Salvation and Christian Theology

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Cato
    Participant

Nick,
    Do you think what is portrayed as God's plan is fair, especially considering the ultimate ends awaiting our short and vastly different lives?  I know you think it is God's, but can you comment on the plan itself.  Have you no pity for those poor souls born in the dominion of Islam where their chances of being “born again” are almost nil compared to others born in areas where this is the more the norm?  Does God play lottery with souls before they are created and sent to earth or does he have favorites that he bestows greater advantages to (not material but in the chances of meeting the salvation criteria)?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2008,00:53)
    Hi KJ,
    Belief in the bible is what we offer. A foundation for faith.
    It is what the Lord wants.
    Lk6

46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

But I know of many people who say they believe in the bible as much as you but come up with a different set of beliefs based on it. Which of you is right since you all believe you are following the same scripture?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 19 2008,05:38)
    Nick,
    Do you think what is portrayed as God's plan is fair, especially considering the ultimate ends awaiting our short and vastly different lives? I know you think it is God's, but can you comment on the plan itself. Have you no pity for those poor souls born in the dominion of Islam where their chances of being “born again” are almost nil compared to others born in areas where this is the more the norm? Does God play lottery with souls before they are created and sent to earth or does he have favorites that he bestows greater advantages to (not material but in the chances of meeting the salvation criteria)?

Cato,

You should know by now you won't get a straight answer from Nick. Here, I'll give you his answer:

“Hi Cato,
    Should we question God's plan?
    It is better to follow what is written”

Cato
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 20 2008,00:25)

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 19 2008,05:38)
    Nick,
    Do you think what is portrayed as God's plan is fair, especially considering the ultimate ends awaiting our short and vastly different lives?  I know you think it is God's, but can you comment on the plan itself.  Have you no pity for those poor souls born in the dominion of Islam where their chances of being “born again” are almost nil compared to others born in areas where this is the more the norm?  Does God play lottery with souls before they are created and sent to earth or does he have favorites that he bestows greater advantages to (not material but in the chances of meeting the salvation criteria)?

Cato,

You should know by now you won't get a straight answer from Nick. Here, I'll give you his answer:

“Hi Cato,
    Should we question God's plan?
    It is better to follow what is written”

Kejonn,

Based on every answer he gives or perhaps more correctly, avoids whenever coming to a logical impasse, or needing of a personal opinion outside of scripture, you are probably right.  The question; is this avoidance based on zealous dedication to an ideal or fear that the basis of such dedication (scripture) may be proved fallacious.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Why wander down dead end roads?
    time is short.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,06:37)
    Hi cato,
    time is short.

Is it more important to come to a conclusion and live by it than to continue to seek truth no matter how long it takes?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    The pursuit of truth alone can be a useless task as the quarry is elusive.
    You only need kid's stuff to decide your fate.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,06:57)
    Hi Stu,
    The pursuit of truth alone can be a useless task as the quarry is elusive.
    You only need kid's stuff to decide your fate.

If you only have a kid's capacity for abstract thought, then I suppose you would be doing well.

The kind of truth you present is elusive. Exactly the same is true of astrologers and psychics, for the same reasons too.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Who needs abstract thought when the simple truth is plain?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 19 2008,13:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,06:37)
    Hi cato,
    time is short.

Is it more important to come to a conclusion and live by it than to continue to seek truth no matter how long it takes?

Stuart

Yes, suicide bombers have come to the final conclusion that they were meant to strap a bomb to themselves and kill infidels. Close mindedness can be destructive.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Doubt says always leave the back door open in case of error?
    Trust God and His words.

kejonn
    Participant

The record is stuck in the groove. Time to upgrade to CD Nick.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2008,16:13)
    Hi KJ,
    Trust God and His words.

I wonder if suicide bombers have doubts…

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 20 2008,10:31)

nick wrote:

Hi KJ,

I wonder if suicide bombers have doubts…

Not for long.

Tim

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,09:13)
    Hi KJ,
    Trust God and His words.

Trust is based on a relationship. Unless you can see (or hear or take pictures of) god then you only have trust's blind and feeble cousin faith.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Sorry but you have to come to your senses in your private pigsty first and start walking.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,18:23)
    Hi Stu,
    Sorry but you have to come to your senses in your private pigsty first and start walking.

Meaning what exactly?

Or is that a pointless question?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Lk15
    14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2008,18:55)
    Hi Stu,
    Lk15
    14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Do you just select random passages when you don't have an answer?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    I guess you have reasons for preferring the company of the pigs
    but Your Dad has never given up the hope that you may return.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account