Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,21:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,21:39)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,21:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,21:26)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,21:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,20:35)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,19:42)
    JustAskin

You would think there would be ONE piece of unambiguous evidence to support this statement, wouldn’t you.  But there isn’t.  What is more, you just carry on with the broken record without addressing the variety of relevant points I have made to you.  You could do no better than this to shout your insecurity in this belief system that has hijacked your mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have documented the “Proof” of God's existence.
    But since it isn't a 8×10 color photo of God, you call it ambiguous?

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

I don't see why I shouldn't ask for a photograph!  Can you explain convincingly why that would not be a reasonable request, without giving the kind of pointless platitudes that t8 gave?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Asking for scientific evidence is reasonable,
    but not accepting it is unreasonable!
    This is the game your playing!

Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

Do you have an answer to my question about why you should not be expected to produce a photograph of your god?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Sure, spirit doesn't photograph; you see with Spiritual understanding!

John 3:3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
    Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5-8 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
    Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth,
    and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth:
    so is every one that is born of the Spirit
    . You cannot tell who is “Born Again” by looking at a photograph of them!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Two meaningless statements from you Ed, and five from whichever of the anonymous “John”s wrote the extract from your book of mythology.

What are you trying to say?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

What both me and John are saying is…
    You cannot see Spirit with the natural eye,
    but you can see the evidence of Spirit's effect.

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 08 2010,21:42)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,21:31)
    Do you feel better admitting they are platitudes, t8?  There is no question that they are.  I can't remember the last time you actually explained something using the kind of cause and effect argument that you are always demanding others give.

Stuart

Stu, I am talking to you on your level.

When you can demonstrate and open mind and an honest approach, then I might spend sometime doing that very thing. Until then, I will answer you in a way that shows up the flaws in your thinking.

Would you give a pig a $200 meal from the fanciest restaurant in Wellington or give him scraps that he will chew on for a long time?

But know this, that even scraps have heaps of nutrition, so don't be too offended. There is plenty for you in my answers for where you are at. And let's face it, you do come back for more and more.

About what have I not been completely and transparently honest? About what have I equivocated? At what stage have I tried to fob you off with an absurd analogy that has no meaningful content? My mind concedes the tiniest of probabilities that you are right: I am agnostic and cannot prove you wrong. Do you concede even a tiny amount that I could be right? Actually who has the open mind between us?

What flaw has there been in my thinking? Can you explain why it is a flaw? Would that explanation actually be an explanation, or would it be a fantasy religious description that is devoid of meaning as have been all of your statements about your Imaginary Friend?

There is nothing in your answers that anyone could sustain intellectual nutrition from. I am attracted by this curiosity of humans that they can attempt to bluff their way though responses to questions about their own belief systems while demanding the most exacting and detailed explanations from others. Add to that their habit of dismissing those considered and detailed explanations without any detailed counter-arguments at all.

Which is exactly what you have done in this thread.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,21:56)
    Hi Stuart,

God bless

And you think the evidence is to be seen in numerology, yet you have not analysed that “evidence” for commonplace coincidence and human intent. Actually others here have analysed it for you and shown you there is nothing special about your numbers, but like t8 you just dismiss those very valid criticisms without any detail of your own. It would be unjust for anyone to find your “evidence” believable. It is also not unambiguous, because it is evidence that the writers of scripture were very clever. It is also evidence that the writers were ignorant, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna) coordinated the whole thing. Which fantasy explanation do you prefer? The Judeo-christian god fantasy? It is no different to any of the other explanations.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:00)
    What flaw has there been in my thinking?  Can you explain why it is a flaw?  

My mind concedes the tiniest of probabilities that you are right: I am agnostic and cannot prove you wrong.  Do you concede even a tiny amount that I could be right?  Actually who has the open mind between us?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

What 'you' present is a dichotomy!
    This is the 'FLAW' in your thinking; can you not understand this?
    You have illustrated this FLAW perfectly!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:07)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,21:56)
    Hi Stuart,

God bless

And you think the evidence is to be seen in numerology, yet you have not analysed that “evidence” for commonplace coincidence and human intent.  Actually others here have analysed it for you and shown you there is nothing special about your numbers, but like t8 you just dismiss those very valid criticisms without any detail of your own.  It would be unjust for anyone to find your “evidence” believable.  It is also not unambiguous, because it is evidence that the writers of scripture were very clever.  It is also evidence that the writers were ignorant, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna) coordinated the whole thing.  Which fantasy explanation do you prefer?  The Judeo-christian god fantasy?  It is no different to any of the other explanations.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

So their unprofessional analysis is acceptable to you(because you agree),
    but mine is not, even though I know more about the subject matter.

No wonder you foolishly consider a 'dichotomy' truth.
    Only one position can be correct; NOT both!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:21)
    Hi Stuart,

You have demonstrated that you do not know more about the analysis of this material than others. Actually you have admitted that in the past. You said you had not submitted your numbers to professional statisticians. So it is a bit rich that you criticise others as “unprofessional”.

Are you claiming that you are a professional in numerology?

That is like claiming to be an expert in fairies. It would be credible to be an expert in why people believe in fairies, but not to be an expert in the fairies themselves.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:12)

My mind concedes the tiniest of probabilities that you are right: I am agnostic and cannot prove you wrong.  Do you concede even a tiny amount that I could be right?  Actually who has the open mind between us?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No flaw, Ed. The facts are dichotomous, but the belief that you cannot know with certainty whether a particular god exists or not is not a dichotomy. Neither is there a dichotomy in making a provisional conclusion that in the absence of unambiguous evidence (yours is ambiguous, remember?) there is no such thing as any gods.

You are claiming that the existence of a god and the non-existence of the same god are mutually exclusive. Why would you make non-existence an impossible property of your god? It can do anything, can't it, including not existing?!

Just ask Schrodinger how a cat can be both alive and dead at the same time…

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:27)

Hi Stuart,

You have demonstrated that you do not know more about the analysis of this material than others.  Actually you have admitted that in the past.  You said you had not submitted your numbers to professional statisticians.  So it is a bit rich that you criticise others as “unprofessional”.  

That is like claiming to be an expert in fairies.  It would be credible to be an expert in why people believe in fairies, but not to be an expert in the fairies themselves.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Once again 'you' are illustrating 'a' FLAW in 'your' thinking.
    I will illustrate how for you, perhaps then you might gain insight.

The answer to your question is not no.
    This answer does not affirm the opposite!
    This is the kind of faulty logic you are presenting.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:34)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:12)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No flaw, Ed.  The facts are dichotomous, but the belief that you cannot know with certainty whether a particular god exists or not is not a dichotomy.  Neither is there a dichotomy in making a provisional conclusion that in the absence of unambiguous evidence (yours is ambiguous, remember?) there is no such thing as any gods.

You are claiming that the existence of a god and the non-existence of the same god are mutually exclusive.  Why would you make non-existence an impossible property of your god?  It can do anything, can't it, including not existing?!

Just ask Schrodinger how a cat can be both alive and dead at the same time…

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No, the beliefs are dichotomous; the FACTS are the facts.
    Facts cannot be dichotomous; this is the FLAW in your thinking!

Facts undoubtedly PROVE the existence of GOD!
    It's your inability to correlate these FACTS that's the problem!

The dichotomy is: you admit that 'you' cannot know with certainty that God (according to Stuart) doesn't exist.
    Yet this is the position you wish to persuade others to believe; don't you realize this is illogical, bordering on insanity?

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:36)

Hi Stuart,

You have demonstrated that you do not know more about the analysis of this material than others.  Actually you have admitted that in the past.  You said you had not submitted your numbers to professional statisticians.  So it is a bit rich that you criticise others as “unprofessional”.  

That is like claiming to be an expert in fairies.  It would be credible to be an expert in why people believe in fairies, but not to be an expert in the fairies themselves.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You would be making the mistake of thinking that a provisional conclusion is a statement of absolute truth. It is not. I can live with uncertainty and analyse the world according to the most probable explanations.

The problem is that you are trying to depict the world in dichotomous terms, when the more useful way to view it is by probability and uncertainties.

The likelyhood of the existence of your god is not zero, but it is so close to zero that it is reasonable to carry on as if it doesn't exist. In your way of thinking, there is no possibility that other gods exist, only your god. You cannot know that as a certainty, in fact you even call it a faith position. If you were to use the word probability then your god would become an absurdity for you because you are not expressing faith in it. That is an intellectually dishonest way of looking at things, in my opinion, especially when you claim as often as you do to have evidence.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:49)
    Hi Stuart,

The dichotomy is: you admit that 'you' cannot know with certainty that God (according to Stuart) doesn't exist.
    Yet this is the position you wish to persuade others to believe; don't you realize this is illogical, bordering on insanity?

God bless

No Ed, facts can be dichotomous. The fact of the existence of a god and the fact that it does not exist are dichotomies. Neither of these are actually facts, because they cannot be determined.

There are no other facts that make the existence of a god or its non-existence into facts: there is no such thing as proof, except in mathematics, (and numerology itself is not mathematics!).

My position of uncertainty is not a dichotomy. I think you should review your understanding of the definition of this word.

Making provisional conclusions about the world is not insanity, for example it is the basis of every medical diagnosis and treatment. Would you like to give all that up because its basis borders on insanity, in your view?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,22:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:36)

Hi Stuart,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You would be making the mistake of thinking that a provisional conclusion is a statement of absolute truth.  It is not.  I can live with uncertainty and analyse the world according to the most probable explanations.

The problem is that you are trying to depict the world in dichotomous terms, when the more useful way to view it is by probability and uncertainties.

The likelyhood of the existence of your God is not zero, but it is so close to zero that it is reasonable to carry on as if it doesn't exist.  In your way of thinking, there is no possibility that other gods exist, only your god.  You cannot know that as a certainty, in fact you even call it a faith position.  If you were to use the word probability then your god would become an absurdity for you because you are not expressing faith in it.  That is an intellectually dishonest way of looking at things, in my opinion, especially when you claim as often as you do to have evidence.  

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The world 'you' live in is a dichotomy; and as such is a LIE!
    I live in the renewed Heaven and Earth where God most certainly exists.
    It is probable you don't know what your talking about based on your many uncertainties.
    Matt.7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (2Tm.2:13)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,23:01)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,22:49)
    Hi Stuart,

God bless

No Ed, facts can be dichotomous.  The fact of the existence of a god and the fact that it does not exist are dichotomies.  Neither of these are actually facts, because they cannot be determined.  

There are no other facts that make the existence of a god or its non-existence into facts:  there is no such thing as proof, except in mathematics, (and numerology itself is not mathematics!).

My position of uncertainty is not a dichotomy.  I think you should review your understanding of the definition of this word.

Making provisional conclusions about the world is not insanity, for example it is the basis of every medical diagnosis and treatment.  Would you like to give all that up because its basis borders on insanity, in your view?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

FACTS most assuredly can be determined; that is why they are called FACTS!
    You illustrate 'your' false truth dichotomy(once again), you wish others to buy into.

The flaw in your thinking is trying to convince people
    that are certain of YHVH's existence, to consider he may not.
    You admittedly are are uncertain of this position, yet try to reason it as practical.
    A doctor would diagnose this persistence (of yours) as bordering on insanity, such pursuit is folly. (Prob.18:13)

I believe with certainty YHVH exists and to persuade you (based on evidence) is a normal course in rational thought!

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Edj

Stu and his kind are what the Scriptures warns us about.

These are the people who win high awards for misleading the whole inhabited earth – sons of Satan. They receive their reward early and pay for their pleasure with eternal death.

They cannot be persuaded – these are no “Idi Amin” (Last King of Scotland – the film!) that they can say “I knew you were right – But YOU Did not persuade me!”

JustAskin
    Participant

Just been reading some of the backpost in this thread

– Boy Stu is one tough cookie …

– I would even go as far as to say: “The FARCE is strong with this one!” (Darth Vader – Star Wars ep 1 – “the Lost Hope” – is that what it was called?)

Stu pot, I see you addressed a question or two to me – What were they again – I don't always have time to waste with Insentients so i missed what you were blithering on about and seeking Proof for something or other.

What is it you want me to Prove – I won't be able to prove it but you can't DISprove it either – whatever it is.

But you will feel the effect of your disapproval of the notion of it – what ever it is?

Oh, by the way, your writing is getting desperate … your 'undertones' are beginning to show…

JustAskin
    Participant

Ah, Stu pot,

“You are a worthy adversary” as Moriarty says of Sherlock Holmes.

You are “a God”, “a Mighty One”, bestowed with power and authority from the Evil one himself, even the Fallen Prince and original serpent, Satan and Lucifer, by popular Calling/Naming (Title turned Name)

I read your tone and you are indeed strong and I feel inadequate in your presence. Your delusion and “Love of the halfling Weed” has fettered your mind – the quick fix, puffed up with smoking pride (Hey Edj, I saw what you wrote ; Are you even Sleeping with this Enemy! Remember that if you lie down with mangy inebriated Science dogs you''ll wake up with Irrational fractional Fleas!)

hey, Stu, did you ever answer my question about irrational numbers?

No, I didn't think you would… Ok, here's another: What is the Square Root of all Evil [read many Evils]?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,08:24)
    Ah, Stu pot,

“You are a worthy adversary” as Moriarty says of Sherlock Holmes.

You are “a God”, “a Mighty One”, bestowed with power and authority from the Evil one himself, even the Fallen Prince and original serpent, Satan and Lucifer, by popular Calling/Naming (Title turned Name)

I read your tone and you are indeed strong and I feel inadequate in your presence. Your delusion and “Love of the halfling Weed” has fettered your mind – the quick fix, puffed up with smoking pride (Hey Edj, I saw what you wrote ; Are you even Sleeping with this Enemy! Remember that if you lie down with mangy inebriated Science dogs you''ll wake up with Irrational fractional Fleas!)

hey, Stu, did you ever answer my question about irrational numbers?

No, I didn't think you would… Ok, here's another: What is the Square Root of all Evil [read many Evils]?

Hi JustAskin,

Don't worry, Stuart can't hurt me! (Isaiah 54:17 / Isaiah 27:4-5)
    You can easily see that I got to the pinochle of Stuarts problem!

Isaiah 27:4-5 Fury is not in me(Ed J): who would set the briers
    and thorns against me(Ed J) in battle(Isaiah 54:17)?  I(Ed J) will
    go through them, I(Ed J) would burn them together. Or let him(Stuart)
    take hold of my strength(YHVH), that he may make peace with me; and
    he shall make peace with me. (Rom.12:18 / Mathew 5:44-48 / Heb.11:40)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,07:56)
    Just been reading some of the backpost in this thread

– Boy Stu is one tough cookie …

– I would even go as far as to say: “The FARCE is strong with this one!” (Darth Vader – Star Wars ep 1 – “the Lost Hope” – is that what it was called?)

Stu pot, I see you addressed a question or two to me – What were they again – I don't always have time to waste with Insentients so i missed what you were blithering on about and seeking Proof for something or other.

What is it you want me to Prove – I won't be able to prove it but you can't DISprove it either – whatever it is.

But you will feel the effect of your disapproval of the notion of it – what ever it is?

Oh, by the way, your writing is getting desperate … your 'undertones' are beginning to show…

Hi JustAskin,

This Post illustrates you understand 'the problem' with Stuarts faulty position!
    Stuart considers 'a dichotomy' truth? But a dichotomy CANNOT be truth!
    I appreciate that “you” fully understand Stuarts conundrum prison.

Psalm 69:33 YHVH heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.
    Psalm 146:7 (YHVH)Which executeth judgment for the oppressed:
    which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
    Isaiah 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from
    the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

God bless
    Ed J (Eccl.9:12-16 / Daniel 11:18)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 08 2010,23:51)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 08 2010,23:01)

No Ed, facts can be dichotomous.  The fact of the existence of a god and the fact that it does not exist are dichotomies.  Neither of these are actually facts, because they cannot be determined.  

There are no other facts that make the existence of a god or its non-existence into facts:  there is no such thing as proof, except in mathematics, (and numerology itself is not mathematics!).

My position of uncertainty is not a dichotomy.  I think you should review your understanding of the definition of this word.

Making provisional conclusions about the world is not insanity, for example it is the basis of every medical diagnosis and treatment.  Would you like to give all that up because its basis borders on insanity, in your view?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

FACTS most assuredly can be determined; that is why they are called FACTS!
    You illustrate 'your' false truth dichotomy(once again), you wish others to buy into.

The flaw in your thinking is trying to convince people
    that are certain of YHVH's existence, to consider he may not.
    You admittedly are are uncertain of this position, yet try to reason it as practical.
    A doctor would diagnose this persistence (of yours) as bordering on insanity, such pursuit is folly. (Prob.18:13)

I believe with certainty YHVH exists and to persuade you (based on evidence) is a normal course in rational thought!

Hi JustAskin,

Glad to see you understand the “Bible Truth”=117 in this Post!

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter],
    the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)

JustAskin
    Participant

Edj,

Thank you for noticing….

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account