Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2008,22:37)
    Hi tow,
    Are you serious?
    Do you think anyone should share their precious walk with the Lord with You?
    Your spectacular abuse of God, His servants and His precious words makes you an endangered species.
    No one would be foolish enough to offer a spiritual oaf such as yourself anything more valuable than Harry Potter's latest book
    and that too would be questionable.

Yes I'm serious. Are the miracle workers forbidden to work their miracles? Or do they do it in secret and like Jesus command them to “tell no one”? But wait, that never worked because they always told other people.

Get real Nick, you're just making excuses now. Just admit that no one is actually able to do the works Jesus did, certainly not greater ones. It won't kill you.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,03:00)
    Hi,

Who would entrust treasures to those who respect nothing?
    Why should we help them to trample them underfoot?
    They should take their hatred of God elsewhere.

Your fear is showing. You might want to reign it in a bit.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,03:00)
    Hi,

Who would entrust treasures to those who respect nothing?
    Why should we help them to trample them underfoot?
    They should take their hatred of God elsewhere.

How do I hate G-d? Because I point out the fallacy of Jesus? Well, you've not been able to show where he matches the description of the real King Messiah, so why should I believe he was? Until then, he is a false messiah, plain and simple.

Or do I hate G-d because I don't fully believe that the words written by men are truly of G-d? That's reality Nick. Men did write the bible, not G-d. If G-d had truly written the bible, nobody would be able to find a single conflict in it. Not a real one in any case. Yet it is full of conflicts and contradictions.

Rather, my view of G-d is more healthy than yours. I believe and worship a benevolent G-d who created all. He is not into having people kill each other. My G-d creates, your god destroys and torments.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow
    “Sure. At this point I see very little value in Christianity besides watching for entertainment. Do you have a Pay-per-view channel for faith healings and exorcisms? “

Go elsewhere for your entertainment.
    Harry Potter has a new film out.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,11:38)
    Hi Tow
    “Sure. At this point I see very little value in Christianity besides watching for entertainment. Do you have a Pay-per-view channel for faith healings and exorcisms? “

Go elsewhere for your entertainment.
    Harry Potter has a new film out.

Already saw it. It was the worst one of all of them. I think I might watch them again and think “I wonder if a Christian could do that. Nah”.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 16 2008,12:31)
    Gee, I don't know. But they don't brag about an indwelling of the holy spirit, which is supposed to unite believers. Real life refutes this most fallacious claim.Real life refutes this most fallacious claim.

I wonder myself if you hold some doubt about this statement you made, here.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 16 2008,18:38)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 16 2008,12:31)
    Gee, I don't know. But they don't brag about an indwelling of the holy spirit, which is supposed to unite believers. Real life refutes this most fallacious claim.Real life refutes this most fallacious claim.

I wonder myself if you hold some doubt about this statement you made, here.

No, why should I? Can you show me much unity in Christendom?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    What is christendom?
    Is it relevant?

political grouping?
    No relationship to Jesus

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,20:28)
    Hi tow,
    What is christendom?
    Is it relevant?

political grouping?
    No relationship to Jesus

Truly? Then you are alone in a sea of confusion where everyone is free to make their own beliefs.

Sorta like me, wouldn't you say?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You should not confuse a large political religious group with those few who follow Jesus.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,20:40)
    Hi tow,
    You should not confuse a large political religious group with those few who follow Jesus.

So are you saying you are among the few? You do know that others make that same claim, right? WJ would say you are following a different Jesus. Who is right? You?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    I am sorry you are so confused.
    It is the fate of natural men yet to see the light of Christ.
    But if you would repent and be reborn from above we could share the path.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,20:47)
    Hi tow,
    I am sorry you are so confused.
    It is the fate of natural men yet to see the light of Christ.
    But if you would repent and be reborn from above we could share the path.

I ma not confused. I know Jesus is a false messiah. End of confusion. You think he is, and then go on to argue with WJ on whether Jesus is G-d or not. really, who is confused here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You will remain in confusion till you see and mourn for the one who was pierced.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,21:03)
    Hi tow,
    You will remain in confusion till you see and mourn for the one who was pierced.

Thanks for reminding me of yet another conflict.

===========================================
    Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    ===========================================

It goes from “me” to “him”, 1st person to 3rd person. How does John quote it?

Joh 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

============================================
    Zec 12:10, the original, says “me whom they have pierced”, John goofs and says “him whom they pierced”.

Do you really expect people to take this fiction seriously? In any case, let's look at Zec 12:10 in context.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
    Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
    Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

============================================

Does the balance of this passage apply to Jesus? I challenge you to show me how.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Towshab,
    It was only a matter of time before you brought this hoary old chestnut out.
    Zech 12
    14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Compare Zech 14
    1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

When Christ returns God will be still within him and ruling from within his human vessel.
    It is the day of the Lord God.
    God was in him when he was killed and it was in that way God Who was rejected when the vessel of Jesus was pierced. Now true Israel will mourn for Jesus the Son of God.

Towshab
    Participant

Oh, its the old prophecy to fulfill a prophecy thing again eh? “Wait till next year!!” the losing team says.

Seriously, the idea of the second coming to fulfill all of the messianic prophecies is such a weak excuse. Yet it seems to work for Christians.

No wonder Christians are scared of Harry Potter. Harry Potter is supposed to be some type of savior, Jesus is a savior. Harry does magic, Jesus did magic. There are prophecies in Harry Potter, there are prophecies about Jesus. And as time goes, more people are believing there is more fiction than reality in the Christian GT just as Harry Potter is fiction.

acertainchap
    Participant

To a Christian such as myself, only Jesus is the true Messiah.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,15:29)
    When Christ returns God will be still within him and ruling from within his human vessel.
    God was in him when he was killed and it was in that way God Who was rejected when the vessel of Jesus was pierced. Now true Israel will mourn for Jesus the Son of God.

This is another gospel.

I do not read that God is literally/phyically IN Jesus. Nor do I read that God will be part of Jesus when he rules.

Will Jesus be like one who channels for God? This sound like a new-age teaching to me?

The bible teaches us that God will be ruling from his throne. He is the lamp and Jesus will be the light. Not the other way around.

What am I missing here?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 18 2008,04:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,15:29)

This is another gospel.

I do not read that God is literally/phyically IN Jesus. Nor do I read that God will be part of Jesus when he rules.

Will Jesus be like one who channels for God? This sound like a new-age teaching to me?

The bible teaches us that God will be ruling from his throne. He is the lamp and Jesus will be the light. Not the other way around.

What am I missing here?

Another gospel is one who does not believe in Jesus. Besides God will be ALL in ALL!

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account