Proof jesus is god from paul's mouth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 738 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:04)

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,01:59)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 04 2009,02:48)
    David

Quote (david @ Sep. 02 2009,23:21)
    (WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.)

This is a lie David and is proof that what Jack said about your dark heart may be true!

Where have I ever said this David? There are plenty false gods that are not worshipped which are “not gods at all” but merely made by men!

I do not believe there are other gods to worship because I do not beleive there are other gods period! So how can I believe what you say?

As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.

I believe there is “One True God” and that is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit according to the scriptures!

You do not understand this nor do you care to, so you have to lie amd misrepresent me?

WJ

I said:
    “WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.”

You quoted me saying it and then said that it was a “lie” and then accused me of having a dark heart because of it.

But look at the top post of this page.  In it YOU say:

As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship

That is EXACTLY what I said you believed.  EXACTLY.  
    I said:

“WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.”–david

You said:

“As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship”–WJ

I wonder how I would get the idea that you think that in your mind, the word “god” always involves worship?

hmmm.

So, it wasn't a “lie” as you accused me of.  Further, it is therefore your hear that is dark.  Also, I'm not sure, but I think I sort of apologized for misrepresenting you.   I did not misrepresent what you said.

david

Hi David

Thats right. Because you see the little “g” in the word god!

The discussion was about Moses being “a god” and the words you spoke of me were false!

WJ

Fine, then it was a misunderstanding, not a “lie” as you said.

You said virtually exactly what I said you believed. At the very least, could you not give me the a little slack, instead of accusing me of lying and saying I have a dark heart?

I stated what you believed almost word for word, and I wasn't even quoting you, at the time.

david
    Participant

ut you seem to think that Moses was equal to Jesus by your statements!

See, now THAT is a lie. Nowhere anywhere do I even HINT at that in the slightest. But, when I quote you saying exactly what you said, you accuse me of lying. what gives?

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:04)

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,01:59)

David

This is a lie David and is proof that what Jack said about your dark heart may be true!

Where have I ever said this David? There are plenty false gods that are not worshipped which are “not gods at all” but merely made by men!

I do not believe there are other gods to worship because I do not beleive there are other gods period! So how can I believe what you say?

As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.

I believe there is “One True God” and that is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit according to the scriptures!

You do not understand this nor do you care to, so you have to lie amd misrepresent me?

WJ

I said:
    “WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.”

You quoted me saying it and then said that it was a “lie” and then accused me of having a dark heart because of it.

But look at the top post of this page.  In it YOU say:

That is EXACTLY what I said you believed.  EXACTLY.  
    I said:

“WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.”–david

You said:

“As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship”–WJ

I wonder how I would get the idea that you think that in your mind, the word “god” always involves worship?

hmmm.

So, it wasn't a “lie” as you accused me of.  Further, it is therefore your hear that is dark.  Also, I'm not sure, but I think I sort of apologized for misrepresenting you.   I did not misrepresent what you said.

david

Hi David

Thats right. Because you see the little “g” in the word god!

The discussion was about Moses being “a god” and the words you spoke of me were false!

WJ

Fine, then it was a misunderstanding, not a “lie” as you said.

You said virtually exactly what I said you believed.  At the very least, could you not give me the a little slack, instead of accusing me of lying and saying I have a dark heart?

I stated what you believed almost word for word, and I wasn't even quoting you, at the time.

Hi David

Ok, then it was a misunderstanding. But I do not see where you could have gotten the Idea that anything I had said even comes close to that!

Nevertheless all is good.

However you should stop making half quotes of someone and taking them out of context, IMO!

WJ

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:15)

See, now THAT is a lie.  Nowhere anywhere do I even HINT at that in the slightest.  But, when I quote you saying exactly what you said, you accuse me of lying.  what gives?

David

Do you see the words “seem to think”.

Your quote of me is not open ended!

WJ

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,01:53)

David

WJ

OK, I found this post.  Was this your answer?

I did also find you saying this:

David

See, there you go again with the half quotes and misrepresentation of my words.

You do this a lot. I see you doing it with CA.

It is disigenuous and rude and even sinful in my opinion!

WJ

Does adding your following words:

as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.

somehow change the meaning?

No.

I was only trying to make it simpler for you to see that you actually said that. And when I show you did say that, you accuse me of chopping your meaning up.

Well how did I change the meaning WJ?

I didn't.

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:18)

See, now THAT is a lie.  Nowhere anywhere do I even HINT at that in the slightest.  But, when I quote you saying exactly what you said, you accuse me of lying.  what gives?

David

WJ

Oh, well, in that case, WJ seems to think that God isn't a trinity.

See how that works?

david
    Participant

Ok, then it was a misunderstanding. But I do not see where you could have gotten the Idea that anything I had said even comes close to that!

You said those EXACT words.

Do I have to quote them again?

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:18)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,01:53)

David

WJ

OK, I found this post.  Was this your answer?

I did also find you saying this:

David

See, there you go again with the half quotes and misrepresentation of my words.

You do this a lot. I see you doing it with CA.

It is disigenuous and rude and even sinful in my opinion!

WJ

Does adding your following words:

as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.

somehow change the meaning?

No.

I was only trying to make it simpler for you to see that you actually said that.  And when I show you did say that, you accuse me of chopping your meaning up.

Well how did I change the meaning WJ?  

I didn't.

David

Not true, you were trying to use my words without there intended meaning that worship is only reserved for the Father and Jesus and that as far as God is concerned, only the Father and Jesus are to be worshipped according to the scriptures!

WJ

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:20)

You said those EXACT words.

Do I have to quote them again?

David

Yes, show me where I said…

WJ

david
    Participant

“(WJ thinks that the word “god” must involve worship.)”–DAVID

Your response:

“This is a lie David  . . .As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.”

How can you not see how I could be confused?

I was asking you about the word “god.”  Should i have said the word “god” or the word “God”?

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

If you read your words above and feel you should apologize for saying I was lying and have a black heart, I would understand.

david

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:18)

David

WJ

Oh, well, in that case, WJ seems to think that God isn't a trinity.

See how that works?

David

Yea, but that is quite obvious that I believe in the Trinity!

With you it is hard to tell if you think Jesus is “a god” like any other so “called god” since to you he is not the Only True God!

WJ

david
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,18:23)

Your response:

“This is a lie David  . . .As far as the word “God”, yes I believe it must involve worship as we have shown you that both the Father and Jesus was worshipped in the scriptures.”

I was asking you about the word “god.”  Should i have said the word “god” or the word “God”?

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

If you read your words above and feel you should apologize for saying I was lying and have a black heart, I would understand.

david

Does anyone else think I was purposely lying?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,12:03)
    If he is not at this time subject to the Father then he is equal to the Father.

I know this is so hard for the Arians to accept, for it is like a bitter pill.

Keith,

What makes you think that Jesus isn't subject to the Father? Didn't the scripture make clear that the Father was not under the Son, but that he put everything/everyone else under him? The Father is excluded from Jesus' current “power” arrangement.

I'm sorry, bro, but that doesn't sound like Jesus is in ANY WAY equal to the Father.

Jesus is standing-in, if you will. He is 'acting' judge (for now).

I do not think of Jesus as a puppet. He is the Son of the Almighty – that's serious stuff! :;):

The bitter pill is for all of us to swallow because these and other topics have been debated to death. Why? Because the bible can be interpreted a thousand ways to Sunday (or Saturday, whichever your brand of Christianity prefers).

I see how you arrive at your understanding. I just don't see it the same way. Thanks, anyway.

Still love you,
    Mandy

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:23)

Your response:

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

david

David

Not at all, because it involves a half quote and was intended to mean something other than what my full quote said.

If you can find it in yourself to appologize for misrepresenting me, fine!

WJ

david
    Participant

Please David, don't tell us that you hang your doctrine on Moses being “a god” to Pharaoh! Please tell us David that you do not see Moses as Pharaoh saw him!

Again, my question which you've managed to ignore for about 13 pages:

HOW did Pharoah see Moses as a god?
    What did Pharoah seeing Moses as a god mean?

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:30)

Your response:

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

david

David

Not at all, because it involves a half quote and was intended to mean something other than what my full quote said.

WJ

I am losing respect for Picard by the second.

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:32)

Your response:

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

david

David

WJ

David

The feelings are mutual!

WJ

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 05 2009,02:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,12:03)
    If he is not at this time subject to the Father then he is equal to the Father.

I know this is so hard for the Arians to accept, for it is like a bitter pill.

Keith,

What makes you think that Jesus isn't subject to the Father?  Didn't the scripture make clear that the Father was not under the Son, but that he put everything/everyone else under him?  The Father is excluded from Jesus' current “power” arrangement.

I'm sorry, bro, but that doesn't sound like Jesus is in ANY WAY equal to the Father.

Jesus is standing-in, if you will.  He is 'acting' judge (for now).

I do not think of Jesus as a puppet.  He is the Son of the Almighty – that's serious stuff!   :;):

The bitter pill is for all of us to swallow because these and other topics have been debated to death.  Why?  Because the bible can be interpreted a thousand ways to Sunday (or Saturday, whichever your brand of Christianity prefers).

I see how you arrive at your understanding.  I just don't see it the same way.  Thanks, anyway.

Still love you,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

For he “has put everything under his feet.”* Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ When he has done this, “**then** the Son himself will be made subject to him” who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.. 1 Cor 15:27, 27

If Jesus is subject now then why would he later be subject when all things are put under his “Jesus” feet?

WJ

david
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 04 2009,03:27)
    David said:

The Thinker” we are discussing the meaning of the word “god” and what it means and how it is applied to Moses and what that tells us about that word.  Moses WAS “made” a god to Pharoah BY JEHOVAH.  This is what the Bible says

No Sir! We are discussing the meaning of the word “god” and how it applies to Christ. You are trying to prove that the word as it refers to Christ carries with it no greater meaning then it did in reference to Moses. When did the Father say to Moses, “Your throne “O God” and then qualify this with “YOU Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of YOUR hands.”

When did the Father say that Moses was the Creator? It is clear that the word “god” in reference to Jesus carries much more meaning then you can bear. When pushed you anti-trinitarians will give lip service to Christ's exaltation and the fact that He has a name that is above every name. But you always revert back to reducing Him to the level of all other men.

thinker

What I am doing, is looking at all the references to the word “god” in an attempt to understand what that word means. WJ, for example refuses to tell me what the word “god” with reference to Moses indicates.

You are trying to prove that the word as it refers to Christ carries with it no greater meaning then it did in reference to Moses.

This would be incorrect as well. I do not believe that, nor have I ever stated it. The word “god” is used in a variety of ways in the Bible. What is the commonality? That's all I'm asking.

What does the word “god” basically mean in the Bible? For instance, here where Jehovah made Moses a god to Pharoah…what did that mean?

What are your thoughts, Thinker?

All that stuff about you asking me: “When did the Father say this or that to Moses?” has nothing to do with what I am asking. Yes, Jesus was greater than Moses. Far greater. Far far far greater. I don't in any way dispute that.

I'm asking: What does “god” mean? Not, WHO IS “The God”? What does “god” as used in the Bible, mean?

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 05 2009,18:33)

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,02:32)

Your response:

THEY ARE THE SAME WORD!

david

David

WJ

David

The feelings are mutual!

WJ

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/03/19/o.self.appreciation/index.html

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 738 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account