Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Two Spirits?
    Is the spirit of Christ divided from the Spirit of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI 94,
    You will not expound Rom 8.9 so I guess that says there is something there you will not see?
    God is one, and His Spirit is one with Him with Christ and with us..

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Mr. Steve…. Jesus did not say to pray inorder to be found worthy to escape. He said pray (always), that you might be found worthy to escape these things.

Gene;

What it says is, Pray always that ye be accounted worthy to escape all these things and to stand before the son of man. Matthew and Mark say to pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath for then shall be great tribulation since has not been since the beginning of the world nor ever shall be… and except those days be shortened no flesh would be saved.

This is one of the rare times in the gospel where Jesus fills in the blanks for us to pray for something specifically for ourselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Again the flight to the mountains relates to the Jews in Judea.
    Everyone everywhere does not need to flee to the mountains but God warns the woman who produces the saviour Son Jesus.

Rev12
    6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Again the flight to the mountains relates to the Jews in Judea.
    Everyone everywhere does not need to flee to the mountains but God warns the woman who produces the saviour Son Jesus.

Rev12
    6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Nick;

It is not speaking of natural Israel because Jesus says that in those days there shall be tribulation that is so bad that unless those days be shortened no flesh would be saved. Jesus is giving us clear instruction to pray to be worthy to escape tribulation.

Revelation 12 refers to the church, not a woman in Judea. In the chapter the reference to three and one half years is expressive to avoid a literal interpretation of natural Israel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Lk 21
    35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

So it is best to be taken to be with the Son of Man than to remain on earth while God expresses His wrath.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Mark 13:20
    And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

So some, the elect,who have not been found worthy to be with Christ, will be saved out of the time of tribulation. But they are all not in Judea so as to be told to flee to the hills there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Is the reason they flee to the hills because of a flood there?

Revelation 12:15
    And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Isaiah 28:2
    Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Jeremiah 47:2
    Thus saith the LORD; Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land, and all that is therein; the city, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall cry, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howl.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    This thread should be reserved for the Son of God being sent from heaven.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

So it is best to be taken to be with the Son of Man than to remain on earth while God expresses His wrath.

Hi Nick;

That's what he taught us to pray. He was only talking with Peter, James, John, and Andrew in this passage so only believers were present. Plus, he is giving his servants (his church) the message they need to understand.

Luke 12:41, when Peter asks who the parable applies to Jesus indicates to his servants. Blessed are those servants who will be found watching. They will be ushered into the kingdom of God with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the master will come and serve them.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Is the reason they flee to the hills because of a flood there?

Revelation 12:15
    And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Isaiah 28:2
    Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Jeremiah 47:2
    Thus saith the LORD; Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land, and all that is therein; the city, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall cry, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howl

Nick;

I believe it is the flood of wickedness from above, satan is cast out of heaven. Those scriptures are good because they clearly show that a spiritual message is intended. There are others which refer to the armies of the north coming against Judea for there failure to repent in Jeremiah.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,15:17)
    HI 94,
    You will not expound Rom 8.9 so I guess that says there is something there you will not see?
    God is one, and His Spirit is one with Him with Christ and with us..

Hi Nick:

I won't expound on 8:9 because 8:11 is a continuation of what is being said in verse 9.  I have already given you my understanding.

The Father and the Son are two distinct individuals.  They are one in the spirit as it relates to the gospel.  The Word of God has proceeded from the Father by His Spirit.

God dwells within in us by His Spirit as our helper, but He is not limited to the human body.  He is everywhere by His Spirit.

Psalm 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So can we be blessed with the Spirit of God but not have the Spirit of Christ and be none of His?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2008,13:39)
    Hi 94,
    So can we be blessed with the Spirit of God but not have the Spirit of Christ and be none of His?

Hi Nick:

I have already quoted the following scripture but here it is again:

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The Holy Spirit will not dwell within us unless we are striving to keep His commandments (the doctrine of Christ).

This is as far as I can go with this.  If you do not understand, then I don't know what else to do except to pray for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I am just trying to understand your ideas here.

So to you Rom 8.9 means that you can have the Spirit of God but that Spirit will not abide with you if you do not feed on the Word to have the Spirit of Christ as well?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2008,14:09)
    Hi 94,
    I am just trying to understand your ideas here.

So to you Rom 8.9 means that you can have the Spirit of God but that Spirit will not abide with you if you do not feed on the Word to have the Spirit of Christ as well?

Hi Nick:

If you are trying to understand what I am saying, then please read what I have posted.

I am praying that God will give you revelation knowledge of what I have said to you regarding this subject.

I have already given you my understanding, and I am going around in the same circle trying to explain to you what I have said.  I believe that if you will just take the time to read what I have posted, you will understand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Well, back to the subject at hand… The Monogenes Son who was sent into the world.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To those that believe that Jesus Christ did not pre-exist his birth as a man, then there are many scriptures that are difficult for you to overcome. That aside, there is also this problem.

If Adam hadn't sinned, then there would be no Yeshua the Messiah would there?

So then the only conclusion one can draw is that God intended man to sin so that Yeshua could exist. If that were the case, then man was destined to sin and nothing was going to change that. Seems strange then for God to turn around and say that man has now sinned and therefore I will curse, him.

Just one more difficulty to add to the many scriptures that point to the son being with God before the creation of the world.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 16 2008,21:12)
    To those that believe that Jesus Christ did not pre-exist his birth as a man, then there are many scriptures that are difficult for you to overcome. That aside, there is also this problem.

If Adam hadn't sinned, then there would be no Yeshua the Messiah would there?

So then the only conclusion one can draw is that God intended man to sin so that Yeshua could exist. If that were the case, then man was destined to sin and nothing was going to change that. Seems strange then for God to turn around and say that man has now sinned and therefore I will curse, him.

Just one more difficulty to add to the many scriptures that point to the son being with God before the creation of the world.

Hi t8:

I don't believe that God intended for man to sin, but that he forsaw that he would sin.

God Bless

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi all
    I'm Adam from India. This site has been great help for me to know about the only True God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. I'm not covinced about how Jesus was pre-existing before he was conceived by Mary. I am impressed by the explanations given by Gene, Not3in1 and Adam so far. But Nick and T8 still not convinced by these explanations. I wonder how we are going to end this dispute. Do continue.
    God bless you all

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account