Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,341 through 16,360 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The dogma of preexistence is a way those who do not know the Word made flesh rationalise truth.

The Word was with God before Jesus was conceived .

Of course the Word was not a being but the Spirit of Christ

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

thanks for your opinion but opinions do not make scriptures ; you have still to get rid of your man made stories and start to believe what scriptures says ,

where in scriptures does it says that the “word of God ” was the “spirit of Christ “?

I know that the prophecies are the spirit of Christ Rev 19;. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

understand that all prophecies testify of Jesus Christ , but not of the “WORD of GOD”

terraricca
    Participant

K

God is all present but the center of his power is in heaven.

God himself does not look at you but his angels are reporting you to him ,

and yes there is no place that God would not be made aware of ;

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.
    Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
    Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

MT 18:10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven

it is the angels that protect us from arm by the wicked , just has it is the devil angels that put stumbling blocks in front of us

AndrewAD
    Participant

It all appears as to whether one believes the later revelations. Luke projects what he thinks was early/primitive belief.

But as far as Holy Scripture goes it clearly proclaims the pre-existent Christ. For what of this verse from Hebrews as pertaining to Christ’s priesthood and sacrifice

Hebrews 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

This shows the authors belief in the pre existense of Christ for how could he have suffered from the beginning of the world if he did not exist?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

You need to know Christ or you will never recognise him in his brothers.

Of course the Spirit of Christ is not divided but unites those in him with the Father.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

God himself does not look at you but his angels are reporting you to him ,

God is all seeing and all knowing but his angels do return to the center of his power and make reports on what they observe. God already knew the answer to the question he asked Satan but he tested Satan’s heart by asking it. He also set in motion Satan’s action which would test the hearts of Job and others in the following period of time.

it is the angels that protect us from arm by the wicked , just has it is the devil angels that put stumbling blocks in front of us

I agree with this statement but with the addition that they must obtain permission from God first; just as Satan had to in order to temp Job to sin.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

Hebrews 9:24-28English Standard Version (ESV)

24 For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25 Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

I do not know for sure where you see preexistence implied by the words you quoted from Hebrews 9 and so I am assuming you believe it claims that Jesus Christ has been suffering from the foundation of the world. If that is what you hear then reread the passage which actually saying he did not suffer from the foundation of the world because his self-sacrifice is superior to that of all other high priests. Instead he only had to sacrifice himself one time, the one time you already know of.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I agree with this statement but with the addition that they must obtain permission from God first; just as Satan had to in order to temp Job to sin.

—————————————————

you statement is only true with the righteous ,but we are many time victim of our own doing meaning say things or do things that are not righteous and so open a door for the devil angels to get to us ,this is why we as righteous we have to really pay attention to what we say and do ,so not to let the devil in

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

you still never addressed the OP scriptures individually so that we can see that you really have nothing against the preexisting of Jesus

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica and t8,

Jesus is well known for his metaphysical turn of speech. He even told his student-adherents why he chose to speak that way.

John 6:38-40
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that every one who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus is telling us that he Spiritually came down from heaven in order to do the will of God who is in heaven. He also teaches us that he chose to submit the will of his flesh to God. He then tell us what God’s will is.

Scripture already declares Jesus body was conceived in Mary and that in regards to his body he is a descendant of Mary.

Remember Jesus teaches us that his words are Spirit. (John 6:63)

It takes time to answer passages one by one.

This answer is similar to the one for John 3:13 and others. In short his Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of God comes from God whose center of power is in heaven.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Jesus is telling us that he Spiritually came down from heaven in order to do the will of God

——————————————————————–

kerwin scriptures do not say that you do ,read the scriptures and see

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The Word spoke through Jesus.

The Word was with God in the beginning.

Look deeper

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Actually they do if you look at them with Spiritual eyes.

Matthew 12:18English Standard Version (ESV)

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
    my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.
    I will put my Spirit upon him,
    and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.

God foretells a time when he will place his Spirit on Jesus Christ. Jesus’ Spirit comes from heaven because it comes from God.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Here is another passage that is speaking of the Spiritual and not the physical.

John 14:23English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricaa,

Nick is correct about looking deeper.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

God foretells a time when he will place his Spirit on Jesus Christ. Jesus’ Spirit comes from heaven because it comes from God.

tell me what did not come from God ;when you find it let me know

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

John 14:23English Standard Version (ESV)
    23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

you seem to think that that is spiritual but it is both physical and spiritual ;for tell me how would you express the application of Christ’s words ?

how would you show that you have the love that saves those who listen ?

now how do you keep Christ words in you and your heart ?

you keep following religion dogma not the real truth in scriptures

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

The Word spoke through Jesus.

The Word was with God in the beginning.

Look deeper

———————————————————
    you have been proven so many time wrong with your religion dogma ,it is not even funny anymore ;

you have no scriptures to back this up; and you would have to interpret all of those that says the opposite ,

it is you that should look deeper or into more of the truth in scriptures ,

you see scriptures according to your own understanding instead of seeking the true understanding of God and his son ,the way God sees it for he did the written part of it

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Terraricaa,

Nick is correct about looking deeper.

——————————————-

No ,kerwin ,you are both wrong ,you are following your own understanding while I follow God’s and his son understanding and explanations ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The Word was with God and was God.

God is Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,341 through 16,360 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account