Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 7,021 through 7,040 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    JustAskin
    Participant

WJ is attempting to temp God himself.

He wants God to show that He can become man and dwell in a Fleshly body amongst His sinful creation.

What an awesome thing. What flesh could contain His glory?
    Becuse of this, He sends His 'Glory', metaphorically speaking, in the form of a sinless man.

WJ does not realise what he is suggesting concerning God because he mind is not God, does not have the Holy Spirit and so cannot speak the Truth.

He has 'Crashed and Burned' but 'his god' keeps recreating him and he returns with the same false doctrine, nay, even worse because, once shown that he is in denial, he continues in his false ways, false ways that tempt others to get riled at him and spout sinful things at him (bring an accusation concerning him before Our God)

JustAskin
    Participant

'Death Race 2000'

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 27 2010,13:12)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,12:33)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,19:08)

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 27 2010,10:30)
    Worshipping in Spirit and truth, Love.
    With Jesus is us, we worship the Father
    By the way what does it mean to Worship? Is it not just love?
    I can sit here and feel love for God Almighty without saying a single word.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hi K:

The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

That is good! Now since Jesus is our Master and Lord and we are his “Bondslaves and prisoners” then when we serve him with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength then we are worshipping him!

Jesus said “If you love me, keep my commandments”. Love is the perfect expression of worship. Thanks Marty, I hadn't thought of it that way!

Blessings WJ

WJ

you say you are a master in your degree in phylosophy,so you must have a good memory, you know the scriptures very well,i know ,i fallow your quotes,what i also notice is that you volontary ignore scriptures who do not support your way of thinking so you are devisif in your statments,your experience also play against you ,the spirit of truth you deny is also against you,and so truth is not found in you.
    Lk 4:8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only

Jn 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
    Jn 5:24 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me

Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth

just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.
    Dt 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
    Dt 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength

now explain the trinity with those verses ,because the Holy Spirit can not lie.men can.

WJ

If ever you will try to discredit the truth of God and his Son Christ ,you become a advocate for the evil one,who his whole purpose is to discredit the only true God and the one he has Send Jesus Christ his only begotten Son.

since you and your associate TheTinker,are well aware of the scriptures showing who is God and who is his Son ,it become a curse to the ones who do not subdue to the word of God and knowingly tell a invented story as to the nature of God and God son,and the truth of the Holy spirit.
    so your quest is now with the almighty God and his Son Jesus Christ,
    We have done the work he has ask us to do,that is to show you the truth in his word,your personal interest are seen in your actions.

WJ you told me that you have the Holy spirit ,by telling those lies it is evident that you do not have the Holy spirit because God and is word and the holy spirit are one in spirit and truth,
    they can not tell lies.
    so it must be men.

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 28 2010,03:00)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,21:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,13:20)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,21:05)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,12:33)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,19:08)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hi K:

The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

That is good! Now since Jesus is our Master and Lord and we are his “Bondslaves and prisoners” then when we serve him with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength then we are worshipping him!

Jesus said “If you love me, keep my commandments”. Love is the perfect expression of worship. Thanks Marty, I hadn't thought of it that way!

Blessings WJ

Nice Try WJ:

He is the head of the church, and we are submitted to God through him.  When we obey him we are obeying God.

This is what Jesus said:

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

He said that we should honor him as we honor the Father.

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
    23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You said…

“The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Now if Jesus said “Keep my commandments” and he that keeps them loves him how is that different than loving and serving the Father?

Are you saying you really are not keeping his commandments and loving and serving him, but just the Father through him?

How is that done?

Lets see “hello Jesus I love you and want to serve you as my master and my Lord but I am really not loving you and serving you but only the Father through you”. or “Never mind Jesus I am not supposed to pray to you so could you please move aside so I can go to the Father?

Is that what you mean?

What is the difference in Loving and serving Jesus with all that we have and our love for the Father?

How can your statement not mean the same for Jesus as the Father if we are to honour him even as we honour the Father?

Per Marty

“The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Jesus has commandments also that he said we must keep!

Marty isn't love the perfect expression of worship?

WJ

Hi WJ:

I already told you.  When we obey him, we are obeying the Father.  Jesus is not the source.

Love is the highest expression of worship, but it does not have to mean worship.  I love my wife, but I do not worship her.  I love Jesus and he is my head.  I am submitted to God through him and without him I would still be in my sins, but I do not worship him as God.

When he was to ascend to the right hand of God our Father.  He said he was going to his God and our God, and to his Father and our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Are you submitted to Jesus or not? Is he your only master and Lord or not? Are you his prisoner or not?

Do you have fellowship with the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit or not?

Are you willing to die for him (Jesus) or not?

If you have Jesus you have the Father!

Think about what that means Marty! Jesus calls everyman that will follow him to die for him.

No mere man can place that kind of demand on men for themselves if he were not God. God is a Jealous God and would never allow such devotion to a mere man of flesh!

In the Jewish mind Paul would be an Idolater for giving Jesus that kind of devotion, and Jesus would be committing blasphemy for making such demands!

Oh thats right they were!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ:

Jesus said that he was going to ascend to his God and my God and to his Father and my Father, and so, if you are intent on Jesus being your God, then you are not hearing what he has said.

Yes, Jesus is my Lord. I am submitted to God through him. He is the head of the church.

He said if “you lose your life for my sake and the sake of the gospel you shall find it, but if you find your life, you shall lose it”.
    This may mean that I may be a martyr, and if that is what God has seen for me, then I am willing to die in whatever manner he has seen, but this scripture does not mean that he is asking anyone to die for him, but he is asking those who come to him to live their lives for him rather than living their lives to please themselves.

Jesus has already told you that he has a God, and his purpose in giving his life is to reconcile us to the same God. There is only “One God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 27 2010,22:58)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 27 2010,13:08)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

To be obediant, and to please our Father by loving him as He first loved us, and loving our neighbour too.

Hi K:

All that you have stated is covered in keeping His Commandments.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Martian said:

This in spite of the fact that for God to become a man, He would have to change His character from a being incapable of temptation to one capable of same.

Martian,

For God to become a man would mean He would become a PERFECT man. So how would His character change? The man Jesus was incapable of temptation from within Himself.

thinker

Quote (martian @ Mar. 28 2010,10:40)
    If I understand you theory, you claim that God changed into a man and came to Earth. To do that God would need to change his permanent character. That permanent character and unchanging moral stand is the backbone Christian faith. Without an unchanging God faith and trust in God is unsure.

No we never say that God changed into a man, that is your own words.

We say what the scriptures say that the Word/God came in the “likeness of sinful flesh” and was found in fashion as a man. 1 Tim 3:16 – Phil 2:6-8 – John 1:1, 14.

You do not believe that God can dwelll in a human tent of his own, but we do. Acts 20:28

Quote (martian @ Mar. 28 2010,10:40)
    That permanent character and unchanging moral stand is the backbone Christian faith.

BTW are you the same person that says that our faith is based on a mere man and without “Jesus” example as a mere man we cannot follow him?

Tell me martian, in what way is Jesus character inconsistent with the Fathers?

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8

WJ

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 29 2010,17:59)

He said if “you lose your life for my sake and the sake of the gospel you shall find it, but if you find your life, you shall lose it”.
    This may mean that I may be a martyr, and if that is what God has seen for me, then I am willing to die in whatever manner he has seen, but this scripture does not mean that he is asking anyone to die for him, but he is asking those who come to him to live their lives for him rather than living their lives to please themselves.
    Marty

Marty

What are you talking about?

What does “Lose his life for me” mean to you?

For whoever wants to save his life* will lose it, but “whoever loses his life for me” and for the gospel will save it. Mark 8:35

WJ

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 30 2010,10:34)

Marty

Marty

For whoever wants to save his life* will lose it, but “whoever loses his life for me” and for the gospel will save it. Mark 8:35

WJ

Hi WJ:

It means what I told you that it means.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

JustAskin
    Participant

TT,

So was Adam not a Perfect Man.

Did God create him with some sort of flaw?

If Jesus could not be tempted then all that stuff in the wilderness was pointless.

And all the lessons Jesus taught us were if no value because how can someone incspable of doing something teach another who is how to overcome the thing that they cannot do… Become perfectly like one and then you will know what it is like and therefore appreciater the problem but submit to the solution, perfectly.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 30 2010,10:48)

Marty

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

You say that it means that you should die for the sake of the gospel. But Jesus said “for MY sake and for the sake of the gospel.”

Liars will not be with Him you know.

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 30 2010,12:32)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 30 2010,10:48)

Marty

Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

You say that it means that you should die for the sake of the gospel. But Jesus said “for MY sake and for the sake of the gospel.”

Liars will not be with Him you know.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Yes, I know the scriptures as it speaks of liars, and I know the judge also, and that judge is not you.

You cannot even quote what I said correctly and you are accusing me of being a liar?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 30 2010,10:57)
    TT,

If Jesus could not be tempted then all that stuff in the wilderness was pointless.

And all the lessons Jesus taught us were if no value because how can someone incspable of doing something teach another who is how to overcome the thing that they cannot do… Become perfectly like one and then you will know what it is like and therefore appreciater the problem but submit to the solution, perfectly.

JA,

Adam was not a perfect man.  He had a whole garden of trees with food and still sinned the very first day of his creation. But Jesus had been in the desert for 40 days without food and He did not sin.

You're going to suggest that Adam was perfect and that Jesus had weakness? What twisted logic!

JA:

942767 Posted on Mar. 30 2010,10:48

Hebrews says that He was able to sympathize with our weakenesses because He was Himself tempted. It does not say that He empathized with our weaknesses.

In Hebrews 4:15 the Greek “sumpatheo” means that He could be touched with a feeling of our weaknesses (sympathy). Sympathy involves feeling the weakness of another. But He could not be touched by a feeling from His own weaknesses (empathy) because He had no weaknesses of his own. Paul said, “he knew no sin.” We needed a high priest that had no weakness of His own and who could not sin. He was appointed high priest by an immutable oath. If He could have sinned then the oath could have failed and would not have been immutable. This is why the oath required that a man without weakness be appointed high priest.

28The Law appoints priests who have weaknesses. But God's oath, which came later than the Law, appoints his Son. And he is the perfect high priest forever.

It says that the law appoints men with weaknesses. Then it says that the Son was appointed by oath. The CLEAR implication is that Jesus had no weaknesses. We needed a “perfect high priest.”

What good would a high priest with weakness have been?

Adam had a full garden of food and he sinned on his first day of existence and you say he was perfect. Jesus was in the desert for forty days without food and did not sin and you say He was weak. To put the icing on the cake you say He was weak when He was appointed by an oath which required that He be perfect.

I wonder sometimes if anti-trinitarians read the same Bible as the rest of the world.

thinker

terraricca
    Participant

TT——————————————————-

Adam was not a perfect man. He had a whole garden of trees with food and still sinned the very first day of his creation. But Jesus had been in the desert for 40 days without food and He did not sin
    ————————————————————————-
    sorry TT Adam was perfect in all of is nature ,it is true he sin in the first day of his creation,in fact he never lived more a day,he died befor the day was over.

i am glad you learn something

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 30 2010,13:17)

TT,

JA,

Adam was not a perfect man.  He had a whole garden of trees with food and still sinned the very first day of his creation. But Jesus had been in the desert for 40 days without food and He did not sin.

You're going to suggest that Adam was perfect and that Jesus had weakness? What twisted logic!

JA:

Hebrews says that He was able to sympathize with our weakenesses because He was Himself tempted. It does not say that He empathized with our weaknesses.

In Hebrews 4:15 the Greek “sumpatheo” means that He could be touched with a feeling of our weaknesses (sympathy). Sympathy involves feeling the weakness of another. But He could not be touched by a feeling from His own weaknesses (empathy) because He had no weaknesses of his own. Paul said, “he knew no sin.” We needed a high priest that had no weakness of His own and who could not sin. He was appointed high priest by an immutable oath. If He could have sinned then the oath could have failed and would not have been immutable. This is why the oath required that a man without weakness be appointed high priest.

28The Law appoints priests who have weaknesses. But God's oath, which came later than the Law, appoints his Son. And he is the perfect high priest forever.

It says that the law appoints men with weaknesses. Then it says that the Son was appointed by oath. The CLEAR implication is that Jesus had no weaknesses. We needed a “perfect high priest.”

Adam had a full garden of food and he sinned on his first day of existence and you say he was perfect. Jesus was in the desert for forty days without food and did not sin and you say He was weak. To put the icing on the cake you say He was weak when He was appointed by an oath which required that He be perfect.

I wonder sometimes if anti-trinitarians read the same Bible as the rest of the world.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

And so, to whom do the following scriptures indirectly apply?

12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee

Adam was perfect in the day that God created him, and he was in innocence, but he yielded to temptation, and Jesus was also born in innocence, but he did not yield to temptation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 30 2010,14:31)
    TT——————————————————-

Adam was not a perfect man.   He had a whole garden of trees with food and still sinned the very first day of his creation. But Jesus had been in the desert for 40 days without food and He did not sin
    ————————————————————————-
    sorry TT Adam was perfect in all of is nature ,it is true he sin in the first day of his creation,in fact he never lived more  a day,he died befor the day was over.

i am glad you learn something

t,

Sorry but you are adding to the word of God again as usual. Give a scripture which says that Adam was created perfect.  Where does the Bible say Adam was perfect? It says that all things were created “good.” But no where does the Bible say “perfect.”

Why did Adam sin if he was perfect? Give a scripture please. I want scripture. I am not interested in your opinions.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 30 2010,14:35)

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 30 2010,13:17)

TT,

JA,

JA:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

And so, to whom do the following scriptures indirectly apply?

12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee

Adam was perfect in the day that God created him, and he was in innocence, but he yielded to temptation, and Jesus was also born in innocence, but he did not yield to temptation.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I am still waiting for scripture from someone which says that Adam was created perfect. One who sins on the first day of his creation cannot be perfect. He had a whole garden of trees with fruit to choose from and sinned on the very same day he was created.

Give a scripture which actually says the word “perfect” in reference to Adam. If you do not have one then you shouldn't speak.

thinker

Elizabeth
    Participant

Here I agree with thethinker, Adam was not perfect, otherwise He would not have sinned. While Jesus coming from Heaven was perfect in every way. So many think that Jesus was just a mere man. I do not believe that. A mere man would have sinned. But Jesus was created Perfect and knew where He came from. Otherwise He could have not said what H did in
    John 17:5 “And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory I had with You before the world was.”
    Irene

JustAskin
    Participant

TT, Elizabeth,

What does it mean that “Jesus is a second Adam”?

Is it fair that the first Adam was created with flaws, imperfect in the very Image of God and when he sinned because of that flaw that God put into him he is berated for bringing sin into the world.

How, if adam was imperfect, can he be blamed for falling for the wiley ways of the serpent.

How was Jesus, then, created “More Perfect” than Adam , being made INCAPABLE of sinning and then being Glorified for NOT Sinning?

Surely the whole point is that BOTH were created equally CAPABLE of Sinning but one Failed and the other Past the test.

When Jesus PAST the test – then he was made as TT says.

Answer me this: What was the purpose of being tried in the desert – was it not then folly if Jesus was INCAPABPLE of Sinning?

The point of calling Jesus Perfect was to distinguish Him from other men born into Sin – That He was Perfect – Without Sin – Like Adam…

If Jesus “COULD NOT”/”CANNOT” sin then there is no point in putting Him to the test nor Praise, Honor nor Glorify Him for “Overcoming” something that “He Could not have been Tempted into doing in the first place”

You are both also saying that God created an IMPERFECT being in His Own Image and called it Good!!. That sounds abhorrent to me.

Could Not Sin – Being Incapable of doing so – Lacking the faculties to do so.
    Would not Sin – Having the faculty to do so but abstains due to being aware of the consequences.

JustAskin
    Participant

TT,

There is no verse explicitly saying that Adam was created “Perfect”.

This is because there was no need to – the issue is only brought up because created teh argument surrounding it.

GOd created all thing Perfect – how is it he created a perfect spirit Angel but an imperfect Man (in HIS OWN IMAGE – Sacrilege!!)

If he did not create Adam in perfection how is Adam then punished when his flaw is exploited.

The point is that God KNEW that Adam would sin and designed a contingency plan from the beginning.

Just as when he appointed Saul as King over Israel. Saul was Perfect for the position and reigned for [the ubiquituos] 40 years and sinned – Saul was warned about his sinning but he did not stop himself because he was Jealous of David and desirous of guidance from his [dead] Priest against the warnings from God.

Viewing 20 posts - 7,021 through 7,040 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account