Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    Shania
    Participant

Whoa dude- just posted about this in universal salvation.

Shania
    Participant

You know, some may think it's annoying how the topics overlap- that maybe we are going off topic. I think it is beautiful- scripture really just repeats the same message over and over again- that is why the topics overlap- they all point back to the same thing. Repentance, the will of God, walking in the Spirit- it is all about salvation and proclaiming salvation. Pretty cool.

chosenone
    Participant

Let it be our precious privilege to preach Christ crucified to those who know Him not; and to those who know Him, Christ glorified. Let Christ be first and Christ be last and Christ fill all between. Let us not look back and vaunt ourselves with, “I prayed, I repented, I was baptized, and I—,” but let us rather shout with the Apostle “no longer I, but CHRIST!” If I had a hand in my salvation it must needs contain a flaw, for I find failure fills everything I do. But if Christ alone deserves the crown, then all like Him is perfect and immutable. Some who repented fell away (Heb.6:6) and it was impossible to renew them again to repentance. Therefore the apostle exhorts them to leave repentance from dead works (Heb.6:1).
    It is God’s purpose that in all things Christ should have the preeminence and that all fullness should dwell in Him. He is God’s fullness. He is our fullness. Both God and His saints are mutually and completely furnished in Christ (Col.1:19,20; 2:9,10).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You must become one with Christ and his God.
    It is no automatic privilege from natural birth.
    You must repent and be born again.

chosenone
    Participant

“You must be born again”, this was commanded to the nation of Isreal, not us. We are a “new creation”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed we who are in Christ are.
    But all are not in Christ.

Is 1:18
    Participant

NH, are you agreeing WITH co that we (the gentiles) do not need to be born again?!?

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 24 2008,18:02)
    NH, are you agreeing WITH co that we (the gentiles) do not need to be born again?!?

Those that are not born from above will not understand the things of God. So is it for the Gentiles necessary to be born again, if you want to understand which is of God, yes.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Well yes, I understand that seekandyouwillfind. Chosenone was arguing that the verse is only applicable to the Jewish. NH was ostensibly agreeing with him which struck me as very strange. I wanted clarification.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 24 2008,18:02)

Hi Is 1.18,
    No.
    We have discussed it before and so I know where he goes from here.
    For gentiles there never was another way, except the mercy of God.
    Without Christ they had no hope at all.

We should be grateful the Jews were made stubborn for a time so as we could be grafted onto their olive tree.

NICK Don't you think even if the Jewish people were not made stubborn, God would have found a way to graft us in anyway. Since Christ died for all, all have a chance. Unfortunately not all will take that chance and obey.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Cato
    Participant

Doesn't it defy all logic that the Creator of everything, the entire universe, would have a favorite people in the first place?  Out of the entire universe, one planet, out of that planet, one small tribe of people?  If Christ died for all, it begs the question of there being a favorite people in the first place.  It goes back to the OT authors portraying God in man's image, a super human, instead of the Great Unmanifest, Creator.

TimothyVI
    Participant

In comparison to the universe the earth is a sub molecular particle.
    It does defy logic that God would be interested in this miniscule piece of dust, let alone a hand full of
    people belonging to a certain tribe.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 25 2008,02:45)
    Doesn't it defy all logic that the Creator of everything, the entire universe, would have a favorite people in the first place?  Out of the entire universe, one planet, out of that planet, one small tribe of people?  If Christ died for all, it begs the question of there being a favorite people in the first place.  It goes back to the OT authors portraying God in man's image, a super human, instead of the Great Unmanifest, Creator.

Hi cato,
    Begs the question?
    Can we analyse the plan of God?
    Does logic demand certain things of our Creator?

chosenone
    Participant

Gods plan? To be All in all. (1Cor,15:28) Will He fail? Of course not.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All who are not in the lake of fire?
    Indeed.

Samuel
    Participant

King James Version (KJV)

33O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2008,05:21)

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 25 2008,02:45)

Hi cato,
    Begs the question?
    Can we analyse the plan of God?

We certainly can try and get a better understanding so we can place ourselves in alignment with, instead of against it.  What we must realize is that our understanding will always be flawed and limited, yet through prayer, study and meditation we hopefully can get closer to truth then where we are now.

No, but it demands that our views of the Creator should be well formulated and thought out, less we mistake for God what is really illusion, falsehood or oversimplification.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    There is only one true view of the Creator and that is written.
    It is us who have to have our minds enlarged to grasp that view.

Rom12

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Eph4
    17This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20But ye have not so learned Christ;

21If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

chosenone
    Participant

All in all. Read in context of 1Cor.15, means ALL.

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account