Reincarnation vs the truth.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Cato
    Participant

Samuel,

Turn it lose, you were blessed on the day you were born.  I would think having a soul, a mind capable of reason, a heart to love, and a conscience to guide you is somewhat more then nothing.  Putting God first doesn't mean we are then nothing, if so why create us and give us sentience?   Life is both joy and sorrow, it has meaning I hope beyond looking to pass the faith test and being saved from hell/hades/gehenna/tartarus or whatever.  No power, you have plenty, you can pick up a hammer and build something or destroy it, you can write songs, poems and prayers.  You can spread learning or intolerance.  You can love your fellow man or hate him, thoughts have power and ripple through the worlds spreading good or ill.  You want truth about the Almighty go outside at night and gaze at the stars, get a microscope and look into a drop of pond water.  Sir Isaac Newton probably knew as much of God as any prophet, look around you.  You already have a relationship with God open your eyes.  Sinners yes, we all are, and we should strive against our lower natures, yet changing thus is a process not a discrete decision.  You may get forgiveness, but all the baptisms and being born again will in themselves not change you from being a sinner.  I think the way from sin is longer and more involved, and takes more then just belief.  The blood of Christ may wash you, but without fundamentally changing your nature you'll just get dirty again.  But the Almighty I am sure is aware of this and does not give us more then we can handle in the end.  So get up and get to work, why should God bless you if your such a lowly dog?  The answer is you are not, you are a loved child of God.

kejonn
    Participant

*Thumbs up*

Samuel
    Participant

I don't know about you.

But I'm tired of being lied to…the religions of this world have tampered with GODS word ever since Jesus left the world.

When Jesus was here he rebuked every “Religion” on the face of the earth!

What makes you think that if everyone was wrong then…they won't be wrong when he comes back?

I WANT THE GOSPEL TRUTH! I'M NOT GOING INTO THE DARK QUIETLY! I'M NOT GIVING UP WITH OUT A FIGHT! I WANT THE TRUTH!

I'm not going to shut up…I'm not going to quit seeking GOD…I'm not going to be deceived or lied to any longer!

I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES! I'M GOING TO GET THE TRUTH!
    The TRUTH!

That Satan does not want anyone to have…because if they find it…HE HAS LOST THE FIGHT AGAINST YOU!

Once you get the truth …HE CAN'T TOUCH YOU!

I'm OH GOD! Give me the truth! I'm not going to sit on some church pew and hope that the pope or the pastor can teach me all the things of GOD and pray for me and save my soul. I'M GOING TO PRAY TO GOD MYSELF AND ASK FOR THE TRUTH IN

JESUS' NAME!

In JESUS NAME! By the name of JESUS…our Lord JESUS CHRIST! If we ask of the FATHER of things in HIS NAME …

John 14 (King James Version)

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 15:16
    Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 16:23
    And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give [it] you.

John 16:24
    Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

John 16:26
    At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Luke 12:31
    But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33
    But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Wake up people! Don't be content with a CRUMB!
    Get yourself a whole LOAF OF BREAD!

Oh my GOD! No one listens to anything.

Acts 20 (King James Version)

28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

They didn't want to listen then…and no one wants to listen now. It's a flat out abomination!

I want oil in my Lamp when Jesus Comes back…And I want my Lamp to be BURNING! ON FIRE FOR GOD! I WANT HIM TO BE ABLE TO SEE ME WHEN HE COMES BACK!

I want Him to say “There's my child!…Come up hither…Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”

I don't want to be SLEEPING! when JESUS comes back…Having to jump up trying to borrow some oil from someone to get my lamp started burning in a Haste!

Oh my GOD, My GOD!

I really feel for the world…

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 04 2008,12:09)
    I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES! I'M GOING TO GET THE TRUTH!
    The TRUTH!

Do you really believe this?

Stuart

Samuel
    Participant

YES!

Cato
    Participant

Samuel,

Your quest for truth is admirable but remember truth is not enough, you still have to act upon it.  I know that sin is wrong, truth, yet I still sin.  Also perhaps you may want to broaden your search a bit, truth does exist beyond the pages of what you call scripture.  You are upset with what religion has done with God's word, well they can alter books and papers but they can not change the laws of physics, mathematics and nature.  Looking at your writings you appear conflicted with a lot of anxiety, perhaps you should step back and look at yourself as to why this is.  Is your quest for God and truth sincere or are you looking to escape life for some reason?  I say this not out of cruelty but from observation, having noted that many who look for something with fanatical zeal often have some great hurt or insecurity driving them.  I sense great fear in you, perhaps if you look within and seek peace with yourself the quest for God will be clearer and more of a joy of discovery then a man looking desperately for a life preserver.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 04 2008,23:10)
    YES!

So do you care what the truth is? Would you accept it no matter what it turned out to be?

Stuart

Samuel
    Participant

No, I do not have some fear of something…Only fear of GOD.

Do you people even realize that we are in the last days?

I mean GOD ain't some “Story”…Its “REAL”. I'm trying to tell you its real. You won't listen to me.

Jesus is coming back to this earth very soon. I wish you would not throw your life away so easily. There is a GOD that loves you.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 06 2008,22:19)

I mean  GOD ain't some “Story”…Its “REAL”.   I'm trying to tell you its real.  You won't listen to me.

Jesus is coming back to this earth very soon.  I wish you would not throw your life away so easily.  There is a GOD that loves you.

You're right, I probably won't listen to your special pleas for the supernatural that no one can see.

The 'last days' have been often foreseen. Yet every morning the dawn chorus starts up and the sun rises, even if above the clouds. Business as usual, as it has been for tens of millions of years since the evolution of the dawn chorus. 'Last days' is power-seeking rhetoric. Like the word 'sinner', it is only used politically to keep people in their places.

As written, the character of god is not worthy of fear. Maybe we should forgive him for the misery he has wrought on humans by keeping them in fear, of killing them. I don't expect to be judged by one who tells others not to judge, and certainly not one who is in need himself of judgement.

Better still is the daylight of the reality that Judeo-christian mythology is just that. There is no judgement with eternal punishment. That is the good news! This brutal god that loves fear is an imaginary creation of humans. There is no disproving that. To believe otherwise is to live permanently in fear, like a helpless infant.

Stuart

Participant

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I mean  GOD ain't some “Story”…Its “REAL”.   I'm trying to tell you its real.  You won't listen to me.

Jesus is coming back to this earth very soon.  I wish you would not throw your life away so easily.  There is a GOD that loves you.

Samuel! I have to agree that you sound angry. Don't be angry at the people they are deceived and unless God calls them out, there is nothing anybody can do for them. They will learn the truth in the Millennium.
    We have Family that goes to the Baptist Church and no matter what I say to them(I have) they are deceived and only get mad at mainly my Husband because He has tried to show them.
    We all have learned now that God has to do the calling, we can”t do it.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    If they are alive after the tribulation they will see Christ rule from Jerusalem.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 07 2008,09:05)
    Hi Mrs,
    If they are alive after the tribulation they will see Christ rule from Jerusalem.

Is Christ Rule a christian rock band?

Sounds like a gig to miss.

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Samuel,

I fear a lot of things unfortunately, in a spiritual sense I fear judgement and having to account for my own follies in this life.

Other then Stuart, no one else has disputed an assumption on God only your portrayal of him.  No one is disregarding you either, even Stuart listens and comments on your posts, we merely disagree.

Jesus is coming back very soon, in a physical form?  I don't know and neither do you.  Very soon, in human time, geological time, cosmic time, very soon is relevant to your perspective.  Jesus' initial followers thought he would return in their lifetime.

I for one, am not throwing away my life, nor do I fail to see the love of the creator, I just don't worry over the “end times”.  I know I will have my own end time sometime from today to somewhere about 50 years from now, and live accordingly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Fear of judgement is a heavy burden and not one you should be carrying.

Mt11
    28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1Jn4
    17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19We love him, because he first loved us.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2008,06:44)
    Hi cato,
    Fear of judgement is a heavy burden and not one you should be carrying.  

Mt11
    28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  

1Jn4
    17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19We love him, because he first loved us.

But you think I should be carrying that burden, right?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You seem to have enough burdens of your own.
    Then taking on God as well seems excessive

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2008,19:11)
    Hi Stu,
    You seem to have enough burdens of your own.
    Then taking on God as well seems excessive

Have we met? In what capacity do you comment on my 'burdens'?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You are alone in a big universe.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2008,19:16)
    Hi Stu,
    You are alone in a big universe.

There are more non-believers in the world than fundamentalist christians so in that respect I am far less alone. However I consider that we are all human beings firstly, and ideology comes pretty low down the priority list. So I have at least 6,000,000,000 human companions in this universe. How many do you have?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account