Rapture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DE,
    No. In the air.
    1Thess 4
    14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2008,08:31)
    Hi DE,
    No. In the air.
    1Thess 4
    14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Hey Nick!

How are you? Good I hope.

I believe these scriptures are referring to the 144k. Not everyone who claims they are “saved”. Cause there are way more that 144 thousand who think they will float away to meet Christ in the clouds.

Honestly, do you think you are worthy to meet Christ? I know I am not. I just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think those verse support the rapture claim.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DE,
    We cannot make ourselves worthy.
    Those who are in Christ share his righteousness.
    There is no definite scripture that says the 144,000 are the sons of God are there?.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Hey Nick,

No we can't. No man other than Christ is worthy.

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
    Revelation 14:4 These (the 144k) are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
    Revelation 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they (the 144k) are without fault before the throne of God.

These seem pretty clear to me. They are the first resurrection. The second if the Great Resurrection at the end of the 1000 years.

Show me the word rapture in scripture? Or do you think rapture means resurrection??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DE,
    Rapture is not in scripture but it was coined to encapsulate what is written in 1Thess 4 and 1 Cor 15.

You may be right about the 144,000
    2Cor 11
    2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 22 2008,09:07)

The second in the Great Resurrection at the end of the 1000 years.

I really need an edit option…. lol

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2008,09:10)

Hi Nick,

I think that is an incorrect interpretation IMO. I think those scriptures could be interpreted in many ways.

I personally can't wait until Christ gets here and God sets the record straight. 😉

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DE,
    I agree there are two resurrections separated by 1000 years.
    Do you think the REST of Heb 4 refers to the millenium?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 22 2008,09:14)

nick wrote:

[/quote]
    Hi Nick,

I think that is an incorrect interpretation IMO. I think those scriptures could be interpreted in many ways.

I personally can't wait until Christ gets here and God sets the record straight. 😉

Hi DE,
    Some sons of the resurrection are yet living when Christ returns so cannot be resurrected.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2008,09:14)

Which verses exactly?

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2008,09:16)

It is my understanding that they transform into “immortal beings” to meet Christ in the clouds prior to the 1 day war.

So the first resurrection is referring to those who have died out of the 144k.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DE,
    I cor 15 says they will have an immortal body put on.
    All the sons of the resurrection are reunited with Christ.
    Those in Christ will rise first then those who are alive.

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 22 2008,09:20)

nick wrote:

[/quote]
    It is my understanding that they transform into “immortal beings” to meet Christ in the clouds prior to the 1 day war.

So the first resurrection is referring to those who have died out of the 144k.

You are forgetting about all the multitudes of believers who have washed their clothes white in the blood of the Lamb.
    Rev. 7:13-15
    Who do you think they are? Are they going to be in the first resurrection along with the elect?
    Have been wondering about them forsome time now, have asked God to show me before, but maybe I am not to know now. Have you any clue?

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    They cannot be raptured to the wedding feast because they must be purified through the tribulation.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2008,09:50)
    Hi Mrs,
    They cannot be raptured to the wedding feast because they must be purified through the tribulation.

Nick  These do come out of the great tribulation. Rev. 7 :14
    And I said to him, Sir, you know these are the ones that came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes white in the Blood of the Lamb.

Verse 15 ” Therefore they are before  the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.”

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    I agree.
    Out of=after

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Quote (Mr. Steve @ Feb. 22 2008,07:43)
    Jesus taught that he would come to his church unexpectedly before the tribulation and take “some” away as a theif in the night.

I still disagree with you.

However as you stated… if “some” were taken away, then why is it that millions upon millions “think” they will be in this rapture? Millions are not some.

rapture = ridiculous

All of you that think you are going to be whisked away will either A. die during the great tribulation and you will be resurrected at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ and his appointed government or B. live through the great tribulation into the new age.

Honestly, where are you getting whisked away to? Heaven?

Jesus was the ONLY man to have ever gone to Heaven.

Have a good day

Hi DE;

Jesus instructed us to pray specifically to be accounted worthy to escape the great tribulation and to stand before the son of man.

Steven

NickHassan
    Participant

4 mk

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Mt25
    1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

We in Christ are given oil that we might search for and maintain our supplies, that alive and awake in the Spirit, we might be ready to enter with him before the closing of the door.

But half the bridesmaids are asleep.

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome SOMH
    This may help

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account