Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

Build on the Rock

Matthew 7:24-28

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” 28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,

Same thing for you, Tow, and anybody that doesn't obey the Lord's teachings.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 13 2008,07:26)

acertainchap,Jan. wrote:

Hi Stu,

Build on the Rock

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” 28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,

quote]

You too Chap.

Mat 19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

acertainchap
    Participant

I just said anybody, so that includes, myself, obviously.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,00:26)
    Build on the Rock

Ironic, when the rock of which you speak is invisible.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Lots of things are invisible.
    Otherwise you could see all with your eyes
    and not at least need some insight.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,19:57)
    Hi Stu,

I mean invisible in the sense of not there at all, as in the 'evidence of the unseen', which is actually an illusion.

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,17:24)
    Ironic, when the rock of which you speak is invisible.

Stuart

That's because my rock is spiritual and it is more real then what we can see with these limited human eyes of ours.

:)

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,21:23)

Hi Stu,

I mean invisible in the sense of not there at all, as in the 'evidence of the unseen', which is actually an illusion.

Stuart

Stu,

It is unseen but is there. Currently you don't know what it is. To you it is possibly a something, but it is beyond comprehension. This first substance is God to us.

Be fair, Stu.

We believe in the “samethings” existence, but to you it is not a sentient being and to us it is.

The question is Not:

Is it?

The question is:

What or Who is it.

Hi Stu,

Stuart

Stu And without God's Holy Spirit or if God is not calling you, you will not see it. You will have to wait until the millenium when all will be taught the truth and nothing but the truth, then you will see. Then you will have to make a choice when Satan will be loosed again. Then will the end come. You will either get the lake of fire or eternal life, its your choice.
    Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Towshab
    Participant

Is it true that if you get enough spirit you will see pink elephants?

acertainchap
    Participant

No it isn't. :)

Acts 5:32

32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

1 Corinthians 2:10

For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Same answer.
    Hear ye!
    Hear ye!
    If Stu can't see it it does not exist.
    If Stu cannot understand it, it is a myth.

Not3in1
    Participant

If Jesus isn't the Messiah, can you tell me what kind of Messiah the Jews are looking for? When will they know he is here?

The NT says that if someone calls out that the Messiah is in the desert we are not to go looking for him. Because of course we know how he will return – in the sky and you know the rest.

These accounts are in conflict with one another. As well, the OT says to cover your head that it is honorable to God to do this, and the NT says to not cover your head that you dishonor God by doing that. Good grief. What is a child of God to believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    The OT was written to natural men.
    The letter were written to the reborn sons and daughters of God.
    There is a difference.

Not3in1
    Participant

That makes sense.

But we are only reborn if Jesus is the Messiah and died and was raised. There is some question in my mind that he is the Messiah according to all the OT says about this “coming” Messiah. Why is everything so cryptic and unclear? Does God really want us to just play a guessing game all our lives and never know for certain? Maybe so…..I'm beginning to think so.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,15:34)
    Hi Not3,
    The OT was written to natural men.
    The letter were written to the reborn sons and daughters of God.
    There is a difference.

–Snicker–

Same G-d? The one that does not change? I guess the OT G-d was just toying with those who chose to follow Him.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,15:43)
    That makes sense.

But we are only reborn if Jesus is the Messiah and died and was raised.  There is some question in my mind that he is the Messiah according to all the OT says about this “coming” Messiah.  Why is everything so cryptic and unclear?  Does God really want us to just play a guessing game all our lives and never know for certain?  Maybe so…..I'm beginning to think so.

No, G-d does not want this, Paul and his Roman cohorts wanted people to follow their new religion. And we can see billions have done so, hook, line and sinker.

That is what you get when you actually try to marry GT with Tanakh: conflict. Its like oil and water.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    God wants men to work hard for knowledge.
    He wants them to know the Son Who brings the spirit of understanding.

Is 28
    1Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

2Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

3The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:

4And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.

5In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,

6And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.

7But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

14Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

15Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

17Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

18And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

19From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.

20For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

21For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

22Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

23Give ye ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.

24Doth the plowman plow all day to sow? doth he open and break the clods of his ground?

25When he hath made plain the face thereof, doth he not cast abroad the fitches, and scatter the cummin, and cast in the principal wheat and the appointed barley and the rie in their place?

26For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him.

27For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cummin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod.

28Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen.

29This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.
    prov 24
    1Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.

2For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.

3Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:

4And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

5A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

6For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

7Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.

8He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.

9The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

10If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

11If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;

12If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

13My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:

14So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

15Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:

16For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

17Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

Not3in1
    Participant

That's another thing –

It does appear that God “changes his mind” on occassion. He was grieved that he had made man and then wiped them all out in the flood. He decided to not wipe out the whole city of Sodem and saved Lot due to the begging of Abe, but he originally was going to wipe out everyone…..and the list goes on.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2008,15:49)
    Hi not3,
    God wants men to work hard for knowledge.
    He wants them to know the Son Who brings the spirit of understanding.

Are you the same Nick that said we didn't need to know the answers? Did someone hijack your account?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account