Quotes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    ftk
    Participant

“I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition, into the transcendent light of the realization, of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make – the supernatural experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this through your own, personal experience, with God through Jesus.”   AC/TK

ftk
    Participant

“The concept of evil is useful in moral choosing, but in actuality it is just that, a concept. Just as a shadow is only relatively real. It is not necessary to experience evil personally, yet some will in their moral progress and spiritual development. Evil becomes a reality ONLY when a mind makes evil its CHOICE.”

princess
    Participant

Contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.
    Alice Duer Miller

princess
    Participant

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
    Albert Einstein

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
    Albert Einstein

Proclaimer
    Participant

“God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them.”
    Stanley Lindquist

“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world”
    C.S. Lewis

“God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.”
    Reggie White

Stu
    Participant

“Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder.”

Homer Simpson

ftk
    Participant

The most incredible thing is, whatever God we choose to steadfast believe in, is truly the God we serve and the God we reflect to others! TK

Stu
    Participant

“God is my favorite fictional character!”

Bart Simpson

ftk
    Participant

Having no God at all is still a belief, which is faith.

Stu
    Participant

“Atheism is a faith like not collecting stamps is a hobby.”

Anon

princess
    Participant

that which is not loved, does not remain

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Interesting quotes.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 29 2011,05:58)
    “Atheism is a faith like not collecting stamps is a hobby.”

Anon

You have to believe in no God and without proof.
    You can't face it that you have a a belief system with no proof Stu. You ridicule the very thing you practice that is the ironic thing here.

And the difference between real faith and your faith is that real faith has experiential evidence. Whereas you have blind faith. No proof whatsoever.

Your statements about there being no God sound worse than a person saying there is no life outside Earth. Surely you would ask such a person for the proof of such a statement, and if he couldn't produce it, then concluding that he had blind faith would be a fair analysis.

Stu
    Participant

“Religionists feel rather than know. The awe in which they regard the universe, the tender glow of reverence and love with which the bare sight of nature affects them, is to them the ultimate guarantee of their beliefs. Happy those who feel such emotions! Only, when they try to extract definite statements of fact from these impalpable sentiments, they should beware how far such statements are apt to come into terrible collision with reality.”

Sir Leslie Stephen

ftk
    Participant

The mind of man is 90% full of non-experiential information garnered from second hand news, gossip, here-say and conjecture accepted by faith! (any information not personally experienced first hand, is taken by faith)

Stu
    Participant

“I am not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief is positively harmful. Reviewing the false claims of religion, I do not wish, as some sentimental materialists affect to wish, that they were true. I do not envy believers their faith. I am relieved to think that the whole story is a sinister fairy tale; life would be miserable if what the faithful affirmed was actually the case.”

Christopher Hitchens

terraricca
    Participant

research and experience may be only to satisfy the greedy for a moment in time ,nothing stay the same so it is with men knowledge always on the move and always find that the previous knowledge was only a bear enlightenment compare to the real thing that merged from another God given mind .

Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying other things.
    Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) Spanish painter.

God hath entrusted me with myself.
    Epictetus (50-120) Greek philosopher.

God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere.
    Voltaire (1694-1778) French writer and historian.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

Without God there is for mankind no purpose, no goal, no hope, only a wavering future, an eternal dread of every darkness.
    Jean Paul (1763-1825) German novelist and humorist.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
    Mother Teresa (1910-1997) Albanian-born missionary.

I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about.
    Henry Ford (1863-1947) American industrialist.

If God lived on earth, people would break his windows.
    Jewish proverb

Blessed is the man who finds out which way God is moving and then gets going in the same direction.
    Unknown Source

princess
    Participant

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
    Albert Einstein

Stu
    Participant

“The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.”

Ed Krebs

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account