Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 04 2010,20:54)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 04 2010,20:31)
    I am just as interested in seeing what particles can be discovered as you. Whatever the outcome, it cannot disprove God.

What god?

Stuart

The source of all.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Are you in Christchurch?

JustAskin
    Participant

t8,
    Wonderful.

Stu, are you still sitting comfortably?

I think not unless you are a stubborn whatzit. But perhaps you are!

Stu
    Participant

t8

Actually your answer says it all. It shows very little understanding of reality and how we need to explain influence or change.

Why should your need to explain things in a particular way be a limit for others?

You just say it as a kind of faith statement.

As it is supported by evidence, I don’t think it qualifies as a faith statement. It is a scientific theory. You cannot disprove faith statements can you? You can disprove the scientific statement of the theory of the origins of matter, although you have not disproved it. All you have done is appeal to incredulity.

But an honest an inquisitive person would ask what makes 0 become 1?

The No True Scotsman fallacy.

Obviously the zero itself cannot explain it. There is something else that makes zero move to one and what is it?

Who said your analogy should demonstrate anything?

You do not ask such questions because you ignore reality in this respect.

You invented the question. When you can show it has anything to do with the origins of matter, perhaps there will be something to discuss. It seems you are insisting the answer cannot be something you cannot comprehend.

Think of it like this. There is no driver of a car. It is stationary. Yet somehow the car moved 1km to the north. You are kinda saying that the car was there and now it is here, whereas I am saying how did the car get there as it cannot move on it's own accord. What force moved it. Who drove the car? Did the road move from under it? In other words I am looking for an explanation to something requires an explanation and you are not. Whether it is limited understanding, bias, or ignorance, the result is the same. You are not asking the right questions

I am interested in the question of the appearance of space, time, energy and matter, amongst many things. You appear to be interested in a magic car.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 04 2010,20:55)

I am just as interested in seeing what particles can be discovered as you. Whatever the outcome, it cannot disprove God.

What god?

Stuart

The source of all.

Religious Platitude.

Yet again.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Are you in Christchurch?

No, in Wellington.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu is in a pickle with his Science theory…different from Science fact.

Stu thinks he is an evangelist for Science but he had no answers except to quote what another has written.

This shows he is no better than WJ and Roo who can only run in small tight circles respouting the few things that can actually make any sense even if not fully joined up junior school level thinking.

It is a fearful and uncomfortable thing to come into the knowledge of Truth because it means ditching the foolishness that one formally ensconched one's beliefs in.

Stu has dug himself a huge hole for what he believes is his huge head and tried t bury it…oh dear, Stu, the hole is a wee bit…no, WAY too big. Never mind, maybe some Spiritual fertiliser could be used as packing and perhaps some Spiritual realisation as nourishment will seep into your spiritually impoverished mind.

Science has it's place, but it should not overshadow the greater aspects of the Truth and Reality of Life…that we did not create ourselves and that there is a Godly purpose to our existence and the existence of the universe and all within. And the Acknowedgement of THE CREATOR, YHVH God.

Stu
    Participant

JustTellin

Stu is in a pickle with his Science theory…different from Science fact.

Are you addressing me? If so, you have been using your name and mine in the third person. There are first and second person pronouns too, you realise.

Stu thinks he is an evangelist for Science but he had no answers except to quote what another has written.

I don’t have a particle accelerator in my garden shed capable of determining what constitutes sub-atomic matter. Whether it is me describing the work of others or not is irrelevant. Science is not a personality cult.

It is a fearful and uncomfortable thing to come into the knowledge of Truth because it means ditching the foolishness that one formally ensconched one's beliefs in.

You should brace yourself for the day you ditch your foolishness then.

Stu has dug himself a huge hole for what he believes is his huge head and tried t bury it…oh dear, Stu, the hole is a wee bit…no, WAY too big. Never mind, maybe some Spiritual fertiliser could be used as packing and perhaps some Spiritual realisation as nourishment will seep into your spiritually impoverished mind.

You have a great deal of religious fertilizer to spread, by the look of it.

Science has it's place, but it should not overshadow the greater aspects of the Truth and Reality of Life…that we did not create ourselves and that there is a Godly purpose to our existence and the existence of the universe and all within. And the Acknowedgement of THE CREATOR, YHVH God.

Three platitudes and a bit that does not make grammatical sense.

You actually have nothing to say, have you. You just thought you would join in regardless of how much your voice was going to become a clanging, loveless bell in this thread.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    Please explain to me again what you mean by 'Religious Platitude', that term you seem to use almost as much as Roo uses 'Anathema' and WJ uses 'AdHominem'

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 04 2010,21:49)
    Stu,
    Please explain to me again what you mean by 'Religious Platitude', that term you seem to use almost as much as Roo uses 'Anathema' and WJ uses 'AdHominem'

Tell me your address, and I will post you a dictionary. Better still, do a Google search for an online one.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,

You discredit yourself. Do you say you cannot explain your own catchphrase.

I would have thought you would be happy to do so.

Still, what is hiddenn will be exposed, what is secret will be revealed, the inner thoughts of a man will become like a shout anda label on his forehead.

Yes, Stu, you showing you justify your new name: 'Titken Stu'

bodhitharta
    Participant

That's right Stu you should listen to JustAskin
    ask yourself why you can't think elastic
    stretch your mind see all that you lackin
    as a matter a fact why not believe that's so drastic
    you keep saying everything so uncertain
    but then you believe that you don't believe man you hurtin
    saying God is imaginary, imagine that
    So intelligent mankind why is that
    calling intelligence irrelevent creation a mishap
    is that really scientific, ask yourself that.

JustAskin
    Participant

Hey bod, big up ya!

Ding ding dong dong
    So much better in a song.
    You see me doing it many times
    For a first attempt at least it rhymes.

JustAskin
    Participant

sorry bod…you used 'that' three times, is what i meant but good effort. I love it…

JustAskin
    Participant

Bod,
    Interesting…ask Titken Stu what an 'Imaginary Number' is.

Just for you, in case you wanna know before you ask him, it's to do with the square root of a negative number and is very important in Science and mathematics. In fact some of the higher functions of maths (sorry, i'm English) cannot be achieved unless one embraces 'imaginary numbers'.

Shhh…don't let on that i suggested it to you…

Ok, you should ask me why? Why ask him?

Well, if he believes in the power of 'imaginary numbers' he then is believing in something that he calls 'Platitude' and if he can believe in that then what of 'imaginary God' and his catchphrase 'Religious Platitude'

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 04 2010,22:46)
    Stu,

You discredit yourself. Do you say you cannot explain your own catchphrase.

I would have thought you would be happy to do so.

Still, what is hiddenn will be exposed, what is secret will be revealed, the inner thoughts of a man will become like a shout anda label on his forehead.

Yes, Stu, you showing you justify your new name: 'Titken Stu'

I have already explained to you what a platitude is. Perhaps you were too drunk to notice. It is not a catchphrase, it is an accurate description of what you write. What did you think of the platitude I invented as an example? Some more:

“Preachers point the way but Jesus is the way.”

“With god you'll soar, without him you'll be sore.”

Do you find those deep? I have no idea what they mean at all.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Well BD, are you going to ask me what an imaginary number is?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 04 2010,21:14)

Are you in Christchurch?

No, in Wellington.

Stuart

Same.

We could catch up. Maybe get a coffee at an atheist cafe or something.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 04 2010,21:13)

What god?

Stuart

The source of all.

Religious Platitude.

Yet again.

Stuart

This topic is not about who is God, but that God exists or he doesn't as a response to Hawking's recent book.

So not religious platitude, just an honest answer without changing this topic.

Again you fail Stu.

Try again.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 04 2010,21:01)
    I am interested in the question of the appearance of space, time, energy and matter, amongst many things. You appear to be interested in a magic car.

And the faith required to believe that it all came from nothing.

I don't have a problem with your interest in space, time, energy, matter, etc. I have a similar interest. No, just your religion that says it all came from nothing. Your math that is trying to convince people that 0 can become 1 without any influence outside of the 0 itself. Show me the math or logic behind your theory that something can come from nothing.

So far we are yet to see your logic or proof as to why there was nothing and it became something.

Again I probably need to point out that you have failed on this point and I have rightly pointed out that if you fail, then you cannot continue to promote something based on failure unless you are happy to be associated with failure.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account