Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 09 2010,23:22)
    And what does Hominoidea (the word I used) mean?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

What does YHVH (the word I used) mean?

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stu
    Participant

Ed

Since you have not even got hominoid right, I think it is you who needs to retrieve your dictionary from the shelf.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 09 2010,23:32)
    Ed

Since you have not even got hominoid right, I think it is you who needs to retrieve your dictionary from the shelf.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Sorry, I meant “biped”.

God bless
    Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 09 2010,23:43)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 09 2010,23:32)
    Ed

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Sorry, I meant “biped”.

God bless
    Ed J

No you didn't!

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Stu.

I haven't read any recent posts at depth, but it appears by skimming over the last couple of pages that you still have your eyes covered just like your avatar.

I guess I would like to say that you seem to be proud of your ignorance. Some would consider it shameful, but the ability to not feel shame can help you to continue in your quest to put your biases on display and bury any logic and truth in that process with statements that actually have little to do with the actual points being made.

I think you are so under-qualified to actually talk about reality and what makes things possible that it is actually bordering on extremely entertaining. I mean there is a kind of fascination in watching someone make the same blunder time and time again. Deep down people sort go wow. Hasn't he figured it out yet. Why. Oh man not again.

You are such a man Stu. You have risen to that occasion. Congrats and thanks for the laughs so far. But on a serious note, you should care about your soul. After all, it is yours to lose.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 10 2010,00:03)
    Hi Stu.

I haven't read any recent posts at depth, but it appears by skimming over the last couple of pages that you still have your eyes covered just like your avatar.

I guess I would like to say that you seem to be proud of your ignorance. Some would consider it shameful, but the ability to not feel shame can help you to continue in your quest to put your biases on display and bury any logic and truth in that process with statements that actually have little to do with the actual points being made.

I think you are so under-qualified to actually talk about reality and what makes things possible that it is actually bordering on extremely entertaining. I mean there is a kind of fascination in watching someone make the same blunder time and time again. Deep down people sort go wow. Hasn't he figured it out yet. Why. Oh man not again.

You are such a man Stu. You have risen to that occasion. Congrats and thanks for the laughs so far. But on a serious note, you should care about your soul. After all, it is yours to lose.

Get back to me then when you have read some posts in depth.

Stuart

wisdom*is measured by

what, who, why, how

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    Are you real

Do you not yet realise how stupid you are showing yourself as.

You must have an iron plated constitution and no brain, or…, your latent scriptural reticence can't escape out into the world because it is blocked by your granite block peabrain.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 10 2010,07:26)
    Stu,
    Are you real

Do you not yet realise how stupid you are showing yourself as.

You must have an iron plated constitution and no brain, or…, your latent scriptural reticence can't escape out into the world because it is blocked by your granite block peabrain.

So if I was to unblock and allow scripture to flow out of my graniteblock peabrain then I would be more like a christian?

There's the problem. I don't have a graniteblock peabrain.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Crickey Stu, you mean your brain is mush…explains all then.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 10 2010,10:23)
    Crickey Stu, you mean your brain is mush…explains all then.

I don't think crikey has that middle “c” in it, does it?

That's about the most interesting thought you have provoked in me for a while.

Sorry I had to be so pedantic to find it!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Actually I'll have to take that back, I've found a few examples of people using “crickey”.

Gee this is a really fascinating conversation we are having now JustAskin…relatively speaking…

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Of course your use of “crickey” in place of the exclaimation “for christs sake” puts you dangerously close to breaking the commandment described in Exodus 20:7.

Still, I suppose Jesus came to fulfil the law and his execution means you can blaspheme all you want. After all he who was without sin failed to cast the first stone against the adulteress, so I guess you are in the clear!

Stuart

Of course your use of “crickey” in place of the exclaimation “for christs sake” puts you dangerously close to breaking the commandment described in Exodus 20:7.

I disagree Stuart, his wording of how Nick scared the 'bejesus' out of him would be more of the vain law.

Then of course it can be the individual portraying or acting out what their interpretation of what their god would be like.

One can become so convinced of this, that they do not see is what others see, they think that wisdom has a end which there is no more to attain.

Unteachable, unreasonable, illogical, self made geniuses.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 10 2010,11:47)

I disagree Stuart, his wording of how Nick scared the 'bejesus' out of him would be more of the vain law.

Then of course it can be the individual portraying or acting out what their interpretation of what their god would be like.

One can become so convinced of this, that they do not see is what others see, they think that wisdom has a end which there is no more to attain.

Unteachable, unreasonable, illogical, self made geniuses.

I bow to your royal wisdom on the subject of the most dangerous blaspheming done here on Heavennet!

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 10 2010,00:13)
    Get back to me then when you have read some posts in depth.

Stuart

I read this one.

Now what?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 09 2010,22:54)
    Humans are not the only species of great ape.  Humans, gibbons, orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees and bonobos are all members of the superfamily Hominoidea.

Stuart

So there is common code among living things and similar design has more code in common.

NOTE: Humans are also 41% daffodil I think. I can't remember the exact percentage, but it is quite substantial or big.

Some people think that common code proves that one model came from another, but it can equally prove that it was the same programmer. Even in cyberspace, programmers have a unique way of writing code to the degree that if code is found to be the same in one program compared with another from a different owner, it is likely that it was ripped off.

Anyway the point is that the programmer of the physical realm is a lot smarter than any man. I challenge any man to make a universe even one that exists in his own created space (cyberspace). I would like to see anyone write code that even created a whole cyber-ecosystem, lets say a fully functioning section of sea and reef where physical conditions change due to temperature changes and DNA from contained species becomes more or less important to adapt. Let me know when you are finished and then you can move onto a cyber-universe with no less than one hundred billion galaxies each containing about 2 billion suns, each with about 8 planets, and at least one planet with life, and don't forget to dedicate a pixel for each sand grain on each planet that has sand. When you have finished that, then let me know.

And I know what Stu will say. “Irrelevant”. And he will say this because he lacks understanding of what makes physical or any reality possible. To him it is magic. It just happened like that rabbit that came out of that hat. There was nothing and then this guy pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Wow. See something can come from nothing.

A bit like this website. It just appeared as an ecosystem for avatars to exist in. It wasn't created, and sure there is code, but there was no programmer. It just happened right?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 09 2010,06:09)

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 05 2010,04:10)
    Our tongues show what is truly in our hearts.

How True!  :)

WJ

You speak with tri-tongue.

Stu
    Participant

t8!

So there is common code among living things and similar design has more code in common.

NOTE: Humans are also 41% daffodil I think. I can't remember the exact percentage, but it is quite substantial or big.

Some people think that common code proves that one model came from another, but it can equally prove that it was the same programmer. Even in cyberspace, programmers have a unique way of writing code to the degree that if code is found to be the same in one program compared with another from a different owner, it is likely that it was ripped off.

Let me add an analogy: there is a practice in the world of mapmaking of adding fictitious sidestreets to the map as a copyright trap. If you see the street you invented in someone else’s map then you can try suing for copyright violation. Your analogy and mine match endogenous retroviruses in the human genome. Some viruses leave their genomes permanently inserted in the DNA of the cells they have infected. The amount of virus DNA identified in the human genome is as much as 8% of the total. Of course most of that DNA is not from infections suffered by the owner of the DNA but infections suffered by his ancestors, when the infections involved germ cells (perhaps a sperm, egg or zygote).

So, if there was one divine creation which was finished, as clearly stated in Genesis, then the DNA equivalent of the “unique code” or added fictitious sidestreets on the map must have been added just once in that first instance.

What do these programmer’s signatures or mapmaker’s traps tell us? There are viruses found on the same chromosome, in exactly the same location in chimpanzees and humans that are not found in gorillas. There are other viruses that are found on the same chromosome location on all three species. There are no viruses found in gorillas and chimpanzees that are not also found in humans. This means that all these species had a common ancestor, and gorillas diverged from the ancestral line before humans and chimpanzees diverged. We are not talking about a few chance instances here, this same pattern extends across hundreds of discovered virus remains across the whole of the animal kingdom. This is damning and final evidence of our common ancestry. It also tells us independently of the fossil record the order in which the branching occurred in the evolutionary tree.

Furthermore, the work of a New Zealander, Allan Wilson, gave us the molecular clock that counts the changes in the letters of individual genes, usually changes that do not make a difference to the protein made by the gene if it is a functioning one. The more differences in the letters in the same gene between two species, the longer it is since they shared a common ancestor. Wilson was able to show that the original calculated date for the divergence of chimpanzees and humans of 25 million years ago was wrong, it actually happened five million years ago. This work did not need any fossil remains at all, and was helpful because rainforests are not great environments for preserving fossil remains so that divergence in the great apes is not as well known as other ancestries are.

A biblical model must predict that the numbers of mutations in the same gene in all species would cause roughly the same numbers of mutations from a common starting point, but that is very different to what we see. What we actually find is a clear pattern of mutation that matches the common ancestry evident in retroviruses and fossil morphology.

Anyway the point is that the programmer of the physical realm is a lot smarter than any man. I challenge any man to make a universe even one that exists in his own created space (cyberspace). I would like to see anyone write code that even created a whole cyber-ecosystem, lets say a fully functioning section of sea and reef where physical conditions change due to temperature changes and DNA from contained species becomes more or less important to adapt. Let me know when you are finished and then you can move onto a cyber-universe with no less than one hundred billion galaxies each containing about 2 billion suns, each with about 8 planets, and at least one planet with life, and don't forget to dedicate a pixel for each sand grain on each planet that has sand. When you have finished that, then let me know.

The challenge of making a new universe is much bigger than the challenge of explaining how this one came to be by spontaneous processes, an explanation which we have achieved to a large degree. Each of these challenges are much more difficult than inventing a god to act as a placeholder for an explanation. That is trivially easy, and entirely pointless. The god idea itself has no explaining power at all.

Darwin explained how complexity arises spontaneously in biology by tiny incremental steps, the direction selected by the blind criterion of fitness to survive and reproduce. You seem to be requiring that there was intelligence at the beginning of the universe, but actually why do you do that? Every successful explanation we have managed to date contradicts that idea. The only reason you would assert an intelligence is because you had an assumption you could not do without. That leads to false conclusions. If there was an intelligence at the start of the universe, why does none of the data fit that idea? The data on DNA I explained above is just another example of countless processes that indicate that there was no intelligence at the beginning, but that intelligence arises by slow gradual processes.

And I know what Stu will say. “Irrelevant”. And he will say this because he lacks understanding of what makes physical or any reality possible. To him it is magic. It just happened like that rabbit that came out of that hat. There was nothing and then this guy pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Wow. See something can come from nothing.

I do not believe in magic, t8. Invisible Imaginary Friends breathing into dirt and begetting life from “not life” is magic. Doesn’t your Judeo-christian book of spells include that one somewhere in it?

This conversation I think constitutes a spiritual one. We are considering our place in the universe. Those who have defined spirituality as requiring some kind of “god relationship” are missing most of the point, I think.

A bit like this website. It just appeared as an ecosystem for avatars to exist in. It wasn't created, and sure there is code, but there was no programmer. It just happened right?

Right. Matter arose from the gravitational energy of the expansion of the universe, which burned in a star that turned supernova, the dust from which formed a planet around a nearby star, which cooled and allowed organic molecules to form that chanced upon the spontaneous formation of micelles that were able to contain chemical reactions that eventually led to the appearance of a protected molecule that could act as a template for its own copying in that “cell”, which therefore could make copies of itself by spontaneous chemical reactions, leading to mass copying of the cell and changes in the replicating molecule that meant some cells were better adapt
    ed to the environment than others, which then had added to it chance sharing of DNA and parasitic infections of one type of cell into another which led to the existence of multi-celled organisms with mitochondria that then led to plants and animal body plans and an ever diverging spectrum of animals, one of which had a chance sequence of brain expansion related to food availability which allowed development of a technological capacity that was eventually able to produce this website.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

My God!

Stuart is telling us that man knows better how the universe SHOULD have been created.

Can anyone believe the audacity of this guy.

Stuart is clearly an alien. Or is he a God above God Amighty, God's God, to boot?

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account