Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 29 2010,01:56)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 28 2010,11:24)
    stu

so we both have a god in which we believe ,that is my point,

like i say what is or who he is as no bearing on that we have one,

just like if we holding both a glass of beer,the kind of beer as no bearing on the fact that we have a beer,

so we are what we believe no??

Pierre

I don't have a god.  It really is that simple.  You wishing it to be true does not alter the fact.

I could believe myself to be the principle ballerina with the Bolshoi but you would only need to take one look at me to realise that me believing it does not make it true.

Stuart

stu

this is the wrong image,

you have to believe because if you do not you will commit suicide,because of your emptiness,

but it is our believes that keep all of us stay alive,

now in what we believe is were things are lay out,

this is why i say we all have a god, (this means power by wich we live,money,music,work,sex,knowledge,religion group,idols,the true God,and all the false gods,ect)

we also can believe in our self and become our own god,

Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 28 2010,18:56)

stu

just like if we holding both a glass of beer,the kind of beer as no bearing on the fact that we have a beer,

Pierre

I don't have a god.  It really is that simple.  You wishing it to be true does not alter the fact.

I could believe myself to be the principle ballerina with the Bolshoi but you would only need to take one look at me to realise that me believing it does not make it true.

Stuart

Yes you do.

The meaning of God can apply to anything that is your source or most high.

False God's include idols made by mens hands, and even doctrines made by mens minds.

Man cannot create God, but when you reject God, you are forced to make something else God because something had to be first. Something has to be the source.

Perhaps Gravity is your God and Hawking his prophet?

In the beginning was matter, and matter was with gravity and matter was gravity.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 29 2010,09:21)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 28 2010,18:56)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

Yes you do.

The meaning of God can apply to anything that is your source or most high.

False God's include idols made by mens hands, and even doctrines made by mens minds.

Man cannot create God, but when you reject God, you are forced to make something else God because something had to be first. Something has to be the source.

Perhaps Gravity is your God and Hawking his prophet?

In the beginning was matter, and matter was with gravity and matter was gravity.

In the beginning was not matter.

“Most high” is grammatically incorrect.

The highest I am aware of would be clients of local drug dealers, not that I have much familiarity with any of them.

I am not forced to make anything first. That is because I do not have an intellectual addiction that insists I believe unfounded assumptions to be literally and unquestionably true. It would be mindless to assert that all things must have causes, then to also assert that there is an uncaused god, and also fail to reply to explanations of how there could be non-divine uncaused causes.

Were one to choose gravity as a god, at least it could be demonstrated to actually exist. However I don't.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2010,06:19)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

this is the wrong image,

you have to believe because if you do not you will commit suicide,because of your emptiness,

this is why i say we all have a god, (this means power by wich we live,money,music,work,sex,knowledge,religion group,idols,the true God,and all the false gods,ect)

Pierre

This is irrelevant, vacuous nonsense. But then you are posting from a religious point of view, so it is to be expected.

I cannot find one single point that could be any kind of useful information I could apply to my own life, or is an interesting observation on the human condition.

Religious woo and blah. What is it good for?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 29 2010,23:57)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2010,06:19)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

this is the wrong image,

Pierre

This is irrelevant, vacuous nonsense.  But then you are posting from a religious point of view, so it is to be expected.

I cannot find one single point that could be any kind of useful information I could apply to my own life, or is an interesting observation on the human condition.

Religious woo and blah.  What is it good for?

Stuart

stu

something most keep you going what is it ??

even a dog or any animal is going from the inside,and wants to stay alive

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2010,19:32)
    stu

Pierre

What do you mean “keep me going”? It is the instructions in my DNA that make proteins that control my biochemistry that keeps me going. Those proteins produce chemicals that cause my brain to assert a survival instinct.

How do you think you “keep going”?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,13:34)

stu

Pierre

What do you mean “keep me going”?  It is the instructions in my DNA that make proteins that control my biochemistry that keeps me going.  Those proteins produce chemicals that cause my brain to assert a survival instinct.

Stuart

stu

it is the light of God that keeps me going,my spirit as nothing to do with my DNA,it is out of the materiel things of the world.

you are just like a animal,survival,brute force if it is required,

trust the news ,your are not alone,

Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 29 2010,16:54)

Actually in John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word) is not a reference to say that the Word is the original God but that the Word was present at the beginning of creation. The next verse says that the Word was WITH God.

I simply substituted God with the Gravity God and that left matter as being that which the gravity God acted upon.
    Feel free to change matter for something else however.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 30 2010,06:39)

stu

Pierre

What do you mean “keep me going”?  It is the instructions in my DNA that make proteins that control my biochemistry that keeps me going.  Those proteins produce chemicals that cause my brain to assert a survival instinct.

Stuart

stu

it is the light of God that keeps me going,my spirit as nothing to do with my DNA,it is out of the materiel things of the world.

Pierre

How little you understand about how your brain and body work then.

As for me, I am an animal just as you are (neither of us makes our own food by photosynthesis, so we are not plants, and I'm confident we are not fungi), I do believe in survival, I do not believe in brute force but I am sure either of us would use it as a last resort.

I suspect the worst that “Trust the news” is a cheap and amateur attempt of yours to prostyletise to me. As for “you are not alone” I realise this fact socially, but as you write it you are trying to suggest to me some celestial conspiracy theory of my importance to your Imaginary Friend.

The fact is no one has ever convinced me that there is any reason to suppose your Imaginary Friend has any existence outside your head, and in any case as we have already discussed, even if it could be shown to be real its conception represents the kind of character that should be locked up, not worshipped.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 30 2010,07:04)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 29 2010,16:54)

Actually in John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word) is not a reference to say that the Word is the original God but that the Word was present at the beginning of creation. The next verse says that the Word was WITH God.

I simply substituted God with the Gravity God and that left matter as being that which the gravity God acted upon.
    Feel free to change matter for something else however.

So in other words, whatever anyone says can just be rearranged in whatever order and it still matches what modern science says.

You highlight then another anomaly between the testaments. Amongst its fantasy talk of walking unaided on the surface of water and floods that never happened and snakes that can deliver eloquent commentaries, your scripture cannot even give a straight story on what happened in the beginning. If we ignore Gen 1:1 and go with John 1:1 instead, we make no progress at all because “word” is just an exercise in naming a religious fantasy concept that is never explained.

I'm sure the gullible are in awe of this, which amounts to abuse of the human intellect.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,18:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 30 2010,06:39)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

How little you understand about how your brain and body work then.

As for me, I am an animal just as you are (neither of us makes our own food by photosynthesis, so we are not plants, and I'm confident we are not fungi), I do believe in survival, I do not believe in brute force but I am sure either of us would use it as a last resort.  

I suspect the worst that “Trust the news” is a cheap and amateur attempt of yours to prostyletise to me.  As for “you are not alone” I realise this fact socially, but as you write it you are trying to suggest to me some celestial conspiracy theory of my importance to your Imaginary Friend.  

The fact is no one has ever convinced me that there is any reason to suppose your Imaginary Friend has any existence outside your head, and in any case as we have already discussed, even if it could be shown to be real its conception represents the kind of character that should be locked up, not worshipped.

Stuart

stu

well that s all the time i have ,to discuss with you ,and no progress as been made either side.

you are not closer to me than i am to you so be it.

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Bye then.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,11:11)
    So in other words, whatever anyone says can just be rearranged in whatever order and it still matches what modern science says.

You highlight then another anomaly between the testaments. Amongst its fantasy talk of walking unaided on the surface of water and floods that never happened and snakes that can deliver eloquent commentaries, your scripture cannot even give a straight story on what happened in the beginning. If we ignore Gen 1:1 and go with John 1:1 instead, we make no progress at all because “word” is just an exercise in naming a religious fantasy concept that is never explained.

I'm sure the gullible are in awe of this, which amounts to abuse of the human intellect.

Stuart

Interpretation for what Stu wrote.

I don't know what I am talking about. So I will just hurl a bit of abuse at it and hope it all goes away.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 31 2010,11:56)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,11:11)

You highlight then another anomaly between the testaments.  Amongst its fantasy talk of walking unaided on the surface of water and floods that never happened and snakes that can deliver eloquent commentaries, your scripture cannot even give a straight story on what happened in the beginning.  If we ignore Gen 1:1 and go with John 1:1 instead, we make no progress at all because “word” is just an exercise in naming a religious fantasy concept that is never explained.

Stuart

Interpretation for what Stu wrote.

I don't know what I am talking about. So I will just hurl a bit of abuse at it and hope it all goes away.

I didn't hurl any abuse. I pointed out how abusive Judeo-christian mythology is.

Stuart

at times one does go away with how your god determines to teach a creation the way it should be, without question.

Stuart, I am still a princess. However, fungi can be quite appetizing if prepared in the correct manner.

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,15:25)
    Bye then.

Stuart

Stuart,

how easy is it to let ones that come in and out of lives and have no effect on our lives.

i disagree with this type of behavior, there is not one person in this world that is not worthy of love, respect and understanding.

No one walks away unscaved.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 31 2010,22:18)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 30 2010,15:25)
    Bye then.

Stuart

Stuart,

how easy is it to let ones that come in and out of lives and have no effect on our lives.

i disagree with this type of behavior, there is not one person in this world that is not worthy of love, respect and understanding.

No one walks away unscaved.

I know. I assumed he was an adult and knew what he would be missing by leaving.

As for me, I am big enough to take the rejection!

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    You need to be for the amount of rejection you get from those with Common Sense. Common Sense, by the way, is euphormism for 'God Sense'…and Everyone has 'an amount' of this 'God Sense'.

Therefore, Stu, no matter how much you try to deny it, and we don't deny you the right to have a lack of faith, we just try to dissaude from the lack and into the acceptance, ..you cannot now deny, knowing the 'euphormistic definition', that you do not have God in you. The very God you call 'Imaginary'. Or maybe it explains it.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Nov. 01 2010,20:25)
    Stu,
    You need to be for the amount of rejection you get from those with Common Sense. Common Sense, by the way, is euphormism for 'God Sense'…and Everyone has 'an amount' of this 'God Sense'.

Therefore, Stu, no matter how much you try to deny it, and we don't deny you the right to have a lack of faith, we just try to dissaude from the lack and into the acceptance, ..you cannot now deny, knowing the 'euphormistic definition', that you do not have God in you. The very God you call 'Imaginary'. Or maybe it explains it.

Sometimes what is needed is uncommon sense.

Anyway, thank you for your completely point-free reply. I shall not hold my breath while awaiting any christian to actually explain anything. They never do.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Thank you also for your response.

It just underlines who and what you are.

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account