Questions about Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    From scripture and not creedal doctrines please.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    So if you are really mature you will believe what is not written?
    You quote pr 26.5
    '5Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. “
    Who are the fools you refer to?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:03)
    you know Nick…. I have to ask ya…. when was Joseph ever said to be the One who created all that there is, and that he is the one who holds all creation together?

when you can answer this, you will have your answer to your other questions…

blessings,
    Ken

Nick, I am still waiting for the answer to my question… would you be so kind as to answer it?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,14:24)
    Hi E,
    From scripture and not creedal doctrines please.

as soon as you answer all questions with nothing but scriptures, versus your own inferences and opinions, then I will happy to comply… until then, your question is silly and hypocritical….

blessings,
    Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Epi wrote:
    you still seem to have a penchant for asking informally fallacious questions, informal fallacies called “complex questions”….. ask direct questions please, without the unnecessary “either/or” addition which always seems to assume something that you may be assuming, but is not perhaps what the person you are asking assumes….
    I like Nick's “questions” – they stir the pot and get people thinking.

Keep asking your complex questions Nick!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,15:54)

you know Nick…. I have to ask ya…. when was Joseph ever said to be the One who created all that there is, and that he is the one who holds all creation together?

blessings,
    Ken

Nick, I am still waiting for the answer to my question… would you be so kind as to answer it?

Hi E,
    Is not the Son of God amazing?
    But you should not confuse him with the greater ONE, the God who begat him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Epi wrote:
    one in essence, 3 in person

Where is “essence” in the bible? Jesus never taught on essence of person – did he?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 16 2007,16:56)
    Where is “essence” in the bible?

Hebrews 1:3

:)

charity
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:01)
    Jesus was the God who came, was and is the God who was always here, who never left, was and is the eternal I AM, not created but eternal……

AND

the God who was with Him was none other then God the Father and God the Son…

AND

voila…. the Trinity is proven once again… thanks so much for playing Nick… you have been a big help in once again priving that the doctrine of the Trinity is the only way to make sense of the whole counsel of God…. thanks so much for your help…

blessings,
    Ken

Jesus prolonged his days'
    With the power of knowledge of his life; to lead us also to the eternal life BY OFFERING HIMSELF WITHOUT SPOT; to make himself as EVERLASTING ;yes he created himself eternal by obediance to God.
    Eternal holding victory over the power of THE SECOND death
    as the human that has at his finger tips this knowledge also to prolong Days but fails to make himself everlasting
    Surly if you were put to death and rise again you are considered BY EYES a God that shall never be destroyed; and feared EVEN for the followers co inheritors with him of God.
    Anyone that becomes eternal and living for ever has inherited God by following after christ.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Hbr 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:05)
    can you say…. “red herring”…?

goooood… I knew you could…. lol

Good to see you back here again e-man, and as delightfully obstreperous as always too I see….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    You say
    “the God who was with Him was none other then God the Father and God the Son…”

So “God the Son” was with “God the Son” ?

No third person or are we back to a binity?

umm

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,10:44)
    Hi kenrch,
    You ask
    “Now someone explain to me why the son of God had to receive the Holy Spirit when baptized? “
    Because he did not have that Spirit. That Spirit is the Spirit of the Father and he is not the Father but the Son of God. He too had to be reborn from above so that he coul;d be the first of many brothers reborn from above.

Hi Nick,

Jesus was born of the Father. The Father is Spirit. I'm not arguing with you scripture doesn't lie. After Jesus was baptized He started His ministry and was tempted. Ummm that brings up another question. Jesus was tempted until He was 30 years old?

Just questions I have wondered about. They have been on the back burner for awhile :)

Thanks for your reply,

IHN&L

kenrch-Ken :)

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,22:16)
    Hi E,
    You say
    “the God who was with Him was none other then God the Father and God the Son…”

So “God the Son” was with “God the Son” ?

No third person or are we back to a binity?

umm

twas brilig in the slithy tove

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 16 2007,16:48)
    Epi wrote:
    you still seem to have a penchant for asking informally fallacious questions, informal fallacies called “complex questions”….. ask direct questions please, without the unnecessary “either/or” addition which always seems to assume something that you may be assuming, but is not perhaps what the person you are asking assumes….
    I like Nick's “questions” – they stir the pot and get people thinking.

Keep asking your complex questions Nick!

questions that are complex are fine…. but questions that are complex are far different than the inform fallacy so often associated with Nick's method of asking questions which often commit the fallacy “complex question”…..:

“This fallacy occurs when a single question that is really two (or more) questions is asked, and a single answer is illegitimately applied to both.

Examples:

1. Have you stopped beating your wife?

* If you answer, “yes,” then you are trapped into the implication that you have beaten your wife in the past;
    * If you answer “no,” then you are trapped into the implication that you are still beating your wife!
    * This is really a disguised form of two separate questions: 1) Have you beaten your wife in the past? and, 2) if so, have you stopped now?
    * Resolution: Expose the trap as really two questions posed to look as one.

2. You should support home education and the God-given right of parents to raise their children according to their own beliefs.

* You are asked to agree to both propositions, when you could choose one, either but not both, or perhaps both.

3. Do you support freedom and the right to bear arms?

4. Are you going to be a good little boy and eat your hamburger?

5. Have you stopped using illegal sales practices?

Note: A “leading question” is one that begs the question of its truth. It is common in law courts. For example:

1. Tell the court, Mr. Jones, whether on April 9th at approximately 7:25 pm you did see the defendant shoot the deceased?

This is a leading question since the answer will be used to corroborate the idea that the defendant did indeed shoot the deceased, whereas a more straighforward (and honest) question would be, “Tell the court, Mr. Jones, what did you see on April 9th at 7:25 pm? – This example from Hurley (156).

Proof: Identify the two propositions illegitimately conjoined and show that they are not necessarily logically connected.

References:
    Cedarblom and Paulsen: 86, Copi and Cohen: 96″

that is what I object to… not the asking of difficult questions…

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 16 2007,20:29)

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:05)
    can you say…. “red herring”…?

goooood… I knew you could…. lol

Good to see you back here again e-man, and as delightfully obstreperous as always too I see….

hey there :) .. ALWAYS great to see you as well!!

I came, I saw, I was obstreperous…. my job here is…. ok well… my job may not be finished here ever…. but you get the point 😉

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,16:51)

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,15:54)

blessings,
    Ken

Hi E,
    Is not the Son of God amazing?
    But you should not confuse him with the greater ONE, the God who begat him.

you are either being intentionally deceitful, or intentionally avoiding the very simple straightforward question…. please Nick, answer the question….

blessings,
    Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Epi,

Thanks for the whole “question” lesson. It was good, and very interesting :)

I'll pay attention more to questions now……

But I still think some of the questions Nick throws out are just to get us thinking (and posting).

Not3in1
    Participant

Isaiah,

I went right to Hebrews 1:3 to check out essence…..

What I found was that Jesus is God's representative. This has always been interesting to me. Because to be someone's representative (albeit “exact” representative), you are still ONLY the representative of that person – you are not that person. To represent someone is to act in their stead. That is what Jesus was doing here on earth – acting in God's stead.

Jesus also radiates God's glory as the one and only Son of God. God has all glory – he is God – he rules from heaven. I can't imagine the throne room, can you? It must contain some of the prettiest colors we have ever seen. The glory must be breathtaking, for lack of a better way to describe it. Jesus, as God's son, will certainly “reflect” some of the glory that he was given as the Son. That makes perfect sense to me.

What this verse doesn't say, is that as the second person of the triune God – Jesus is equal with God in essence. It does not. It says, Jesus represents that essence. Am I wrong?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ April 17 2007,02:06)

Hi kenrch,
    You ask
    “Now someone explain to me why the son of God had to receive the Holy Spirit when baptized? “
    Because he did not have that Spirit. That Spirit is the Spirit of the Father and he is not the Father but the Son of God. He too had to be reborn from above so that he coul;d be the first of many brothers reborn from above.

Hi Nick,

Jesus was born of the Father.  The Father is Spirit.  I'm not arguing with you scripture doesn't lie.  After Jesus was baptized He started His ministry and was tempted.  Ummm that brings up another question.  Jesus was tempted until He was 30 years old?

Just questions I have wondered about.  They have been on the back burner for awhile :)

Thanks for your reply,

IHN&L

Hi kenrch,
    Were you tempted before that age?
    He was just like us.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2007,08:43)

Quote (kenrch @ April 17 2007,02:06)

Hi kenrch,
    You ask

Hi Nick,

Jesus was born of the Father.  The Father is Spirit.  I'm not arguing with you scripture doesn't lie.  After Jesus was baptized He started His ministry and was tempted.  Ummm that brings up another question.  Jesus was tempted until He was 30 years old?

Just questions I have wondered about.  They have been on the back burner for awhile :)

Thanks for your reply,

IHN&L

Hi kenrch,
    Were you tempted before that age?
    He was just like us.

NO I wasn't tempted I didn't care! I wasn't trying to do right. I WAS CATHOLIC! In my early years I just went to a building with a lot of statues where there was this man in a long robe who gave me some words to say over and over so I could do the samething again.

Then latter one realizes it's a bunch of bunk so you stop going. Sound familiar?

Satan didn't tempt me he told me what to do! Until I repented AND baptized (the real one) and received the Holy Spirit then and only then did I realize Jesus was real.

But Jesus, born with no sin, you would think Satan would tempt Him right away. NO?

IHN&L

kenrch-Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account