Salvation and Christian Theology

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,14:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:02)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “In the NT, if they have died a natural death, that is God did not kill them, then they have not been judged.”

Where does this come from?
    If you die then all is forgiven??

Sounds like the JW nonsense

Nick, your dogma is constricting. Do you sleep at least 3 hours each night?

Hi KJ,
    Servants are restricted to the instructions of their Master.

License is for those who do not know God.

Service is freedom.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:12)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,14:09)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:01)
    Hi KJ,
    So faith in the sacred scriptures is superstition?
    Sounds like another shipwreck

1tim1
    18This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight,

19keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.

In your rather narrow-minded view perhaps. But God is God of all, and does not have such a narrow mind. If He did, then He made a mistake by giving us intelligence.

Hi KJ,
    Do you think it is intelligent to refuse to follow Jesus?

There were many more works written about Jesus outside of the accepted canon of scripture. How can you be certain you are truly following the real Jesus?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:15)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,14:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:02)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “In the NT, if they have died a natural death, that is God did not kill them, then they have not been judged.”

Nick, your dogma is constricting. Do you sleep at least 3 hours each night?

Hi KJ,
    Servants are restricted to the instructions of their Master.

License is for those who do not know God.

Service is freedom.

Is it? I see very little joy or freedom in 99% of your posts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Does it matter if we do not have all the information now?
    You seem to suffer uncertainty about everything
    It is harder to be show your joy when
    stones are being thrown.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,14:14)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2008,21:11)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,13:54)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2008,20:50)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,13:02)
    I believe much the same way, except I don't believe that God will raise up some only to kill them again. Rather, once they die, they stay that way. This life is it for them. Anyone who thinks God will raise people up only to pronounce them guilty and cast them in a lake of fire sees God as a cruel vengeful dictator who relishes torment.

Hi KJ:

In the NT, if they have died a natural death, that is God did not kill them, then they have not been judged.

If you break the law in society, then you are punished according to the crime committed.

If we have broken God's Law, we will be judged according to the crime or crimes committed.

For a Christian, the verdict is not guilty.

Shake off your theology for a minute. Now think, does that sound remotely equitable to you? It gives the average Christian the leeway to behave as he wishes because his sins are covered. I would much rather not think of Jesus covering all and then going on to live as I wish as opposed to looking at the needs of my fellow man and concerning myself with the betterment of those around me.

Hi Kj:

What are you calling “an average Christian”.

The following verse describes a Christian:

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born F2 of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

A Christian is someone who has been born again and who is stiving to obey the commandments that have come to humanity from God through Jesus.  When a Christian commits sin, he is to repent and ask for forgiveness, and then continue to strive to obey.  In other words, Christians do make mistakes, but when they do they have to repent in order to be forgiven.

Just curious, but how do you know when you have “sinned”? I want to know how YOU know, in your heart.

Hi KJ:

The Spirit of God convicts you by the Word that you have in your heart. For example, the Word of God states that if I look at a woman to lust after her flesh, I have committed adultery in my heart.

The Spirit of God has taught me that this is a sin. If I do this contrary to God's, I feel burden of guilt upon my soul.

Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,14:02)
    Hi 94,
    You say

Hi Nick:

What you are saying is nonsense, because I did not say: “If you, die all is forgiven”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    If you have been judged do you still face the general judgement after resurrection?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,14:47)
    Hi 94,
    If you have been judged do you still face the general judgement after resurrection?

Hi Nick:

Are you talking about me personally? Or are you talking about a Christian or are you talking about an unbeliever?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,21:22)
    Hi KJ,
    Does it matter if we do not have all the information now?
    You seem to suffer uncertainty about everything
    It is harder to be show your joy when
    stones are being thrown.

Or rather it is harder to show joy when you offer only one way that restricts men to believe in only one way when that way may not match what they have known all of their lives.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2008,21:41)
    Hi KJ:

The Spirit of God convicts you by the Word that you have in your heart. For example, the Word of God states that if I look at a woman to lust after her flesh, I have committed adultery in my heart.

The Spirit of God has taught me that this is a sin. If I do this contrary to God's, I feel burden of guilt upon my soul.

Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Without lust, there is no desire. Without desire, intimacy becomes of little value. Without intimacy, reproduction becomes a chore of monotony.

The Catholic priest class shows you what happens when you try to restrict desire. Choir boys will forever be scarred. Is that a better alternative?

God said to multiply not restrict.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,07:12)
    Hi H,
    Stu is a gentleman pickpocket who will rob the faith of those who are new and unaware of his motives.
    His own bitterness and hopelessness is disguised in worldly charm as he steals your treasures.
    Appealing to intellectual vanity he decries and despises the simplicity of faith.
    He offers nothing good so do not listen to his mocking hatred.
    It is God he wants to punish with you as his trophy.

As you have nothing to steal, how can I be guilty of theft?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,11:41)
    Hi Stu:

As the Lord has said, “shake the dust of your feet”.  There will be no more of my “breath” wasted on you.  

The truth will be made manifest.

Would you consider me conceited to say it's your loss? I say that on behalf of every person you choose to snub (for the most asinine of reasons).

Stuart

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,10:37)

Hi KJ:

The Spirit of God convicts you by the Word that you have in your heart.  For example, the Word of God states that if I look at a woman to lust after her flesh, I have committed adultery in my heart.

The Spirit of God has taught me that this is a sin.  If I do this contrary to God's, I feel burden of guilt upon my soul.

Without lust, there is no desire. Without desire, intimacy becomes of little value. Without intimacy, reproduction becomes a chore of monotony.

The Catholic priest class shows you what happens when you try to restrict desire. Choir boys will forever be scarred. Is that a better alternative?

kejonn,
    Are you advocating that we multiply the lust in our lives??

I believe that lust as defined in the Bible is self-indulgent sexual desire, thoughts of only your satisfaction, with no regard for the other or it's consequences. This conflicts with basic christian principles of giving preference to others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,14:47)
    Hi 94,

Sorry 94 but I have no idea what you meant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KKJ,
    You said
    “Without lust, there is no desire”

But James said something a little different

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 19 2008,02:32)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,10:37)

Hi KJ:

kejonn,
    Are you advocating that we multiply the lust in our lives??

I believe that lust as defined in the Bible is self-indulgent sexual desire, thoughts of only your satisfaction, with no regard for the other or it's consequences. This conflicts with basic christian principles of giving preference to others.

No I am not advocating lust, but sadly throughout the years, Christian married couples thought that sexual relations were for procreation only. Many still do. Do you think that it was Satan who gave us the ability to have desire and experience certain sensations? It is God who made us as we are.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,03:11)
    Hi KKJ,
    You said
    “Without lust, there is no desire”

But James said something a little different

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

I imagine you believe that God enjoys unthinking servitude.

Cato
    Participant

When I started this thread I wanted to raise the point that what is commonly taught as the dispensation of human souls seemed flawed to say the least.  I gave my reasons, and it seems that no one can defend this system other then to say it is according to their view of scripture.  If such scripture is correct then the vast majority of souls are doomed eternally, and the circumstances of our birth weigh heavily in predicting the outcome.

As for the anti-Stuart entries, give it a break, they are often off topic and if he annoys some of you that much don't answer him, it only prolongs what you don't like.  I don't agree with Stuart's disbelief in God, but he often makes many good points and I do not feel threatened nor offended by his posts.  Those of you that do, need to develop a little more tolerance.

kejonn
    Participant

Cato,
    I can see why there are many sites out there that are closed to non-Christians. I think this one should be, and that they should define “Christian” too. It is the only way that many on here will not be offended.

People need to understand that the WWW is not your local Baptist Church where you can gather to pat each other on the back and agree how right your belief is over the others out there, while dooming those people to hell. If your faith cannot stand up to scrutiny, perhaps your faith is not very strong?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 12 2008,06:02)
    With such sublime beauty, grace and order marking creation, I can not conceive the architect of same creating such a chaotic way of dispensing salvation and damnation.

Well said, Cato.

I wonder what God thinks of the written Word?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account