Question for Towshab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Son of Light
    Participant

Why aren't you a deist?

It seems to fit your view of God more accurately than Judaism.

What specifically makes you believe Judaism is a religion “revealed” by God?

The more posts I read of yours it seems to me (and I could be way off) that you enjoy poetically and aesthetically the hebrew scriptures but that your actually beliefs are deistic. Is this true?

Stu
    Participant

Hey! How come he gets the easy question?

Stuart
    ???

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 08 2008,20:13)
    Why aren't you a deist?

I am but I have a tendency to believe that YHVH is the closest we have to to a G-d who is part of revealed religion.

It seems to fit your view of God more accurately than Judaism.

Yep.

What specifically makes you believe Judaism is a religion “revealed” by God?

Is it “revealed by G-d”? Not really. Throw away the death and destruction part (you say YHVH is an evil angel, I think in more human terms) and there are many more gems. Plus, what race of mankind has endured more than the Jews AND is still so known even though they make up a very small percentage of humanity? How could the Jews have survived like they have without G-d preserving them?

The more posts I read of yours it seems to me (and I could be way off) that you enjoy poetically and aesthetically the hebrew scriptures but that your actually beliefs are deistic. Is this true?

Yes, I am a deist.

Son of Light
    Participant

I see thanks for sharing. I thought that may be the case.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Why are you so bitter against God?
    What caused this deep darkness?

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,15:03)
    Hi Tow,

Maybe YHVH gave him his treasures of darkness.

Isaiah 45:3

I will give you the treasures of darkness

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Make sure the light in you is NOT DARKNESS
    says the one who came to take people from the kingdom of darkness into the wonderful light.

You are on reverse polarity SOL.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,15:19)
    Hi SOL,
    Make sure the light in you is NOT DARKNESS
    says the one who came to take people from the kingdom of darkness into the wonderful light.

You are on reverse polarity SOL.

What darkness am I in?

Is salvation continguent on ones view of what is canonical or if rape and murder is wrong?

You know yourself that Christ put to open shame principalities that gave the Law.

Yet you don't consider that these same burdensome agents are responible for other things often attributed to God?

What am I guilty of? Specifically, and not just in the we are all guilty sense.

Who's polarity is reveresed? Those who recognize light as light? Or those who say God tempts or God gives bad gifts or God lies or God dwells in darkness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    There is a prince of darkness.
    He can appear as an angel of light.
    He prowls around like a roaring lion seeking victims
    Such is the darkness and deception and the foolish wander his way.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,15:29)
    Hi SOL,
    There is a prince of darkness.
    He can appear as an angel of light.
    He prowls around like a roaring lion seeking victims
    Such is the darkness and deception and the foolish wander his way.

Of course he appears as an angel of light.

As he did on mount sinai.

As he did throughout many episodes of the OT.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow[ooops should be sol],
    Your paranoid presumption is too much.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,22:03)
    Hi Tow,

Are you confused? Do you mean SOL here? I have no bitterness against G-d, not even the fictional Jesus. The historical Jesus was probably just a confused fella who had a bad home life judging by his disdain for family, but that just makes him human like the rest of us wit hour multitude of shortcomings.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,22:39)
    Hi Tow,

Do you type “Tow” out of habit now?

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,15:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,22:39)
    Hi Tow,

Do you type “Tow” out of habit now?

I almost fell out my chair laughing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,15:43)

Hi Tow,

Are you confused? Do you mean SOL here? I have no bitterness against G-d, not even the fictional Jesus. The historical Jesus was probably just a confused fella who had a bad home life judging by his disdain for family, but that just makes him human like the rest of us wit hour multitude of shortcomings.

Hi Tow,
    No you have rejected the scriptural basis of faith.
    If that was all then you would be one of many who never found the fountain of life..
    But with nothing to gain and nothing to back yourself you come here to damage the faith of the little ones.
    That speaks of a pretty deep grudge.

Son of Light
    Participant

Tow,

do you believe in the flood? What do you make of all the universal flood stories from around the world and from supposedly isolated cultures?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,00:53)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,15:43)

Hi Tow,

Hi Tow,
    No you have rejected the scriptural basis of faith.

Sorry, but faith based on words on paper is a hollow faith. The life insurance policy written on paper won't keep me from dying, nor will the words written in the bible “save” me.

If that was all then you would be one of many who never found the fountain of life..

The fountain of life comes from the bible? Even the bible disagrees with you.

Psa 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.

David knew who the fountain of life was. He knew while he was a shepherd in the fields. David didn't need to carry a bible around with him to reassure himself.

But with nothing to gain and nothing to back yourself you come here to damage the faith of the little ones.
    That speaks of a pretty deep grudge.

I am not come here to damage real faith. Real faith should be able to stand up to what I present. Shallow faith with no foundation however will likely falter. I don't apologize for that though because I see Christianity as a false religion that detracts from G-d.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 09 2008,04:10)
    Tow,

do you believe in the flood? What do you make of all the universal flood stories from around the world and from supposedly isolated cultures?

Don't you find that odd in itself? If Noah and his family were the only survivors, how did the other religions have their own survivors? In any case, there are many oddities in fossil records that strongly point to some worldwide flood.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,21:17)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 09 2008,04:10)
    Tow,

do you believe in the flood?  What do you make of all the universal flood stories from around the world and from supposedly isolated cultures?

Don't you find that odd in itself? If Noah and his family were the only survivors, how did the other religions have their own survivors?  In any case, there are many oddities in fossil records that strongly point to some worldwide flood.

Pardon the crudity, but that's bollocks. What flood? There are good reasons to think there has been flooding through the Strait of Gibraltar into the Mediterrannian, and through the Bosphorus into the Black Sea, but the worldwide flood is a myth and the writings on 'flood hydrology' of creationists like Henry Morris would be most useful if you ran out of lavatory paper. His desriptions for example of how fossils and sediments sorted themselves out into different layers during the alleged flood are a complete joke, and are obviously wrong to any layperson who has the fortitude to read it, for example the sorting of fossil remains by size gives a mixture of species through the geologic column, but not the sequences of species through time that are actually observed.

Your point about survivors is a good one – the Egyptian and Mesopotamian cultures date from before the alleged date of the flood.

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

I haven't really researched it that much to be honest Stu. Why? Cause it means nothing to my personal every day life. The difference between you and me? I believe in a G-d, you don't. Beyond that, you and I are fellow humans (though you are rather ugly according to your avatar).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account