Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,121 through 6,140 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author

And Yashuw'ah, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove, and lighting [erchomai] upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

This Spirit: [The Pneuma: Greek NT: Breath, Wind.] Was Yahuweh's voice!

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,16:50)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 07 2010,13:23)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,16:12)

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,12:01)
    WorshippingJesus said;

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God “descending (katabainō,)” like a dove, and lighting upon him: Matt 3:16

And here…

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord “(descended (katabainō )” from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. Matt 28:2

Was the Holy Spirit and the Angel a “thought or plan” come down from heaven? Or did they really descend from  heaven?

thinker

Matthew 3:16 And Yashuw'ah, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove, and lighting [erchomai] upon him:

The Pneuma: Greek NT: Breath, Wind. From Hebrew OT: Ruach: Air, Blast, Breath, Whirlwind, Wind, Windy.

Katabainó: Greek NT: Go down.

And Erchomai: Greek NT: Accompany, Become Known,To Appear, Show Itself.

Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel [angelos {From aggelos}] of the Lord descended [katabas {From katabainó}] from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

The Angelos: Greek NT: Angelos: From Aggelos: Angel, Messenger.

Katabas: Greek NT: From Katabainó: Go down.

The complete definition is…

Strong's G2597 – katabainō which is defined…

1) to go down, come down, descend
    a) the place from which one has come down from
    b) to come down

In every place the word is used it is referring to a literal action by a person and not an abstract “thought or plan”“.

So your point is…???

WJ

Is “Air,” “Blast,” “Breath,” “Whirlwind,” or “Wind” a person?

Con

The Holy Spirit that descended on Jesus in the form of a dove is and was a person.

But that is the problem with the Arians, they think the Spirit is merely a breath or wind like the JWs.

But the scriptures deny this for God is Spirit.

NOW THE LORD IS THE SPIRIT, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17

God can take on any form that he wishes he can be like the wind or the rain or fire or a dove or a human!

But back to the subject, either way the Spirit descended (katabainō) from heaven “Literrally” and so did Jesus!

You should give up the Unitarian faith for it is full of holes!

WJ

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,17:03)
    And Yashuw'ah, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove, and lighting [erchomai] upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

No

Just another Arian twist. The Spirit sat on Jesus and the voice came from heaven!

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 07 2010,17:07)

No

Just another Arian twist. The Spirit sat on Jesus and the voice came from heaven!

WJ

BTW

The Trinity is found here also! :p

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 08 2010,09:14)

No

WJ

BTW

The Trinity is found here also!  :p

WJ

WJ,
    Good point bro! I never thought of that. The Spirit that sat upon Jesus was distinguished from the voice which came out of heaven which was the Father's voice. So the Spirit that sat upon Jesus could not have been the Father's “breath” (voice) as Con says.

The triune God is CLEARLY taught in scripture!

thinker

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 07 2010,14:06)

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,12:01)
    WorshippingJesus said;

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God “descending (katabainō,)” like a dove, and lighting upon him: Matt 3:16

And here…

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord “(descended (katabainō )” from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. Matt 28:2

Was the Holy Spirit and the Angel a “thought or plan” come down from heaven? Or did they really descend from  heaven?

thinker

Matthew 3:16 And Yashuw'ah, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove, and lighting [erchomai] upon him:

The Pneuma: Greek NT: Breath, Wind. From Hebrew OT: Ruach: Air, Blast, Breath, Whirlwind, Wind, Windy.

Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel [angelos {From aggelos}] of the Lord descended [katabas {From katabainó}] from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

b) to come down

In every place the word is used it is referring to a literal action by a person and not an abstract “thought or plan”“.

So your point is…???

WJ

Con

The Holy Spirit that descended on Jesus in the form of a dove is and was a person.

But that is the problem with the Arians, they think the Spirit is merely a breath or wind like the JWs.

NOW THE LORD IS THE SPIRIT, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17

God can take on any form that he wishes he can be like the wind or the rain or a dove or a human!

But back to the subject, either way the Spirit descended (katabainō) from heaven “Literrally” and so did Jesus!

WJ

Does not say it was the form of a dove, it states it descended “like” a dove (how does a dove descended?).

A dove is not a person.

Ruach: http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app9.html
    Pnuema: http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app101.html

Pneumatic: Air Driven

Yahuweh is a spirit.

God can take on any form that he wishes he can be like the wind or the rain or a dove or a human!

That is why he is Yahuweh.

And?

I am sorry, I am NOT Unitarian. In fact your friend “TheThinker IS “Unitarian”. I am Arian, I do not believe all will be saved.

And I agree the “Unitarian” beliefs are full of holes.

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,14:21)

No

WJ

BTW

WJ

WJ,
    Good point bro! I never thought of that. The Spirit that sat upon Jesus was distinguished from the voice which came out of heaven which was the Father's voice. So the Spirit that sat upon Jesus could not have been the Father's “breath” (voice) as Con says.

thinker

The Greeks used the word “Pneuma” for “Spirit,” not me! Your argument is with the Greek Transliteration.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2010,08:18)
    hi TT

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    terraricca said:Quote  
    show me that from the beginning in the bible God is not alone but is a trinity???

“And God said, “Let US make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness.

How's that for starters?

thinker  

TT.to whom was he talking to ??? or who where the ones talking????

for a starter.:

t,

God was not speaking with angels. It says “OUR image.” Man was not created in the image of angels.

Here is another verse for you:

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6 And the LORD said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. 7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.

The Lord said, “Let US go down and confuse their language.” Then it says, “So the LORD scattered them….”

So the “US” did not include angels.

thinker

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,17:21)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 07 2010,14:06)

thethinker,Jan. wrote:

WorshippingJesus said;

And here…

Were the Holy Spirit and the Angel a “thought or plan” come down from heaven? Or did they really descend from  heaven?

thinker

b) to come down

So your point is…???

WJ

Con

But back to the subject, either way the Spirit descended (katabainō) from heaven “Literally” and so did Jesus!

WJ

I said…

Does not say it was the form of a dove, it states it descended “like” a dove (how does a dove descended?).

So what are you saying, the Holy Spirit is a literal Dove? If he was not in the form of a dove then how did the witnesses know he was “Like a dove”?

A dove is not a person.

Which totally invalidates your previous point that the “dove” was the voice of the Lord!

But neither is wind, or rain, or fire persons, yet we know that God can take on these forms if he chooses…

FOR OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE. Heb 12:29

I said..

Ruach: http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app9.html
    Pnuema: http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app101.html

Pneumatic: Air Driven

What does that prove? God can take on the form of breath or wind!

What part of this scripture is not clear?

BTW your first source writes…

II. – THE HOLY SPIRIT : the Third Person of the Trinity.
      2 Samuel 23:2. 1Kings 18:12; 22:24. 2Kings 2:16. 2Chronicles 18:23. Nehemiah 9:20,30. Job 26:13; 33:4. Isaiah 40:13; 48:16; 59:19,21; 61:1; 63:10,1-4. Ezekiel 3:12,14 (1 st); 8:3; 11:1,24; 37:1; 43:5. Micah 2:7; 3:8. Zechariah 4:6; 6:8; 7:12. Malachi 2:15.
     :D

Yahuweh is a spirit.

God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth. John 4:24

Do you see the little brackets? In the Greek
    there is no indefinite article. But what is the difference? God is Spirit or God is a Spirit, or “THE LORD IS that SPIRIT”? 2 Cor 3:17

That is why he is Yahuweh.

Then why do you doubt he can come in human form?

And?

It is proof that Jesus literally came down from heaven!

I am sorry, I am NOT Unitarian. In fact your friend “TheThinker IS “Unitarian”.

Maybe you don’t think so but if you do not believe in the preexistence of Jesus and his Deity then you have a Unitarian faith!

The funniest thing you could ever say is Jack is a “Unitarian”!  :D

And I agree the “Unitarian” beliefs are full of holes.

So then why do you believe like they do?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Constitutionalist said:

In fact your friend “TheThinker IS “Unitarian”.

thinker

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,17:25)

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,14:21)

No

WJ

BTW

WJ

WJ,

thinker

The Greeks used the word “Pneuma” for “Spirit,” not me! Your argument is with the Greek Transliteration.

Yes they did, and the definition of Pneuma is…Strong's G4151…

1) the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son

a) sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the “Holy” Spirit)

b) sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of “Truth”)

c) never referred to as a depersonalised force

2) the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated

a) the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides

b) the soul

3) a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting

a) a life giving spirit

b) a human soul that has left the body

c) a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel

1) used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men

2) the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ

4) the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one

a) the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.

5) a movement of air (a gentle blast)

a) of the wind, hence the wind itself

b) breath of nostrils or mouth

The word “Pneuma” can be any of those things, but when the scriptures use the term “Holy Spirit” it is always refering to the third person of the Trinity which is very God!

WJ

So what are you saying, the Holy Spirit is a literal Dove? If he was not in the form of a dove then how did the witnesses know he was “Like a dove”?

Again, it does NOT say it took on the “FORM” of a “DOVE”.

It states “he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove”.

This air, breath, wind [pneuma], descended AS A “dove” would descend, does not say it is a dove.

Your teaching something that is not there.

Which totally invalidates your previous point that the “dove” was the voice of the Lord!

But neither is wind, or rain, or fire persons, yet we know that God can take on these forms if he chooses…

Does not state Yahuweh himself came down.

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,18:03)
    Constitutionalist said:

In fact your friend “TheThinker IS “Unitarian”.

thinker

Unitarians believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ as found in the New Testament and other Early Christian writings. Adhering to strict monotheism, they maintain that Jesus was a great man and a prophet of God, perhaps even a supernatural being, but not God himself. They believe Jesus did not claim to be God, nor did his teachings hint at the existence of a triune God. Unitarians believe in the moral authority, but not necessarily the divinity, of Jesus. Their theology is thus distinguishable from the trinitarian theology of most Christian denominations, which hold the idea of a triune God as a core belief. Source

I am laughing to

WJ

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,18:09)

It states “he saw the Spirit [pneuma] of Yahuweh descending [katabainó] like a dove”.

This air, breath, wind [pneuma], descended AS A “dove” would descend, does not say it is a dove.

Con

Mincing words!

Ok like a dove but is not a “Dove” right? :D

But still literrally coming down from heaven!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 08 2010,10:09)

LUKE 3:22

” And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

WJ,

I think Con reads a different Bible than the rest of us.

thinker

2 Samuel 23:2. 1Kings 18:12; 22:24. 2Kings 2:16. 2Chronicles 18:23. Nehemiah 9:20,30. Job 26:13; 33:4. Isaiah 40:13; 48:16; 59:19,21; 61:1; 63:10,1-4. Ezekiel 3:12,14 (1 st); 8:3; 11:1,24; 37:1; 43:5. Micah 2:7; 3:8. Zechariah 4:6; 6:8; 7:12. Malachi 2:15.

Meaning what? I have to agree with everything they state? I agree with many things you state, but does that mean I have to agree with everything you state? Or how about Strongs? Do I have to agree with everything with Strongs?

If anyone one source was perfect then we wouldnt be here discussing would we?

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,18:11)

Con

Your assumption is that the term God is exclusive to the Father!

False!

WJ

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,18:15)

Meaning what? I have to agree with everything they state? I agree with many things you state, but does that mean I have to agree with everything you state? Or how about Strongs? Do I have to agree with everything with Strongs?

If anyone one source was perfect then we wouldnt be here discussing would we?

Con

You don't have to believe anything. Just pointing it out thats all.

You can continue to to believe whatever you want!

But Scripturally Jesus literally came down from heaven!

Just like in the past you have not refuted the Greek text and the word moods, tenses etc proving that Jesus literally came down from heaven and returned from whence he came and you still will not address those points!

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 07 2010,15:16)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 07 2010,18:11)

Con

You assumption is that the term God is exclusive to the Father!

False!

WJ

It is.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,121 through 6,140 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account