PREACHING the good news of the kingdom–(Acts 20;2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Adam, Moses to John, I spy with my little eye, something beginning with…. G_ _._ _ _ _

game OF hang man nick? WHILE I COOK dinner.
    :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Acts 5:42
    And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

This preaching would seem to be among their own community.

charity
    Participant

the house of Eli Eli that I had faith in until forsaken?
    Mat 27:46   And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

End Please?
    1Sa 3:12   In that day I will perform against Eli all [things] which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

I have no choice but to become a  freelancer!  :D
    The books of the bible just mock each others myths.
    perhaps I know there is more to Jesus than meets the eye in word, and enters the ears via fools!
    charity

charity
    Participant

Surly it would Help if one heart attempted to understand?

Apostles are compared to pillars of Power that hold the earth up or let it fall down?

1Sa 2:8  He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [and] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [them] among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [are] the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them. Mat 27:52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Where oh where did the throne go?
    when he was made to speck in the time when prophecy said he would be silent…
    before the wicked,
    his Tongue supposedly clung to the roof of the mouth,
    never the less, John WITH A PEN,  still made him remove the Kingdom from earth?
    Jhn 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Tiffany
    Participant

Are you not glad that the Kingdom of God is not of this world (Society) ? I am, it is nasty out there. God has given us such a beautiful Planet to life in , and just like Satan before, has destroyed so much of it. Satellite dishes everywhere. Spy planes in the air. Polluting the air, so people get sick and cant breath.
    One Day my Prince will come, He will set all straight. Once again this earth will have Peace on Earth, good will to men.

Peace and Love Irene

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    So what is the message you bring to the door and what materials do you offer?

Nick, perhaps you didn't notice my hidden message in this question:

Hi NICK, HELLO.
    This thread: “PREACHING the good news of the kingdom–HOW.”

do you have the ability to change the title to the above?

There is a thread about “what” to preach Nick. Perhaps that's the thread you want to discuss this in.

Nick, have you ever preached using the apostolic method–that of going from house to house? Could you ever? What would happen?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So you just preach the gospel?
    Did the apostles visit strangers homes uninvited?

NickHassan
    Participant

So david,
    Do you preach the gospel in the name of Jesus and the JWs teachings in the name of the Watchtower?

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    So you just preach the gospel?
    Did the apostles visit strangers homes uninvited?

Nick, I don't think you've read my first post, but here is a quote from it:

When Jesus sent forth his disciples, he instructed them:
    ““Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. When you are entering INTO THE HOUSE, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it;” (MAT 10:11,12)

Were they to visit without a prior invitation? Note Jesus further words:
    “Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet.” (Mat 10:14)

So Jesus words in Matthew 10:14 seem to indicate that yes, they did visit people without prior invitation.

When Paul said “house to house” at acts 20:20, he was not referring solely to social calls upon elders or to shepherding visits in the homes of fellow believers. His next words show that he was speaking about a house-to-house ministry among unbelievers, for he said: “But I thoroughly bore witness both to Jews and to Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus.” (Acts 20:21) Fellow believers had already repented and exercised faith in Jesus.
    Hence, both Acts 5:42 and Acts 20:20 have to do with preaching to unbelievers “from house to house,” or from door to door.

david
    Participant

Nick, if you missed the first post, you probably missed this one too. I'm just curious what your responses to these questions would be?

Nick, have you ever preached using the apostolic method–that of going from house to house? Could you ever? What would happen?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Should I take a watchtower booklet as well as the gospel?
    Would that not be comparing the words of God with those of men as equivalent?

david
    Participant

So david,
    Do you preach the gospel in the name of Jesus and the JWs teachings in the name of the Watchtower

Nick, we preach the good news of the kingdom. (If you look, you'll see that the actual name of the Watchtower, for example is: “The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom.”
    And we attempt to imitate Jesus, the “faithful and true witness,” in doing this. We make his father's name known, as he did, directing attention to him, and of course, his anointed one, Jesus. We speak with them on a variety of subjects, all of which lead to the good news of the kingdom. We study the Bible with people. I think we conduct like a billion studies per year. And yes, we leave people with Bible's and Bible based literature to read–books, magazines, tracts, pamphlet's, videos, etc. And we do this all over the world, in hundreds of languages, and hundreds of countries, and all with the same good news of the kingdom.
    And by doing it from door to door, we ensure that we reach most people.

Nick, I am still troubled by the fact that if you and T8 went out and did this, you'd be giving conflicting messages about God and who he is. And you're only two people. I have to think that if God wants a message heard throughout the world, it will be a unified message.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Could you leave the rest behind and just take the gospel?
    You might find a better reception perhaps.
    Folks react to the packaging.

david
    Participant

i David,

Nick, can you at least TRY to answer ANY of my questions. That way I'll at least think we're having a conversation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    So you need the watchtower to stand behind?
    Does it not get in the way and folk see you as purveyors of a church?

david
    Participant

Hi David,

No, it wouldn't. Just as you speaking about the word of God does not make your thoughts about the word of God equivelant to the Word of God.

Hi David,
    Could you leave the rest behind and just take the gospel?
    You might find a better reception perhaps.
    Folks react to the packaging.

Whenever you do that, people have a “that's it?” look on their face.

Question Nick, “could YOU do that?”

I KNOW I can. But can you? (I've asked this before, but didn't get an answer.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Jesus told us to go and preach the kingdom.
    So who told you take all this other garbage?
    If he did not then who are you really serving

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    So you need the watchtower to stand behind?
    Does it not get in the way and folk see you as purveyors of a church?

If by “the watchtower” you mean “the entire association of [my] brothers in the world” then “yes” it helps to have a global spiritual brotherhood behind me.
    (1 pet 5:9)

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    Jesus told us to go and preach the kingdom.
    So who told you take all this other garbage?
    If he did not then who are you really serving

Nick, why do you think you're more important that I am?
    Why do you refuse to answer a single question by me, yet you continue to ask of me?
    And Nick, preaching the kingdom is what I am doing. What are you doing? On last check, you were teaching pagan God dishonour false beliefs. I am thankful that you do not go from house to house with this slanderous, to use your word “garbage.”
    If you can't answer a single question of mine, that tells me you're hiding something or have no answers. Which is it?

david
    Participant

Nick, I've twice now mentioned to you that this thread is about “HOW” the good news is to be preached, not WHAT we are to preach. (There is another thread on that subject.) As a moderator, I'd think you'd want to be an example in following the rules.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account