Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,23:27)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:36)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:27)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:21)
    Hi Stuart,

So their unprofessional analysis is acceptable to you(because you agree),
    but mine is not, even though I know more about the subject matter.

You have demonstrated that you do not know more about the analysis of this material than others.  Actually you have admitted that in the past.  You said you had not submitted your numbers to professional statisticians.  So it is a bit rich that you criticise others as “unprofessional”.  

Are you claiming that you are a professional in numerology?

That is like claiming to be an expert in fairies.  It would be credible to be an expert in why people believe in fairies, but not to be an expert in the fairies themselves.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Once again 'you' are illustrating 'a' FLAW in 'your' thinking.
    I will illustrate how for you, perhaps then you might gain insight.

The answer to your question is not no.
    This answer does not affirm the opposite!
    This is the kind of faulty logic you are presenting.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

You would be making the mistake of thinking that a provisional conclusion is a statement of absolute truth.  It is not.  I can live with uncertainty and analyse the world according to the most probable explanations.

The problem is that you are trying to depict the world in dichotomous terms, when the more useful way to view it is by probability and uncertainties.

The likelyhood of the existence of your God is not zero, but it is so close to zero that it is reasonable to carry on as if it doesn't exist.  In your way of thinking, there is no possibility that other gods exist, only your god.  You cannot know that as a certainty, in fact you even call it a faith position.  If you were to use the word probability then your god would become an absurdity for you because you are not expressing faith in it.  That is an intellectually dishonest way of looking at things, in my opinion, especially when you claim as often as you do to have evidence.  

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The world 'you' live in is a dichotomy; and as such is a LIE!
    I live in the renewed Heaven and Earth where God most certainly exists.
    It is probable you don't know what your talking about based on your many uncertainties.
    Matt.7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (2Tm.2:13)

Get back to us Ed when you have learned what a dichotomy is.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,07:46)
    Hi Edj

Stu and his kind are what the Scriptures warns us about.

These are the people who win high awards for misleading the whole inhabited earth – sons of Satan. They receive their reward early and pay for their pleasure with eternal death.

They cannot be persuaded – these are no “Idi Amin” (Last King of Scotland – the film!) that they can say “I knew you were right – But YOU Did not persuade me!”

Do you think it is ethical for a religious belief system to instill such paranoia in its adherents?

Maybe the paranoia and fantasy supernatural conspiracies are a necessary for remaining deluded.

You appear not to have thought about the absurdity of thinking that others are satan talking. Would you believe me if I said there is no such thing as satan? Would you believe me if I said I worshipped satan? Do you see the absurdity?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,07:56)
    I see you addressed a question or two to me – What were they again – I don't always have time to waste with Insentients so i missed what you were blithering on about and seeking Proof for something or other.

What is it you want me to Prove – I won't be able to prove it but you can't DISprove it either – whatever it is.

But you will feel the effect of your disapproval of the notion of it – what ever it is?

Oh, by the way, your writing is getting desperate … your 'undertones' are beginning to show…

I note that you are a mod on this site. If you want credibility in that role perhaps you should be paying a bit more attention to detail. Why don't you go back and read, and answer the questions. Otherwise have a go at asking us whether we consider you convincing. Can you defend your belief system? It is easy to make up names to call people, but more difficult to really stand up for what you believe. Although you could bluster your way through with trivia, it is up to you to show us that you have substance.

Do you?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,08:24)
    Ah, Stu pot,

“You are a worthy adversary” as Moriarty says of Sherlock Holmes.

You are “a God”, “a Mighty One”, bestowed with power and authority from the Evil one himself, even the Fallen Prince and original serpent, Satan and Lucifer, by popular Calling/Naming (Title turned Name)

I read your tone and you are indeed strong and I feel inadequate in your presence. Your delusion and “Love of the halfling Weed” has fettered your mind – the quick fix, puffed up with smoking pride (Hey Edj, I saw what you wrote ; Are you even Sleeping with this Enemy! Remember that if you lie down with mangy inebriated Science dogs you''ll wake up with Irrational fractional Fleas!)

hey, Stu, did you ever answer my question about irrational numbers?

No, I didn't think you would… Ok, here's another: What is the Square Root of all Evil [read many Evils]?

…because with posts like that you really are coming across as a lightweight who cannot address legitimate questions.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,09:48)

Ah, Stu pot,

You are “a God”, “a Mighty One”, bestowed with power and authority from the Evil one himself, even the Fallen Prince and original serpent, Satan and Lucifer, by popular Calling/Naming (Title turned Name)

I read your tone and you are indeed strong and I feel inadequate in your presence. Your delusion and “Love of the halfling Weed” has fettered your mind – the quick fix, puffed up with smoking pride (Hey Edj, I saw what you wrote ; Are you even Sleeping with this Enemy! Remember that if you lie down with mangy inebriated Science dogs you''ll wake up with Irrational fractional Fleas!)

No, I didn't think you would… Ok, here's another: What is the Square Root of all Evil [read many Evils]?

Hi JustAskin,

Don't worry, Stuart can't hurt me! (Isaiah 54:17 / Isaiah 27:4-5)
    You can easily see that I got to the pinochle of Stuarts problem!

Isaiah 27:4-5 Fury is not in me(Ed J): who would set the briers
    and thorns against me(Ed J) in battle(Isaiah 54:17)?  I(Ed J) will
    go through them, I(Ed J) would burn them together. Or let him(Stuart)
    take hold of my strength(YHVH), that he may make peace with me; and
    he shall make peace with me. (Rom.12:18 / Mathew 5:44-48 / Heb.11:40)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

What would be my motive for hurting you Ed? I am not religious, I have no reason to need to hurt anyone. I do feel a need to make people really think about what they believe. Do you find that a threat? What kind of belief system insists that thinking is a bad thing??

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,18:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,09:48)

Ah, Stu pot,

Hi JustAskin,

Don't worry, Stuart can't hurt me! (Isaiah 54:17 / Isaiah 27:4-5)
    You can easily see that I got to the pinochle of Stuarts problem!

Isaiah 27:4-5 Fury is not in me(Ed J): who would set the briers
    and thorns against me(Ed J) in battle(Isaiah 54:17)?  I(Ed J) will
    go through them, I(Ed J) would burn them together. Or let him(Stuart)
    take hold of my strength(YHVH), that he may make peace with me; and
    he shall make peace with me. (Rom.12:18 / Mathew 5:44-48 / Heb.11:40)

God bless

What would be my motive for hurting you Ed?  I am not religious, I have no reason to need to hurt anyone.  I do feel a need to make people really think about what they believe.  Do you find that a threat?  What kind of belief system insists that thinking is a bad thing??

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If you consider that my response was to JustAskin, you can
    see he is the one concerned with my “Spiritual” safety.
    I said to him: “Don't worry, Stuart can't hurt me”

This dichotomy of My God vs. no God is your truth.
    The FACTS can ONLY substantiate one position,
    because both ideas CANNOT possibly be true!

For you to try to convince someone of something
    you are unsure of yourself is clearly an effort in futility.
    How can you possibly consider this position to be truth?

That's like saying: 'if I don't know the answer to something nobody else can possibly know it either'.
    This is the position you push with your no god assertion, can you not see this is being very narrow minded?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,19:14)
    Hi Stuart,

If you consider that my response was to JustAskin, you can
    see he is the one concerned with my “Spiritual” safety.
    I said to him: “Don't worry, Stuart can't hurt me”

This dichotomy of My God vs. no God is your truth.
    The FACTS can ONLY substantiate one position,
    because both ideas CANNOT possibly be true!

For you to try to convince someone of something
    you are unsure of yourself is clearly an effort in futility.
    How can you possibly consider this position to be truth?

That's like saying: 'if I don't know the answer to something nobody else can possibly know it either'.
    This is the position you push with your no god assertion, can you not see this is being very narrow minded?

My “no god” assertion (and indeed it is an assertion on my part) is as exactly as “narrow-minded” as your “god” assertion. There is no difference between them.

Usually I don't do the “no god” assertion though. Normally I say that I believe it is almost certainly true that are no such things as gods. That is a very different statement, because I acknowledge that I cannot prove that there are no gods, just as you cannot prove there is a god (don't forget you have never explained how your numerology is proof for a god!).

The two positions of “there is a god” and “there is no god” are a dichotomy, but you seem to be suggesting that I believe both can be true at the same time. I believe either one or the other is true, not both, but I cannot know for certain which one IS true. I recon the chance of you being right is less than 1 in one million billion. I do think there is a tiny chance you could be right. Do you think there is a tiny chance I could be right? Even though you cannot prove anything?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

This “spiritual hurting” that people apparently do to one another: is this another religious fantasy idea? Does it actually hurt, or is it a bruised ego that we are considering here? Or is it that those who perpetrated mythology built into it a new way of being vulnerable in order to shut out questions?

If I went to the doctor and complained I had been hurt spiritually, should he consider me for psychological assessment?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,19:54)
    My “no god” assertion (and indeed it is an assertion on my part) is as exactly as “narrow-minded” as your “god” assertion.  There is no difference between them.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The difference is ONLY one position can be correct!
    And I know with certainty that my position is the correct one.
    I have an abundance of circumstantial evidences proving my God's existence.
    And all you have is a clanking bell of a voice that says you consider my facts ambiguous.

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

The two positions of “there is a god” and “there is no god” are a dichotomy, but you seem to be suggesting that I believe both can be true at the same time.  I believe either one or the other is true, not both,  but I cannot know for certain which one IS true.  I recon the chance of you being right is less than 1 in one million billion.  I do think there is a tiny chance you could be right.  Do you think there is a tiny chance I could be right?  Even though you cannot prove anything?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If there is something hidden under a hat,
    you would only have a tiny chance of being right about what it is.

But if I looked under the hat: you saying I have the tiniest chance of being right would be false.

This is the Position and the certainty of my God!
    But at least you admit there's the tiniest chance I could be right.

The dichotomy is: I couldn't say the same about your position, because YHVH does in fact exist!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,19:59)
    This “spiritual hurting” that people apparently do to one another: is this another religious fantasy idea?  Does it actually hurt, or is it a bruised ego that we are considering here?  Or is it that those who perpetrated mythology built into it a new way of being vulnerable in order to shut out questions?

If I went to the doctor and complained I had been hurt spiritually, should he consider me for psychological assessment?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The idea can be explained as 'a fence law'.

If there is a cliff, where if someone was to fall off it would mean certain death.
    You build a fence 20 feet away from the cliff, then if someone climbs over the fence
    you yell at them to get back on the other side of the fence to insure their safety.

But there really in no danger unless they actually fall off the cliff; do you understand?

God bless
    Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:04)

My “no god” assertion (and indeed it is an assertion on my part) is as exactly as “narrow-minded” as your “god” assertion.  There is no difference between them.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

And all you have is a clanking bell of a voice that says you consider my facts ambiguous.

Ed J

You take a position of certainty on the basis of circumstantial evidence? I hope you never get called as a juror.

We have already shown you that your numbers actually have nothing special about them at all, and that is what you are basing your certainty upon?

You can believe what you like. It has no substance, as far as I can see.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:15)
    Hi Stuart,

But if I looked under the hat: you saying I have the tiniest chance of being right would be false.

The dichotomy is: I couldn't say the same about your position, because YHVH does in fact exist!

God bless

As an aside, the contents of the hat is not this simple. If you were to consider the tiniest particles in the universe it is reasonable to believe that they both exist and don't exist at the same time. See Schrodinger's cat for details.

But let's assume the world is simpler than it really is. You are cheating by saying “I can see under this hat, and I'm TELLING YOU there is a god under there”.

You are making a claim but not backing it up. If you cannot show me what is under the hat then I can call your bluff. I can say “I can see under the hat too, and actually there is NO god there!”.

It would be your word against mine.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,20:26)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:04)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Ed J

You take a position of certainty on the basis of circumstantial evidence?  I hope you never get called as a juror.

We have already shown you that your numbers actually have nothing special about them at all, and that is what you are basing your certainty upon?

You can believe what you like.  It has no substance, as far as I can see.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No; but my experiences mean NOTHING to you as an Agnostic,
    only FACTS are capable of swaying your belief, not mine or anyone else's testimony.

You say 'we', do you have a mouse in your pocket?

You would be able to see the substance if you took the time to look at the evidence.
    It's similar to to the Historical record of Jesus' resurrection,
    except you would be Thomas.

God bless
    Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:23)

This “spiritual hurting” that people apparently do to one another: is this another religious fantasy idea?  Does it actually hurt, or is it a bruised ego that we are considering here?  Or is it that those who perpetrated mythology built into it a new way of being vulnerable in order to shut out questions?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If there is a cliff, where if someone was to fall off it would mean certain death.
    You build a fence 20 feet away from the cliff, then if someone climbs over the fence
    you yell at them to get back on the other side of the fence to insure their safety.

But there really in no danger unless they actually fall off the cliff; do you understand?

God bless
    Ed J

Why should I need warning? There are plenty of unfenced cliffs in the world, and I have stood at the edge and come to no harm. Do you know how I knew there was a cliff? I could see it. When I threw a stone, time passed before the falling stone hit the bottom.

The cliff you are talking about is invisible. There is no reason to believe anyone has ever fallen over this invisible cliff, and if the cliff really is there, then it was put there by an immoral god.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,20:36)

Hi Stuart,

God bless

As an aside, the contents of the hat is not this simple.  If you were to consider the tiniest particles in the universe it is reasonable to believe that they both exist and don't exist at the same time.  See Schrodinger's cat for details.

But let's assume the world is simpler than it really is.  You are cheating by saying “I can see under this hat, and I'm TELLING YOU there is a god under there”.

You are making a claim but not backing it up.  If you cannot show me what is under the hat then I can call your bluff.  I can say “I can see under the hat too, and actually there is NO god there!”.

Stuart

Ha Ha HA HA ha ha ha

Hi Stuart,

You really crack me up!!!
    I can (in essence) show you His signature.
    Then all you can do (at that point) is claim it is a forgery.
    You would not be able to argue the The signature does not exist!

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,20:42)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

Why should I need warning?  There are plenty of unfenced cliffs in the world, and I have stood at the edge and come to no harm.  Do you know how I knew there was a cliff?  I could see it.  When I threw a stone, time passed before the falling stone hit the bottom.

The cliff you are talking about is invisible.  There is no reason to believe anyone has ever fallen over this invisible cliff, and if the cliff really is there, then it was put there by an immoral god.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You're misappropriating my analogy!

You are the cliff and JustAskin wants to build a fence to protect me from you.

But I will not fall so he has no need to worry.

Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:47)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,20:36)

Hi Stuart,

God bless

As an aside, the contents of the hat is not this simple.  If you were to consider the tiniest particles in the universe it is reasonable to believe that they both exist and don't exist at the same time.  See Schrodinger's cat for details.

But let's assume the world is simpler than it really is.  You are cheating by saying “I can see under this hat, and I'm TELLING YOU there is a god under there”.

You are making a claim but not backing it up.  If you cannot show me what is under the hat then I can call your bluff.  I can say “I can see under the hat too, and actually there is NO god there!”.

Stuart

Ha Ha HA HA ha ha ha

Hi Stuart,

You really crack me up!!!
    I can (in essence) show you His signature.
    Then all you can do (at that point) is claim it is a forgery.
    You would not be able to argue the The signature does not exist!

God bless
    Ed J

Indeed I can claim it is a forgery.

But first you will need to show that it is a signature.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 09 2010,20:51)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 09 2010,20:42)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

Why should I need warning?  There are plenty of unfenced cliffs in the world, and I have stood at the edge and come to no harm.  Do you know how I knew there was a cliff?  I could see it.  When I threw a stone, time passed before the falling stone hit the bottom.

The cliff you are talking about is invisible.  There is no reason to believe anyone has ever fallen over this invisible cliff, and if the cliff really is there, then it was put there by an immoral god.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You're misappropriating my analogy!

You are the cliff and JustAskin wants to build a fence to protect me from you.

But I will not fall so he has no need to worry.

Ed J

OK, I see. I thought you were talking about a different cliff analogy.

Well if you have a brain and a capacity to analyse what I write, then of course you can protect yourself from whatever threat I represent.

Of course what more protection should you need? I don't have Imaginary Friends (despite the ones JustAskin thinks I have) and you have the so-called creator of the universe as your Imaginary Friend. JustAskin must be really paranoid is he is worried that I present a threat to you.

Actually I think he is just quite insecure in his own beliefs.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,

Have you ever considered that YOU don't actually exist? That you are a figment of your own imagination – in your own non-existent dimension?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account