Quick Intro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 29 2008,15:22)
    Hey gollamudi…

Nick's reply to you concerning spirit is also my reply..jesus is a spirit

Phil 2:6-  who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Hi Dk, Please watchout by interpreting this verse in that way you make more than one God. I hope belive in Monotheism.
    Peace to you.
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Welcome DK

What do they do in a Jehovah witness service? Do they have worship service and then preaching? just curious.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ May 29 2008,17:43)

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 29 2008,15:22)
    Hey gollamudi…

Nick's reply to you concerning spirit is also my reply..jesus is a spirit

Phil 2:6-  who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Hi Dk, Please watchout by interpreting this verse in that way you make more than one God. I hope belive in Monotheism.
    Peace to you.
    Adam

Hi gm,
    Paul said there were many gods in 1Cor 8
    Would you argue with him?

For us there is one God, the Father,
    Not the god of this world.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick, yes Paul said that there are many (so called) gods but not for us. Please remember that you are unnecessarily bringing that issue. To us Christ is not God but he is the Lord who is in authority given by the that One God.
    Hope you will appreciate this
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gm,
    What applies to US is all that matters.
    For US there is one God, the Father.
    We must be found in the US

seekingtruth
    Participant

Welcome dirtyknections,
    I've enjoyed reading your posts, you seem to have a love for the truth which I believe the Father desires as that allows the Holy Spirit to guide us to all truth. I personally believe that the Father is more patient then we are, with mistaken beliefs. Many are prisoners of their denominations and others are frightened to attend a local church.

My position is that, I know I do not have all truth, but I desire it, despite that sometimes it's taken me years to breakthrough my “current” understanding and accept a new revelation. Churches are no different (after all what is a church but a group of believers). My concern with churches is that their doctrine replaces seeking truth and adherence to church doctrine replaces what should be a relationship with the Father.

I've said all this to explain why I go to “church” with people who differ from me, since I do not have all truth how can I judge those further behind (or ahead) as long as they are seeking truth and are they best served by my judgments or by my showing them Jesus in my life?

Anyway I hope you stay around

Wm

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hi…again thanks for the warm welcomes :D..ok i'll address some of the questions and remarks posed at me..

Gollamudi……Yes i believe in a monotheistic god…i am aware that the verse i qouted at Phillipians is used to argue the trinity…i on the other hand do not think that that scripture is saying that Jesus thought he was equal to God..but i'll save that for one of the many trinity threads floating around..lol

gsilva72…i'm glad you asked that….I'll give you a quick breakdown…We have more than one service throughout the week, with each one having a different structure and format..
    But here I will just refer to the Sunday service…so check it out…..my Congregation starts services at 9:30am on Sun

9:30 to 9:35- Song of worship followed by prayer

9:35 to 10:05- Public discourse…now this topic of this public discourse naturally changes from week to week…and is generally given by a brother from a visiting congregation. Yes, the we do here elders in our own congregation speak..usually about every month or so..

10:05 to 10:10 approx-Song of worship

10:10 to 11:15 approx- Watchtower Study…this is basically a question and answer study of the WT for that week…If you have one handy you will noticed that the question and answer articles also correspond to a specific week…

We then close with song and prayer..

On Sunday…approx 20 min or so after service is over those who are interested, meet for “field service”…aka public preaching..there is no set time for how long we stay out..most stay out a couple hours and then head home..

So there you have it….Sunday Worship with the JW's

dirtyknections
    Participant

seekingtruth said…

since I do not have all truth how can I judge those further behind (or ahead) as long as they are seeking truth and are they best served by my judgments or by my showing them Jesus in my life?

AMEN!!!! the best way we can give a witness is how closely we follow Jesus Christ footsteps…Remember 1 Peter 2:21 says that “Christ left us a model to follow…”

A Christians job is not to convert…but to declare…declare the good news that is Gods kingdom…he declares by speaking the word, preaching the word, living the word, and allowing himself to be CONTINUOUSLY mad over over by the word..

Isa 1:18…lol…thats funny..maybe he just got tired???

Mandy…i'm glad something i said could be added to your spiritual toolbox…For the record this forum has caused me to examine more closely all the things I believe…. like the Boreans in Acts…i welcome everything everyone has to say with open heart and spirit…but be assured as they did..i rightly divide it and see if it is so…so thati can be fully convinced..

again thank you all for your warm comments

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ May 29 2008,20:34)
    Hi Nick, yes Paul said that there are many (so called) gods but not for us. Please remember that you are unnecessarily bringing that issue. To us Christ is not God but he is the Lord who is in authority given by the that One God.
    Hope you will appreciate this
    Adam

Nicely put!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,01:01)
    10:10 to 11:15 approx- Watchtower Study…this is basically a question and answer study of the WT for that week…If you have one handy you will noticed that the question and answer articles also correspond to a specific week…

I noticed that you don't necessarily have a sermon from the bible in your schedule. Here you say you have a “Watchtower Study….”. I realize the WT has topics related to scripture, but does it bother you that there is not a teaching/sermon coming straight from the bible instead of from a witnessing “tool” used for the religion? Just curious.

Man, I'm really glad you're here.
    Mandy

dirtyknections
    Participant

The public discourse…is a bible based sermon…we call them “talks”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,05:24)
    The public discourse…is a bible based sermon…we call them “talks”

But the WT is the source of the study and not the bible.

In other words, the leader would say, “Please turn in your WT to page 39…”, instead of, “Please turn in your bible to the book of….”.

I was just trying to clarify that. Thanks so much.

dirtyknections
    Participant

technically yeah…but remember we say the watchtower articles are based on the bible…and the bible is referenced and discussed and sited throughout the whole WT article…Every paragraph has cited scriptures that are to be ready along with the paragraph

dirtyknections
    Participant

sorry..”read along with the paragraph”….

hey Mandy..how do you edit posts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    So are the dogmas of every denomination.
    But they are not words proven to be anointed of God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,06:23)
    sorry..”read along with the paragraph”….

hey Mandy..how do you edit posts?

Find the member “t8” and use the icon at the bottom of his posts that says, “PM”. This is his private messenger and ask him to give you editing rights.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hey..mandy..thanks for the info :cool:

Nick..you are absolutely right noticed i said,

we say the watchtower articles are based on the bible

Thats my coy way of saying yeah i know some things are off base…honestly…sometimes are “rightly divide” what is being taught…and I find it…for me..to be inaccurate…

dirtyknections
    Participant

oops i mean…sometimes I “rightly divide”

Yall have to excuse me i'm typing while i'm at work…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    So foolish men follow the doctrines of foolish men into a pit?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hey nick…

If they so choose…i personally follow only what the holy spirit reveals to ME…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 232 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account