Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

1Cor.15:22-28

22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
    25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
    26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
    27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
    28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    One little problem with the idea
    ALL are not in Christ.

You must be reborn from above.
    You must be clothed with Christ in baptism [Gal].

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.

All WILL be in Christ, see 1Cor.15:25-28.For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
    26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
    27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
    28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

We can't argue against scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed all whom Paul writes to will be in Christ Jesus.
    But Paul writes to those who are saints in Christ.

No scripture says all men will be in Christ.
    But one does say all men must repent.

chosenone
    Participant

God will be All in all. In this context (1cor.15), All means All. Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    And who are the ALL remaining at the end of the Millenium?
    Not all men who were created.
    Not all men.

chosenone
    Participant

So what if an unsaved man reads Pauls epistles, is this forbidden? How is a unsaved man going to be saved if he can't read Pauls scripture?
    You err greatly in assuming Pauls epistles are only for the saved.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    No harm.
    They should as they may see wisdom.
    Then they should repent and be reborn into Christ of water and the Spirit.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick,
    Where is it written that Pauls epistles are not for the unsaved?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    There are no scriptures that say the words of Paul are not for Stalin or Saddam Hussein.

chosenone
    Participant

So then the scriptures are for all!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So if you do not find anything written that is a sure sign it is OK?
    Lots of things are not written and we should not make such assumptions.
    Why would you feed pearls to swine who will only trample them into the dust?

Matthew 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    As far as I know, nothing I have posted is unscripturel. If you can find a post that I posted that you think is unscripurel, please point it out to me and I will apolagise. If not, I will accept your apolagy.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 31 2008,15:03)
    So then the scriptures are for all!

Hi CO,
    You have taken many scriptures out of context applying the pearls to the swine in support of a presumptuous doctrine of universal salvation.
    What you say here too is not written is it?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Again, you accuse without producing any of my posts that say what you imply. Shame on you. I'll accept your apology.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You can dump all the shame you like but it would be wiser to correctly cut the word of truth
    and not throw what is holy to the dogs.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick,
    Again, you accuse but cannot show any of my posts to prove your accusations. “Thou shall not bear false witness”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Anyone got a mirror?

Nick This is what Paul said
    Romans 10:13 For who soever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Paul said nothing about Baptizing, but He goes on in
    Verse 14 how then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

And this is what Peter had to say regarding the Millenium.
    Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Peter too said nothing about Baptizing, the Millenium is all about hearing that prophet Jesus Christ, and obeying the word of God.

As Peter said that anyone that refuses to listen will end up in the lake of fire.

Baptism is for our age an outward sign for our Faith in Jesus Christ.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    Sorry but Peter compared the outpouring of God's Spirit at Pentecost with that of another era, the outpouring of the Spirit on all flesh in the millenial time as shown in Joel.

Jl2
    23Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

24And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

25And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

26And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

If you would listen to Peter then hear him at Pentecost.

Acts 2
    37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Paul wrote to the SAVED in Romans.
    So chapter 10 is not about how to be saved but how to work out that salvation.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account