Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 721 through 728 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 05 2010,00:29)
    Stu,
    The conversion is for your benefit, not mine, nor t8, nor David, nor anyone else.

We are trying to show you that there is more to life, life…than Science.

Science is only uncovering that which has already happened.

That which has already happened is through a controlled process which Science cannot explain, anymore thsn Avatar Man can explain how he came to be nor the artificial environment he exists in.

I don't see science as being the only thing in life, although it is the thing which has stopped you living a short medieval life and I'm not sure you really understand its significance.

What conversion? Isn't conversion the result of actually succeeding in converting someone?

If your god was on your side, or existed, you would think it would be easier to convert people wouldn't you. The whole process should be a formality if it is all so obviously true. To what do you attribute your abject failure to date? Perhaps you haven't threatened me with hellfire enough.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    Only those who seek to be converted, or who accept conversion given the option, will be converted.

It seems you require more proof than anyone in this forum can, as yet, give you.

So, then, the big question for you personally, 'Just What are you doing in this forum, i Ask'?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 05 2010,18:36)
    Stu,
    Only those who seek to be converted, or who accept conversion given the option, will be converted.

It seems you require more proof than anyone in this forum can, as yet, give you.

So, then, the big question for you personally, 'Just What are you doing in this forum, i Ask'?

I don't think there is much to be gained from asking about various individuals' motives for posting here, and I reckon a very interesting analysis could be made of your motives.

My main interest, although not only one, has been to correct some misrepresentations of science on the front pages of the site. if I remember correctly t8 did make some changes that corrected some things but of course it is mostly fatuous religious waffle.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 05 2010,17:52)

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 05 2010,00:29)
    Stu,
    The conversion is for your benefit, not mine, nor t8, nor David, nor anyone else.

We are trying to show you that there is more to life, life…than Science.

Science is only uncovering that which has already happened.

That which has already happened is through a controlled process which Science cannot explain, anymore thsn Avatar Man can explain how he came to be nor the artificial environment he exists in.

I don't see science as being the only thing in life, although it is the thing which has stopped you living a short medieval life and I'm not sure you really understand its significance.

What conversion?  Isn't conversion the result of actually succeeding in converting someone?

If your god was on your side, or existed, you would think it would be easier to convert people wouldn't you.  The whole process should be a formality if it is all so obviously true.  To what do you attribute your abject failure to date?  Perhaps you haven't threatened me with hellfire enough.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

That's an easy question: Your unwillingness to consider all the evidence!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stu
    Participant

Ed

Lying does not become you. You had no good answers to what I posted in reply you your numerology, you have not explained how BD can select words from the bible and show that there are opposite relationships as he did, and now David is running circles around you in another thread and you have no good answers for his points either.

Can you not tell when you are backing a lame horse?

Stuart

What stu said “The computer board is designed by a designer, but humans are not.”

DENIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

DENIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Stu
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Nov. 20 2010,15:48)
    What stu said “The computer board is designed by a designer, but humans are not.”

Hi there!

I guess you have no arguments if you are going straight for playground taunting noises, but welcome nonetheless!

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2010,19:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 13 2010,18:56)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2010,17:32)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 13 2010,11:56)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2010,05:45)
    JustAskin

I think I have made a pretty good case for not taking on a god delusion…

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

What case?
    We should then expect to be seeing very soon…

Stuart: 'You believe in a delusion because…'

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 10 2010,18:10)
    1. I worship satan.

Stuart

Ed J

I guess it is a case I have made over a long period of time here.

Some reasons not to take on a god delusion:

1. Many god-deludees appear to need to lie about natural history for their god.  

2. Christianity requires you accept a human sacrifice in order to live a good life.

3. Christianity requires that you tell other people they should accept a human sacrifice because there was something wrong with the way they were born the first time.

4. The Abrahamic religions insist that homosexuals are worthy of death even though there is no victim of this “crime”, and sexual orientation is not a matter of choice.

5. Abrahamic religions claim their god is not knowable, then tell you all about how it expects you to behave.

6. Christianity disengages from the long lists of rules in the OT, and does not define sin, it is up to individual opinion as to what is “ungodly”, leaving things wide open for things like the Inquisition.

7. Shall I go on?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Matt.18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more,
    that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

1. No, that's what you're doing with ‘evilution’. (John 8:44)

2. No, it's for you to live “Free” in the resurrection! (John 8:36 / John 6:39)

3. No, it's because there's something wrong with the way ‘you’ live your life. (1Cor.15:22)

4. No, neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11 / Ezekiel 18:4)

5. No, But without faith it is impossible to please him:
        for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that
        he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

6. No, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
        for sin is the transgression of the law. (1John 3:4)

1) Thou shalt have none other gods before JEHOVAH.
    2) Thou shalt not make thee any graven image.
    3) Thou shalt not take the name of JEHOVAH thy God in vain.
    4) Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as JEHOVAH thy God hath commanded you.
    5) Honor thy father and thy mother.
    6) Thou shalt not kill.
    7) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    8) Thou shalt not steal.
    9) Thou shalt not Lie.
    10) Thou shalt not covet .

7. Feel froggy jump! (Rev.16:13)

Witnessing to a world wide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

You're quite reactionary, aren't you Ed.  You have a verse for every occasion.  

What would motivate me to consider any of those verses relevant when I have just explained why the whole premise of christianity is an abomination?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I do have a verse for every occasion!

And just exactly how do you figure you did that?

Ed J

Viewing 8 posts - 721 through 728 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account