrine is seen.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi cubes,
Yes it baffles me that admitting to be the Son of God, when all men originate from God, was seen to be a capital offense in Israel. One verse says that it meant he was claiming equality with God and that was the reason. Perhaps the Jews could help us understand this.

It is ironical that trinitarians believe he was not only equal with God but was God so they agree with the accusers of Jesus.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi,
Scripture does not teach trinity.
Men do applying human wisdom to scripture they think they have found deeper unrevealed truths.
The gospel is for children so this type of speculation does not help our relationship with God.
Who would dare teach what is not written?
This is not commonsense.

NickHassan
Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Mar. 04 2006,16:52)
Hi Woutlaw,

If the Oneness faith holds that God was the Father of the OT, The Son of the NT, and the Holy Spirit of this present time then I definitely do not believe that.

I believe that YHWH is exclusively the Most High God.  Alone.  His being is not tied into any other personality however all other beings originate from him.

I believe that by his own spirit he created and/or begat Yeshua, his only begotten son.  

I believe that both our Father YHWH and our brother YESHUA are present concurrently and shall be seen together in glory but that it is the Father who is God of all.

Hi Cubes,
Jesus is our brother.
God is not our brother.
God is our father.
Kids stuff really.

Proclaimer
Participant

and we are the children of God so calling God, 'Father' is appropriate.

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Galatians 4:6
Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

The Father is also the God of Yeshua and Yeshua is his child too.

Revelation 3:12
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

1 John 5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

As you said Nick, it is simple stuff.

It is also obvious stuff. Scripture is rich in conveying this to us.

peace and fellowship

georg
Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Mar. 05 2006,08:17)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 04 2006,21:01)

I believe that by his own spirit he created and/or begat Yeshua, his only begotten son.

Hi Cubes,
Just for clarification, do you believe that Yahshua was “begotten” at the time of His earthly conception?

Hi Is

The question is too technical for me.  I am not sure I understand it.  I know that God overshadowed Mary with his own spirit leading to her conception.  The child that was born was introduced to us as the Father's (only begotten) Son.  I accept those words and the relationship because God says so.  Not sure of the technicalities or the physiological intricacies involved therein.

Is and Cubes

Is not the definition of “begotten and born” the same? meaning, brought into excistance? or his beginning?
Since the Son/Jesus, was the one who created all things, does that not mean he existed long before he became one of us?
God does everything by the power of his Holy Spirit/Mind, not through another person.
Any one who things the Father and the Son are the same, look up the definition of “Father” and “Son” in your dictionary.

Georg

'A real Christian should be able to recognize another real Christian even if there are disagreements and immaturities between them, but extend grace to those who are true believers yet who may disagree, and hope that they will recognize that it is in their best interests in the fear of God to do the same for us.'

d gregg

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account