Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

So you DO agree that Jesus is G-d. Do you believe in Oneness then, or are you polytheistic?

Tow John 1:1 says in the beginning there was the Word and the Word was God. And the Word was with God. There are other scriptures that teaches me that Jesus is God, but not the Almighty God. I do not belief in Oneness, it has nothing to do with that. I find God as being like a Family Name which one day we are going to belong to it too, right now we belong to it in a spiritual sense. But after the millinium when Jesus gives the Kingdom back to the Father God will be all in all
    Corith. 15:28 if my memory serves me right, I am getting old and forget, never did have a great memory. Don;t have the Bible close by to check it out.
    Col.1:15-16-17-18
    Rev. 3:14

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth

Towshab
    Participant

Hi Mrs.

G-d created us in His image, but to think that any human could truly be a god is pulling G-d down to the level of man, wouldn't you say? I know people want to have a personal relationship with Him, but that is a little extreme.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,15:34)
    So you DO agree that Jesus is G-d. Do you believe in Oneness then, or are you polytheistic?

Hi,
    Tow needed to read more slowly.
    He found his work of division frustrating where there was no unity.

“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”[2Cor5]

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,22:14)
    Hi Mrs.

G-d created us in His image, but to think that any human could truly be a god is pulling G-d down to the level of man, wouldn't you say? I know people want to have a personal relationship with Him, but that is a little extreme.

Yes to think that God would pour His Spirit upon flesh is….well….”Christian”.

Act 2:17 “'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

acertainchap
    Participant

When we keep God's Commandments, His Spirit works through us…

I John 5:3 This is love of God that we keep His commandments.

Romans 8:13-14,16

13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God,

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 21 2008,23:29)
    When we keep God's Commandments, His Spirit works through us…

I John 5:3 This is love of God that we keep His commandments.

Romans 8:13-14,16

13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God,

…so says the miserable obsessive-compulsive arch-fundie Paul.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    We would not expect someone who has rejected Christ and his God to love the one who fleshed out in practical terms how to live for God-Paul. And the secret given here is that God's Spirit is what enables the reborn sons of God to produce the fruits so we must learn to recognise and to allow the gentle wind of that Spirit to lead us and we will not be controlled by the lusts of our earthy origins.

acertainchap
    Participant

Tow, I challenge you to disprove this verse…

Philippians 4:13

13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 22 2008,19:10)
    Hi Stu,
    We would not expect someone who has rejected Christ and his God to love the one who fleshed out in practical terms how to live for God-Paul.  And the secret given here is that God's Spirit is what enables the reborn sons of God to produce the fruits so we must learn to recognise and to allow the gentle wind of that Spirit to lead us and we will not be controlled by the lusts of our earthy origins.

I think fleshed-out is a bit of an understatement, don't you Nick? Rewrote for himself is more the truth. He was a miserable person and christianity is miserable as a result. What about Jesus?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Paul was a joyous son of God who lived for his hope despite his constant abuse and sufferings.
    Count the number of times JOY appears in Philippians.
    Following Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 23 2008,21:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 22 2008,19:10)
    Hi Stu,
    We would not expect someone who has rejected Christ and his God to love the one who fleshed out in practical terms how to live for God-Paul.  And the secret given here is that God's Spirit is what enables the reborn sons of God to produce the fruits so we must learn to recognise and to allow the gentle wind of that Spirit to lead us and we will not be controlled by the lusts of our earthy origins.

I think fleshed-out is a bit of an understatement, don't you Nick?  Rewrote for himself is more the truth.  He was a miserable person and christianity is miserable as a result.  What about Jesus?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Christ lived in Paul [Gal 2.20]
    Peter attested to his God given wisdom[2 Peter]
    But it is not received as wisdom by those of the world.[1Cor2]

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,05:08)
    Hi Stu,
    Paul was a joyous son of God who lived for his hope despite his constant abuse and sufferings.
    Count the number of times JOY appears in Philippians.
    Following Christ.

Paul was a Hebrew zealot who became a christian zealot.
    Zealots become tiresome very quickly, no matter what flavour they are. Just listen to an Atkins diet zealot or a scientology zealot. They are as dull and uncritical and often not the best people to look to in making choices for ones own life.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Life is short and the opportunity to serve precious.
    Paul was not writing to the men of the world but those in Christ able to absorb divine wisdom.
    No luke warm christian Paul was indeed passionate and very effective in his walk and work.
    But if we met him I think we would have been surprised at his quiet and gentle nature.

Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account