Rapture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Do you really think, that all the people that go to church, and just because they confess Jesus is Lord, they will all go to heaven? Now before you jump the gun, I did not say, will not be saved, they will; but they will not go to heaven.”

I do not believe all men will be saved.
    It is not written.

I do not believe that men necessarily go to heaven, unless the mansions of Christ Jesus spoke of as the waiting place of the sons of God, are in heaven.

“To understand the resurrection correctly you have to start with 1Cor. 15:36. Paul says, to live again you first have to die, but those saints that die after the first resurrection has taken place, will have to spend no time in the grave, their change will come instantly.”

To live again?
    Death is in baptism.
    Living again is in the Spirit.
    We begin eternal life with rebirth while we live.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You say
    “It is during this thousand-year reign, that all of us will learn how to love God and how to love our neighbor, the reward for that will be eternal life. “

Eternal life is not the inheritance of every heathen but only of those found in Christ. No second chances is written for those who die and are not found in the first resurrection except by the mercy of God in the judgement. That is why Hebrews 4 pleads with us to seek to enter the seventh day rest of God.

Irene
    Participant

Nick

Death in baptism is symbolic, you bury your old self, and rise as a new creature in Christ. But that has nothing to do with your physical death.
    I know not all man will be saved, but now is not the time for all to be saved. All have to first have a chance to hear the word of God, without doubting who is telling the truth.
    If in fact we have the Holy Spirit, that is only a down payment for eternal life,. a kind of guarantee.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Certainly the fullness of rebirth only occurs at resurrection or the reception of the new body.
    But death and burial is death and burial, the Spirit now, a downpayment on salvation

Romans 7:5
    For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

Romans 7:24
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

We do not write a plan for God.

Irene
    Participant

Nick

The first chance to inherit the kingdom of God, the spiritual kingdom, was offered to the nation Israel, you could say, they blew it. Now the offer has gone out into all the world, to all nations. But even so, the offer was limited to only a few, in comparison. But that does not mean, the rest are condemned without a trial, and that trial will be given to all the dead, after they are resurrected during the millennium.
    But you are right, not all will except eternal life.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You are right that the road via the first resurrection into the millenial kingdom is narrow and few will choose it.

But scripture is full of the promises of God to save many others-in the second resurrection.

Matthew 5
    1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Mt25
    37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have

Mt22
    8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Rev7
    9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

As not3 says we will be astounded by the number of those God has chosen for salvation by His mercy.

Irene
    Participant

Yes Nick

That is what I am talking about, but all who will be resurrected in the second resurrection, will be the meek who will inherit the earth, Mat. 5:1-9; not the spiritual kingdom.
    Only those who will not hear that prophet will be destroyed, Acts 3:23.
    Rev. 7:9-14 are all the saints that gave their live for the testimony of Christ, they all came out of great tribulation, endured to their end. First under the Romans, than under Antichrist.
    Mat. 22:8-10, is what I said about the Israelites, they rejected the invitation, so God send out invitations all over the earth, Mat. 24:14.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    ALL not already raised will be resurrected in the second resurrection, not just the meek.
    Judgement is according to hearing the prophet, but mercy is found by many.
    Love covers many sins, mercy triumphs over judgement.
    But some goats remain

Many refuse the invitation

Luke 14:19
    And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

Samuel
    Participant

Well,

A lot of things unto us are still a mystery, that I have met very few in my life time can even began to explain some of them to me.

I have tried to tell people that the flesh can not see the spirit. But I believe that the Spirit can manifest itself in a flesh form.

How else did people see anything that they have saw?
    Angels, Burning bushes, Jesus after he was resurrected.

The account with Jesus appearing and vanishing before them sort of explains it I think. In fact they even thought that they have seen a spirit. And, Jesus showed them that he was in fact flesh and bones.

This is the account I speak of…this whole chapter:

Luke 24

1Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

2And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

3And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

4And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

5And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

6He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

7Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

8And they remembered his words,

9And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.

10It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.

11And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.

12Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.

13And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.

14And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

15And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

16But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

17And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

18And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

19And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

20And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

21But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

22Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;

23And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.

24And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.

25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

28And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

29But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

30And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

31And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

32And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

33And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,

34Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

35And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

36And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did eat before them.

44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

50And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.

51And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

52And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

53And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

And, although I am not to keen on this method of which Seek And You Will Find posted of…I do not feel that the Rapture and end time is going to take place the way most Christians now days seem to believe that it will.

At, least not to the full extent of their own beliefs.
    The scripture states that the meek shall inherit the earth.
    The scripture also states that the Heavens and the Earth shall pass away.
    Then is says that we have we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

It says the kingdom of GOD is going to come, that the Kingdoms of this world will be made the Kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ.

Some people think seals, and trumpets have already been opened and blown.
    Some think that they have not.
    Some think that we are going to be called up actually in the air.
    Some think not.

I think that we have yet to see the full prophesy of the Bible come full circle as of yet…

There are things that we will see that have not happened yet that “ALL” will see such things that the Earth has never seen before.

I also th
    ink that what ever happens will not happen till the sounding of the last trumpet:

1 Cor 15
    51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

And, I believe that last trump to be the 7th Trump in Revelation.
    I could be wrong.

Weather or not some seals or trumpets have been opened or blown I can not say with certainty…but I too think that some have.

I do sort of agree with some of the posting, in part…
    I do not think that the people that are alive will realize what is going on.
    Most of them do not even believe in GOD.
    And, the ones that do will be looking for dramatic displays…that of which they will see but will pass it off as not being the work of GOD.

I believe that at the time of the last trump things will get exceedingly worse. It is written that the things will be like unto a woman in labor.

There are things that are on the verge of collapse…
    There are things brewing in the world that are only hanging by a thread
    Economy, Wars, Government, Religion, and what ever else.
    There are people in this world working right now to make the things in the Bible come true.
    They just have not came to pass yet.
    Wars that are just about to break out that will be the destruction of a lot of life on this earth.

The whole world is hanging by a very thin strand.

It's like a caldera on a Volcano that is about to “Pop”.
    A pot that is about to boil over.

Folks, It's not going to get better. I don't care what Obama says or Hilary says, or the pope says, McCain says, or anyone else that you can think of that has any kind of influence on this world.

I know that all through the ages people have thought that they lived in the “End Times”.

I don't know…It just seems to me like…

To me its more than just “Well…this and this has happened, that it was written would happen”

I actually sort of “Feel” it on the inside of my soul.
    Its very hard to describe, sort of like a fire getting ready to burn out of control.

To what ever interpretation is actually the right one…I feel it is nervously at hand.

Irene
    Participant

Hello Sam

I have read your post, but I have no clue how to respond.

Georg

Samuel
    Participant

A Mighty Wind is getting ready to start blowing!

By the way I'm not trying to prophesy, Do not fear I do not consider myself a prophet. I doubt that I would make a very good one anyway.

I'm just posting what I've read in the Bible. Its all in Revelation.
    I have to pray for my forgiveness about every 30 minutes it seems.

I'm just saying that We all need to wake up, and not be sleeping.
    The things of GOD are going to happen.

GODBLESS all Samuel

Participant

Hi:

He said watch and Pray.

Luk 21:20 ¶ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
    Luk 21:21  Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
    Luk 21:22  For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    Luk 21:23  But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
    Luk 21:24  And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
    Luk 21:25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    Luk 21:26  Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
    Luk 21:27  And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
    Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    The bridesmaids in Mt25 teach us he is delayed and they snooze off.
    Is that done yet?

Samuel
    Participant

Matthew 25

1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

This is a parable that was taught, warning us to to be sleeping.
    And, that if we did sleep or slack off so to speak make sure we had made ourselves ready. The oil in the lamps represents, the Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Ghost and with “FIRE”. A lot of people overlook this “With Fire” part.

That out of your belly should flow RIVERS of Living water.

This is the oil in your lamp, I feel.

We all slumber from time to time. But to slumber and not have what you need for the battle is a dangerous thing. You would not catch a Soldier on the battle field sleeping with out any bullets in his weapon?

This is more of a warning really I think.

However, to answer you question…yes it happens every day…we all get caught up in ourselves and forget about the things of GOD…we get to sleeping…oh well I have enough time…but you don't…What time do you think you have?

Time is and has been running out ever since time started.
    Time is against us…in every way. We must always be ready.
    GODBLESS you.

NickHassan
    Participant

4mk

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

I said read my article, not repeat it.
    The dead in Christ will rise first; Paul is talking about the dead in their graves.
    You know, Meerkat is right, you can defend any position by manipulating scripture, that is you can try.
    Again, Paul is talking about physical death, not spiritual as you suggested, (Rom. 6:3-5).
    And what was it that Jesus was trying to explain to Nicodemus, the atmosphere?
    Yes, the apostles were told in “like manner”, after the cloud hid him from their view. That is how Christ will return, hidden behind a cloud, from our view. Jesus himself told us how he would return.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I could not find were I said, “all men will be saved”, nor do I believe that.
    I made an error when I said, “their reward” will be eternal life, referring to the second resurrection; eternal life is a gift from God.
    How would you expect anyone who has not even heard the name Jesus, to have his name written in the book of Life? By what “works” would you say, will they be judged?
    You don't have rewrite everything I said, but be “as” specific as you were just now.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Marty

This is the page I wanted you to look at, my article on the rapture is on page one.

Georg

Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 14 2009,16:47)
    Marty

This is the page I wanted you to look at, my article on the rapture is on page one.

Georg

Ok. Georg, I will take a look.

Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 01 2008,13:39)
    Samuel,
    read this, you may be surprised

THE RAPTURE

A very promising and interesting claim, and almost every Sunday, some preacher on TV will say, we are living in the very end times and Christ will return soon to rapture his church up to heaven. Although most ministers agree and tell you, we are in the end time, few will give sound scriptural proof of that claim. It all sounds so easy, just come to church, confess Jesus is Lord, and you got it made. Shouldn’t some one ask the question, which church, or which denomination? Or does it matter? What happens after we get to heaven, will all churches then agree on the same doctrine? I have to admit, the idea of a  rapture sounds good, after all, who wouldn’t want to go to heaven? And who would want to stay hear on earth when all the trouble starts? I believe this kind of preaching has many people coming to Church. But what exactly is the rapture? The definition is: to be carried away with great joy.  And who will be raptured? Our Ministers tell us, all who believe in Jesus Christ and are alive when he returns. They will all be changed into spirit beings and go to heaven.  But is that true? We should first ask the question; did God create Adam and Eve as physical human beings to change them into spirit beings later? The answer is no. God had already created all the angels, spirit beings; he wanted or needed because they all shouted for joy when he created the world.

Job 38:4   “Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth…”
    v. 7   “When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?”
    How do we even imagine this rapture? Do we think as spirit beings we will suddenly love our neighbor whom we couldn’t stand on earth? Do we think in heaven we are no longer racist or bias? Will we be no longer greedy or jealous? If we can’t forgive on earth, will we forgive in heaven? Can you honestly say you learned to obey God? The bible tells us Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered.
    Heb. 5:8   “Though he were a son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.”  
    When you read these next three scriptures, do you thing about what they imply?
    Rev. 2:26   “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I
    give power over the nations.”
    Ps. 50:5   “Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me
    by sacrifice.”
    Ps. 116:15   “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”
    What in your mind is a saint? Do you have any idea, or even think about what the early Christians, saints, had to go through, and endure for their faith, first under the Romans, and then Antichrist? Do you think about how some Christians were impaled and set on fire as live torches for the emperor? Do you think about how some Christians were tied to a post in an arena, and Lions began to eat them alive? Have you ever seen the “tools of torture”, applied by Antichrist on them that would not worship him?  And even today, in some parts of this world, Christians have to fear for their lives. Now, having put things a little in perspective, perhaps we can see things a little clearer as to who deserves to be in heaven, if we were going to go there.    
    Adam was not tested to become a spirit being, he was tested to see if he was worthy to receive eternal life, and so will all of us.  To become a spirit being is the reward for obedience to God even unto death.
    Rev. 3:21   “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”
    There are three main scriptures that have people believe in a rapture.
    One;
    1 Cor. 15:51   “Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed.”

Sleeping is done in the grave, Paul is saying, not all saints will be dead in their graves when Christ returns, and that they too would have to be changed, but he says “shall be” changed not will be, meaning their change will come sometime later, and when it comes it will be instantly.
    Two;
    v. 52    “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
    The last, or the seventh trumpet will announce Christ’s return. The dead saints will only hear this trumpet sound. No other living human will even know what is taking place. Paul says the dead are raised incorruptible, meaning raised with a spirit body; and again referring to “we”, the living saints, shall be changed, future.
    Three;  
    1 Thes. 4:17   “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

I believe this verse is the most confusing of the three, because what it really says is read right over. “We, which are alive and remain”; we will remain in this human flesh body until our death, Paul says, and then shall we be changed. No living human being will be snatched away from whatever he may be doing. No Airplane is going to fall from the sky because the pilot disappeared. Listen what Paul is saying,    
    1 Cor. 15:36    “Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die.”
    The saints are the seed, they cannot be quickened, resurrected, brought back to life, unless they are sowed first, buried; in other words; they have to die first. This is what Jesus is talking about in,
    Rev. 14:13   “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth; Yea, saith the Spirit that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”
    Blessed are the dead, dead to this world but alive in Christ.
    Col. 3:3   “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God”.

That die from that point on; that point is the return of Christ, because they live and work for the kingdom of Christ; they will rest from all their labors at death, but their works will follow them. The work for the Kingdom of God does not stop with death. Jesus said,
    John 5:17  “… My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.”
    Daniel even gives us the time for this event;
    Dan. 12:12“Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.”
    That is 1335 days = years. Waiting is done in the grave, coming to the end of those days’ means, being alive.  Rapture is not the right word for this event because nobody is going to disappear with his cloth left behind.  As each individual saint dies, from that point on, he will instantly be changed into a spirit being, the body will be left behind and no human being will know what took place. Now Daniel said that this event, Rev. 14:13, would start taking place after the 1335 days, years. “These days” started with the reign of Antichrist, 565 A.D., that meant that these days of waiting ended in A.D 1900 and the time when saints die and are instantly changed started. We should also realize from this that not every body would become a spirit being.
    Mat. 22:14“For many are called, but few are chosen.”
    Luke 20:35   “But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, (spirit world) and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage.”

Jesus is referring to the first resurrection only.
    Our human existence is relative very short, compared to angels; they were created to live for all eternity. That does not mean however they are sexless. We read in fact that some of them did marry woman and had children, Gen. 6
    :2 and 4. Without our ability to procreate, our species would have died out long ago. But this is how God had planed it for us. Procreation is for our nature, flesh nature, only. Now let me show you another scripture that sheds more light on this subject; that has either been overlooked or ignored;
    1 Thes. 4:16   “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first.”

This should make it clear that the saints are not going up, but instead Christ is coming down to this earth, for at least two reasons. One, this is where the saints are waiting in their graves. Two, this is where Christ will reign with the saints for a thousand years;
    Rev. 5:10   “And hast made us unto our God kings and priest; and we shall reign on the earth.”

Also, in 1 Thes. 4:17 we read that those, which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Why “clouds”? Clouds hide things, for example,
    Acts 1:9   “And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up;
    and a cloud received him out of their sight.”

“To meet the Lord in the air”, why does that make us assume it means way up there. Well, clouds are way up there in the air. The meaning is the same, you can’t see what is behind a cloud and you can’t see air. Jesus tried to explain that to Nicodemus.
    John 3:6   “That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
    v. 8     “The wind bloweth were it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst
    not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”  
    Born of the spirit, meaning, resurrected with a spirit body. We humans are born of the flesh, we can’t see the wind, we can’t see the air and we can’t see a spirit being, because they are like the air. The meaning of, meeting Christ in the air is, meeting him in the spirit world. It does not mean we will all be zoomed up. We should also understand that no human being will ever see Jesus with their eyes, and hear is why;    
    Rev.
    1:16   “And he had in his right hand seven stars; and out of his mouth went a sharp
    twoedged sword; and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.”
    When we read that every eye will see him, we should know what is meant by this is with the eye of understanding. In a conversation have you ever said, Oh I see? Jesus even told us,
    John 14:19   “Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more…”

What do we think he meant? We, who will live on this earth in our human flesh body, are the world. We all know what would happen if we were to look at the sun on a bright sunny day? Paul saw Jesus for just a moment, and it blinded him.
    Acts 9:17   “And Anani’as went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee
    in the way as thou cameth, has sent me, that thou mighteth receive thy sight, and
    be filled with the Holy Gost.”  
    As far as the changing of the saints is concerned, the bible does not say how long this event will go on, but we can be sure of this; the door to the wedding feast will not be shut until the last invited guest has arrived.
    Rev. 3:7   “… these things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that has the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.”
    No, we won’t see Christ returning or sitting on his throne, but we will see the effects of his reign, especially when Satan is put away.
    Rev. 20:2   “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.”
    It is during this thousand-year reign, that all of us will learn how to love God and how to love our neighbor, the reward for that will be eternal life.
    And who would want to challenge those that had to endure the reign of torture and even death of Antichrist, for the honor to sit with Christ in his throne?
    Could anyone be so vain and say, eternal life is not good enough?

IM4Truth

Hi Georg:

I have read your article, but no, I can't agree with your interpretation of the scriptures.

I do believe that Jesus will be coming for the church very shortly, and I am watching an praying. No, not a secret rapture, everyone will know when it happens.

My desire is God's best for you and your family.

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Cindy
    Participant

Marty

The last set of scriptures you put up, is exactly for our time.
    It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, fact is, he could not have done that with only the help of his three sons. Do you suppose people may have ask him what he was doing, and why? The record shows, nobody did.
    We have been living in the days of Noah for some time now, but because people have been fooled by their “shepherds” into believing there will be a “rapture”, they pay little or no attention to anything else.
    People are marrying, or just live together, we have now same sex marriages, even threes together, so can any one see what this country is turning into? Do you really believe the statistics that say 85% of Americans are Christians? I believe they may be going to church; there are new churches being build all around, why? because they are told, over and over again, that “believers”, church goers, will go to heaven when all the “troubles” start.
    You ever heard the expression? “donnnnnt youuuuuuu beliiiiiiiiiieve iiiiiiiiiit”.
    Marty, you need to read the article again, and pay close attention to the scriptures, what they say.
    I have another article “Left behind”, that will help you understand the last three verses, I will start a new thread.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account