Repetitious Prayer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jhenTux
    Participant

Do we need to repeat our prayer like when praying the rosary?

IM4Truth
    Participant

No way. We pray from our Heart. No repetition. I always start with addressing our Heavenly Father” God of the Universe I come to your Throne through your Son Jesus Christ and thank you very much for everything you have bestowed upon us. I thank you for something personal that He has done for me and then I go into praying for others or my portion I have for myself. Never repeat and repeat. You might do that with a song, but never how we used to do a Rosary, and especially not to Maria.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Mat 6:7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 23 2007,09:00)
    Mat 6:7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Wait aren't most Christians Gentiles?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Remember we used to call the Priest's in the Catholic Church Father, are you not glad we are out of that system and know our living Savior Jesus Christ. I am really happy about the fact that those that belief in Jesus are united in the Spirit of God. God's Holy Spirit combines us to Jesus and our Heavenly Father. I wonder sometimes if it is right for our children to call their Father by that name. Pa would be so much better. Or Papa. Our small grandson calls us Pa and Ma, which I find rather cute. I have a sign on my Bedroom Door with a big Mama and My Husbands Bedroom has Papa on it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account