Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 7,001 through 7,020 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 27 2010,09:09)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2010,06:41)

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 27 2010,06:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2010,04:52)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,04:29)
    Ed

You havn't convinced any one here that the Holy Spirit is the Father and the “Word” is the Holy Spirit.

Have a nice day. WJ

Hi WJ,

Who have you convinced here of your beliefs?

Ed J

Ed J,

One person became convinced (peace2all) and continued to praise Jesus in his posts but eventually stopped posting. He probably wanted to spend his time getting to know His Lord.

Now, who have you convinced with your silly baby drivel  numbers?

thinker

Hi Thinker,

People need: “BIBLE PERCEPTION“=151, to understandBIBLE TRUTH“=117 ! (AKJV Ephesians 4:22-24)
    As long as you are willing to engage me in conversation all is Good! (Joshua 22:34 / Hebrews 10:15)
    “The God Numbers”=151 are only offered as a second witness. (John 5:36 / Mathew 18:16)

YHVH is GOD”=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

My question was who have you convinced here of your beliefs?

thinker

Hi Thinker,

I have seen a number of people here begin to change; no names.

Ed J

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2010,09:14)

Ed

You havn't convinced any one here that the Holy Spirit is the Father and the “Word” is the Holy Spirit.

Have a nice day. WJ

Hi WJ,

Ed J

Ed J,

One person became convinced (peace2all) and continued to praise Jesus in his posts but eventually stopped posting. He probably wanted to spend his time getting to know His Lord.

thinker

Hi Thinker,

People need: “BIBLE PERCEPTION“=151, to understandBIBLE TRUTH“=117 ! (AKJV Ephesians 4:22-24)
    As long as you are willing to engage me in conversation all is Good! (Joshua 22:34 / Hebrews 10:15)
    “The God Numbers”=151 are only offered as a second witness. (John 5:36 / Mathew 18:16)

YHVH is GOD”=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

thinker

Hi Thinker,

Ed J

Yeah right. No names because there are none.

thinker

karmarie
    Participant

Worshipping in Spirit and truth, Love.
    With Jesus is us, we worship the Father
    By the way what does it mean to Worship? Is it not just love?
    I can sit here and feel love for God Almighty without saying a single word.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 27 2010,10:30)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hi K:

The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Wrong Thread! The discussion between JA  and WJ has been moved to the appropriate thread…Click Here.

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,19:08)

Hi K:

The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

That is good! Now since Jesus is our Master and Lord and we are his “Bondslaves and prisoners” then when we serve him with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength then we are worshipping him!

Jesus said “If you love me, keep my commandments”. Love is the perfect expression of worship. Thanks Marty, I hadn't thought of it that way!

Blessings WJ

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,12:33)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

That is good! Now since Jesus is our Master and Lord and we are his “Bondslaves and prisoners” then when we serve him with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength then we are worshipping him!

Jesus said “If you love me, keep my commandments”. Love is the perfect expression of worship. Thanks Marty, I hadn't thought of it that way!

Blessings WJ

Nice Try WJ:

He is the head of the church, and we are submitted to God through him. When we obey him we are obeying God.

This is what Jesus said:

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

He said that we should honor him as we honor the Father.

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
    23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Blessings WJ

WJ

you say you are a master in your degree in phylosophy,so you must have a good memory, you know the scriptures very well,i know ,i fallow your quotes,what i also notice is that you volontary ignore scriptures who do not support your way of thinking so you are devisif in your statments,your experience also play against you ,the spirit of truth you deny is also against you,and so truth is not found in you.
    Lk 4:8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only

Jn 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
    Jn 5:24 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me

Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth

just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.
    Dt 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
    Dt 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength

now explain the trinity with those verses ,because the Holy Spirit can not lie.men can.

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,21:05)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Blessings WJ

Nice Try WJ:

He is the head of the church, and we are submitted to God through him.  When we obey him we are obeying God.

This is what Jesus said:

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You said…

“The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Now if Jesus said “Keep my commandments” and he that keeps them loves him how is that different than loving and serving the Father?

Are you saying you really are not keeping his commandments and loving and serving him, but just the Father through him?

How is that done?

Lets see “hello Jesus I love you and want to serve you as my master and my Lord but I am really not loving you and serving you but only the Father through you”. or “Never mind Jesus I am not supposed to pray to you so could you please move aside so I can go to the Father?

Is that what you mean?

What is the difference in Loving and serving Jesus with all that we have and our love for the Father?

How can your statement not mean the same for Jesus as the Father if we are to honour him even as we honour the Father?

Per Marty

“The greatest form of worship to to keep His commandments out of our Love for him.

Jesus has commandments also that he said we must keep!

Marty isn't love the perfect expression of worship?

WJ

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,13:20)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Blessings WJ

Nice Try WJ:

He is the head of the church, and we are submitted to God through him.  When we obey him we are obeying God.

This is what Jesus said:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You said…

Now if Jesus said “Keep my commandments” and he that keeps them loves him how is that different than loving and serving the Father?

Are you saying you really are not keeping his commandments and loving and serving him, but just the Father through him?

How is that done?

Lets see “hello Jesus I love you and want to serve you as my master and my Lord but I am really not loving you and serving you but only the Father through you”. or “Never mind Jesus I am not supposed to pray to you so could you please move aside so I can go to the Father?

Is that what you mean?

What is the difference in Loving and serving Jesus with all that we have and our love for the Father?

How can your statement not mean the same for Jesus as the Father if we are to honour him even as we honour the Father?

Per Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

I already told you. When we obey him, we are obeying the Father. Jesus is not the source.

Love is the highest expression of worship, but it does not have to mean worship. I love my wife, but I do not worship her. I love Jesus and he is my head. I am submitted to God through him and without him I would still be in my sins, but I do not worship him as God.

When he was to ascend to the right hand of God our Father. He said he was going to his God and our God, and to his Father and our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Elizabeth
    Participant

W.J.
    1 Corinth. 11:3 the head of man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God our Father.
    Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 27 2010,09:42)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2010,09:14)

Ed

Have a nice day. WJ

Hi WJ,

Ed J

Ed J,

thinker

Hi Thinker,

YHVH is GOD”=117

thinker

Hi Thinker,

Ed J

Yeah right. No names because there are none.

thinker

Hi Thinking man,

Your thinking fails you; Thinker! I never give information that can be used against me!
    Go ask a Police Officer (at a crime scene) the names of the witnesses,
    and see how many “They” will release to a common citizen!

Ed J

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 27 2010,13:08)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

To be obediant, and to please our Father by loving him as He first loved us, and loving our neighbour too.

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi all,

Worship: Complete Love, Devotion and Self Sacrifice to the word of the One God.

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 26 2010,21:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2010,13:20)

Hi K:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Blessings WJ

Nice Try WJ:

This is what Jesus said:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You said…

How is that done?

Is that what you mean?

Per Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

I already told you.  When we obey him, we are obeying the Father.  Jesus is not the source.

Love is the highest expression of worship, but it does not have to mean worship.  I love my wife, but I do not worship her.  I love Jesus and he is my head.  I am submitted to God through him and without him I would still be in my sins, but I do not worship him as God.

When he was to ascend to the right hand of God our Father.  He said he was going to his God and our God, and to his Father and our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Are you submitted to Jesus or not? Is he your only master and Lord or not? Are you his prisoner or not?

Do you have fellowship with the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit or not?

Are you willing to die for him (Jesus) or not?

If you have Jesus you have the Father!

Think about what that means Marty! Jesus calls everyman that will follow him to die for him.

No mere man can place that kind of demand on men for themselves if he were not God. God is a Jealous God and would never allow such devotion to a mere man of flesh!

In the Jewish mind Paul would be an Idolater for giving Jesus that kind of devotion, and Jesus would be committing blasphemy for making such demands!

Oh thats right they were!

Blessings WJ

martian
    Participant

When I have questioned WJ about the impossibility of God becoming a man, he has replied (in essence) that his God can do anything. This in spite of the fact that for God to become a man, He would have to change His character from a being incapable of temptation to one capable of same.

He has said that Christ could never do the things he did without being God. If as he says his God can do anything then why can He not give “all authority in heaven and Earth” to a man? Why can God not appoint a man to judge the Earth? In fact He can and did do those things as scripture clearly states.

If Christ is some kind of hybrid human, fully man and fully God, then everything Christ did must be filtered and ascertained to see if it was God or man that did it. Since there is no key found in the bible to tell us which is which then it all becomes a matter of individual speculation. Whether we desire to give the God/Christ glory for his great Earthly deeds OR follow the human/Christ in doing as he did on Earth it will still be a matter of guesswork.
    God is not the author of that kind of confusion.

WJ’s doctrine brings into question the character of YHWH and invalidates the pure simple example of Christ to humanity. It is conjecture and contradiction, filled with myth and mystery. Instead of verifying the perfect example of Christ it works against that clear example. It is an anti-Christ doctrine.

Quote (martian @ Mar. 27 2010,12:17)

When I have questioned  WJ about the impossibility of God becoming a man, he has replied (in essence) that his God can do anything. This in spite of the fact that for God to become a man, He would have to change His character from a being incapable of temptation to one capable of same.

Marty

Your Unitarian assumption is a fallacy and carries no Biblical weight at all, but in fact is just another weak attempt to reduce God and his infinite power to your own manmade and carnal logic.

But we should take this discussion to another thread since it is off topic…

Click here.

WJ

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Mar. 28 2010,06:17)
    If Christ is some kind of hybrid human, fully man and fully God, then everything Christ did must be filtered and ascertained to see if it was God or man that did it. Since there is no key found in the bible to tell us which is which then it all becomes a matter of individual speculation.

Hi M

Jesus appears to have been half Man half God.
    Son of Man and Son of God. Born not of an earthly father but Heavenly – Holy Spirit.

Well at least thats how I think I understand it?

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Kar,

'Son of man' means 'Born from flesly man'.

'Son of God' means someone who follows God's commands and walks in his ways, the ways of Truth and Righteousness.

This, then, does not mean a half/half person.

Jesus is also the '[only] begotten Son of God' as an adoption into a special position amongst the 'Sons of God' meaning that He would be Heir to His God.

martian
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 28 2010,07:18)

Quote (martian @ Mar. 27 2010,12:17)

When I have questioned  WJ about the impossibility of God becoming a man, he has replied (in essence) that his God can do anything. This in spite of the fact that for God to become a man, He would have to change His character from a being incapable of temptation to one capable of same.

Marty

Your Unitarian assumption is a fallacy and carries no Biblical weight at all, but in fact is just another weak attempt to reduce God and his infinite power to your own manmade and carnal logic.

But we should take this discussion to another thread since it is off topic…

Click here.

WJ

Your Trinitarian silliness is based on your manmade assumptions that God’s unchangeable character can somehow change to satisfy your need to prove your doctrine. One of the primary tenants of Christianity is the unchanging moral character of God. That means he cannot change into a temptable creature or stop being God.
    Matt Slick answers the question in the following manner.
    Can God Do Anything?
    “No, God cannot do everything. God is holy and He cannot sin. The Bible tells us He cannot lie (Hebrews 6:18; Titus 1:2). Also, since God is eternal by nature (Psalm 90:2), He cannot stop being God. He cannot deny Himself (2 Tim. 2:13). God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone with evil (James 1:13).”
    “Some critics of Christianity will say that if God is so powerful and He can do anything then He should be able to make a rock so big He can't pick it up. If He could do that, then there would be something He could not do. But such absurd and illogical challenges are meaningless. The truth is that God must be consistent with His own nature, and He cannot violate His own nature. Therefore, God cannot lie, cannot stop being God, cannot deny Himself, and cannot be tempted by evil. Why? Because He is God.”

http://www.carm.org/questio….ing-sin

If I understand you theory, you claim that God changed into a man and came to Earth. To do that God would need to change his permanent character. That permanent character and unchanging moral stand is the backbone Christian faith. Without an unchanging God faith and trust in God is unsure.

This is all I will say on the matter for now.

Viewing 20 posts - 7,001 through 7,020 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account