• Author
    Beloved
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 18 2009,16:15)

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 18 2009,11:13)

Quote (Cindy @ Sep. 02 2009,03:00)

Quote (david @ Aug. 31 2009,10:26)
    New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967, Vol. XI, p. 1034) acknowledges:

“In the final analysis, the Catholic doctrine on purgatory is based on tradition, not Sacred Scripture.”

“The church has relied on tradition to support a middle ground between heaven and hell.”
    —U.S. Catholic, March 1981, p. 7.

“What goes on in purgatory is anyone’s guess.”—U.S. Catholic, March 1981, p. 9.

We could always ask Dante.

A David did you know that the Priest will except money for their prayers and a Mass
    for the death.  I always thought that was odd, to say the least.  I wonder if they still do so?  But when we belonged that is what they did.
    For all those poor Souls in  Pergatory!!!!
    Irene

I heard about that. That's messed up! No where in the bible does it even say to pray for the dead. =\ I mean, that doesn't even make any sense. They're already dead. They had their chances to make things right. It's over for them and that's that.

You should pray for the living and those around you. THEY are the ones that people should be focusing in because they still have days to live, decisions to make, experiences, and chances.

I agree though I hope the dead chose right though in some cases I fear they did not.  Never the less, God is just!

I know what you mean.

God gave us free will and honors our choices.

And where we end up is the consequence of what we choose for ourselves.

Viewing 61 post (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account