Prophet Hawking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 728 total)
  • Author
    JustAskin
    Participant

Science threads can only go so far before pure speculation draws in.

Scriptural expositions grow with spiritual input.

Stu can only go so far, like Trinitarians, before they have to stop for fear of exposing their ignorance – and the shame of admitting that they can go no further without ditching their doctrine.

Athiests cannot grow without admitting “There is a God”.

Hawking and Dawkin want to make names for themselves and so promote “There's no God else we out of a Job”-ness.

Watch Dawkin – he's such a sad person – listen to Dawkin – he patently avoids going to the edge – Why? Cos he will fall into the Pit of reason. He keeps well within Science so as to not confront the more salient points of “What”, “How”, “Who”, “When” and the most important question: “WHY”?

I say again, “Science is NOT WRONG”. Science is uncovering God's secrets – Revealing God's great works – giving man access to the tools, the raw material, the insight, the processes the design application, the realisation of what God has done, Can do and could do and Will DO – but Dawkin and his mob want the glory – Students of Satan – Sons of Perdition – Who want to say “We did it” now glorify Me, Nay, Worship Me – Worship me and my God; Science!

What does Revelation say; “The Beast that was wounded yet still still lived into whom the great Dragon poured his power” (or similar!) and he stood on the [silicon] sands (Computer Chips) of the Sea (ok, Sea is People , multitudes …but it still works here!) and no one can buy or sell without the mark of the beast…

Stu
    Participant

Science is not wrong?

Science says the solid “beaten out” firmament mentioned in Genesis does not exist. NASA have shown that by not crashing their rockets into anything.

Science says there never was a time of just two humans.

Science says the exodus and the global flood are fictional.

Science says you will not walk again after you have been judicially executed.

Science says that while parthenogenesis is possible in some species, humans cannot be born without the combination of both a male and female gamete: “virgin birth” does not work in humans.

Science says if you extrapolate the evolution of languages back in time it would be absurd to postulate an event like the tower of babel within the past few thousand years: language is as diverse as the patterns of separation amongst humans over the past 100,000 years and longer.

Science says that the force of buoyancy is equal to the weight of water displaced, and it is not true that the soles of the feet displace a weight of water equal to the weight of a whole person: you cannot walk on water.

Do you need more? Are you taking a pair of scissors to your scriptures to remove all the divinely-inspired stories that you say must be “wrong”?

Rather than Imaginary Friends having anything useful to add, it has been a long history of science destroying gods-of-the-gaps, all those placemarkers of ignorance that we overcome with real knowledge.

I challenge you or anyone to come up with a single practically useful piece of information that was only originally known through religious revelation. Something as good as a statement like “some diseases are caused by things too small to be seen”, for example. Had your Imaginary Friend included that in ancient scripture then I would believe you.

As it is I am laughing at your ranty naivety that you claim religions could provide anything of practical value for anyone. The ancients made their own observations and conclusions, and wrote that into some verses. The things your god has added appear to amount to nothing.

Stuart

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 16 2010,14:05)
    No offense JA, never have been one to join in clicks, I have been a loner most of my life, w/ the exception of my family. I do appreciate your concern for my well being.

PrincessOfTheKing, just remember though Jesus said, “where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them” I agree there are times to be alone with God, there are also other times when others are a good thing. Two or three not nessesarily lots of people.

Stuart,

Now who is at platitude level?

Ancient text reads:

Do not mate with close family.
    Do not eat these animals.
    Take a day off.

The science steps and in and has to explain why this is so and the health benefits, medical benefits, ect.

The sun came up today Stuart, there was a beautiful breeze today Stuart, now you may explain this to me, why can I not just enjoy the day that was made and rejoice in it.

Love you dearly big ape, take care of yourself.

no one can buy or sell without the mark of the beast…

Learn to barter now.

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 26 2010,10:48)

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 16 2010,14:05)
    No offense JA, never have been one to join in clicks, I have been a loner most of my life, w/ the exception of my family. I do appreciate your concern for my well being.

PrincessOfTheKing, just remember though Jesus said, “where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them” I agree there are times to be alone with God, there are also other times when others are a good thing. Two or three not nessesarily lots of people.

Karmarie,

Let me be as honest as I can w/o you taking offense, whose words are these you use, yours or JA's, or did you have to conference with all?

Let me know.

shimmer
    Participant

My words only PrincessOfTheKing,

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 26 2010,13:26)
    Stuart,

Ancient text reads:

Take a day off.

The science steps and in and has to explain why this is so and the health benefits, medical benefits, ect.

The sun came up today Stuart, there was a beautiful breeze today Stuart, now you may explain this to me, why can I not just enjoy the day that was made and rejoice in it.

Read my post carefully. There is nothing surprising in these things. Trichinosis and inbreeding are easily observed and explained. Wanting to have a day off is hardly surprising either, and especially when political leaders demand you devote that time to thinking about the Imaginary Celestial Policeman they have invented for your control.

Take care

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 26 2010,18:00)

Stuart,

Ancient text reads:

Take a day off.

Read my post carefully.  There is nothing surprising in these things.  Trichinosis and inbreeding are easily observed and explained.  Wanting to have a day off is hardly surprising either, and especially when political leaders demand you devote that time to thinking about the Imaginary Celestial Policeman they have invented for your control.

Take care

Stuart

Stuart,

If anything is a court of law, then science is the leader of all.

The sun is out, yes, I see it, yes I feel it, yes it is
    warm, now give proof to why all these things are then I will believe why the sun comes out.

Personally, Stuart I find science takes advantage of the world, most likely for their own selfish reasons, or ego, which is the most common denominator for life today.

The little things in life are the ones that get me, science does not enjoy, alway criticizing.

Like your little notation of the human body and how it science says it could have been better.

I find the human body to be fascinating, like how a simple foot massage can effect your whole body.

Too much information overload with science, can't just leave it as it is, must tear it apart and have their way.

Well, big ape, go climb your trees today, as your at the top of the tree look out and see the beauty, for this I am quite a bit jealous, as your swinging on your vine today, feel the wind on your face as it flows through your beautiful orange coat.

Enjoy the day Stuart, take care.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 26 2010,22:36)

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 26 2010,18:00)

Stuart,

Ancient text reads:

Take a day off.

Read my post carefully.  There is nothing surprising in these things.  Trichinosis and inbreeding are easily observed and explained.  Wanting to have a day off is hardly surprising either, and especially when political leaders demand you devote that time to thinking about the Imaginary Celestial Policeman they have invented for your control.

Take care

Stuart

Stuart,

If anything is a court of law, then science is the leader of all.

The sun is out, yes, I see it, yes I feel it, yes it is
    warm, now give proof to why all these things are then I will believe why the sun comes out.

Personally, Stuart I find science takes advantage of the world, most likely for their own selfish reasons, or ego, which is the most common denominator for life today.

The little things in life are the ones that get me, science does not enjoy, alway criticizing.

Like  your little notation of the human body and how it science says it could have been better.

I find the human body to be fascinating, like how a simple foot massage can effect your whole body.

Too much information overload with science, can't just leave it as it is, must tear it apart and have their way.

Well, big ape, go climb your trees today, as your at the top of the tree look out and see the beauty, for this I am quite a bit jealous, as your swinging on your vine today, feel the wind on your face as it flows through your beautiful orange coat.

Enjoy the day Stuart, take care.

Why should these things NOT happen? That is as good a question as why they should.

Stuart

JustAskin
    Participant

Princess,
    You speak for me to Stuart.

For this I desire to beget you. I say it openly so all can see that I request you as a spiritual sister.

Shimmer is right in what she said to you. It was her own words, she spoke from her heart, from her concern for you being on your own. You cannot exist as an island in the spiritual realm. You cannot be alone and grow except by your own reserve of knowledge, and that is limited. We grow by the unity of minds and spirit: where one is weak, another is strong; where one is ignorant, another is knowledgeable; where one is failing, another is growing…but together, the whole, with 'Him' with us, the perfect gardener, the vine dresser, the shephard who knows his sheep, We can behold his glory and bask in his power, humbleness, authority, strength, gentleness, masterfullness, under his wings of comfort and safety.
    Princess, suffer yourself to be beholden to God through Christ.
    Pm me, please. Why are you afraid? I feel your fear and long to show you a gentle JA, I Am Just Askin, but more, I am Just Desiring…

JustAskin
    Participant

Stu,
    Your rant has just exposed your emptiness.

There is anger in your post. Anger at being exposed for what you cannot defend.

Your post struggles to maintain any semblence of credible argument, is unsustainable except by the ignorant, to whom your post could only be pleading: “Please believe me”…

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 26 2010,08:17)

I challenge you or anyone to come up with a single practically useful piece of information that was only originally known through religious revelation.  Something as good as a statement like “some diseases are caused by things too small to be seen”, for example.  Had your Imaginary Friend included that in ancient scripture then I would believe you.

Stuart

Thank you, Stuart, for the kind offer! (Matt.7:7 / 2Tm.2:13)
    But, too bad you (Stuart) are still unwilling to turn to my God; YHVH!

I told you, you were naive; now you also illustrate (to us believers) that you are ignorant as well.
    Here are three examples of written information, penned long before Science has been able to confirm!

1) Biochemistry: Pig is an unhealthy animal to consume for sustenance.
    Leviticus 11:7 …the swine …he is unclean to you.
    Pigs are scavenger animals, eating both dung and carcass remains.
    Toxins are excreted out of the sweat glands of mammals, pigs don't sweat!
    Plus: Without the advent of refrigeration, pork meat is susceptible to trichinosis.

2) Digestion: Slaughtered animals that “ARE” to be eaten,
    must first be bleed; and dead animals are not fit for human consumption
    Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
    Deut.15:23 …thou shalt not eat the blood thereof; thou shalt pour it upon the ground as water.
    Leviticus 22:8 That which dieth of itself, or is torn with beasts, he shall not eat to defile himself therewith.

3) Astronomy: The Earth is round and that the Universe is ever expanding
    Isaiah 40:22 …the circle of the earth, and …that stretcheth out
    the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
    Job 26:7 He …hangeth the earth upon nothing. (Gravitational forces hold it's position)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

JustAskin
    Participant

Edj,
    Well exposed.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 27 2010,02:29)
    Edj,
    Well exposed.

Hi JustAskin,

I have been a believer for 30 years before the numbers part
    was introduced to me; and it is only further PROOF, nothing more!
    Only from my persistent exposing you to them, do you see the pattern.
    I expose this pattern to mature Christians, and h-net has the most mature!
                                                                                                (Hebrews 6:1-3)
    God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 27 2010,00:47)
    Stu,
    Your rant has just exposed your emptiness.

There is anger in your post. Anger at being exposed for what you cannot defend.

Your post struggles to maintain any semblence of credible argument, is unsustainable except by the ignorant, to whom your post could only be pleading: “Please believe me”…

Which of my posts are you answering? Is this just a generic rant that appears when you press -R on your computer?

I have absolutely no idea what you are criticising. Do try to be a bit more specific.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 27 2010,02:09)

I challenge you or anyone to come up with a single practically useful piece of information that was only originally known through religious revelation.  Something as good as a statement like “some diseases are caused by things too small to be seen”, for example.  Had your Imaginary Friend included that in ancient scripture then I would believe you.

Stuart

I told you, you were naive; now you also illustrate (to us believers) that you are ignorant as well.
    Here are three examples of written information, penned long before Science has been able to confirm!

Plus: Without the advent of refrigeration, pork meat is susceptible to trichinosis.

Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
    Deut.15:23 …thou shalt not eat the blood thereof; thou shalt pour it upon the ground as water.
    Leviticus 22:8 That which dieth of itself, or is torn with beasts, he shall not eat to defile himself therewith.

the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
    Job 26:7 He …hangeth the earth upon nothing. (Gravitational forces hold it's position)

God bless

1. No new information provided by Leviticus. It was pretty obvious from all of the cases of people getting ill from eating pork that was is a bad idea. This is not new information from your Imaginary Friend, it is just primitive science that has been encoded in religious laws.

I notice you don't say what toxins are retained by pigs because they don't sweat that might cause problems. Why are they not a health hazard for modern eaters of pork?

2. No more information from any Sky Being here either. It would have been pretty obvious that the bled carcasses did not cause as much illness as the ones with blood, when eaten. Again, primitive science and nothing surprising.

3. This one is just dishonest. It is you saying that the universe is expanding based on a 20th Century understanding, not scripture. Show me the verse that says “the universe is expanding”! There isn't one! Isaiah says the earth is a circle, but it isn't. Genesis says the heavens are a solid firmament, but that doesn't exist.

As for Job 26:7, this might have been a reasonable attempt on your part, but it is undone completely by Job 9:6.

As with your numerology, your scripture provides every contradicting possibility and you just pick the one that fits modern science, forgetting the ones that say the reverse.

Stuart

Stuart,

Once again I will say, your science is better then your mthyology. Blood by the ancient was considered sacred. Either it be human or animal. There was no science back then, everything was considered to be a some form of god, and every action was to appease some form of god.
    So try again on the primitive science theme, it does not work.

Just a little fyi, most ancient deities were female, surprising isn't it.

You know Stuart, once in a while, you could just say, they had it right, even if it did come from the imagination, for where did science come from?

Way too serious there big ape. Slow down breathe.

How's your cat by the way?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 27 2010,12:07)
    Stuart,

Once again I will say, your science is better then your mthyology. Blood by the ancient was considered sacred. Either it be human or animal. There was no science back then, everything was considered to be a some form of god, and every action was to appease some form of god.
    So try again on the primitive science theme, it does not work.

Just a little fyi, most ancient deities were female, surprising isn't it.

You know Stuart, once in a while, you could just say, they had it right, even if it did come from the imagination, for where did science come from?

Way too serious there big ape. Slow down breathe.

How's your cat by the way?

The zodiac is a remnant of ancient science. So is Stonehenge. Christians would be all over those as examples of their god inspiring knowledge if they had anything to do with their god. Of course they would be wrong about that as well. I agree that modern science and its philosophical basis did not exist in ancient cultures, but that does not mean they did not make observations and conclusions about how things work. They obviously did.

Neither you nor anyone has grasped the point, apparently. Why does scripture not contain anything that could not have been known by them, but was instead uniquely revealed by an all-knowing god?

I have been given the answer here, and elsewhere, that it is because ancient minds would not have understood, but these same people make all sorts of other claims that scripture reveals things when they could not possibly have been understood. One example is Ed's try earlier with what he thinks is a biblical description of an expanding universe. You can't have it both ways, I'm sure you will agree!

You are right, science starts with the imagination and a question that reflects human curiosity. Modern science is a robust, experimental and skeptical version of what the ancients did, which is why it works better.

Are you the evangelical wing of Heavennet now, charged with using your charm to break skeptics with kind words? Isn't royalty above that sort of thing?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 27 2010,10:24)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 27 2010,02:09)

Stuart

the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in
    :

God bless

1. No new information provided by Leviticus.  It was pretty obvious from all of the cases of people getting ill from eating pork that was is a bad idea.  This is not new information from your Imaginary Friend, it is just primitive science that has been encoded in religious laws.

I notice you don't say what toxins are retained by pigs because they don't sweat that might cause problems.  Why are they not a health hazard for modern eaters of pork?

2. No more information from any Sky Being here either.  It would have been pretty obvious that the bled carcasses did not cause as much illness as the ones with blood, when eaten.  Again, primitive science and nothing surprising.

3. This one is just dishonest.  It is you saying that the universe is expanding based on a 20th Century understanding, not scripture.  Show me the verse that says “the universe is expanding”!  There isn't one!  Isaiah says the earth is a circle, but it isn't.  Genesis says the heavens are a solid firmament, but that doesn't exist.  

As for Job 26:7, this might have been a reasonable attempt on your part, but it is undone completely by Job 9:6.

As with your numerology, your scripture provides every contradicting possibility and you just pick the one that fits modern science, forgetting the ones that say the reverse.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

So, in all three cases, you see the information is correct!
    Documentation that has now been around 3,000 years.
    What you offer is nothing more than vain babblings,
    illustrating that Stuart has a deep hatred for God!

2Tm:2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings:
    for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    1Tm.6:20-21 …avoiding profane and vain babblings,
    and oppositions of science falsely so called:
    Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

Whatever Science is yet to verify, you will not even consider!
    You can't have it both ways Stuart; you clearly lost round 1!

Round #2…
    You pick the ones that you say are the reverse,
    then “we will have something further to discuss”?
    Without Posting any, your words are empty ones!

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 728 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account