Questions about Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 420 total)
  • Author

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 15 2007,17:11)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:06)
    Because it had to be God's SEED!  Excellent question :)

He he….does YHWH have DNA?

Is 1:18

True. I dont understand how some can get so far from the very basics of the Christian faith?

Laughable but sad too.

:(

Not3in1
    Participant

I see he was the Monogenes “Unique” Son of God but his birth wasnt different.

Did he not grow inside of Mary? Did he not proceed down the birth canal and was birthed a boy? How is this any “different” from the way my son was born?

Participant

Okay, i'll bite….from the top, can you give me a detailed explanation on how the conception happaned.

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:15)
    I see he was the Monogenes “Unique” Son of God but his birth wasnt different.

Did he not grow inside of Mary?  Did he not proceed down the birth canal and was birthed a boy?  How is this any “different” from the way my son was born?

N

Because his Father was God.

Hello!!! The lights are on but nobodys home!

:O

Not3in1
    Participant

Laughable but sad too.
    Laughable?
    Nice.

Not3in1
    Participant

Down-right mean!

I'm sure the Father is pleased with you tonight, WJ. Keep it coming.

Participant

BTW Not3, I don't want to appear like i'm being facteious here, I really want to know how it happaned…..how can a metaphysical entity fertilise a human woman, what were the mechanics behind the operation?….

Not3in1
    Participant

We were talking about the birthing process. The birthing process was not different. But maybe you couldn't hear me over your own sarcastic, mean voice! :(

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:17)

Down-right mean!

I'm sure the Father is pleased with you tonight, WJ.  Keep it coming.

N

Lighten up. You are so defensive. You remind me of me!

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Isaiah,
    God can provide what is missing. He provided the lamb in the OT, and he provided it in the NT. God had a Son. An only begotten Son. He chose Mary. He picked a process by which we are all intimately aware and connected to. Why would he do that if he didn't want us to understand it just as it is? It would be mean for God to say…..now Mary's pregnant…..she conceived……she gave birth to a Son…but it's really not what you think it is. That just doesn't make sense, does it?

Not3in1
    Participant

WJ – you made me laugh.

You're right. We are so much a like. That's what it is.

Participant

Yes we both agree that YHWH fertlised Mary….but how?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:23)
    It would be mean for God to say…..now Mary's pregnant…..she conceived……she gave birth to a Son…but it's really not what you think it is.  That just doesn't make sense, does it?

Do you think that, just maybe, YHWH left out some details in the Bible because they are beyond our comprehension? Would you concede this might be possible?

Here's another thought, do we even understand ourselves? How much do we really know about human ontology? What exactly is our “spirit”? And precisely how does our spirit interface with our soul?

If you have any answers for me here, I'd appreciate that also.

Not3in1
    Participant

The bible says the the Holy Spirit “overshadowed” Mary and she conceived. I believe the Holy Spirit is God, himself. Not a separate Person.

Even the language (overshadowed) brings a certain sense of dominance (as with a man and women). I believe God (who is spoken of in the male sense) provided the sperm. It included everything that a male sperm would have. It is also interesting to note that the male provides the blood-life of the ovum. Not the female egg. So, even in this way, the beauty of the plan is revealed. Jesus had innocent blood from conception. That was provided by God, himself. That is why Jesus IS God's Son. God is his Father. There is no other exlaination if you wish to believe this. Is there?

Participant

And if human ontology is mysterious to us…….

Well I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

Not3in1
    Participant

Do you think that, just maybe, YHWH left out some details in the Bible because they are beyond our comprehension?

Yes. I agree. However, when it comes to getting pregnant, and giving birth, and naming our children, and watching them grow….that is a no brainer, right? We comprehend that at a very eary age.

My son is 9 and already he knows more about sex and reproduction than I did as a teenager! Ha!

Not3in1
    Participant

But it isn't mysterious in the way you might mean. We know certain things about reproduction. In fact, we know a ton! So, the fact that Mary became pregnant with God's Son doesn't mean that everything we know about reproduction should be altered. Right?

Not3in1
    Participant

That would be like saying that God gave us a clue to who and what Jesus is by giving us an example of conception and birth. For us NOT to use our information about what we know about these basic things……well, that would be to miss the point of the lesson entirely, woudn't it?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:42)
    The bible says the the Holy Spirit “overshadowed” Mary and she conceived.  I believe the Holy Spirit is God, himself.  Not a separate Person.

Even the language (overshadowed) brings a certain sense of dominance (as with a man and women).  I believe God (who is spoken of in the male sense) provided the sperm.  It included everything that a male sperm would have.  It is also interesting to note that the male provides the blood-life of the ovum.  Not the female egg.  So, even in this way, the beauty of the plan is revealed.  Jesus had innocent blood from conception.  That was provided by God, himself.  That is why Jesus IS God's Son.  God is his Father.  There is no other exlaination if you wish to believe this.  Is there?

You might be right Not3, but who really knows?, we just aren't given any detail in the texts. And we're speaking of a procreative event where the two participants were a human woman and an infinite, supreme being. So conjecture is inevitable, I suppose. I guess my point has been made though – you gave me a very adult explanation, that required an adult's mind.

I enjoyed the discussion with you.

Blessings

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 15 2007,06:19)
    BTW Not3, I don't want to appear like i'm being facteious here, I really want to know how it happaned…..how can a metaphysical entity fertilise a human woman, what were the mechanics behind the operation?….

(Luke 1:34-35)  Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also [dio kai, for that reason] that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The angel Gabriel described the mechanics behind the operation, as you put it.

The power of the Most High GOD i.e. GOD's holy spirit would cause Mary to conceive without any male intervention.

And for that reason, dio kai; the child that she was to give birth to would be called 'The Son of GOD'.

Jesus was indeed born like every other human being.
    The difference being his conception/begettal was brought about by the power of the Most High GOD. He had no human father!

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account