Questions about Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Correction! Nick is not avoiding my question. He plans to answer it in a different forum. Thanks, Nick!

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 27 2007,14:34)
    Some good points, Ken.

P – thanks for sharing what Nick shared with you – very cool.  And yes, I would love for you to show me how to use the edit buttons (I would agree that I learned THROUGH you, but I'm not sure what point you were trying to stress?)  Because it is exactly that point (that God made the world THROUGH Jesus, that I am trying to make).  In other words, you know how to use the edit buttons.  I do not know how to use them.  You teach me.  I begin to use them.  Who actually possessed the knowledge and power to use the buttons first?  YOU.  I will only be using the buttons THROUGH the power you share with me.  WOW!  Does that make your day, or what?  Ha!

Nick – you are avoiding my question, aren't you?  I know why, too.  It's easy for us Unitarians to say things like:  God cannot die, yet Jesus died.  God cannot be tempted, yet Jesus was tempted.  God never sleeps, yet Jesus fell asleep.  And to say God is not a man, yet Jesus is a man.  It is quite another to define who and what Jesus IS.  And in fact, this is what I'm asking you to do in a very narrow sense.  Why?  Because your answer to this one simple question:  Did Jesus inherit chromosomes from Mary?  Might make you look at your view of pre-existence a little differently.  Yes?  No?  Why?  Explain, please.

Good Morning Not3in1

Im sorry did I misunderstand you?

Actually, I don't see how it proves anything of the sort.  It was THROUGH him that things were made……but how?  In other words, “how” was it THROUGH him that things were made?

That to me looked like a question about the word Through. Or did I take that question the wrong way?

Sure.. Id show you how to use the Edit buttons but Im not sure you actually want me to.. because I took your comment as sarcasm. The last thing I want to do is make it look like I know more than you, which is totally not my intention.

I will only be using the buttons THROUGH the power you share with me.  WOW!  Does that make your day, or what?  Ha!

Im quite happy to just let it go and let you figure it out for yourself if you like. I dont strive on pride. What makes my day is learning more not teaching.  But i can tell you that T8 has put up a Help Desk board so that people can learn how to edit etc. :)

Cheers

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, no, no, no! No sarcasm here……I'm laughing right now. No, we are totally on the same page as far as the “through” thing is concerned. No. I meant the “wouldn't that make your day?” to be funny – not sarcastic.

Sometimes emails and boards like this are a blessing, but sometimes, because we don't know the other personalities and can't see body language, it's easy to take things wrong. I'M SO GLAD YOU BROUGHT THIS UP and said something. Thank you! Because I was just joking with ya, Phoenix :)

Still want to teach me? I'm getting tired of cutting and pasting! Ha!

Not3in1
    Participant

Actually, I think Tim tried to help me on this quote thing, too, and I confess, I just didn't get it. I'll check the help board, too. Sometimes it's just easier to do what you know instead of learning a new thing, ya know? Lazy, I guess. Not enough time, I guess. Not used to my new laptop yet, I guess…….anyway, thanks again.

Phoenix
    Participant

Its ok Not3in1… I forgive you heaps. To be honest Im tired. I have a confession… I havent slept yet so I have been up for more than 24 hours. Self inflicted of course. Got hooked in a Christian Chat :D Im glad all is sorted now.

God bless

Hugs
    Phoenix

Oh I forgot.. yes Id love to help you out it is so much easier. I will send a pm later tonight or tomorrow.

kenrch
    Participant

How did Jehovah create “through” the WORD?

Was the WORD used when Jehovah spoke things into existence?

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The Word became flesh. Jehovah spoke and through the Holy Spirit the Word HE spoke became flesh “through” Mary?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    Good point.
    But the Word was WITH God.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,22:45)
    Hi Kenrch,
    Good point.
    But the Word was WITH God.

So how did Jehovah use the Word to create?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Is it written?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,23:31)
    Hi kenrch,
    Is it written?

So before the world Jehovah wrote everything down and the Word's He wrote down created everything?

Gen 1:3 And God said,[wrote???] Let there be light: and there was light.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

Not3in1
    Participant

Jesus is divine but not God, himself incarnate.

God begets God – OK, fair enough. Man begets man – OK, fair enough. When you cross God with a man, what do you get? A divine man.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Not3in1,

You believe that God begets God? That's great. Hallelujah!

Um, do you believe in the pre-existence of the Son/Word before He became flesh? So He was God (John 1:1) before He became flesh? If you believe this, again, wow, I'm really happy. What happened when He became flesh we can discuss later. But this alone I'm very happy to hear.

:) :) :)
    Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, but Tim, don't get too excited…….God did not “beget” all by himself. If he did, then Jesus would be 100% God, right? But we know this did not happen.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Not3in1,

Could you please explain? What do you think the origination/nature of the Son/Word is?

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I just posted this on another board, but, I believe that Jesus is the literal Son of God. I believe he existed “with” God, and “was” God only in the form of a plan/hope, and ultimately as the “seed” that was provided by God – in Mary. Jesus is therefore a product of both his parents, just like you and I are.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Not3in1,

Ok, I think I understand now. Thanks,

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

I know my belief about this is far too simple for most. Usually people say what you just said, “OK, ….thanks” and that is the end of that. And that is OK with me. But I wonder….is it that my belief is too simple, or that there isn't anything to debate? Scripture is pretty simple when taken for face value. A son is a son. How do we produce a son? Man and women get together, right? Well, God and women got together and what happened? Anything different? Yes……God begets God, while Man begets Man……crossed….you have a divine man. A new race. One that we are adopted into. Praise God.

What, if anything, is wrong with this view?

Tim2
    Participant

Not3in1,

I already posted I didn't want to argue more about this today, but I think there are an awful lot of Scriptures that affirm His preexistence. I think you have a hard case in trying to show He wasn't a person then.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim2, you're funny. I've seen you “argue” up a storm with Nick and others. Why are you tired of arguing with me when we have exchanged only a half dozen posts? I think it might be the subject matter?

I would agree to a debate with you regarding pre-existence and the PROOF surrounding whether or not Jesus was a “person” prior to his birth. The weight of evidence would fall on you, Tim. What is written is pretty clear. You have to deduce and infer to put together pre-existence theories………pre-existence is not a thread that is woven throughout the bible.

I'm really sorry you feel like we are arguing. I've been enjoying this interaction with you. For once you are not condeming me and telling me I'm not saved. :) I think we actually might learn something from one another on this subject.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account