Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 728 total)
  • Author

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 05 2010,04:46)
    Hey Tim,
    Love the positive promotion.

Have you been around any Nerds and Geeks. They tend to have a limited range of Genius. And even then i pity the woman who marries one.
    Soldier on. Seems you want to become a geek, or was it nerd, yourself.

Don't believe me, it's not a wise choice. Most pray to become normal.

Stuart won't have children because the earth will boil away in 128,000 billion years time, so what's the point of procreating? What's the point of anything? All we learn from Science is that we gonna die in the 'near future'…'ooh, just time for another cup of tea', as one mesmerized dressing gowned apelike space travelling nerd being would have said, eh?

J,

Remember J when I told you I talk to my sister about things first before I speak them out.

She told me a story when I spoke to her in what you say to Stuart,

There was a preacher, he went to a farmer of pigs, told the farmer he would like to buy a pig, the farmer told the pastor he would give him the best price on any pig he wanted, the preacher chose the runt, the farmer ask really, I have these wonderful healthy pigs, nope the preacher said I want the scrawny puny one, so the farmer sells the pig to the preacher, then the farmer asks the preacher 'what you going to do with the pig, preacher' the preacher replies ” I am going to tell everyone this is the type of pigs you sell'.

The point of the matter of it all, even though one may call themselves blessed and highly favored, does not mean they speak for all who are blessed and highly favored.

Take care J.

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 04 2010,21:08)

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 04 2010,20:58)
    Well he may or may not need a course in reality, but I hardly think you were qualified to do so, and thus that might explain the tiredness.

Have a 8 hour sleep. When you wake up, thank God for giving you life and a will to choose.

Which god shall I thank t8?  Shall I call out to Jupiter and ask him to reveal his truth to me?  Perhaps if I am sincere enough I will get a response?

Stuart

Platitude.

Any further news on how project “convert Stu” is going?  How about project “convert Tim”?  Careful now that it doesn't backfire!

When was the project created, who is in charge, how is it done, why do we need it?

:D

*removed double quote

Proclaimer
    Participant

Actually it is not “Project Convert Stu” because if it was, I think I would have given up a long time ago.

It is project Skeptic vs Believer. A place where skeptics of all races, religions, creeds, and genders can see questions that they might harbour, being answered.
    Think of it as a sounding board and Stu is the bouncy part.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Which god shall I thank t8? Shall I call out to Jupiter and ask him to reveal his truth to me? Perhaps if I am sincere enough I will get a response?

Just call him God or Most High.

After you get to know him a bit better, then you might want to ask at that point.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 05 2010,07:22)

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 05 2010,04:46)
    Hey Tim,
    Love the positive promotion.

Have you been around any Nerds and Geeks. They tend to have a limited range of Genius. And even then i pity the woman who marries one.
    Soldier on. Seems you want to become a geek, or was it nerd, yourself.

Don't believe me, it's not a wise choice. Most pray to become normal.

Stuart won't have children because the earth will boil away in 128,000 billion years time, so what's the point of procreating? What's the point of anything? All we learn from Science is that we gonna die in the 'near future'…'ooh, just time for another cup of tea', as one mesmerized dressing gowned apelike space travelling nerd being would have said, eh?

Your ad hominems indicate you have nothing relevant to say.  I love it when personal attack is the first response.  It is the forum equivalent of being speechless.

Any further news on how project “convert Stu” is going?  How about project “convert Tim”?  Careful now that it doesn't backfire!

Stuart

Stu is a self-confessed ape and indeed a proud ape, who even chose an avatar that looks very apish.

As far as being a geek, well I don't think that Stu is one of those. Sure he might come to Heaven Net on a Saturday night when everyone is else is clubbing, watching Rugby, hanging with their buddies, or absorbing a movie, but geeks are usually thought of as intelligent and Stu doesn't come across that way as he is more like his avatar IMO.

I sort of think he is more of an ape who reaches out for contact in forums with other apes coz all the other apes kinda rejected him. Perhaps all the apes in his life have left him because he acts the same way with them as he does here?

But at least for now, I will still talk to him.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 05 2010,10:57)

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 04 2010,20:58)
    Well he may or may not need a course in reality, but I hardly think you were qualified to do so, and thus that might explain the tiredness.

Have a 8 hour sleep. When you wake up, thank God for giving you life and a will to choose.

Which god shall I thank t8?  Shall I call out to Jupiter and ask him to reveal his truth to me?  Perhaps if I am sincere enough I will get a response?

Stuart

Platitude.

Indeed it is!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 05 2010,15:40)

Just call him God or Most High.

After you get to know him a bit better, then you might want to ask at that point.

What probability to you give to your god actually being Jupiter? I guess it would be larger than, say, the probability that your god is Diana.

So many to choose from. I imagine Baal quarrels with Odin over which one is “most” high out of the two of them.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Princess,
    Thank you for your response. I didn't fully understand it, though.

Perhaps you could explain more fully. Thanks.

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 05 2010,15:38)
    Actually it is not “Project Convert Stu” because if it was, I think I would have given up a long time ago.

It is project Skeptic vs Believer. A place where skeptics of all races, religions, creeds, and genders can see questions that they might harbour, being answered.
    Think of it as a sounding board and Stu is the bouncy part.

Why can't it be Believer vs. Skeptics, tech speaking B comes before S, why do the skeptics get top billing, quite unfair don't you think.

J,

To belittle another because they do not believe as you do, is not part of our creation.

As one writes is as if they were speaking, to me, would it not be profound that if one day, you find yourself beside Stuart in conversation, alas you would not know who he is. Would you treat him the same?

Our tongues show what is truly in our hearts.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 05 2010,20:10)
    J,

To belittle another because they do not believe as you do, is not part of our creation.

As one writes is as if they were speaking, to me, would it not be profound that if one day, you find yourself beside Stuart in conversation, alas you would not know who he is. Would you treat him the same?

Our tongues show what is truly in our hearts.

Hi Princess of the King,

Excellent wisdom!

Matt.15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man;
    but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stuart,

You never made mention that Hawking's father read him scripture as a child, in which he can quote verse's from the bible.

I now understand t8's remark about the wheelchair, I did not know of Hawking's condition.

Kudos to the man for overcoming. Not all are so blessed to be able to afford such luxuries doing such an illness.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 07 2010,11:42)
    Stuart,

You never made mention that Hawking's father read him scripture as a child, in which he can quote verse's from the bible.

I now understand t8's remark about the wheelchair, I did not know of Hawking's condition.

Kudos to the man for overcoming. Not all are so blessed to be able to afford such luxuries doing such an illness.

I didn't know Hawking could quote scripture!

I'm not that surprised, most intelligent people who went to school in the UK should be able to recall some, as RE is part of the syllabus and they have a compulsory act of collective worship (although most British schools ignore this law nowdays).

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Princess, Edj,
    or should it be 'Edj, Princess,'

Belittling? You see what JustAskin saying as belittling. Well ok.

Thank you both for your frank response.

I imagined that opposing one in words who speaks that God does not exist and is only a figment of man's imagination, might seem to be belittling to some.

Princess, can you ask your sister what she thinks of Hawkins, and Dawkins.

Actually, are you saying you never knew that the world reknown Science genius, professional athiest, professor Hawkins was almost completely incapable of self propulsion?
    And, then, do you know his views on God?

Seems you looking at the corrupted flesh of the man, his outer layer, and oversympathising. Pok, it is the Spirit you should look at.
    Certainly we can 'sympathise' for him, but don't make it the main focus because this can become Satan's lead round your neck?

I saw a mother once who's baby was hurt in an accident. The baby was being held by the mother, tightly, lovingly, despararetly. She was praying for the baby, rocking back and forth in pity.
    A doctor came along and tried to help, 'please lady, hand me your baby so I can perform a local surgery to stop the bleeding and set the broken bone.
    The woman would not let go of her baby, not even to save it's life…
    What if someone had gone over to her and given her a short sharp shock to bring her out of her deathnell she was imposing on her own child despite the truth of the doctor standing by? Would you say the shocker was 'belittling' the woman for cradling her child in it's minutes of need?
    Which gentle words would have coerced the mother in letting go of her near dead child, the child she wished to be clinging to if it should die in that next moment, not realising that SHE herself would have been a major cause of her own child's demise by refusing to allow treatment by the doctor.

Check the moral in the observation, please.

Quote (JustAskin @ Oct. 07 2010,19:05)

Princess, can you ask your sister what she thinks of Hawkins, and Dawkins.

Yea have little faith, I share everything with my sister, she has no interest in them or what they have to say, she leaves that to me, and in turn it is easier for her to understand when we speak of such things.

Personally, she thinks Stuart is rude to me and if you realy want the truth, she finds you to be some what of a bully.

So you suggest the shock treatment, smack them around a little bit then they will get the hint.

Why would I not trust Stuart on what he knows most, maybe we should create another column and have 'the princess project'. I did not know Hawkings was in such condition, however I am sure you did not know his father read him scriptures and he knows quotes from the cannonized bible.

Ok, if you choose to believe that love and sympathy is your satan's way of trapping me, then have at it. Do you know the difference between binding and casting out.

Really, look at the spirit of the matter, so tell me did you witness this story you wrote or are you using it as a reference to prove a point.

Stuart is not a child, nor am I his mother. So your story is a moot reference on Stuart and I. Have another one you could use?

Every loose your glasses, only to find that they have been on your head the whole time, kinda like the spirit of truth, constantly waiting and wondering, only to find out it has been with you all along.

You want to tell Stuart how wrong he is, it offends you in the words he uses, you need to defend your god, stand up for him, so you will be able to say, Lord, Lord, I spoke your word, rebuke the unbelievers', where is my reward………..do you have your treasure counted already.

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 07 2010,16:01)

Stuart,

I'm not that surprised, most intelligent people who went to school in the UK should be able to recall some, as RE is part of the syllabus and they have a compulsory act of collective worship (although most British schools ignore this law nowdays).

Stuart

No, Stuart, the quotes from come from his father reading it to him while he was young.

Lucy even commented that she was glad he read her some form of bear story.

My sister has MS, she has been in wheelchair all her life. The doctors told my parents she would not live past six, she is now 49.

Hawkings should feel blessed that he has some abilities to communicate, for others do not.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 07 2010,20:59)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 07 2010,16:01)

Stuart,

Stuart

No, Stuart, the quotes from come from his father reading it to him while he was young.

Lucy even commented that she was glad he read her some form of bear story.

My sister has MS, she has been in wheelchair all her life. The doctors told my parents she would not live past six, she is now 49.

Hawkings should feel blessed that he has some abilities to communicate, for others do not.

Presumably the bear story wasn't the one from 2 Kings 2:24!

I am sure Stephen Hawking is glad to be alive. The prognosis for ALS is very poor, most sufferers die within 3-5 years. He has survived for 47 years with it. He and your sister both have remarkable stories.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 07 2010,20:51)
    …you will be able to say, Lord, Lord, I spoke your word, rebuke the unbelievers', where is my reward…

…silence.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Ah Princess, you show your true colours. You are confused, and angry. You love the Stuart-kind despite your raging at him. Classic female behaviour.

Here's a thing then: you wish that Stuart's Science would help you so you cling to the hope, the wish…but then it doesn't help, doesn't fulfill so you angry with it…like a person on a desert island made of Gold…yeah, you rich but…you can't use your richness, can't eat it, hurts you to sleep on it, hard underfoot…what good is it all.

Yes Pok, that is Science without God.
    Gold is useful. Science is useful.
    Gold can be used to do so much. Science can be used to do so much.
    But without the hope of being able to exchange it/spend it on 'other' useful things Gold is worthless.

Without collaboration and exchange of other disciplines, the Arts, Phsychology, Commerce, Sociology, Linguistics…and Religion, Science is useless.

Why has Stuart isolated Science and made it his God? Can he eat 'the Gold of Science', can 'the Science in Gold keep him warm', guide him, comfort him, nurture him…what then can it do by itself except be ''FOOLS GOLD''.

Pok, i took you for a better person but i see now that you are not, you are just a wallower, a shallow wallower in Scriptural matters. This also why you feel inclined to the hairy ape's theory. You want his God to save you…Pok, 'Fools Gold' cannot save anyone, in fact, it is laughable, you will be laughed at if you waste your time and effort digging it up and presenting it as worthy and credible in context.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account