Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

4Thomas.

There was no Jesus mentioned in the OT.
    Just Jehovah.
    Jesus was only mentioned in the NT.

wakeup.

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 11 2014,16:45)
    4Thomas.

There was no Jesus mentioned in the OT.
    Just Jehovah.
    Jesus was only mentioned in the NT.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Yes Jesus name is not mentioned because Jesus was called Jehovah in the Old testament, this is seen time and time again. Re-read the post I gave you regarding this.

This is why Jesus said for the sake of OUR salvation that no-one has ever seen God the Father or his form at anytime. He also said that Moses wrote about him [Jesus]. Moses did indeed see the form of Jehovah and seen him face to face as a man speaks to his friend. We both know they didn't have telephones in those days. There are SO MANY examples in scripture that EXPLICITLY say THAT it was Jehovah the ALMIGHTY that was seen.

The Son is NOT the Father, he always comes in the Fathers name and is OF and FROM the Fathers substance but he is NOT the Father. The Son is the testimony of the greatness and Almighty glory of the Father. If you want to understand the Father look at his most beautiful and Almighty Son – who the Father has eternally expressed/generated/begotten. As Hebrews and the Gospel of John proclaim the Son is the Radiance of the Glory of God the Father, the Son is **THE** one and only begotten God, full of grace and truth. Light from light true God from true God, begotten not made FROM and OF one substance from and of his true Father.

Jesus is THE Son of God and always has been. Praise and glory be to his name, the name we are saved in and the highest name in heaven and earth. I will Worship him and love him with all my heart soul and mind, he is my savior and his very own hands created the Heavens where I seek to live with him and his arch angels and angels in paradise.

Daniel

Wakeup
    Participant

4Thomas.

You speak in riddles:

Yes Jesus name is not mentioned because Jesus was called Jehovah in the Old testament, this is seen time and time again. Re-read the post I gave you regarding this.

Jesus was not flesh/man in the beginning.
    Because; the WORD was with God.
    Not The SON was with God.
    In the beginning was not Jesus,but The WORD.

God has no BEGINNING;yet John said; IN THE BEGINNING.

Can you elaborate on that?

wakeup.

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 13 2014,13:28)
    4Thomas.

You speak in riddles:

Jesus was not flesh/man in the beginning.
    Because; the WORD was with God.
    Not The SON was with God.
    In the beginning was not Jesus,but The WORD.

God has no BEGINNING;yet John said; IN THE BEGINNING.

Can you elaborate on that?

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,
    Sorry just seen your post. The beginning is the beginning, it doesn't need to be explained, nothing was MADE that HAD ALREADY been made. The Word, who is the Son always existed, the Father was never without his Word of the testimony of his expressed Glory and Fatherhood.

John 1:3
    New International Version
    Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

New Living Translation
    God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

English Standard Version
    All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God sent his **Son** into the World, and the **Word** BECAME FLESH.

The Word = The Son

PLEASE REFUTE these scriptures.

1 John 4:9
    This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus is THE one and only Son of God, he is also the Word, the truth and the Life.

John 20:28
    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

The Father is perfect Spirit, the *Word* the *expressed* radiance of the Father begotten/expressed glory is THE Son.

Are you serious that you don't think it was *the* Son seen in the Old Testament as Jehovah????

Wakeup Jehovah wasn't speaking in dreams when he spoke to Moses, this is no riddle –

PLEASE refute these scriptures, Do you *believe is was THE Father who came to earth ALL these times and was seen and appeared to Moses etc etc etc….

Numbers 12:5-9

5Then the Lord [Yahweh] came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, 6he said,“Listen to my words: When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord [Yahweh], reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams. 7But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. 8With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord [Yahweh].

OK, so God says that there has been times when he has appeared to prophets in visions and dreams [e.g pillar of cloud above] BUT this is not true with his servant Moses, with him I speak face to face [mouth to mouth], he sees my ***FORM***
    The Sons revelation for the sake of our salvation was about his Father and that very fact that no one has seen him and no one has seen the Fathers ***FORM***

John 5:37 & 5:4637And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard,his form you have never seen,
    For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.

Moses wrote the first 5 books of the bible ( known as the Torah, the Law)  Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Genesis was from memorized oral tradition that was handed down and most probably explained in detail when Moses spent 40 days/nights with the Lord [Yahweh].

Here are just some of Moses writings that reveal what Jesus was saying for the sake of our salvation, that no one has seen the Father or seen his form .

Deuteronomy 34:10
    Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD [Yahweh] knew face to face,

Exodus 33:11
    The LORD [Yahweh] would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

Exodus 6:3
    2God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord [Yahweh]. 3I appearedto Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the Lord [Yahweh] I did not make myself fully known to them. 4I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they resided as foreigners.

Moses indeed wrote about Jesus a
    nd revealed that, God appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
    as God Almighty.
    This makes John 1:18 when it explicitly states, No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God, we know the Father was never begotten to earth but instead it was the Father who sent his Son. God from God, light from light, true God from true God. The active testimony of the Fathers Almighty glory and power.  

Genesis 17:1
    When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD [Yahweh] appeared to him and said, “I am GodAlmighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.

John 8:56
    56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”57“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”58“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Genesis 26:24
    That night the LORD [Yahewh] appearedto him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”

Genesis 26:2
    The LORD [Yahweh] appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live.

Genesis 35:9-11
    After Jacob returned from Paddan Aram, God appearedto him again and blessed him. 10God said to him, “Your name is Jacob, but you will no longer be called Jacob; your name will be Israel. ” So he named him Israel.11And God [Yahweh] said to him, “I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will be among your descendants.

Genesis 48:3
    Jacob said to Joseph, “God [Yahweh] Almightyappeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there he blessed me

Why did Jesus speak CLEARLY for the sake of peoples salvation say that no one has ever seen the Father form. Scripture explain why, it because no one has access to the Father except through the one and only Son.

John 14:8
    6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    7If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

9Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Life in THE Son and in his Name
    Daniel

journey42
    Participant

Hi 4Thomas

This is how I can explain it.

The Word was always with God.
    In the OT, it was always God's Word speaking.
    God controls his Word,
    So it is God speaking.

The Word was made a separate being, still connected to God,
    but it was there “beside him”.  So there are two now.
    God and his Word.

The Word was then made “flesh”
    that same Word.
    and this is how the “Word” suddenly becomes a new creation.
    It is now God's only begotten Son,
    from Spirit to flesh.
    A new creature.  Born of Woman.  This has never happened before.
    A transformation.
    From the highest material (spirit) to the lowest (flesh)

Before the birth of his Son,
    there was no Jesus, because he was not born yet as a man,
    but he always existed as the Word before that,
    and not the Son.
    You did not exist before you were born,
    but Christ did,
    but in another form,
    as spirit – The Word of God.

The Word became “flesh”
    The Word became “Jesus”
    for the Word was always there first.
    Jesus was always there, yes, but not as Jesus, the man we know,
    but before his tranformation, he was there as the Word.
    So Jesus' account is true,
    he was really there from the beginning,
    but as “The Word of God”

And when Jesus say's “I am”
    it is the “Word speaking”,
    who was always with God,
    which God spoke through.

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Mar. 18 2014,13:43)
    Hi 4Thomas

This is how I can explain it.

The Word was always with God.
    In the OT, it was always God's Word speaking.
    God controls his Word,
    So it is God speaking.

The Word was made a separate being, still connected to God,
    but it was there “beside him”.  So there are two now.
    God and his Word.

The Word was then made “flesh”
    that same Word.
    and this is how the “Word” suddenly becomes a new creation.
    It is now God's only begotten Son,
    from Spirit to flesh.
    A new creature.  Born of Woman.  This has never happened before.
    A transformation.
    From the highest material (spirit) to the lowest (flesh)

Before the birth of his Son,
    there was no Jesus, because he was not born yet as a man,
    but he always existed as the Word before that,
    and not the Son.
    You did not exist before you were born,
    but Christ did,
    but in another form,
    as spirit – The Word of God.

The Word became “flesh”
    The Word became “Jesus”
    for the Word was always there first.
    Jesus was always there, yes, but not as Jesus, the man we know,
    but before his tranformation, he was there as the Word.
    So Jesus' account is true,
    he was really there from the beginning,
    but as “The Word of God”

And when Jesus say's “I am”
    it is the “Word speaking”,
    who was always with God,
    which God spoke through.

Thanks Journey42,

I believe that God sent his one and only Son into the World. EG *The* Son is the Son eternally, because he is the radiance of the Fathers glory. [the only begotten God John 1:18]

I believe the Son is the eternal expression of the Fathers eternal fatherhood and eternal Almighty power and Glory – because you cant have a Father of NOTHING especially an Almighty Father of NOTHING.

The one and only Son of God became the Son of man so that his Father could become our Father. The Son entered his own creation and made his own Father his God so that God could become our Father.

What grace and what a gift, praise and glory be to his name forever

Daniel

journey42
    Participant

Absolutely 4Thomas

What a gift!  I love your zeal.
    God bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God sent His Son into the world.
    Likewise Jesus sent his brothers into the world. [jn 17.18]

But they were already in the world

Their sonship like his was by anointing with the Spirit.

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2014,15:01)
    Hi,
    God sent His Son into the world.
    Likewise Jesus sent his brothers into the world. [jn 17.18]

But they were already in the world

Their sonship like his was by anointing with the Spirit.

Hi Nick,

Also consider the laying on of hands..

Acts 8
    15When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 16because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

18When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

The Son of God [God by nature] become the Son of Man – our Brother.

John 1:18
    New Living Translation
    No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.

English Standard Version
    No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

New American Standard Bible
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

The Word [God the Son] *the* only begotten God was already Lord and God before his baptism, he was NOT baptised for *his* sake BUT instead he was baptized for our sake to show us the way. John seen him as the lamb of God before his baptism and John knew that his baptism of Jesus -know as the baptism of John was nothing compared to that which Jesus would baptize with.

Even John the baptist jumped in his mothers womb when he felt the Lord of Glory in Mary pass close by.

Luke 1:43
    English Standard Version
    And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Indeed the Word, who is the Son became flesh and our Brother for our sake. He entered his own creation making his very own Father his God as he was also the Son of Man.

Do you believe Jesus has two natures or do you just believe Jesus is a man alone?

Importantly do you Love Jesus with all your heart soul and mind? or just as your brother and neighbor?

John 14:21
    English Standard Version
    Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

Life in the Son and in his name – if you haven't already please accept him as your true lord and love him with all your heart soul and mind. He will never forsake those who truly love him.
    Daniel

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Mar. 19 2014,14:37)
    Absolutely 4Thomas

What a gift!  I love your zeal.
    God bless.

Praise him and to him be the glory forever!

Blessings to you in the beautiful name of Jesus
    Daniel

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4T,
    Where does scripture say ACCEPTING JESUS AS YOUR LORD saves you?
    Another false gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4T,
    For you are there several GODS?
    For US there is one God[1cor8]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4T,
    The sons of God are LED BY the Spirit of God[rom8]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4t,
    Jesus Christ IS Lord of all.
    acts 10.36

Intellectual acceptance of this fact changes nothing

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2014,16:10)
    Hi 4T,
    Another false gospel.

Hi Nick,

Not a false gospel but to understand if you have the Holy Spirit and what foundation you are built on.

1 Corinthians 12:3
    Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Do you belong to Jesus, is he your Lord????
    Can you be saved without Jesus, the Lord… Do you have another Jesus who is a man alone???? Do you have access to the Father without the Son. YOU need the Holy Spirit to confess that Jesus is Lord and you need to accept the real Jesus to be saved —–Unless you believe you can be saved without the true Jesus.

You didn't answer my question, what is Jesus to you.

Please answer is Jesus a man alone???

Ephesians 4
    4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There is
    One God  > The Father
    One Lord > The Son
    One Spirit > The Holy Spirit
    One Body > The man Jesus [human nature]

1 Corinthians 8
    6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

NOTE the part…
    and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

As soon as you use *scripture* to say that only the Father is God you then accept the exact same *content* that Only the Son **is** Lord.

So *is* The Father NOT true Lord Y/N

God is *one*. And the one and only Son is FROM and OF the Fathers *one* nature. This is why the Father and Son are *one*.

Its was the Lord God that form man out of the dust of the earth.

If you can answer these question please at least answer

What is Jesus.
    1: A man alone
    2: what do you believe – what foundation are you built on?

Life in the Son and in his name
    Daniel

4Thomas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2014,16:41)
    Hi 4t,
    Jesus Christ IS Lord of all.
    acts 10.36

Intellectual acceptance of this fact changes nothing

Personal acceptance of him as your Lord does.
    Otherwise you could have another Jesus.

John 1:12
    Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God–

Jesus wants our Love not our words and scripture is clear it is those whom Love him that will be saved and receive the crown!
    Jesus is THE Lord of Lords, he is not **A** Lord.
    Jesus is the Lord of Glory, the only Begotten God.

I believe in eternal generation which glorifies the Father for beginning eternally Almighty and eternally Father of the expressed/generated/begotten God who is THE Word, the Radiance of the Glory of God.

Note the words.. THE Son ***IS***

Hebrews 1:3
    The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.  

The Son is NOT another Father because the Son is NOT the Father, instead the Son is the radiance of the expressed Glory of the Father.

Indeed the Father is THE Almighty Father and his Son is the testomony of that truth.

When you see the Son you see the Father, because the Son is the expressed image of the Father.

Life in the Son and in his name
    Daniel

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4t,
    Yes it is certainly a very popular false gospel.
    But nothing has changed since peter's words at Pentecost.

The teachings of men are powerfully seductive

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4t,
    Was anyone in Acts who accepted the gospel truth and repented not baptised in water and the Spirit?

“Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do as I say?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 4t,
    ” the RIGHT TO BECOME children of God”
    They are not yet children of God

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2014,16:10)
    Hi 4T,
    Another false gospel.

Nick

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.
    We all know, we have to accept Jesus as our Lord and saviour,
    else we cannot get saved.
    We all know that is the “FIRST STEP”
    The second is to repent,
    and learn of him,
    be Christ like,
    then get off the milk,
    and on to solid food.

Get out of muddy waters.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account