Reincarnation vs the truth.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    itsme
    Participant

ok, help me out here. How can I tell my friend that reincarnation isn't true. he doesn't believe in heaven or hell, but in reincarnation, as i mentioned before. Although i can try to explain it to him, i just can't get it right. can anyone help me out here? what should i do?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wisdom is known by her children, that is why the Devil accuses us day and night before God. See the Book of Job and Revelation 12:10. The Devil is trying to fault God's wisdom by using the weakest part of his Kingdom i.e. humans who have been saved by God's grace alone. But God delights in using the weak things of this world to confound the intellectually proud. That includes all of the Devil's lies and all doctrines of demons. Man is part of an eternal testimony of which all philosophies and arguments of the Devil are being played out by willing humans and also the wisdom of God is also being demonstrated by willing humans.

Reincarnation is a doctrine of demons and it openly encourages the worship of many gods, which are really fallen Angels who seek recognition and worship. The Devil uses this doctrine to enslave many proud people and to cut them off from God by making them believe that they do not need God's grace, rather they can save themselves in their own strength. Worshipping other gods and self salvation are both condemned in scripture.

So how do we know if something is good, well Jesus said we know by looking at the fruits. Now the fruits of reincarnation are a society of extreme wealth and poverty side by side, because reincarnation is an enemy to a Godly attribute called charity. Look at the part of the world where Hinduism is strongest, and then look at the fruit of that regions lifestyle. The Hindu areas of the world demonstrate this wisdom by creating a society of some rich people and many poor people. But overall we see society that experiences an enormous amount of suffering.

According to the theory of Reincarnation, if you are born poor, it is because of sins in a previous life. Reincarnation also dictates that if you help such a poor person, then you are prolonging their suffering because they will ultimately have to pay for their sins somewhere, whether in this life or supposed others to come. This leads many to just leave people to suffer, so they can ultimately pay for their sins, and then their karma will have a better balance or less of a deficit. This is so contrary to charity and grace which are Godly attributes that should be demonstrated in our lives. We should forgive and give where ever we see the need. God will then forgive and give to us to that same proportion. We should feed the poor and clothe the naked. We are all ultimately judged by these virtues and if we fail in those things then we will be cast away from God in judgment. See Matthew 25:31-46

God forgives all our sins if we forgive others their sins and turn from our own sins to serve him. Reincarnation denies this ultimatum, but does recognize Jesus as one way to God, usually for those who cannot create their own good karma and have to rely on Jesus karma to get through. Although this has a ring of truth to it, i.e. we rely on Jesus karma to get us to God, ultimately it isn't truth because by accepting reincarnation, you are also accepting other ways to God and this contradicts Jesus own words when he said “I am the Way the Truth the Life, no one comes to the Father except through me.” Now this is either true or not, and if we say that there are other ways or truths to God then we call Jesus (the Truth) a liar and who would want to rely on the karma or good works of a liar.

We should all realize that without God's grace we are doomed and that we cannot save ourselves, because we have all sinned and fallen short of God's Glory. Pride stops us from accepting Gods free gift of salvation, pride says that I can reach God's glory myself. Is this not the error of Babel, where they built a tower that reached toward the heavens, so they could try to reach God in their own strength. A tower that provided salvation in case God flooded the earth again. We shouldn't perpetuate Babel and it successor Babylon which is the system of false religion. That system has spawned many religions, philosophies and doctrines which not only serve to bring division to humanity, but is also the root for most wars and much hate and division.

Now the scriptures tell us that narrow is the path that leads to life and wide is the path that leads to destruction. This is because there is only one truth and many lies. You could say 1+1=3, 1+1=2 or 1+1=0, but only one answer is correct. So not only is the true path to God narrow, but Jesus Christ is the only way that we can reach God. He is the only mediator between God and Man.

Now Jesus Christ himself as well as the other writers of the biblical books, never teach reincarnation, rather they teach resurrection. The books in the bible were written by 40 different people over a period of thousands of years. They include Kings, prophets and apostles. There are also many other written works, especially from the 2nd century, written by apostles and prophets that also teach resurrection.

Now in Hebrews 9-27 we read the following:
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

In Luke 13:1-5 we read the words of Jesus himself.
    1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
    2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
    3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
    5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

DaleJury
    Participant

Ask him where all the new souls are coming from.

And point out that if the dali lama is who he says he is then he was one of the world largest slave owners.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ask who?

Added in later:

Oh yeah I get what you are saying.

NickHassan
    Participant

People think reincarnation is true because of demons who can go from one person to another. As Jesus said when demons go out of a person they try to get back in. He spent a lot of time in His ministry driving them out of people as they made them mad or a danger to themselves or sick.

Mediums communicate with them and they lie and deceive foolish people that they are dealing with the person they lived in but in fact they are just dealing with a demon.

itsme
    Participant

That same friend that i spoke of that believed in reincarnation and evolution and stuff and didn't know for sure what to REALLY believe in and stuff like that. He told me he got saved just the other day. Isn't that great?

Proclaimer
    Participant

great news,

Pray for him that he may stay with his decision and be filled with God's Spirit in order to have the power to overcome and remain on the true path.

If he believes that Jesus is the Messiah of mankind and he is willing to repent and serve God (which I assume has happened) he should be baptized in water to acknowledge that.

As it is written: “one man sows and another reaps”.

itsme
    Participant

yeah, its really cool. But the thing is, is that he has actually been talking about really wanting to get baptized for a while now. but if you could, you can pray for him too…???

K2marsh
    Participant

Reincarnation, Scriptures
    ————-
    The Apocrypha of the Old Testament

Wisdom of Solomon 8:19 For I was a witty child, and had a
    good spirit.
    20 Yea rather, being good, I came into a body undefiled.

King James Version
    Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied
    until John.
    14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for
    to come.
    15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain,
    Jesus charged
    them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of
    man be risen again from the dead.
       10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the
    Scribes that Elias must first come?
       11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly
    shall first come, and restore all things.
       12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and
    they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
       13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them
    of John the Baptist.

Malachi 4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which
    I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and
    judgments.
       5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the
    coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
       6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the
    children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

John 17:  24   Father, I will that they also, whom thou
    hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory,
    which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of
    the world.

Ephesians 1:4   According as he hath chosen us in him before
    The foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without
    blame before him in love:
    ——-
    It seems that from the foundation of the world God chose
    people. These people go from life time to life time doing the will of God.

Revelation 17
        8   The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and
    shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they
    that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new
    moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh
    come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
    —-
    And how will this Scripture of Isaiah be fulfilled? People
    have lived and died and have not worshiped the Lord.

The law is written on the heart. I feel that from life to
    life you learn from mistakes you made, and they are remembered in the
    heart.
    —-

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of
    whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
       18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the
    Resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure,
    having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one
    that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

—-
    How else you explain from the foundation of the world?
    The same people live over and over to gain knowledge. Isaiah said: All flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Every action has a reaction. If you are still under the LAW
    of Moses you
    have not turned the other cheek, and learned that mercy
    stops action reaction.

We are not to resist evil. Mercy stops action re-action.
    When you turn
    the other cheek that is the end of the matter. Love covers
    all sin. Your
    LOVE. As many do not believe in turning the other cheek why
    would they believe what Jesus said?

Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias,
    which was for to come. 15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Many on this list will not receive it, because it was not
    what they were taught to believe. People are slow to change.

If you believe in reincarnation it may help you to understand
    what some of the Scriptures mean more fully than if you don't. Other than that I don't see where it makes a great deal of difference.

Reincarnation has nothing to do with the final day of
    judgment at the end of the world.

Karyl

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi K2M,
    I love the Apocrypha too. Some things are well expounded there such as death in the young, the value of ordinary work to God and the role of doctors.
    But as Hebrews 9.27 tell us it is appointed to man once to die. So if we were reincarnated, as pagan religions espouse,this would not be true as every reincarnation would lead to more deaths. Resurrection and the second death is another issue.
    Jesus told us John the Baptist was Elijah. But John did not know that but in fact denied it. If it was reincarnation then surely he would have known who he was. He had the same manifestation of the Holy Spirit as Elijah had.
    The beast that was and shall ascend from the pit after the 1000 yr reign is Satan of course and scripture tells us he can become incarnate as with the Beast, Judas and Peter. But that is not reincarnation.
    Sorry but that is a strange teaching you present here in my opinion.

K2marsh
    Participant

Hi Nick Hassan, and All,

Jesus will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Then you will be judged as I was. You must be born again.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
    28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

===========
    John the Baptist did not remember his past life as you don’t remember your past life. Past lives are only remembered in little experiences.

Now tell me about what you remember of this life. Only experiences here and there.

Karyl

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k2Marsh,
    Sorry I do not understand. You have been judged and we will be?
    Even if memory of previous lives was possible it does not rate in this forum. You have not presented any strong biblical evidence of your claims about reincarnation. That is what we are interested in.

liljon
    Participant

Reincarnation is unbiblical
    Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men once to die and after this judgment,

brolarry
    Participant

Reincarnation is not a Biblical concept. After much thought I have concluded that it is one of the favorite “doctrines of demons” that scripture warns us about.
    Those disembodied spirits called demons are all that is left of the Nephilim of Genesis 6 and whose origins and fate are greatly elucidated in the Book of Enoch. I believe that these spirits have tried to foist the idea of reincarnation off on man to undermine true faith. Afterall, these spirits have inhabited human hosts from generation to generation and in a very real sense undergo “reincarnation” as the human host dies and the newly “disembodied” spirit must seek a new home.
    So this doctrine is something familiar to demons in their own experience and they have gone to great lengths to extend the concept humans as well. “Memories of past lives” I believe are indeed memories, but of past lives lived by a demon in a previous human host.
    This all sounds scary, but I think it is a Biblically sound explanation of a persistent idea that human beings seem to find extremely seductive and have desperately attempted to maintain in their belief systems theough the ages… even Christians are not immune.

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome bl,
    I agree with your views.

Satan is a different story as he entered Judas, may have been in Peter and may incarnate the Beast of revelation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Demons reincarnate men but man was designed to be a temple for the Spirit of God.
    We are not born indwelled by God so we must be repentant, washed and reborn from above.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Reincarnation and resurrection are fundamentally different in doctrine.

You can't believe both.

Cato
    Participant

There is obviously much confusion as to what reincarnation is and is not.  As stated before in my post in the general questions area, reincarnation is a concept that souls are born into the material plane from a spiritual plane then upon death they return thereof to perhaps at a later time be born again in a new form.  It is not a belief system though it is used in a variety of belief systems from Hinduism to esoteric and new age Christianity.  It appears at least that t8 levels most of his criticisms based on his view of Hinduism, rather then reincarnation itself, they are obviously not the same.
    As for others bringing demons and possesion into the mix they are unrelated; while demons may have the power to invade another's body and exercise undue control/influence over that being, they can not take another's soul and have it reborn into a new body which is what Nick is implying when he said that “demons reincarnate men…”.  Now perhaps a demon could implant some false memory in a man, but this is hardly to the point of whether the concept itself is relevant.

t8 is correct when he states that reincarnation is different then resurrection.  Reincarntion involves the rebirth of souls into new bodies while resurrection involves the restoration and renewal of an old body.  They are different but in a generic sense belief in one does not preclude belief in the other.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Carnal matters are one's relating to bodies.
    Incarnation is a being beginning to occupy another being's body.
    Reincarnation then is to pass from one such vessel to another which only demons do.

Man is an intergral being of body, soul and spirit.
    He does not exist before becoming conceived.
    Such thoughts are probably gnostic.

So reincarnation has nothing to do with passing from a spiritual plane to the physical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Demons or unclean spirits were shown by Jesus to be able to reenter a man after being cast out.

Matthew 12:43
    When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Lk11
    24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account