Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

No you misunderstand what is written here. It is easy to get confused. We ALL do sometimes. In this instance you are. No offense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You have your habit of rushing to judgement on matters too deep for you .

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,19:01)
    No you misunderstand what is written here. It is easy to get confused. We ALL do sometimes. In this instance you are. No offense.

An easy statement to make but very hard to prove your words.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,19:02)
    Hi Tow,

And you have a habit of making empty statements with no substance. Like the one quoted here. This means nothing because as usual you have no real defense.

acertainchap
    Participant

Are you saying that the armor of God is not defense?

James 4:7

Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,11:59)
    A statement made in retrospect of failed prophecy.

And this isn't hard to prove? In this instance, you can't prove it because your statement is false.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,19:07)
    Are you saying that the armor of God is not defense?

James 4:7

Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

The devil flees because he does not exist. Very easy to say.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,12:04)

Hi Tow,

And you have a habit of making empty statements with no substance. Like the one quoted here. This means nothing because as usual you have no real defense.

Hi Tow,
    Your shallow scripture study with no basis of belief anyway makes for poor dialogue.

acertainchap
    Participant

I agree to an extent.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,19:09)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,11:59)
    A statement made in retrospect of failed prophecy.

And this isn't hard to prove? In this instance, you can't prove it because your statement is false.

Yes, because he constantly said “you”, speaking directly to his disciples. Are any of his disciples still alive?

=================================
    Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.

Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:25 See, I have told you beforehand.

Mat 24:26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mat 24:34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Mat 24:42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

Mat 24:44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Mat 24:47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,12:10)
    The devil flees because he does not exist.

That's what the devil wants you to believe.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,19:13)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,12:04)

Hi Tow,

Hi Tow,
    Your shallow scripture study with no basis of belief anyway makes for poor dialogue.

Yes yes, you've said something like this before and always you come back with your nonsense attempts at haiku.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,12:16)
    Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.

Mat 24:6  And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:9  “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:25  See, I have told you beforehand.

Mat 24:26  So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mat 24:34  Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Mat 24:42  Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

Mat 24:44  Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Mat 24:47  Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

I'm glad we are taking the time to discuss these matters.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 15 2008,12:19)
    Mat 24:34  Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

The generation referred to here is not the generation of the disciples in this time period, but of the end times.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,19:16)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 15 2008,12:10)
    The devil flees because he does not exist.

That's what the devil wants you to believe.

I guess that's why he was conspicuously absent from Tanakh.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,19:23)

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 15 2008,12:19)
    Mat 24:34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

The generation referred to here is not the generation of the disciples in this time period, but of the end times.

Typical response but no basis in fact. Had you been there back then they would have laughed at you because they were all looking for Jesus to return in their lifetime. Why? Because they were STILL looking for the promised King Messiah and all of the things that come with the messianic age. They did not experience any of that so they longed for it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Join the 2000 year queue mocking Jesus.
    The generation he lived in laughed at him.
    Better to listen to the Word and the Truth.

acertainchap
    Participant

The devil is in the OT. The Book of Genesis with the temptation of Adam and Eve, Tow.

Towshab
    Participant

I'm sure the queue mocking Jesus will grow for 2000 more years, or until the real King Messiah comes. Either one.

Towshab
    Participant

The Greek word for “generation” here is “genea”. Let's look at the first time this Greek woird is used in the GT.

Mat 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations (“genea”), and from David to the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations (“genea”), and from the deportation to Babylon to the Christ fourteen generations (“genea”).

Imagine that.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account