Satan is in the lake of fire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2010,08:42)
    Hi KW,
    The sons of God rejoiced when the foundations of earth were laid.[Jb38]
    Also seen Ps 89, Jb 1-2, Gen6

Nick,

You do greatly err. The hebrew “bene elohim” may also be translated “mighty ones” (Psalm 29). Job 38 should say that hte “mighty ones” rejoiced when the foundations of the earth were laid. Psalm 89 and Genesis 6 have nothing to do with angels. You just won't let go of your superstitions about angels marrying women will you.

Hebrews 1 unmistakeably says that God has never called an angel “son.”

“To which of the angels did He ever say, 'You are my son' “?

Superstition has no place with the sacred.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Your advice to others seems to find your own ears as deaf.

Choosing your own translations in defence of your own ideas is unwise.

kerwin
    Participant

Kangaroo Jack,

Once again you fail to understand what scripture means when it states that the watchmen watches in vain unless the Lord watches over the city, Psalms 127:1.

In the same way the accuser accuses in vain unless the Lord is with him.   This is true even when the Lord's motives are different than the accuser.

As far as I can tell you are the one that is adding the word “an” to the scripture in Chronicles.  My version only states “Satan, i.e. Accuser, rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.”  It does not use either “an” or “the”.

I have been thinking of you spin about Job where you state Satan is a human accuser given miraculous powers by God in order to opresss Job.   Did this hypothetical God empowered human also enter the Seventh Heaven to petition God to opress Job when God boasted of Job's righteousness?

Job does not state his opressor is either human or diabolical but rather credits God with sending the bad times as well as the good, Job 2:10.  Does that mean that there was no accuser?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Kerwin said;

Job does not state his opressor is either human or diabolical but rather credits God with sending the bad times as well as the good, Job 2:10.  Does that mean that there was no accuser?

Kerwin,

I don't understand why you would ask, “Does that mean there was no accuser”? I have been saying that there was indeed an accuser but he was human. God granted him the power to afflict Job.

The accuser could not have been satan himself because he and his angels were bound in chains:

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter 2:4

and,

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Jude 6

Revelation 20 explicitly says that the “ANCIENT” serpent was bound. This is how we know that the vision took John all the way back to the garden when it all started. They were in the “little season” at the time of the writing of the book of Revelation. Then Jesus returned in ad70 and satan was cast into the lake of fire. Consequently we entered into the eternal new covenant age (the new earth).

Explain why we have no biblical record of demon possession in the old testament period. Explain why we do not see satan reeking havoc from the time of the curse of the serpent until the time of Jesus' first appearance.

See the thread I started, “We are in the new earth.” I will call it up for your perusal.

Kangaroo Jack

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Standing on your own foundation and demanding explanations of how you could be wrong is an unwise approach.
    seek truth.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2010,05:16)
    Hi KJ,
    Standing on your own foundation and demanding explanations of how you could be wrong is an unwise approach.
    seek truth.

Nick,

Why did Paul tell the saints at Rome that God would crush satan under THEIR feet “SHORTLY.” Rom. 16:20

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    It has been happening ever since.
    Are you not involved?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2010,07:36)
    Hi KJ,
    It has been happening ever since.
    Are you not involved?

Yours and my feet are not part of it Nick. Paul told the saints at Rome that satan woud be crushed under THEIR feet. We belong to the generations of God's people that are the beneficiaries of satan's defeat.

Where are yours and my feet mentioned Nick?

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Are you not one with the brothers of Christ?
    Do these teachings only apply to others?

I see your problem

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2010,07:45)
    Hi KJ,
    Are you not one with the brothers of Christ?
    Do these teachings only apply to others?

I see your problem

So when Jesus told the church at Smyrna that satan would cast some of them into prison and that they would have tribulation for ten days I should infer that I am included because I am one with my brothers?

Paul told the saints at Rome that satan would be crushed undet THEIR feet “SHORTLY.” The only other saints that could be included would be those who lived at that time.

Shortly means shortly.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You really are troubled by context are you not.
    Does the warning apply to your ways? Then take it on board.

Satan is crushed under the feet of Christians now and at the time of Paul.

I am surprised that you have not understood this but if you cannot see the kingdom have you been born again?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2010,08:05)
    Hi KJ,
    You really are troubled by context are you not.
    Does the warning apply to your ways? Then take it on board.

Satan is crushed under the feet of Christians now and at the time of Paul.

I am surprised that you have not understood this but if you cannot see the kingdom have you been born again?

Nick,

Where does the scripture say that satan is crushed under the feet of Christians NOW? Paul said to THEM that it would happen SHORTLY.

How do you infer an on going crushing of satan that extends for 2,000 years and counting?

Again, does the warning that satan would put some of the saints at Smyrna in prison apply to me?

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio KJ,
    O you think it means there will be an event in their lifetime?
    No scripture is alive and for all generations.

Listen to the teachings given to those at Smyrna but first seek the kingdom as those outside it who have refused the gospel perish[Jn3].Not all are tested as severely as those at Smyrna who were rich in God. We in Christ pray against hard testing.[Mt6]

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

No scripture is alive and for all generations.

Do you offer animal sacrifices Nick? You should because you say that “scripture is alive for all generations.”

Your canned answers cannot be taken seriously. Those who went before us crushed satan for us.

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

Hi KJ,
    The same abilities Satan showed in Job are still apparent even if you are blind to them.

The ancient serpent was bound for thousands of years Nick. There is no way he was loosed by job's time. The word 'satan' in our English translation is erroneous. The Hebrew 'sawtawn' often means “accuser.” It was a human accuser who afflicted Job.

Show from the old testament where an angel had loosed the serpent's chains.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KJ,
    Was he ?
    Or will he be??

By your dogmas maybe but they are not truth are they?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 15 2010,10:32)
    hi KJ,
    Was he ?
    Or will he be??

By your dogmas maybe but they are not truth are they?

It says that the ANCIENT serpent was bound. This links the binding of satan to time of the garden. Furthermore, Jesus said that satan's judgment was NOW. Does this not put the binding in the past? The chronological order of events is this: binding, loosing, judgment, punishment. If the judgment was NOW, then the binding was past, the loosing was near its end, and the punishment was near to come.

Logic 101 Nick. Satan is in the lake of fire!

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Logic continues to fail you.
    The prophecies of Revelation are not yet fulfilled.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2010,10:09)
    Hi KJ,
    Logic continues to fail you.
    The prophecies of Revelation are not yet fulfilled.

Hmmmm…. The opening remarks in the Revelation say it contains the things which will come to pass “SHORTLY” (1:3).

Please answer the chronology: binding, loosing, judgment, punishment. Jesus said that the judgment of satan is NOW. So the binding was past, the end of the loosing was near and the punishment shortly thereafter.

Logic 101 Nick.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You look at scripture with worldly eyes and wonder why you cannot align things?
    So you have to speculate and imagine realities intellectually.
    Satan's hold was loosened at the coming of the king.

Join the kingdom and begin to crush him under your feet too.
    If you are not with us you are against us.
    No prizes for being clever.

But there are for those servants joining the battle against the principalities and powers on high.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account