Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 4,421 through 4,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

If you saw God, heard God, and knew you were once with God and would be returning to God – could you obey perfectly?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    No.
    Grace is all.
    You still want him to be superman?

Not3in1
    Participant

Not Superman, but it is written that he is from heaven and Adam was from the earth.
    We follow Adam in our nature and being – we are from the earth.

The difference is not something folks want to recognize and discuss.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Scripture calls him a man.
    Man is of the dust of the earth
    Scripture does not speak of diiferent forms of man

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Man's body was from dust but where does it say that man's spirit was from dust?
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lu,
    God spoke of man as dust,
    Gen 3
    19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

God's breath gave him life and being

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi all,
    Here are some scriptures that seem to indicate that the phrase “His angel” refers to Jesus's angel. Also, in Rev 22:6 shows that Jesus is the “Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets.”

Rev 1:1
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John…

Rev 22:6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

Rev 22:16
    “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David , the bright morning star.”

Jesus is the God of the spirits of the prophets. That's not a little “g” theos. That is a divine theos who is the only begotten Son of the Most High Theos. Jesus is the only begotten God.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 16 2008,14:30)
    Hi all,
    Here are some scriptures that seem to indicate that the phrase “His angel” refers to Jesus's angel.  Also, in Rev 22:6 shows that Jesus is the “Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets.”

Rev 1:1  
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John…

Rev 22:6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

Rev 22:16
    “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David , the bright morning star.”

Jesus is the God of the spirits of the prophets.  That's not a little “g” theos.  That is a divine theos who is the only begotten Son of the Most High Theos.  Jesus is the only begotten God.

LU

Hi LU,
    No God is God.

Revelation passes through several hands before reaching us and it cannot be as simply explained.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    The Lord Jesus is the God of the spirits of the prophets, His Father is the God of Him.

Where is it written that it can't be simply explained. I just did.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Is this your opinion?

Rev19
    10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Spirit in Jesus inspired the prophets too.
    But God of the prophets is not applied to him as he too is a prophet.

Acts 3
    22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    It is not my opinion that the Lord Jesus is the God of the spirits of the prophets. It is written that the one who sent His angel (it is written that Jesus sent His angel) is the God of the spirits of the prophets.

The Lord Jesus, who is God of the spirits of the prophets, humbled himself and became a prophet himself. Amazing!

So, it is written that Jesus, the one who sent His angel, is God of the spirits of the prophets. And, as you have shown, came down to us to be a prophet himself. Yes it is written if you care to see.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We do not make a patchwork quilt of verses to assemble new doctrines.

So God has authority over all His angels and Jesus has authority over all angels too so how come you think this somehow makes Jesus a god?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    We do let scripture interpret scripture do we not??
    I am not thinking it up. It is written.
    Jesus is the monogenes theos, the firstborn of all creation, the first and the last whose hand founded the earth and His right hand spread out the heavens. The literal firstorn is the only begotten God. Firstborn means the first out of the womb. God begat God out of His womb and we can know this because like begets like out of their womb. These things are written. It is easy to see that the Son, the begotten God could be the God of the spirits of the prophets. Of course, sometimes a wrong foundation can keep us from seeing these things.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So we are able to trust our creative imagination in the matters of God?
    Better to rely on what is written

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    God's spirit guides us, even our imagination to give Him glory. We trust the spirit that guides and gives us understanding in the scriptures and not ourselves. All that I have written comes from that which is written.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Many have trusted in spirit guides and been lost.
    You need the map and the compass and you must find it written and witnessed to say it is truth

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I have given you verses and witnesses to the verses.
    I am sorry that you are fighting this because these truths are greatly freeing. Freedom is good. The truth sets us free.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Servants are not free in all ways.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    The truth sets us free and it is that freedom that I am trying to help you with here. Let go of the shackles.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Scripture does not chain but feeds.
    Every man has his own idea of truth but it is written and supported by witnessing verses.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,421 through 4,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account