Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the context is:
    1Cor1
    '1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

3Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Amen.
    Grace to the saints in Christ.
    All sinners are not in Christ though or he would be a man of sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the context is:
    1Cor1
    '1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

3Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Amen.
    Grace to the saints in Christ.
    All sinners are not in Christ though or he would be a man of sin.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    What did Christ die for? Was it not for the sins of ALL mankind? God sees our sin no more, we have been justified by the death and resurrection of His son. What more can feeble man do? “Repent, baptize, fast, etc.”? Oh how we trample on this deed, just so we can claim how “WE…did.. it”. Shame.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Yup all paid for.
    Just need to be personally applied in faith.
    You must be born again following him into his death and resurection.

First context
    Rom1
    3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Rom5
    1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom6
    3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

chosenone
    Participant

Just as it says, nothing of you can make a difference, its all been done by Him.

Blessings.

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 29 2008,12:32)
    Just as it says, nothing of you can make a difference, its all been done by Him.

Blessings.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

verse 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast,

vese 10 For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You are right.
    For those who are saved there is nothing to boast about.
    But scripture never says that God extends his merciful salvation to all and we should not presume so.

Nick There is a song according I assume from Scripture that goes like this;
    Gos so loved the world, God so loved the world,
    That He gave His only begotten Son,
    that soever believeth, believeth in Him,
    will not perish, will not perish,
    but have everlasting live.
    God did not send His Son into the world, to condemn the world, but that through Him, we will be
    saved.

Peace and Love Mrs.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2008,18:33)
    Hi CO,
    You are right.
    But scripture never says that God extends his merciful salvation to all and we should not presume so.

Greetings Nick…..I don't think there is any thing presumptous about the ressurection that is promised to all so as to have the opportunity to know God and be judged accordingly it is true that some will not experience death,but all will have an opportunity for salvation and there will be those who choose not to live according to the law…they will die a second death and be cast into the lake of fire and be consumed(not tormented)never to exist again…for eternity

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 30 2008,00:54)

Hi CO,
    You are right.

Greetings Nick…..I don't think there is any thing presumptous about the ressurection that is promised to all so as to have the opportunity to know God and be judged accordingly it is true that some will not experience death,but all will have an opportunity for salvation and there will be those who choose not to live according to the law…they will die a second death and be cast into the lake of fire and be consumed(not tormented)never to exist again…for eternity

With that I agree 100%.
    Mrs.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 30 2008,00:57)

Hi CO,
    You are right.

With that I agree 100%.
    Mrs.

I Thank you….It is so refreshing to be in the company of folks who share the same understanding…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You are right.

Hi TJ,
    There are two resurrections of course.

The first is for the millenial kingdom for those in Christ.
    The second is for judgement.

Nothing is written about these folk having a second chance, to meet and get to know God. They meet the Son of man and are assigned life or death according to their previous deeds in the body.

Samuel
    Participant

I really hate to pull out an Apostolic / Oneness card here…
    I try to keep my beliefs free of any one doctrine…

However, it is written in the bible and since you asked…just as they did. Here you go:

Acts 2:37-38 (King James Version)

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You really can't argue with the word of GOD. Well…you can but, I would not advise it. 😉

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Samuel, You must correctly cut the word of truth IITim 2:15. These words were spoken while Isreal was still under the “Old Covenent”, still under the “law”. We are not now under the Law, but under the covenent of “Grace”.
    In accordance with the burden of his message Peter chooses to bring before them king David and the covenant God made with him, because, if they accept his words, it is this covenant which would be fulfilled. They had crucified Him as the King of Israel. His resurrection proves Him to be the One Whom David foretold. All that remains to be done, should Israel, as a nation, repent, would be the judging of His enemies. This will occur in the judgment era. Here is no hint of, or preparation for, the present interval of undiluted grace, in which God is raising up His enemies, like Saul of Tarsus, to sit with Christ on His celestial throne.
    Repentance and baptism lead to a probationary pardon, which may be withdrawn. This pardon is extended by Christ as the King. Its operation is illustrated by the parable of the ten thousand talent debtor (see Mt.18:27-34) whose debt was remitted, but who refused to remit the smaller sum which his fellow slave owed to him. Hence the remission of his debt was canceled. So it is with Israel in this chronicle. Many of those who, in the beginning, received the pardon of their sins, refused to share their pardon with the other nations, objecting to proselytes like Cornelius, raising a riot on the supposition that an alien has entered the sanctuary, seeking to kill Paul even though he brought alms to Jerusalem. They finally fall away (Heb.6:6, 10:27) where there is no longer any room for repentance, but a fearful prospect of judgment. This pardon, however, is in sharp contrast to our justification, or acquittal, which comes from the Judge on the sole grounds of grace and faith, and from which there can be no fall, as it places us beyond the sphere of judgment. Conciliation (Ro.5:11) is immeasurably beyond any pardon, as it places us in the unclouded favor of God's grace.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Who is this WE you speak of?
    Men are not born under the new covenant.
    They must decide to go through the gate of Jesus.

ALL men are called to repent.

chosenone
    Participant

This “we” are all mankind. We are not under the “Old Covenant” and the “Law”, but under “Grace”.
    For in Grace, through faith (of Jesus Christ Eph.3:13) are you saved. Eph.2:8.
    You say, “all men are called to repent”. Not under the covenent of “Grace”. Jesus died for the sins of “All Mankind”, what do we have to repent of? Surely His sacrifice was suficient! Shall we ignore this event and continue trying to save ourselves by repenting? God forbid!

Blessings

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the new covenant was magically applied to all men.
    Naah.

chosenone
    Participant

Naah, is not scripture, show us in scripture where it says “it does not apply to all men?”

Blessings.

Samuel
    Participant

CONFESSING

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Philipp 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

James 5:16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and [in his] Father's, and of the holy angels.

REPENTANCE

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mark 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

2 Cor 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

2 Cor 12:21 [And] lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and [that] I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Revelation 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Revelation 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Revelation 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Revelation 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

If You'll notice…this is all “New Testament”…the new law.

If there was no need of repentance…why would there be so much “Preaching” about repentance in the bible?…don't answer that, just read the bible.

If you did not have to pray the pray yourself…that means “Opening” your “Mouth”…That is the #1 thing that really pricks my soul…these churches that tell people that if they pray silently in their mind and just “Listen” to the “Preacher” pray for their sins…they will be saved…

HOGWASH! THE BIBLE DOES NOT TEACH THIS ANYWHERE!
    Thats a lie from the pits of hell …a deception from the “Galls” of Satan himself. Thats what he wants you to think.

There is not one scripture that teaches that you do not have to Repent and Confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord…and be baptized.

You have to “Open” your mouth.

GOD himself had to open his mouth to speak everything into existence…what makes you think you don't
    have to open your mouth and confess?

Read the word that GOD has provided you with. Stop listening to washed up hypocrite people that have been defeated by Satan long ago. Save yourself…take back from Satan what he stole from you. Don't let him when…start repenting, praying,and confessing…and get the “Sword” out and quit “Hiding” from Satan…we have no reason to hide from Satan. Go looking for him…and “Stab” him right in the Face with the word of GOD!

AMEN!

This is a bunch of nonsense…Satan is trying to deceive every soul he can get his hands on. The filthy stinking liar!

What do you think all of this is in the bible for?

So that 2000 years later some “Know-it all” self-righteous hypocrite could tell you that it don't mean that…”This is what it really means?” No what it “Really” means is what GOD said it meant…

Repent, confess, and be baptized. Believe, have Faith, and walk in the path of Righteousness. Put on the “Full” armor of GOD, so that you might be able to stand, having done all to stand in that day…this day even. Oh GOD help us.

Put your Faith in GOD…not some raving nut-case thats trying to tell you you came from a monkey. What kind of lie is that? Thats a low down lousy attempt of Satan to try and deceive the people of GOD. He must be running out of plans.

Repent of your sins…what is it going to hurt you to repent of your sins? I repent of mine…Jesus Died a horrible death so that you could…Why do you not wish to repent? Would you have your Saviour to have done all these things for you in vain?

Repent. Yes you have to. I beg of you. Please repent.
    Get the dust off the Bible. And, redeem your poor soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Rev21
    7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
    24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account